TN JOE CLYDE DANIELS: Missing from Dickson, TN - 4 April 2018 - Age 5 *GUILTY*

1582428006689.png

Dad beat autistic son Joe Clyde Daniels to death, hid his body in remote area: affidavit

Violent details have been released in the murder of 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels.

According to an affidavit, Joe's father, Joseph Ray Daniels, confessed to police that he beat his non-verbal, autistic son to death at their Dickson home on April 4.

Daniels told police that he "struck his son...repeatedly in the body, upper torso, head, and face with closed-fist until his son was deceased," the affidavit says.

Young Joe Clyde died at his residence along Garners Creek Road. Daniels told authorities he put the kindergartner's body in the truck of his car and "disposed" of his son's body in a remote, rural area. As of Monday morning, Joe Clyde's body still hasn't been found after authorities searched through the weekend.

Daniels called 911 to report his son missing.

Joseph Daniels pens letter claiming Joe Clyde was killed by his mother

The father of Joe Clyde Daniels, Joseph Daniels, confessed to killing the 5-year-old autistic boy, but he's now pointing the finger at someone else - his wife, Krystal Daniels.

It's one of a couple of new developments in the case. Joseph Daniels is currently charged with homicide in the death of his son -- mostly based on a confession that Joseph has since recanted.

Media - JOE CLYDE DANIELS: Missing from Dickson, TN since 4 April 2018 - Age 5

Last edited:
Just some 'food for thought';

Among those involved have been national search organization Texas Equusearch and private investigator David Marshburn.

Dave Radar, of Cincinnati, who heads up the Midwest branch of Texas Equusearch, said throughout the summer his organization covered new and previously-search areas, using dogs and drones. His team was in Dickson seven times.

“It’s all come up empty,” Radar said.

More recently, well-known private investigator David Marshburn, of North Carolina, has been in Dickson County searching, too.

Marshburn sat with the Daniels family at the most recent Dickson County Circuit Court hearing for Joseph and Krystal Daniels. During the hearing, Judge David Wolfe determined that the trials would remain in Dickson County.

So who did these remains that were not Joe belong to found in 2018? Did they ever determine?

It is sad they have not found him so he can be laid to rest with a place and some dignity. I don't see that not finding him shows anything as far as what happened or who is responsible. I hope he is found one day.

So who did these remains that were not Joe belong to found in 2018? Did they ever determine?

It is sad they have not found him so he can be laid to rest with a place and some dignity. I don't see that not finding him shows anything as far as what happened or who is responsible. I hope he is found one day.
I'd have dig a bit however those remains were sent to TBI for identification.

I'd have dig a bit however those remains were sent to TBI for identification.
Don't want you to have to look. Just thought maybe you knew. I am not thinking it is Joe, just hoping whoever it was they identified and if any wrongdoing, solved it.

It sure is one of the issues. It's just a few things that kind of sway me somewhat. He told his father I think it was wasn't it? So he confessed again and in different circumstances. TWO false confessions? I have trouble believing false in that case. I CAN believe he confessed but did not give up everything, like true location though. As always though, jmo.

I think the earliest we would see the jury conclude is tomorrow and I'm not so sure of that. I do think it likely though we will see them conclude OR we will have a hint they are having trouble agreeing.

View attachment 11593
Sentencing September 14
I actually did not know what all the charges were. I always meant to ask or go look. Will say I am not surprised. First degree was not proven, I have no argument with that. As to the rest of it, I tend to agree with it all. As stated, they did not have a LOT but there were things that to me could not be ignored or explained. Confession was big but other things tied in too. This jury looked again at the confession and I think took this case very seriously. I agree with them and it was unanimous.

On a side note, I am very impressed with the hours kept and the judge and going through the weekend, etc. and coming in on the weekend for the verdict. Our courts are backed up enough.

I actually did not know what all the charges were. I always meant to ask or go look. Will say I am not surprised. First degree was not proven, I have no argument with that. As to the rest of it, I tend to agree with it all. As stated, they did not have a LOT but there were things that to me could not be ignored or explained. Confession was big but other things tied in too. This jury looked again at the confession and I think took this case very seriously. I agree with them and it was unanimous.

On a side note, I am very impressed with the hours kept and the judge and going through the weekend, etc. and coming in on the weekend for the verdict. Our courts are backed up enough.
one reason for that was because this was being tried in another county and the jury was sequestered.

A look back at the three year effort to find justice for Joe Clyde Daniels​

It was a case that shook Dickson County to its core. April 4, 2018, Joe Clyde Daniels, a five-year-old little boy with autism was reported missing from his home that he shared with his parents, grandparents, aunt and two siblings.

So many questions remain, like the location of a body or motive. But we do know this -- a community shaken to it's core now has a few more answers. Hopefully, one day, Dickson County will be able to find peace.

They do plan to appeal.

Public defender Jake Lockert said Daniels wants to pursue an appeal and that they will.

“We felt like throughout this trial we have had a lot of reversible errors, so he’s advised he wants to pursue an appeal, so we will file a motion for new trial and then after that we will pursue his appeal,” Lockert explained.

I just came across this record of Baby Joe's brother testifying. I really hope those children are getting the mental health help that they need, I can't imagine going through something like that as an adult much less a child. So sad.

On a side note am I understanding correctly that according to this article the brother says that he (Joseph) walked away carrying baby Joe? If that is true then he couldn't have went far with him. Unless he came back later with the car and moved him again before reporting him missing. I really pray that LE gets a crew together and searches for him again with this new potential location information.

Last edited:

I just came across this record of Baby Joe's brother testifying. I really hope those children are getting the mental health help that they need, I can't imagine going through something like that as an adult much less a child. So sad.

On a side note am I understanding correctly that according to this article the brother says that he (Joseph) walked away carrying baby Joe? If that is true then he couldn't have went far with him. Unless he came back later with the car and moved him again before reporting him missing. I really pray that LE gets a crew together and searches for him again with this new potential location information.
That is correct however during the trial the interview with the child didn't produce the same information. Which leaves a lot of doubt about what happened that evening. MOO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back