FL ALEJANDRO RIPLEY: Missing from Miami, FL - 21 May 2020 - Age 9 *Found Deceased*

1590122493596.jpeg

AMBER Alert issued after 9-year-old boy with autism abducted from SW Miami-Dade store

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has issued an AMBER Alert for a 9-year-old boy with autism who has been abducted from the parking lot of a Southwest Miami-Dade Home Depot.

Miami-Dade Police responded to the scene along the 15000 block of Southwest 88th Street just before 9 p.m., Thursday.

According to a store employee, the abductors crashed into the mother’s car and took off with the child, who has been identified as Alejandro Ripley.

Investigators added that Alejandro has a scar on his left leg and is non-verbal.

FDLE said he was abducted by two men driving a light blue sedan.

7News cameras captured multiple police cruisers outside of the store, and a helicopter could be heard flying over the scene.

Police have blocked off the parking lot’s entrances and exits, and they are not letting people leave or enter the area.

scratching my head...the very next sentence

Police have not confirmed whether the body that was found is Alejandro
Media for you. My guess is they had the news ready and then maybe had it confirmed but did not reread before trying to hit the wires with it?

I don't like how they keep putting the word "ambush" in quotation marks... We know what that sometimes means...

Media for you. My guess is they had the news ready and then maybe had it confirmed but did not reread before trying to hit the wires with it?

I don't like how they keep putting the word "ambush" in quotation marks... We know what that sometimes means...
I didn't notice the quotation marks, but not liking the story, either.

Miami-Dade homicide detectives were conducting a child death investigation near the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club in Kendale Lakes early Friday. The child’s body was found floating in a nearby canal, according to Miami Herald news partner CBS4.

The Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida acknowledged that the found body was Alejandro’s although Miami-Dade police have yet to confirm his identity.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article242919026.html#storylink=cpy

Not a lot of info released yet. I find it...odd that people will have press conferences where they "can't comment" on literally everything.
When I first read the story last night I couldn't believe it. And I still can't.
I wonder why the mothers name hasn't been released either. She was out driving with her son and noticed someone following her then is run off the road and someone in that vehicle demanded drugs from her and got mad when she didn't have any and took her child in retaliation? :thinking:

I'd like to know who last saw that child alive other than the mother?

This seems like a really busy road too. Sure it was 9 pm but most roads like this would have at least one witness in the time it would have taken to happen.
Also, several of the businesses on this street must have cameras.

Dang. I tried to input the map but it didn't work.

This seems like a really busy road too. Sure it was 9 pm but most roads like this would have at least one witness in the time it would have taken to happen.
Also, several of the businesses on this street must have cameras.

Dang. I tried to input the map but it didn't work.

working on it ;)

I think we all saw this coming...

Police: Mother alleging son’s abduction turns into suspect in his death

Nine-year-old Alejandro Ripley ended up dead on Friday morning and his 47-year-old mother, Patricia Ripley, is a suspect, police said.

Alejandro was wearing the Captain America T-shirt his mother told officers about Thursday night. His body turned up floating in a small lake at the Miccosukee Golf and Country Club in the quiet Kendale Lakes neighborhood, detectives said.

Miami-Dade Police Department detectives noted there was trauma to the head. The Medical Examiner’s Office has yet to release a report.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued an Amber Alert on Thursday night. Detectives were suspicious when they saw surveillance video at Home Depot at 15750 SW 88 St. She waited in her parked car for more than 15 minutes before calling 911, police said.

Police Investigate Mother In Death Of SW 9-Year-Old Autistic Boy

The mother of Alejandro Ripley is the primary focus of the investigation into his death and admitted playing a role in his death, a senior law enforcement source told CBS 4 News.

The source also said that the mother admitted making up the story about two black men abducting her child.

The law enforcement source said the mother broke down after police found witnesses who claim to have seen the mother with the child near the lake where the child’s body was eventually found.

1590206379733.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back