NE TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

1699932829249.png1699932642511.png 1699932667826.png

Missing Lincoln man has ‘gone off the grid’, sheriff’s office says​

After leaving his home in southwest Lincoln on Friday, there has been no sign of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office were initially called to the Yankee Hill neighborhood Friday at 7:45 p.m. for a verbal disagreement between Goodrich and his husband Marshall Vogel. However, upon arrival, Goodrich had already left, and since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area.

Vogel then called LSO at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing. Goodrich is 6′2, 180 pounds and was last seen wearing running shorts, a sweatshirt that zips, gray running shoes, and a Garmin watch, with his phone and wallet in hand.

“The reason we are so concerned is because he has gone off the grid,” said Chief Deputy Benjamin Houchin. “We do not have any information. His phone is not on and we know that he has not had any financials.”

LSO said the family has cooperated in the investigation and even organized a search party with some friends on Sunday. People close to Goodrich said his phone last pinged near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets. On Sunday, they searched that area for Goodrich, but didn’t find anything.

MEDIA - TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

Last edited:

Tyler Goodrich’s family holds remembrance event​

Tyler Goodrich has now been missing for over 100 days. His family’s longing for him grows larger as each day passes by.

On Sunday, Tyler’s family held an event in Lincoln as their way to thank the community for their support and to also bring Tyler’s story back to the public’s attention. His family said they hope the event builds the momentum for search efforts again.

10/11 NOW sat down with Tyler’s father on Sunday, and he’s not going to stop looking for his son, but he said he knows that he needs the support of the community.

Tyler went missing weeks before winter storms blew across much of Nebraska, causing search parties to grow cold.

“Once the weather changed and realized people can’t be out walking and it’s cold and it’s snowing, we didn’t want Tyler to be put on the back burner,” said Lonnie Goodrich, Tyler’s Father.

The family decided to hold an event to remember Tyler and thank the community for their support at the Chocolate Season. It’s where Tyler frequented after every race to enjoy a waffle and coffee.

“They just said out of the blue, Lincoln has been so good to us and we want to give back and we wanted to do it with you so they decided to come here and give a dollar off every waffle and drink to show how much love and goodwill Tyler has,” said Erika Jensen, Tyler’s friend, and owner of the Chocolate Season.

Lonnie said he hopes that Tyler’s disappearance will provoke more resources in Lincoln for missing persons.

“As much as I love my son, he means everything to me, but he doesn’t mean more to me than anybody else’s son or daughter means to them so all the support we’ve had needs to be the same support every person gets,” Lonnie said. “Every person.”

Lonnie said he and other family members meet with the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office every week for updates. So far, no leads, but he thanks them for their effort and he thanks the community for not giving up on his son.

“It’s hard,” Lonnie said. “I thought by now things would be a little easier, but they get harder every day, the longer he’s gone, the harder it is. The reality takes over and you have to have people’s support.”

‘That puzzle piece is out there:’ Private investigator shares insight on Tyler Goodrich case​

The search for Tyler Goodrich continues, with family and friends once again canvassing the area near his house, where he went missing last November.

Erik Rezabek, a private investigator with Bring ’em Home Nebraska, led the search on Sunday.

He’s been on the case for about three months now and says he’s looking into several leads.

“It’s a true mystery, though,” Rezabek said. “It really is. Not a lot of scenarios make sense. I’ve worked cases before where you pretty much knew what happened or you had a really good idea — you’re just trying to confirm it and catch who was involved. But with this, we don’t really have any of that.”

When searching for a missing person, he uses metal detectors, drones, infrared scopes, databases and old-fashioned “boots on the ground.”

He said trying to disappear in our world is “pretty much impossible.”

“You would have to go off grid totally: no electronics, no social media,” Rezabek said. “It’s tough. And that’s why this is somewhat frustrating because we have cameras, we have all these tools, and none of them have panned out yet.”

He added that the lack of details makes the case a lot harder to piece together, but all possibilities are being considered.

“There’s scenarios out there that maybe he was hit by a drunk driver, and they took him,” Rezabek said. “That’s going to make it a lot tougher.”

He said if foul play was involved, he’ll figure it out.

“It’s just going to take time,” he said. “That puzzle piece is out there; we just got to find it.”

If there is more evidence to find, Rezabek said search parties are the way to get it.

“I had another person ask me about why is this such a big deal here in Nebraska,” he said. “And I think that’s really a tribute to the Midwest. I think we kind of take care of our own.”

No matter how long it takes, Rezabek said there’s still reason to have hope.

As he said, nothing really makes sense, cameras have not yielded results and so on.

The only thing that makes sense to me is Tyler did not go far. He hid until the cops left and then he returned. This is the most likely.

Second most likely is he was in the barn at some point and someone went out to confront him, knowing this habit or even that he would sleep there perhaps if ain argument.

There's a reason for the 911 call that night.

if the spouse is to be believed, it isn't Tyler that wanted the relationship to be over. Of course we don't have Tyler's side of that story.

There is also a reason LE turned toward the spouse and that the spouse limited searches and talking to the kids. More is known imo than we know.

There is a reason he is seen on no other camera nor by anyone else that night.

There is a reason he was not reported missing until the next day but that it was made sure that he was reported then.

Who was the one I wonder with the true upper hand in this relationship? The control? Hard to say but I would say it is often the one that cares less, wants out, won't make it work or try to. At first here I struggled with that I thought Tyler as the breadwinner and apparently social, family oriented and well liked would have been the stronger one but over time, I am seeing it otherwise. It bothered me that he ran when LE was called which would seem to imply he was the "abuser" or one in the wrong for lack of a better word. Why do you light out from LE if you are not guilty...

I've got my thoughts on all that that I've come to. Of course I'm not saying my leaning here is correct or about a 70 percent certainty and in some ways it is higher but I'm waiting for a bit more.

I think these men were in the mess of an ending relationship or at least one was making it that way and of course custody and much else would be an issue. Even shared placement . What was this call over a verbal disagreement? That's ridiculous. Either there was no disagreement, there was one beyond verbal or it was a setup. Now you could call if you are the weaker spouse and you see signs of your spouse getting angry, that wouldn't be hard to believe in abuse, you know what's coming next. Yet it wasn't even said it was a hot argument, spouse played it down it seems which then makes no sense for the call unless of course it was for control and making a record, a spousal thing and concens about divorce and custody.

OR spouse could have played it down because Tyler was out there somewhere and he feared his wrath if he told LE how bad the right really was and what was going on and he could come back. Which perhaps he did.

This is what had me stuck in the beginning... Although my leaning was he same, this part was a bit hard to understand. That Tyler lit out over an "abuse" or verbal argument call. That he is the more volatile one or aggressor and I was leaning towards someone did something about that for once and for all which still could be the case but I don't think that's how it went or was at all. It was my sticking point of seeming like Tyler must have had fear he'd be looked at as the problem or arresed and so he must be the aggressor or one in the wrong... Even though of course there was no aggression, just a non termpered slight verbal disagreement worth calling 911 over by the spouse and that's a key thing I believe...

There is one person here who seems to has had calm control over self from start, not overly emotional, ya know the relationship was ending but they'd still always be the parents and yada, yada, yada. Tyler would SEEM the more emotional one and it is easy to equate emotion and upset with more volatility but that's not what comes across about him from anyone else.

I haven't figured it all out yet but this was set up, it was planned imo. Some will think me off base but I think that's what LE was thinking and seeing too and they know a lot more than we do. We just have a few things or hints of things and still there's enough to kind of point that way imo. Not a lot but enough. Too bad it's not the kind of case to get a lot of outside attention because we'd have more history, FOIA requests, friends talked to, spouse looked at and so on.

Every single thing we have about the two of them, their marriage, their family, their relationship, the situation, comes from the only one here to tell it and what he tells is his version, Tyler's isn't told. It isn't said but I get the total feeling Tyler's friends and family aren't working with the spouse or the spouse saying sure come look on our property, at our vehicles and so on. Not that he has to. Just saying i don't get the feeling they are close to their son's spouse, they aren't coming out and saying don't look at ________ (can't recall his name), my son, my brother loved him and _____ adored him, leave him alone, he would never do this.

There's none of that.

We all can think of a lot of cases where at FIRST family stuck up for the spouse, maybe a bit naively or just the problems in the relationship were hidden from them or the adutl child didn't want to worry them and a myriad of other reasons. Laci Peterson's family at first I think supported Scott. There are MANY examples we have seen. Here though I haven't seen a one of them do that and it is somewhat avoided and talked around. in all seemed good with Tyler, etc... He loved those kids. He loved his family. He'd never miss my birthday. Without touching on spouse really.

Okay. Maybe I should apologize. I started off to comment and then did an early morning walk through to see where it took me to in my thoughts and what those thoughts spurred.

The odds aren't perfect but I know where I'd place my wager if it were a betting situation and not a tragic one.

March 6, 2024
Editorial, Feature, Lincoln News

Search parties are resuming their efforts to locate Tyler Goodrich, a Nebraska native who has now been missing for four months after recent winter weather halted search efforts.

Goodrich was last seen on the night of November 3, 2023, after he left his Southwest Lincoln home on foot following a dispute with his spouse. The 35-year-old has not been seen or heard from since, with no activity on his bank accounts or social media, with the only lead in the case being low-resolution footage taken from a neighbor’s Blink doorbell camera of someone who appears to be Goodrich jogging away from his residence. As the case grows colder, the more Goodrich’s family longs for answers as to what happened to the father of two.

A Facebook page dedicated to coordinating search efforts for Goodrich “Let’s Find Tyler Goodrich” has amassed over 24,000 members. Despite not being able to physically search for Goodrich, members continue to share Goodrich’s face across social media and continue putting up posters and signs across Lincoln in hopes that there will eventually be a break in the case.

Goodrich’s family is now seeking help from Erik Rezabek, a private investigator with Bring ‘em Home Nebraska, which specializes in missing person cases. In a statement to KLKN news, Rezabek said, “It’s a true mystery, though. It really is. Not a lot of scenarios make sense. I’ve worked cases before where you pretty much knew what happened or you had a really good idea — you’re just trying to confirm it and catch who was involved. But with this, we don’t really have any of that.”

My guess is by family they mean the blood related family and not the spouse. I get no sense they work together, it isn't pointed out they don't but it isn't hinted at they are either. That says a lot to me.

I even in this case can suppose the grainy very fast momentary video is of Tyler but now we have recently had the same thing in the Soto case where ma and bf etc claimed she was seen on church video and not true it appears.

Whether it was Tyler on this one or not, there is too much that leaves me at the home still and with the spouse. It is all a bit too much... It is also similar to the 15 year old autistic boy where no video at all can be found nor dogs scenting nor anything else...

Not conclusive but that in and of itself in all of them is a huge red flag imo. And then there is more. Only in Soto of the three has there been an arrest, not for her murder but for the likely SB and CP relating to her. It was not her on the grainy video.

Anyhow, I hope Tyler's real family gets answers. I don't consider his spouse real family, he was done with him just as is true in other hub/.wife relationships when one goes missing all too often. And a domestic call that caused him to go missing just before that. Yeah, it is a bit too much combined with never another sighting, a bank card used, a phone used or anything else...

Missing Lincoln man’s husband passed polygraph test, attorney says​

The husband of a Lincoln man who’s been missing since early November passed a polygraph test, his attorney shared with media Tuesday.

Tyler Goodrich has been missing for more than four months, and authorities say there’s no evidence anything criminal has happened.

Despite the lack of evidence, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office has continued to explore all possible angles, including asking Tyler’s husband, Marshall Vogel, to submit to a polygraph test. Both Vogel’s attorney, Sanford Pollack, and the sheriff’s office confirmed that the results indicated no deception on Vogel’s part.

In a statement, Pollack emphasized, “Marshall Vogel continues to cooperate fully with law enforcement.” When asked, Chief Deputy Ben Houchin agreed that Vogel has been fully cooperative.

“Marshall and his family continue to thank the community and law enforcement for their continued time and efforts dedicated to located Tyler,” Pollack said.

Tyler Goodrich’s family rode emotional ‘roller coaster’ amid news of dead body​

After a body was found in a creek near Waverly on Saturday, the family of Tyler Goodrich was among the first to know.

Tyler’s father, Lonnie Goodrich, said he received a text message when deputies found a dead body near 134th Street and Mill Road.

They gave him the news but told him that it was unlikely the body was Tyler’s.

“The possibility that it could be Tyler, that closure could be confirmed, and then finding out it isn’t, you go through this crazy roller coaster and hold different forms of grief,” Lonnie said.

On Tuesday, the man was identified as 38-year-old Keath Jones.

Lonnie said the discovery of the body brings hope that Tyler can also be found.

They TEXTED? Not enough detail but any family waiting for news for answers or an arrest and in grief, I'd think you'd call and say FIRST to not cause that panic, and yes, there would be panic and down and up, that first off we want to tell you this is not something that will upset you because we already are faiirly certain this is NOT your son but we have found a body, you start with something to level that awaited for news and whether it will be bad or good. Let them know IT isn't BUT that news may report and speculate so we want YOU to know before you hear that that we are 95 percent sure this is not your son.

A text? Of course little info in this article so who knows when the said what in the text...

It is good they alerted Tyler's family and I don't mean his husband.

Six months after Tyler Goodrich’s disappearance, family asks farmers for help​

Friday marks six months since Tyler Goodrich went missing near Lincoln, and his family is making a new push in the search.

The Goodrich family is asking for a helping hand from farmers as they work in their fields.

It is hosting an event called Flyers to Farm on Saturday.

“We know more people in the rural areas are getting out in the fields,” said Goodrich’s sister Felicia Nichelson. “We really want to make sure that everyone has a heightened awareness to be watching for anything unusual or any clue that might bring us closer to finding Tyler.”

“It’s an overwhelmingly sad feeling to be at this point with little more information than we had on Nov. 3,” Nichelson said.

The flyer drive is taking place from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Southwest Fire and Rescue near West Pioneers Boulevard and West Burnham Street.

Six months after Tyler Goodrich’s disappearance, family asks farmers for help​

Friday marks six months since Tyler Goodrich went missing near Lincoln, and his family is making a new push in the search.

The Goodrich family is asking for a helping hand from farmers as they work in their fields.

It is hosting an event called Flyers to Farm on Saturday.

“We know more people in the rural areas are getting out in the fields,” said Goodrich’s sister Felicia Nichelson. “We really want to make sure that everyone has a heightened awareness to be watching for anything unusual or any clue that might bring us closer to finding Tyler.”

“It’s an overwhelmingly sad feeling to be at this point with little more information than we had on Nov. 3,” Nichelson said.

The flyer drive is taking place from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Southwest Fire and Rescue near West Pioneers Boulevard and West Burnham Street.
Good idea to make a public plea to farmers! I hope he is found soon.

Pretty clear reading between the lines and in the lines that Tyler's real family are not being helped by nor are with Tyler's hub and on the same page. That speaks volumes to me. Jmo.

?
It says his family? Wouldn’t that include his husband and kids? I might be missing some thing.
To me it has been pretty clear throughout it is his blood family making all the efforts and his hub is not with them reading between the lines in more than one case throughout. They aren't SAYING such (probably due to investigation) but several things show it imo and have throughout. They are not working "together". Hub is not helping his blood family. Again imo.

That's what I would think. It's just the sister that was named in that article because she was the one being interviewed. There is no word about any animosity going on between them. That speaks volumes to me.
Of course not, there is an investigation. See my above response. I can name other cases where the same goes on. Sebastian. His dad won't come out and say he suspects the stepdad but clearly they are NOT working together... Imo Tyler's family suspects the hub and that's just my guess. In Sebastian's case, bio dad suspects stepdad, just my guess. I think it is pretty obvious. However, maybe they just simply can't rule such out and aren't sure... Again jmo.

There are all sorts of hints of that here throughout. To me anyhow, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back