NE TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

1699932829249.png1699932642511.png 1699932667826.png

Missing Lincoln man has ‘gone off the grid’, sheriff’s office says​

After leaving his home in southwest Lincoln on Friday, there has been no sign of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office were initially called to the Yankee Hill neighborhood Friday at 7:45 p.m. for a verbal disagreement between Goodrich and his husband Marshall Vogel. However, upon arrival, Goodrich had already left, and since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area.

Vogel then called LSO at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing. Goodrich is 6′2, 180 pounds and was last seen wearing running shorts, a sweatshirt that zips, gray running shoes, and a Garmin watch, with his phone and wallet in hand.

“The reason we are so concerned is because he has gone off the grid,” said Chief Deputy Benjamin Houchin. “We do not have any information. His phone is not on and we know that he has not had any financials.”

LSO said the family has cooperated in the investigation and even organized a search party with some friends on Sunday. People close to Goodrich said his phone last pinged near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets. On Sunday, they searched that area for Goodrich, but didn’t find anything.

MEDIA - TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

Last edited:

Sheriff's office serves search warrant at Lancaster County home of missing man​

Investigators on Monday served a search warrant at the home of Tyler Goodrich after his family retained an attorney, setting off a back-and-forth between the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office and Goodrich's family that has played out publicly while few substantive updates have emerged about the investigation into the 35-year-old's disappearance, which was reported to law enforcement Saturday.

Deputies had searched the home multiple times before the search warrant was issued, Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said at a news conference Tuesday morning. He said the sheriff's office was prompted to obtain the search warrant after Goodrich's husband, Marshall Vogel, informed investigators that neither he or his children would be talking to investigators anymore.

Vogel told the sheriff's office that they had hired an attorney after a meeting at the Hall of Justice on Monday, according to Houchin.

Houchin also did not specify what investigators were looking for in the search of the family's home.

Vogel hired attorney Sanford Pollack after the third search of his home, according to a statement Pollack sent to the Journal Star and other media outlets Tuesday afternoon. In an interview with the Journal Star later Tuesday, Pollack said the sheriff's office had taken Vogel's phone and two children's phones, as well as his personal laptop and work laptop.

In a letter he sent Monday afternoon to the sheriff's office — which Houchin released publicly in response to Pollack's public statement — Pollack said he had instructed Vogel to "give no more statements to law enforcement." Pollack further requested that the sheriff's office not interview either of the children without his consent.

But Pollack claimed in his public statement that "I did not state that Mr. Vogel would not cooperate with the investigation."

"To say they're being overly cooperative would be a stretch on his part," Houchin said in response.

In an email to Pollack Monday evening, which Houchin also sent to media in an unusual public airing of the dispute, Investigator Jeremy Schwarz said that Vogel was not under arrest or a suspect in any crime, but that he would continue to pursue investigative leads that could include interviews with Vogel and his family.

Even so, Pollack said that law enforcement actions have led the family to believe Vogel is being treated as a person of interest.

In his letter to the sheriff's office, Pollack made reference to a female "accuser" but did not specify who that person was or their accusation. He asked investigators to preserve all communication with people they interview or who give them statements.

"Our No. 1 goal at the Sheriff’s Office is to locate Mr. Tyler Goodrich and I would hope that is everyone’s," Houchin said.

Goodrich's phone was last pinged at 7:41 p.m. Friday at his home and has not been active since, Houchin said.

Search for missing Lincoln man continues; authorities say his husband no longer cooperating with investigation​

Authorities are still searching for a missing Lincoln man and say his husband is no longer cooperating with the investigation.

Family and friends of Tyler Goodrich are desperate to find him.

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says husband of missing Lincoln man is not a suspect right now​

The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says a missing man's husband is not a suspect right now.

Tyler Goodrich has now been missing for five days, with his husband, Marshall Vogel, being the last person to see him.

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said Vogel's cooperation is the best thing going forward to trying to track down Goodrich.

"Mr. Vogel was the last person who saw Tyler prior to him going missing, and, being married to him, is the one person who would know him best. And that's the reason why we continue to need to talk to him. But again, he is not a suspect," Houchin said.

Two FBI agents assist with search for Tyler Goodrich​

It’s been nearly one week since Tyler Goodrich went missing, with crews out yet again on Friday. According to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office, two Federal Bureau of Investigation agents are also helping with the search.

LSO said that the two FBI agents are currently being used as additional manpower in the search.

A massive group of volunteers have been scouring Wilderness Park looking for any sign of the 35-year-old. He was last seen Friday night at his home not far from there, it’s also where his cellphone last pinged.

‘I want my son’: Tyler Goodrich’s family continues search; husband helping deputies​

The husband of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich – who went missing on Nov. 3 around 7:45 p.m. – is now cooperating with the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office.

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said Monday that Marshall Vogel came to the sheriff’s office and “cleared up some things” for investigators.

“He is considered a witness; he is not a person of interest,” Houchin said. “He is the last person that we know of that has seen Tyler.”

Last week, Vogel and his family had stopped helping the sheriff’s office, according to Houchin.

The night of Goodrich’s disappearance, deputies were sent to his home near Southwest 12th and West Burnham streets on a report of a disturbance. By the time they arrived, Goodrich had left.

The sheriff’s office confirmed Monday that it was Vogel who reported the disturbance.

Houchin said a video from Goodrich’s home shows him running south from his house. That was the last time and place that he was seen.

He said deputies didn’t find Goodrich’s phone and wallet while searching the home.

Search for Tyler Goodrich still a ‘missing person’s case’, not criminal​

The search for 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich continues as Lancaster County Chief Deputy Ben Houchin addressed the media Monday, emphasizing that the case remains a missing person’s investigation with no indication of criminal activity.

Houchin clarified that Marshall Vogel, Tyler’s husband, is considered a witness and not a person of interest. Marshall, who was the last person to see Tyler, came to the sheriff’s office Thursday and was “100% cooperative.”

“Nothing in this investigation shows that Marshall did anything to Tyler,” Houchin stated.

While Marshall’s insights provided some clarity, investigators have yet to uncover new leads in the case.

The most recent video of Tyler is from his home, capturing him running away on the evening of Nov. 3. Houchin said Tyler was upset at the time and has not been seen since.

Describing Tyler as an avid runner covering 5-7 miles daily, Houchin highlighted the possibility that Tyler could have covered a significant distance on foot. In an effort to gather more information, officials are urging people in southwest Lincoln/Lancaster County with home security cameras to review their footage from Nov. 3 at 7:41 p.m. to the evening of Nov. 4.

Houchin revealed that Tyler’s car remains in his garage, but his phone and wallet are not at home, suggesting he may have taken them with him.

View attachment 20671View attachment 20669 View attachment 20670

Missing Lincoln man has ‘gone off the grid’, sheriff’s office says​

After leaving his home in southwest Lincoln on Friday, there has been no sign of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office were initially called to the Yankee Hill neighborhood Friday at 7:45 p.m. for a verbal disagreement between Goodrich and his husband Marshall Vogel. However, upon arrival, Goodrich had already left, and since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area.

Vogel then called LSO at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing. Goodrich is 6′2, 180 pounds and was last seen wearing running shorts, a sweatshirt that zips, gray running shoes, and a Garmin watch, with his phone and wallet in hand.

“The reason we are so concerned is because he has gone off the grid,” said Chief Deputy Benjamin Houchin. “We do not have any information. His phone is not on and we know that he has not had any financials.”

LSO said the family has cooperated in the investigation and even organized a search party with some friends on Sunday. People close to Goodrich said his phone last pinged near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets. On Sunday, they searched that area for Goodrich, but didn’t find anything.
Not really sure what to make of this one but you call the sheriff's department over a VERBAL "disagreement"? Doesn't even say argument, just disagreement. Who does that? Is there a history of this or of domestics? Was the hub who called worried it would get physical? Did Tyler take off because the cops were called on him? This is what it all sounds like but isn't clear. Doesn't make much sense unless it is something like this.

I'd like to know the former record of such if so.

And so he was seen running, does that mean he never came back...?

Normal people don't call cops over a verbal disagreement unless more than that and/or an abuse history I'd say. Also has he ever left before for a day or so? That is a pretty quick reporting of him missing the next day...

Could be suicide. Who knows. There isn't enough here by a long shot to tell but apparently LE was/is looking at the hub AND wants to question the children AND took devices... Had to have enough for a warrant...

If he took his phone with him, can’t they track his pings?

I’m confused reading reports. Either his husband is cooperative or he isn’t? Or maybe he felt harassed. Sounds like the two of them haven’t been getting along or the family would have said they got along great, right? He didn’t run off with any kind of a weapon so I don’t think he harmed himself? These are just my speculations out loud for the moment.

Not really sure what to make of this one but you call the sheriff's department over a VERBAL "disagreement"? Doesn't even say argument, just disagreement. Who does that? Is there a history of this or of domestics? Was the hub who called worried it would get physical? Did Tyler take off because the cops were called on him? This is what it all sounds like but isn't clear. Doesn't make much sense unless it is something like this.

I'd like to know the former record of such if so.

And so he was seen running, does that mean he never came back...?

Normal people don't call cops over a verbal disagreement unless more than that and/or an abuse history I'd say. Also has he ever left before for a day or so? That is a pretty quick reporting of him missing the next day...

Could be suicide. Who knows. There isn't enough here by a long shot to tell but apparently LE was/is looking at the hub AND wants to question the children AND took devices... Had to have enough for a warrant...
We were posting at the same time, and I’m asking some of the same questions. I have a feeling this isn’t the first time they’ve had an argument where police were called. But that’s just speculation on my part.

Sheriff's office serves search warrant at Lancaster County home of missing man​

Investigators on Monday served a search warrant at the home of Tyler Goodrich after his family retained an attorney, setting off a back-and-forth between the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office and Goodrich's family that has played out publicly while few substantive updates have emerged about the investigation into the 35-year-old's disappearance, which was reported to law enforcement Saturday.

Deputies had searched the home multiple times before the search warrant was issued, Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said at a news conference Tuesday morning. He said the sheriff's office was prompted to obtain the search warrant after Goodrich's husband, Marshall Vogel, informed investigators that neither he or his children would be talking to investigators anymore.

Vogel told the sheriff's office that they had hired an attorney after a meeting at the Hall of Justice on Monday, according to Houchin.

Houchin also did not specify what investigators were looking for in the search of the family's home.

Vogel hired attorney Sanford Pollack after the third search of his home, according to a statement Pollack sent to the Journal Star and other media outlets Tuesday afternoon. In an interview with the Journal Star later Tuesday, Pollack said the sheriff's office had taken Vogel's phone and two children's phones, as well as his personal laptop and work laptop.

In a letter he sent Monday afternoon to the sheriff's office — which Houchin released publicly in response to Pollack's public statement — Pollack said he had instructed Vogel to "give no more statements to law enforcement." Pollack further requested that the sheriff's office not interview either of the children without his consent.

But Pollack claimed in his public statement that "I did not state that Mr. Vogel would not cooperate with the investigation."

"To say they're being overly cooperative would be a stretch on his part," Houchin said in response.

In an email to Pollack Monday evening, which Houchin also sent to media in an unusual public airing of the dispute, Investigator Jeremy Schwarz said that Vogel was not under arrest or a suspect in any crime, but that he would continue to pursue investigative leads that could include interviews with Vogel and his family.

Even so, Pollack said that law enforcement actions have led the family to believe Vogel is being treated as a person of interest.

In his letter to the sheriff's office, Pollack made reference to a female "accuser" but did not specify who that person was or their accusation. He asked investigators to preserve all communication with people they interview or who give them statements.

"Our No. 1 goal at the Sheriff’s Office is to locate Mr. Tyler Goodrich and I would hope that is everyone’s," Houchin said.

Goodrich's phone was last pinged at 7:41 p.m. Friday at his home and has not been active since, Houchin said.
I really hate it when they claim the person is "no longer" cooperating...as in they WERE cooperating until something made them decide to retain an attorney. They were allowed to search multiple times without a warrant. I get it. Get an attorney. They can still ask you any questions they might have. IF they do not want to ask you any questions just because you have an attorney, they really don't want the info. There is no excuse for them to say you are not cooperating when you obviously were for quite a while.

Search for missing Lincoln man continues; authorities say his husband no longer cooperating with investigation​

Authorities are still searching for a missing Lincoln man and say his husband is no longer cooperating with the investigation.

Family and friends of Tyler Goodrich are desperate to find him.

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says husband of missing Lincoln man is not a suspect right now​

The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says a missing man's husband is not a suspect right now.

Tyler Goodrich has now been missing for five days, with his husband, Marshall Vogel, being the last person to see him.

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said Vogel's cooperation is the best thing going forward to trying to track down Goodrich.

"Mr. Vogel was the last person who saw Tyler prior to him going missing, and, being married to him, is the one person who would know him best. And that's the reason why we continue to need to talk to him. But again, he is not a suspect," Houchin said.
And again, if he's not a suspect, there is nothing valid they can't still ask him just because he has retained an attorney. Ask through the attorney, even. Evidently he found a reason why he felt he needed one after not feeling that for quite some time.

We were posting at the same time, and I’m asking some of the same questions. I have a feeling this isn’t the first time they’ve had an argument where police were called. But that’s just speculation on my part.
I'd say the same. It is more than confusing but I am going to guess there is a history. And then one thing made it sound like his phone last pinged somewhere away from the home and another said last activity ping was in the home. If they then did not add that he was seen on video running away from the home, I'd have said I don't believe the last sighting of him but apparently there is video. But DID he come home later...

And yeah to your other post, no mention of a weapon. Hub said he left with phone and wallet, couldn't be too surprising or abrupt if he knew that although I guess e could detemine it if those things were missing... I see no reason he would ditch or shut off his own phone AND have no financial activity. If he was just upset. Unless he thought he was in trouble for some crime or something and apparently there's no reason he'd think that so it is FISHY.

It sounded as if he let them search a few times then stopped them and they had to get a warrant. I can only guess those agreed on searches had limits put on by hub or they found something that allowed for a warrant and more like seizure of phone etc.

On the flip side, it is hard to believe foul play if there is video of the guy running off on his own UNLESS he came back home... But no word of that.

Weird.

And yet he IS missing with no phone or bank card activity. Something else this tells us is the hub has access to these accounts or they are under his name because you can't easily get warrants for this info on a missing adult. I guess it is POSSIBLE since he knows hub can track him that he purposely has another phone or cash and is intentionally not using the joint ones so hub can't find him...

Search for Tyler Goodrich still a ‘missing person’s case’, not criminal​

The search for 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich continues as Lancaster County Chief Deputy Ben Houchin addressed the media Monday, emphasizing that the case remains a missing person’s investigation with no indication of criminal activity.

Houchin clarified that Marshall Vogel, Tyler’s husband, is considered a witness and not a person of interest. Marshall, who was the last person to see Tyler, came to the sheriff’s office Thursday and was “100% cooperative.”

“Nothing in this investigation shows that Marshall did anything to Tyler,” Houchin stated.

While Marshall’s insights provided some clarity, investigators have yet to uncover new leads in the case.

The most recent video of Tyler is from his home, capturing him running away on the evening of Nov. 3. Houchin said Tyler was upset at the time and has not been seen since.

Describing Tyler as an avid runner covering 5-7 miles daily, Houchin highlighted the possibility that Tyler could have covered a significant distance on foot. In an effort to gather more information, officials are urging people in southwest Lincoln/Lancaster County with home security cameras to review their footage from Nov. 3 at 7:41 p.m. to the evening of Nov. 4.

Houchin revealed that Tyler’s car remains in his garage, but his phone and wallet are not at home, suggesting he may have taken them with him.
And there we have it. No reason why this guy shouldn't have retained an attorney with this line right here by the sheriff. So quit stating he his not cooperating and retained an attorney, and then in nearly the same breath say this:

If he took his phone with him, can’t they track his pings?

I’m confused reading reports. Either his husband is cooperative or he isn’t? Or maybe he felt harassed. Sounds like the two of them haven’t been getting along or the family would have said they got along great, right? He didn’t run off with any kind of a weapon so I don’t think he harmed himself? These are just my speculations out loud for the moment.
per the sheriff himself

I really hate it when they claim the person is "no longer" cooperating...as in they WERE cooperating until something made them decide to retain an attorney. They were allowed to search multiple times without a warrant. I get it. Get an attorney. They can still ask you any questions they might have. IF they do not want to ask you any questions just because you have an attorney, they really don't want the info. There is no excuse for them to say you are not cooperating when you obviously were for quite a while.
I agree with you generally but unless totally crooked, they need cause for a warrant and I am guessing there were things or places he did not allow access to and something that triggered it all like evidence, caught in lies, something. This is Lincoln so not some podunk small town department...

Again I agree generally IF that is what is going on here and what happened but I am not so sure it is or that he was fully cooperating and letting them search...

Do we know WHO called police? As in one of them or a neighbor, possibly?

And there we have it. No reason why this guy shouldn't have retained an attorney with this line right here by the sheriff. So quit stating he his not cooperating and retained an attorney, and then in nearly the same breath say this:

I guess we will see. Yeah NOW he was 100% cooperative.

No time here but what are NE's court records like? Anyone know? Online accessible because a guess is there is some sort of history here. Of course if charges were dropped or never followed through, nothing may show.

I'd also wonder why so quickly reported missing. While in a good relationship there is reason, in a bad one this is unusual because there have probably been occasions where one didn't come home for a day or two, I mean they'd just had a "verbal disagreement" with cops called hours before...

Actually I may have that wrong. Headed back to try to find it and not seeing it. Checking other article now.

Phone last pinged at home is weird if he took off running and upset. Took the time to shut it off I guess... In his upset.

Also a bit weird comment that correctional department staff so they searched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back