NE TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

1699932829249.png1699932642511.png 1699932667826.png

Missing Lincoln man has ‘gone off the grid’, sheriff’s office says​

After leaving his home in southwest Lincoln on Friday, there has been no sign of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office were initially called to the Yankee Hill neighborhood Friday at 7:45 p.m. for a verbal disagreement between Goodrich and his husband Marshall Vogel. However, upon arrival, Goodrich had already left, and since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area.

Vogel then called LSO at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing. Goodrich is 6′2, 180 pounds and was last seen wearing running shorts, a sweatshirt that zips, gray running shoes, and a Garmin watch, with his phone and wallet in hand.

“The reason we are so concerned is because he has gone off the grid,” said Chief Deputy Benjamin Houchin. “We do not have any information. His phone is not on and we know that he has not had any financials.”

LSO said the family has cooperated in the investigation and even organized a search party with some friends on Sunday. People close to Goodrich said his phone last pinged near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets. On Sunday, they searched that area for Goodrich, but didn’t find anything.

MEDIA - TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

Last edited:
Nancy Grace is good about getting cases in the news because a lot of people watch her, but yeah, she’s gotten facts wrong and I don’t think that’s good for cases, either. She probably relies on her staff and she needs to get them to ship up or shape out.
She could tone down her know it all attitude when she often knows less about a case than her guests and she could quit the rude interrupting. I don't hate her but am not the biggest fan either.

Yeah I'm not a fan. Back in the day when i first came across her I was but over the decades/years since, she turned me off totally. It started for me with the Holloway case. I try not to judge and did think these past few years she has learned her lesson (took forever) and others were in support of her so gave her a chance or two and haven't said much but just her dramatics as you say, the rude interrupting and not listening to others or her own guests and just the annoying loud noise of her and and watching her and the irritation it brings... And headache...

She sure had things wrong in this one.
I didn't like her in the beginning. The good old days of "CourtTV" BEFORE THEY F'ED IT UP! But then I really started to like her. FIESTY!!!
I haven't watched her new show "Crime Feed" Yet.

I think I have the same outlook on her as you have. Good and bad. I think at the root of everything, she’s a good person.
Probably so but maybe a bit out of touch win normal folk or understanding how she can come across. But the latter part is probably true of most of us, self included. But then we are not talking to the masses and getting the feedback she's had plenty of I'm sure through the years and not all good.

Like I said I don't hate here and I do feel at times she has dialed down a BIT or tried to but then back that comes rudely interrupting, taking over when she asked the guest to be there, etc.

She likely is a good person at heart, just a bit whatever and I'm putting that nicely.

I got to where I was done with EVER watching her some years ago, now I will on occasion but I still see on occasion what I could not stand rear up on occasion.

That's her personality. That's the reason some people like her.
I don't know. As I said I don't hate her but there was a time I came close for quite awhile. My mom absolutely cannot stand her.

I don't know that I believe it is all her personality and not put on oveboard ad her schtick. if it is just her personality, she is still quite rude and rudeness can be helped. I mean I'd hope she isn't that way with her children and if she's not, then it can be helped.

Last I knew I thought she was ousted and shew as trying to compete in the YT game on her own but not doing that great at it.

Again I don't really care, love nor hate.

I do think families are probably not very happy when she gets the facts wrong on a missing person case they need desperately to be found, etc though. She's no young novice, and it's a pretty big deal imo.

I don't know. As I said I don't hate her but there was a time I came close for quite awhile. My mom absolutely cannot stand her.

I don't know that I believe it is all her personality and not put on oveboard ad her schtick. if it is just her personality, she is still quite rude and rudeness can be helped. I mean I'd hope she isn't that way with her children and if she's not, then it can be helped.

Last I knew I thought she was ousted and shew as trying to compete in the YT game on her own but not doing that great at it.

I do think families are probably not very happy when she gets the facts wrong on a missing person case they need desperately to be found, etc though. She's no young novice, and it's a pretty big deal imo.
I respect your opinion. My mom actually liked her. I think maybe because she was use to someone with a strong personality and fiesty. I'm trying to think who it is. 🤔 Hmm. OHHH YEAHH HA HA!!

I don't know anything about the YouTube venture. I do someone else. :LOL:

I

It would be REALLLY UGLY if we got into an argument.
nat geo fighting GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

LSO seeks author of handwritten letter regarding Tyler Goodrich case, still no new leads​

A handwritten letter submitted to Lincoln Crime Stoppers has injected new energy into the search for Tyler Goodrich.

Lancaster County Captain John Vik said the anonymous letter, without a return address, was received by Crime Stoppers during the holiday season.

The letter contained information about Goodrich, but Capt. Vik did not share specifics, noting that it didn’t provide them with any additional information.

Vik said the reason this letter stands out is because it’s handwritten, unlike the online or phone tips they typically receive. The latter methods allow authorities to reach out to those who submitted the tips to ask additional questions or clarify information.

Goodrich’s case remains an active missing person’s investigation, with authorities continuing to follow up on tips and leads.

In an interview with 10/11′s Bill Rentschler on Wednesday, Capt. Vik said he wished they had more information to share that could provide closure to Tyler’s friends and family.

LSO said they’ve tried other avenues to contact the author but are now asking the person to step forward, so they can discuss what was written. LSO reassures the author they can remain anonymous.

Authorities have received numerous tips but have very few leads. They do not suspect criminal activity to be a contributing factor.

LSO seeks author of handwritten letter regarding Tyler Goodrich case, still no new leads​

A handwritten letter submitted to Lincoln Crime Stoppers has injected new energy into the search for Tyler Goodrich.

Lancaster County Captain John Vik said the anonymous letter, without a return address, was received by Crime Stoppers during the holiday season.

The letter contained information about Goodrich, but Capt. Vik did not share specifics, noting that it didn’t provide them with any additional information.

Vik said the reason this letter stands out is because it’s handwritten, unlike the online or phone tips they typically receive. The latter methods allow authorities to reach out to those who submitted the tips to ask additional questions or clarify information.

Goodrich’s case remains an active missing person’s investigation, with authorities continuing to follow up on tips and leads.

In an interview with 10/11′s Bill Rentschler on Wednesday, Capt. Vik said he wished they had more information to share that could provide closure to Tyler’s friends and family.

LSO said they’ve tried other avenues to contact the author but are now asking the person to step forward, so they can discuss what was written. LSO reassures the author they can remain anonymous.

Authorities have received numerous tips but have very few leads. They do not suspect criminal activity to be a contributing factor.
Hmm. Well I can only think of a couple of reasons you'd need to be anonymous. One of course is you did something and you are trying to send the investigation in another way and the second is that you think someone else did something but are to scared or don't want to rock a boat or relationship by saying so publicly and have it know it came from you. Of course a third possibility is it is just some nobody who knows nothing like someone that calls a tip line with no real tip, just opinion from a stranger BUT they wouldn't be looking for the author then imo, they'd just dismiss it as junk.

Maybe it is just semantics I am stuck on here but LE says they do not suspect criminal "activity" to be a "contributing" factor. I just find that statement odd. Generally it is said they don't suspect foul play. "Criminal activity" seems to imply they don't think it was a drug thing a gang, the mob, sex trafficking. "Activity". Probably nothing but just pointing it out...

I guess a fourth possibility is Tyler himself or someone he is with wrote it but that too seems unlikely.

If the letter is important, then I'd say more is going on here even if they claim no "criminal activity". If it's not important then making it news and looking for the source seems odd. And would seem to indicate there IS MORE going on here.

By John Grinvalds
Published: Feb. 2, 2024 at 11:32 PM EST|
Updated: 9 hours ago

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Saturday will mark three months since Tyler Goodrich went missing, and as the investigation continues without much to go on, his family is wading through the grief and lack of closure.

Through sleepless nights and afternoons full of storming emotions, Tyler’s loved ones have spent the last 90 days trying to process the questions of how, why and where to go from here?

Tyler’s family and friends said he has worn many hats, has filled many rooms. His husband, Marshall Vogel, spoke about the first time they met.

“I remember walking by on my way to the patio, and we just made eye contact,” Vogel said. “It just made me smile. It was, with everything that has happened within the last three months, it was a happier time.”

Tyler was last seen Nov. 3, running out of the southwest Lincoln home he and Vogel share after a fight between the two.

“Tyler and I were at a tough, tough spot in our marriage,” Vogel said. “We had talked about that maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever, but it was supposed to be long enough to give our kids an amazing home.”

First came a burst of frustration and dogged searching, until missing posters covered every corner of Lincoln.

“Ever since then, it’s been, you can’t drive down the road without looking in the ditches,” said Lonnie Goodrich, Tyler Goodrich’s father. “Any road. It doesn’t matter.”

A tough, tough spot. New to me is now it was though to be long enough to give the kids an amazing home and I take that to mean staying together until the kids were on their own so there was no imminent ending of it coming to upset Tyler if that's true.

I'm waiting for anything more from LE that proves he even left the area. More video, use of credit cards, phone pings, ANYTHING.

Yeah, I'll wait and see to see if there no "criminal activity" (foul play) is true. How can they say that anyhow? How do they know if he either encountered SOMEONE or if he suicided or had an accident? I see absolutely no possible way they can know this so I'm not buying that statement. It's irresponsible imo to say that since it can't be known.

Tyler Goodrich’s husband says lack of leads has been ‘disheartening’​

As the search for Tyler Goodrich stretches into its third month, his husband discussed where the investigation stands.

Marshall Vogel said Friday that after all this time, each day still feels like a bad dream that you can’t wake up from.

An anonymous letter was recently sent to the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office.

Vogel said the lead investigator on the case told him about it in one of their weekly updates.

“Those weekly calls get harder and harder because the tips slow down. You just want answers; you want to know what happened. And it’s disheartening when there’s no update.”

Vogel said he constantly worries about doing everything he can to get his and Tyler’s two teenage boys through this.

He said before people make comments online, they should realize how much love the two had for each other.

“Just because our relationship was ending never meant that Tyler wasn’t going to be a part of my life forever,” Vogel said.

The speculation online concerns him, especially after he read comments from strangers saying they would go to his house and follow him.

“When I read that, I was terrified because the boys were driving my car to school that day,” Vogel said.

He had to discuss safety precautions with them with all of the attention this case has garnered.

After Vogel saw a social media theory about one of their sons, he hit a breaking point.

“When we adopted the boys, one of the promises I made to myself was to be the best dad I could for them,” he said. “And to see them have to go through this, it’s a failure to me.”

As the searches continue, Vogel wants people to center their efforts on what’s really important.

“The ultimate goal, and the only thing that we need to focus on, is bringing Tyler home,” he said.

I still don't like the call to LE that night over what is claimed to be a verbal "disagreeent". It doesn't sit right and it makes little sense that that's all it was.

In no way is this man clear with me.

Also why wouldn't he drive the boys to school if so worried they are in danger?? Didn't want to place himself in danger? He said he was terrified and so a parent would go with no?

I'm waiting for a single other camera image to be found from anywhere in that CITY or in that neighborhood.

There's nothing here to convict but there sure the heck is nothing to clear eiher.

Sorry if it is an unpopular stance but wouldn't be the first time for me. Lol.

Anonymous letter in Tyler Goodrich case came from woman who had ‘vision’​

The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office on Monday detailed the contents of an anonymous letter regarding the Tyler Goodrich case.

At the end of last year, the sheriff’s office received a handwritten letter, with no return address, related to the case. Investigators were initially unable to find the writer.

But Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said the agency found and spoke with the woman who penned the letter.

“The letter was specific, but it was from a vision that she had,” he said. “She did not have any proof of the vision to help us locate Tyler Goodrich.”

The woman’s vision was of Goodrich being hit by a drunk driver while running, according to Houchin.

“We have nothing to show that her vision is correct,” Houchin said. “She could not point us to any location specific to do any kind of investigating.”

Too tired to find the eyeroll which has been long gotten rid of... So some psychic and apparently they now have to disclose a a tip and it makes news whether a solid basis or not. They likely had no choice. I can feel sorry for LE and the courts with the BS required these days. Smdh.

15 hours ago
Veronica Barreto

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — It’s been 3½ months since Tyler Goodrich disappeared, and his family wants to thank the community for its support.

The Goodriches, together with The Chocolate Season, will host an event this weekend called For the Love of Tyler.

They will offer $1 off a waffle, one of Tyler’s favorite foods, as well as $1 off any drink.
“It’s a thank-you from the family to all the support people have given us,” said Lonnie Goodrich, Tyler’s father. “It’s impossible to reach out to everybody, but this is one way we can connect with some of the people.”

The owner of The Chocolate Season said Tyler was not only a costumer, but also a friend.

“He would sometimes run the trails out here,” Erika Jensen said. “He’ll come in for waffles, he’ll come here with his family. We loved seeing him here, and he was just an avid online supporter of our store.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back