NE TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

1699932829249.png1699932642511.png 1699932667826.png

Missing Lincoln man has ‘gone off the grid’, sheriff’s office says​

After leaving his home in southwest Lincoln on Friday, there has been no sign of 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich.

Deputies from the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office were initially called to the Yankee Hill neighborhood Friday at 7:45 p.m. for a verbal disagreement between Goodrich and his husband Marshall Vogel. However, upon arrival, Goodrich had already left, and since no criminal activity was found, LSO left the area.

Vogel then called LSO at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing. Goodrich is 6′2, 180 pounds and was last seen wearing running shorts, a sweatshirt that zips, gray running shoes, and a Garmin watch, with his phone and wallet in hand.

“The reason we are so concerned is because he has gone off the grid,” said Chief Deputy Benjamin Houchin. “We do not have any information. His phone is not on and we know that he has not had any financials.”

LSO said the family has cooperated in the investigation and even organized a search party with some friends on Sunday. People close to Goodrich said his phone last pinged near Southwest 10th and West Van Dorn streets. On Sunday, they searched that area for Goodrich, but didn’t find anything.

MEDIA - TYLER GOODRICH: Missing from Lincoln, NE - 3 Nov 2023 - Age 35

Last edited:
One of mine as a teen was....let's just say... a LOT of drama. Day in and day out. Good kid, in general, but wow, lots and lots of unnecessary drama. I can totally understand the desire and need to just go for a walk, in my case, to just clear my head and keep from making a stupid decision out of frustration.
Same here. And that's in a long term from birth family and it is still very difficult.

The fact that Tyler didn’t come home over the holiday leaves me very saddened.
Yeah I'd say if he were voluntarily missing, he'd be there since he is a parent and kids do not need to be wondering where dad is, especially on a holiday. Clearly he isn't working, using his phone or his card or they'd likely have found him. I again ask why he took them then...Allegedly took them. I'd also think by now they'd have found more sightings, video or in person, friends, etc. It is 21 days today, now it is THREE weeks and not two.No car, no clothes, no toothbrush...

Who is Tyler Goodrich? Family, friends chronicle missing Lincoln man's life​

With the help of friends and family, Tyler Goodrich's name and face has become known all over Lincoln.

Strangers set up search parties, family and friends hosted a vigil. His face smiles from billboards, flyers and lawn signs in an attempt to try and find a man that most of the 13,000 members of the Let’s Find Tyler Goodrich Facebook group have never met.

Since he was reported missing on Nov. 4, immense concern and attention has been placed on finding the 35-year-old. Some may be able to recite details about Goodrich, like his birthday being April 2, 1988, or that he was 6-foot-1-inches tall and weighed 185 pounds, as a flyer about his disappearance states.

He was last seen around 7:40 p.m. on Nov. 3 at his home on the 1000 block of West Burnham Street by his husband, Marshall Vogel, after a domestic disturbance between the two. The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office investigated the incident and found no crime had occurred.

His friends and family want others to know about the thoughtful boy who became a caring adult. He is the loving father to two children whom he adopted with his husband. He's athletic, confident and challenged himself regularly.

“He always had short red hair and freckles,” Lonnie Goodrich said about his son as a younger boy. “And back then, he was a little bit more chubby.”

One Friday when he was in elementary school, Tyler came home and asked his father if they could bake cookies for the cooks, who made them for students every day. “It's time we make cookies for (them),” a young Tyler Goodrich told his father.

“That's who he is, and that never changed,” Lonnie Goodrich said this past week in an interview with the Journal Star.

Tyler Goodrich has three sisters and one brother. Three of his siblings come from another marriage after his mother and father divorced. But the family doesn't use the word "step" to describe their relationships.

More at link.

8 hours ago
McKenzie Johnson

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – The search for Tyler Goodrich has gone national 42 days after the Lincoln man went missing.

It’s a missing person case that’s captured the attention of thousands.

Though Goodrich vanished from his home in Lancaster County, people from all over the state have become invested in finding him.

“It’s hard to not know Tyler because his face is everywhere,” said his lifelong friend, Rachel Barth.

Yard signs, billboards and posters in drive-thrus and local businesses are all asking for help in finding a loved one.

And now, there’s been a big break in the push to spread the word even further.

A national true crime program came to town to interview Goodrich’s father and Barth.

“Somebody out there knows something, and we just need that one little clue to break this case open,” she said. “Even today, Tyler’s dad told me that he had people reaching out from San Francisco, Colorado, down in Texas.”

Barth started campaign asking people to email national investigative news teams to get word out to more people.

“It just puts more eyes on the case; it puts more attention, more pressure,” Barth said. “I think the biggest thing is just bringing closure to the family.”

The hope is that with more people aware, it could lead to increased tips or encouraging someone to come forward with information.

She said this is a last-ditch resort.

In Lincoln, searches have dwindled.

“We just don’t know where to look,” Barth said. “I feel like we’ve looked in a lot of the obvious places, and people are just not sure how to help.”

The lack of solid leads has been tough on those who are searching.

“At this point, I think frustration is starting to settle in, not only for local authorities, but family and friends,” she said. “I think we’re all just frustrated because the case has really just gone cold.”

Authorities are not investigating Goodrich’s disappearance as a criminal case.

But Barth said her and several others think a crime was committed.

“There just is no evidence to back that up,” she said.

9 hours ago
McKenzie Johnson

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Tyler Goodrich’s husband spoke out for the first time Wednesday on the missing person case that has captivated the Capital City for nearly 50 days.

Law enforcement has had no solid leads since Goodrich disappeared from his home the night of Nov. 3.

Thousands have speculated on what could have happened to him.

His husband of six years, Marshall Vogel, said on that Friday night, Goodrich picked up a pizza.

They were having a movie night with their kids.

“And then the rest of the night happened,” Vogel said. “We got into an argument, and I ended up calling 911, and Tyler left out of the garage.”

Four days after Goodrich went missing, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said Vogel was no longer cooperating in the investigation.

But a couple of days after that, authorities backtracked.

Vogel said the situation was surprising to him.

“We let them search the house,” he said. “I told them that it was an open door, they can come anytime they want.”

Vogel said law enforcement searched the property multiple times and served a search warrant.

“I do understand that the spouse is the first suspect, and so I do understand them putting that pressure,” he said. “But I’m really glad that we have moved past that.”

The couple adopted two teenage boys together.

Vogel said it’s been tough to see the speculations running rampant.

“Seeing my family be hurt by some of the stuff online, it’s been terrible,” he said.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More at link. ~Summer

9 hours ago
McKenzie Johnson

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Tyler Goodrich’s husband spoke out for the first time Wednesday on the missing person case that has captivated the Capital City for nearly 50 days.

Law enforcement has had no solid leads since Goodrich disappeared from his home the night of Nov. 3.

Thousands have speculated on what could have happened to him.

His husband of six years, Marshall Vogel, said on that Friday night, Goodrich picked up a pizza.

They were having a movie night with their kids.

“And then the rest of the night happened,” Vogel said. “We got into an argument, and I ended up calling 911, and Tyler left out of the garage.”

Four days after Goodrich went missing, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said Vogel was no longer cooperating in the investigation.

But a couple of days after that, authorities backtracked.

Vogel said the situation was surprising to him.

“We let them search the house,” he said. “I told them that it was an open door, they can come anytime they want.”

Vogel said law enforcement searched the property multiple times and served a search warrant.

“I do understand that the spouse is the first suspect, and so I do understand them putting that pressure,” he said. “But I’m really glad that we have moved past that.”

The couple adopted two teenage boys together.

Vogel said it’s been tough to see the speculations running rampant.

“Seeing my family be hurt by some of the stuff online, it’s been terrible,” he said.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More at link. ~Summer
It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Most people do not call 911 ever in daily life for no good reason. They got into an argument who knows about what or how bad. Cops came and he was gone and cops left and took the word of one. Nothing more until the next day and no proof Tyler left the area of the home IF that is even him on video. Sure it is unfortunate the speculation BUT these are the facts known and 911 was called. You don't call 911 because you are a bit miffed someone forgot mushrooms on the pizza. This is real reason to wonder.

Newly adopted teen boys. Okay he allegedly gave them an open door policy well so what? He limited the teens from talking if I recall and while that video seems to be Tyler, I don't know that that is officially confirmed.

Of course there are questions and the spouse is looked at. That's the situation he is in.

I'm not convinced of a thing but I am leaning slightly/ a fair way 60/40, 65/35.

Again you don't call 911 for no reason at least others don't. That alone is a huge red flag.

If he wants him found then he needs to deal and be open and let the kids talk WITH a lawyer even.

But I'm not buying it all at this point.

If I were in his shoes I'd allow all if you want answers.

I also don't think LE said he limited things or quit cooperating for no reason.

If Tyler is out there intentionally doing this to his hub and kids then he needs to be found and charged. I don't however think he is. Yes I lean.

LE probably backed off due to pressure and strategy.

We know they do not share all but there is NO evidence by camera or otherwise Tyler ever left their yard or neighborhood. Assuming that is him on camera.

Just a verbal argument and you call 911. Uh huh.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is. Most people do not call 911 ever in daily life for no good reason. They got into an argument who knows about what or how bad. Cops came and he was gone and cops left and took the word of one. Nothing more until the next day and no proof Tyler left the area of the home IF that is even him on video. Sure it is unfortunate the speculation BUT these are the facts known and 911 was called. You don't call 911 because you are a bit miffed someone forgot mushrooms on the pizza. This is real reason to wonder.

Newly adopted teen boys. Okay he allegedly gave them an open door policy well so what? He limited the teens from talking if I recall and while that video seems to be Tyler, I don't know that that is officially confirmed.

Of course there are questions and the spouse is looked at. That's the situation he is in.

I'm not convinced of a thing but I am leaning slightly/ a fair way 60/40, 65/35.

Again you don't call 911 for no reason at least others don't. That alone is a huge red flag.

If he wants him found then he needs to deal and be open and let the kids talk WITH a lawyer even.

But I'm not buying it all at this point.

If I were in his shoes I'd allow all if you want answers.

I also don't think LE said he limited things or quit cooperating for no reason.

If Tyler is out there intentionally doing this to his hub and kids then he needs to be found and charged. I don't however think he is. Yes I lean.

LE probably backed off due to pressure and strategy.

We know they do not share all but there is NO evidence by camera or otherwise Tyler ever left their yard or neighborhood. Assuming that is him on camera.

Just a verbal argument and you call 911. Uh huh.
There are some things he doesn't tell imo, it doesn't make alot of sense like this🫤

'We need a break in the case': Tyler Goodrich siblings speak out as investigators hit standstill​

A Lancaster County Sheriff's Office sergeant said Thursday the search for Tyler Goodrich has hit a standstill. The deputy said officials have not come up with any new information for weeks after receiving dozens of tips.

The missing man's family — siblings Jennie, Angie, Jordan, and Felicia — met at a park near their parent's home outside Lincoln, where they normally spend the holidays.

"There's a huge hole this Christmas," Angie said.

"(He would) bring 10 pounds of meat and cheese," Jordan said. "(Tyler) always had the most food all around. A good family man."

"It's been hard," Jennie said. "It's been exhausting."

The four will feel the absence of the middle sibling after hundreds of friends and loved ones searched after the Nov. 3 disappearance.

Deputies believe a video shows Tyler's last sighting outside his driveway just before 8 p.m. Officials say his conversation with his husband led to a 911 call, and he was then reported missing by his spouse.

"We've never said he had anything to do with it," chief deputy Ben Houchin said.

The family says it is hard to stay hopeful this holiday season.

"Somebody knows something," Felicia said. "We need a break in the case so that we can bring Tyler home."

An avid runner, Goodrich was supposed to run in the Good Life Halfsy Marathon, according to a new story from "Dateline" published Wednesday.

"That gives a little national attention to Tyler and his story," Felicia said.

The siblings say Tyler has had no activity on bank accounts or social media. Hoping to shed some light, the Goodrich siblings hope for clarity.

"As much as we don't want to think about the sadness, we're going to be telling stories that remind us of the happy times," Angie said. "How much he made all of us feel loved, how much he loved our children."

There's simply no possible way / time frame for Tyler's husband to have harmed him.

IMO - Their relationship was on the rocks (this is confirmed below). The conversation was recorded because it was getting heated in some way. Maybe his husband wanted to use it in future divorce or custody hearings, maybe he just wanted to replay the conversation for himself or Tyler later. But something was said to push Tyler over the edge (the "not supposed to be forever" thing specifically) and he threatened self-harm / leaving and not coming back.

• Argument was recorded on cell phone. Recording stopped when call was made to 911. Times line up with what was said to have happened.
  • 7:40 pm - Tyler left residence through garage door. Observed on camera. LE is as certain as they can be that the person seen on video is Tyer.
  • 7:41 pm - Tyler's phone shuts off
“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

Marshall said he and Tyler wound up getting into an argument. “I ended up calling 911,” he said. “When I was on the phone with 911, Tyler left out of the garage.”

He hasn’t been seen since.

Investigator Schwarz told Dateline that they have a recording that Marshall had taken of the argument that night. “It’s an audio recording of an argument, or I would more describe it as a conversation between Tyler and Marshall,” Schwarz said. That audio has not been publicly released.

There's simply no possible way / time frame for Tyler's husband to have harmed him.

IMO - Their relationship was on the rocks (this is confirmed below). The conversation was recorded because it was getting heated in some way. Maybe his husband wanted to use it in future divorce or custody hearings, maybe he just wanted to replay the conversation for himself or Tyler later. But something was said to push Tyler over the edge (the "not supposed to be forever" thing specifically) and he threatened self-harm / leaving and not coming back.

• Argument was recorded on cell phone. Recording stopped when call was made to 911. Times line up with what was said to have happened.
  • 7:40 pm - Tyler left residence through garage door. Observed on camera. LE is as certain as they can be that the person seen on video is Tyer.
“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

Marshall said he and Tyler wound up getting into an argument. “I ended up calling 911,” he said. “When I was on the phone with 911, Tyler left out of the garage.”

Investigator Schwarz told Dateline that they have a recording that Marshall had taken of the argument that night. “It’s an audio recording of an argument, or I would more describe it as a conversation between Tyler and Marshall,” Schwarz said. That audio has not been publicly released.
I don't know, I think he may have returned to the home once LE left. He has never used a credit card or anything else. And why has he not been caught on video anywhere else that night? Surely he'd have run past other cameras in the neighborhood?

And I can't help but wonder about his refusal at a point to cooperate with LE. I know and have heard the possible reasons for it but it still makes me wonder. The kids are teens,l let them clear up any questions.

I don't see anything that proves one theory over another. I mean suicde is possible. So is holing up somewhere with someone. So is foul play.

They say they are at a dead end (LE) and so for me that likely means the found no further neighborhood video or anything else to lead anywhere most likely. They also are only as certain that they can be that that video is him and that too leads me to believe there were no other sightings and as no other video.

And calling 911 to begin with if not a serious fight is odd. The detective said the argument was recorded but then said it was more of a conversation so again why are you calling 911? All I can think of is he was trying to get him in trouble and I don't imagine a corrections officer would want that so he left so LE could not find him. Interesting to find out there is a barn to the back of the property. I just read the article before this remark, I haven't watched the podcast.

Cops also say they checked neighbor's and area cameras and nothing

His friend says and family seem to feel the same that someone needs to confess.

So only one child was home at the time.

He wasn't reported missing until the next day. Family and friends seem to have no consideration of suicide and from all they say he doesn't seem the type.

As for the remark about the marriage maybe not being forever, in the article it does not say which one said that

Tyler had a job, I wonder what the husband did. Was he a stay at home dad? I wonder if there was money incoming due to the adoption. There is such these days in many instances.

The father Lonnie talks of him and the kids and how good that way he was, etc.

Family and friends say nothing about his husband. In fact I'd say they avoid it. No references to a good marriage, about them both being good dads, nothing.

I wasn't sure of anything but this article actually leans me more that way. He might have been a runner but it doesn't appear he ran down the street, not another sighting of him by cam or people. He may well have run to the barn. He didn't go take his vehicle. His turning his phone off immediately when he was a constant phone and tech user per his dad to me was so cops couldn't find him when they arrived that night.

Yeah I'd say the hub may have been documenting for divorce purposes. I'd say there was no way Tyler wouldn't have fought for custody and the hub's only income may well have been Tyler and/or if he ended up with the kids either through the payments if they get them OR child support.

I even wonder if he picked an argument to document because again calling 911 over a "conversation" per LE, makes NO SENSE.

I'd finish with he has the kids now. Free and clear or so it appears.

There's a bit too much for me to ignore now.

I don't think he ran off feeling suicidal, it was because he knew cops were on the way. Imo. Good chance he did not know the hub was recording either.

His job could well have clauses that you can't have been convicted of a domestic or felony or other conditions. I don't know what was going on here but it seems a bit planned to me as the 911 call makes no sense.

I don't know and if wrong, I feel bad but just as he knows and says of course the spouse is the first suspect, etc. I haven't seen a thing that shows it wasn't him but of course, it could be something else. If so, hard to figure though with no other area camera footage and I doubt some stranger was waiting for him out back and decided to kill him.

I wonder if he had a habit of going say to the barn when they weren't getting along. It's quite a common thing in marriages, for one to go to the garage, basement, outside if nice, even to a bedroom or sit in the car, a shed or a barn...

But who knows. I do wonder if the hub worked, the kids were teenagers and likely in school and I wonder if he worked before they adopted. It sounds like Tyler loved his job, had a lot of friends there, had a lot of military friends and a lot of friends in general, loved his family even going to birthdays and Halloween events and could be counted on to do so at his dad's etc. Practicing for a race and would never let the team down. He doesn't sound much like someone who would in a short hour or two from Costco to this "conversation" suddenly be unstable and suicidal. He took nothing with him or so it seems he could even commit suicide with. He was in the military and very athletic so I'd guess he swims. If he threw himself in front of a car, there would have been an accident and a body. So that seems unlikely to me and so does encountering some murderous stranger and not being seen on any video.

I'm sure it is no surprise I lean this way and now lean harder still but I'm giving most of the reasons for it/trying to detail them.

I will acknowledge there is no known evidence against the hub but we also don't know what he may not have allowed and so on. There's no known evidence pointing hard in any other direction though, that's for sure.

His father and most seem sure he is dead as they are so CERTAIN that's the only explanation and that someone else did this to him and he woudln't have and would be in touch if alive.

I think some kind of an accident happened and when he is found, everyone will be sad that they couldn’t find him in time. 😢

On popular podcast, Nancy Grace gets the facts wrong about Tyler Goodrich case​

Longtime media personality Nancy Grace discussed Tyler Goodrich's disappearance this week on her popular "Crime Stories" podcast.

But much of the information she provided to her national audience was inaccurate based on local law enforcement accounts.

The episode went live on podcast streaming services Monday. While the episode is shorter than 10 minutes and she only speaks about the Goodrich case briefly, most of the key details were wrong.

For starters, Grace said Goodrich had gone missing from his Omaha home. The Goodrich residence is on the outskirts of Lincoln on the 1000 block of West Burnham Street.

She also said that Goodrich had put his two sons to bed the night of Nov. 3 before leaving the house. The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office had previously told the Journal Star only one son was home when Goodrich left the house after a dispute with his husband.

Grace went on to say that Goodrich was seen jogging in his neighborhood, which has never been confirmed. According to the investigation conducted by the Sheriff's Office, no one in the neighborhood saw Goodrich on the night of Nov. 3. The video footage from his home surveillance camera only showed him running down his driveway.

Wow. Where the heck did she get her info?

I will say I never saw that one child was not home until more recent post but never heard he put either to bed, they are teens aren't they?

Wrong town/city on top of it.

And jogging in his neighborhood??? One thing that bothers me is that, that this man was seen NOWHERE else other than just outside their home and that's it.

So what's her explanation? Does she have one?

Wow. Where the heck did she get her info?

I will say I never saw that one child was not home until more recent post but never heard he put either to bed, they are teens aren't they?

Wrong town/city on top of it.

And jogging in his neighborhood??? One thing that bothers me is that, that this man was seen NOWHERE else other than just outside their home and that's it.

So what's her explanation? Does she have one?
She's never been known for her research or accuracy. Just her dramatics.
JMO.

She's never been known for her research or accuracy. Just her dramatics.
JMO.
Yeah I'm not a fan. Back in the day when i first came across her I was but over the decades/years since, she turned me off totally. It started for me with the Holloway case. I try not to judge and did think these past few years she has learned her lesson (took forever) and others were in support of her so gave her a chance or two and haven't said much but just her dramatics as you say, the rude interrupting and not listening to others or her own guests and just the annoying loud noise of her and and watching her and the irritation it brings... And headache...

She sure had things wrong in this one.

On popular podcast, Nancy Grace gets the facts wrong about Tyler Goodrich case​

Longtime media personality Nancy Grace discussed Tyler Goodrich's disappearance this week on her popular "Crime Stories" podcast.

But much of the information she provided to her national audience was inaccurate based on local law enforcement accounts.

The episode went live on podcast streaming services Monday. While the episode is shorter than 10 minutes and she only speaks about the Goodrich case briefly, most of the key details were wrong.

For starters, Grace said Goodrich had gone missing from his Omaha home. The Goodrich residence is on the outskirts of Lincoln on the 1000 block of West Burnham Street.

She also said that Goodrich had put his two sons to bed the night of Nov. 3 before leaving the house. The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office had previously told the Journal Star only one son was home when Goodrich left the house after a dispute with his husband.

Grace went on to say that Goodrich was seen jogging in his neighborhood, which has never been confirmed. According to the investigation conducted by the Sheriff's Office, no one in the neighborhood saw Goodrich on the night of Nov. 3. The video footage from his home surveillance camera only showed him running down his driveway.
Well it's proof of how much she cares🤷‍♀️.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back