Six women found dead in the Portland, Oregon area in 2023 *POI IN CUSTODY*

Mt.Hood_Portland_img1117.jpg

Six women have been found dead in less than three months in secluded, wooded areas in the Portland, Oregon, region, but law enforcement authorities said they have not found any evidence that the cases are linked.

The women's bodies were found within 100 miles of each other, the Portland Police Bureau said in a news release over the weekend. Police have not determined whether they were all homicide victims, but they were all under age 40.

Although news of the deaths was widely circulated on social media, the Portland Police Bureau said there was no reason to believe the deaths were connected. (more at link)

Interesting. No proof of course but I don't think 100 miles is that large of an area at all for someone to hunt and dispose... With disposal, they often go away from their area or the area they found a victim don't they?

Where I lgrew up, six in a 100 mile radius would be unheard of because finding a dead person in a rural area much less six of them would be unheard of. Not sure how unusual that is near Portland?

It would also be unheard of even near the city I work in which is a far bigger area than where I grew up.

So for me, six in 100 mile radius, and all women, is very odd. Not sure it is in that area though.

Of course news is going to hype this. But this one says this was in a three month period, not six?

The case they talk of after this one is interesting too. A woman freed who had FOUR children die...

Short sensational somewhat video as News Nation does constantly.

I'd say expect many more short blips on this because this is what they do... He is saying it is clear LE is communicating on these cases to a point... He is also saying for the to be doing that, they made some kind of link etc., etc.

Of course news is going to hype this. But this one says this was in a three month period, not six?
The first woman disappeared in December. That's six months ago (almost).
She was FOUND more recently, yes. But her timeline stretches back to last year.

Where I lgrew up, six in a 100 mile radius would be unheard of because finding a dead person in a rural area much less six of them would be unheard of. Not sure how unusual that is near Portland?
Where I grew up as well. But Portland is not a rural area...
They had 101 murders last year. That's one every 3-4 days.

After 6 women found dead, Portland officials warn against serial killer speculation​

The Portland Police Bureau in Oregon took a strong stance against “online rumors” Sunday, shutting down theories of a potential serial killer after the deaths of six women under the age of 40 within the last three months.

The agency publicly condemned the speculation, accusing social media posts and news articles of spreading “anxiety and fear in our community” without being “supported by the facts available at this point.”

“While any premature death is concerning…PPB has no reason to believe these six cases are connected,” the law enforcement agency wrote in a press release.

While the PPB has communicated with nearby agencies about some of the suspicious deaths, the organization pushed back against the idea that the interagency communication means the cases are connected.

“Like with all investigations of this nature we are routinely in contact with our law enforcement partners,” PPB wrote in their release. “That has happened here, but that should not suggest a connection has been made.”

Promising to communicate with the public if anything changes, PPB said the cases do not present an “articulable danger” at the moment.

The first woman disappeared in December. That's six months ago (almost).
She was FOUND more recently, yes. But her timeline stretches back to last year.

Where I grew up as well. But Portland is not a rural area...
They had 101 murders last year. That's one every 3-4 days.
Still seems like a lot in a not big radius, all females under a certain age and in such a time period though.

Not sold on whether they are connected or not but it still seems significant.

After 6 women found dead, Portland officials warn against serial killer speculation​

The Portland Police Bureau in Oregon took a strong stance against “online rumors” Sunday, shutting down theories of a potential serial killer after the deaths of six women under the age of 40 within the last three months.

The agency publicly condemned the speculation, accusing social media posts and news articles of spreading “anxiety and fear in our community” without being “supported by the facts available at this point.”

“While any premature death is concerning…PPB has no reason to believe these six cases are connected,” the law enforcement agency wrote in a press release.

While the PPB has communicated with nearby agencies about some of the suspicious deaths, the organization pushed back against the idea that the interagency communication means the cases are connected.

“Like with all investigations of this nature we are routinely in contact with our law enforcement partners,” PPB wrote in their release. “That has happened here, but that should not suggest a connection has been made.”

Promising to communicate with the public if anything changes, PPB said the cases do not present an “articulable danger” at the moment.
And in how many serial killer or rapist cases has the same kind of thing been said? Most I think.

Maybe none are connected. Maybe one or two are. Maybe most are.

While this sound strong that they ARE not connected per them, I can only wonder how they are so sure with so many this soon that they aren't and can't be? None of them? To me that sounds unlikely they could be so sure. If that sure, they must have evidence, causes of death, DNA of all suspects etc. OR HOW can they possibly be sure? And if they have all that, why aren't they charging perps or citing causes of death in the cases...? Hmm?

Interesting!

At least three of the six women whose bodies have been found in Oregon and Washington in recent months shared similar circumstances and had frequented the same places in the months before their deaths, according to a source close to the investigations.

In particular, investigators are examining potential connections among JoAnna Speaks, 32, Charity Lynn Perry, 24, and Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31, who all had been known to frequent Southeast 82nd Avenue and an area near the Clackamas Town Center, said the source, who is not authorized to speak on behalf of any of the half-dozen police agencies investigating the cases.

The source discounted a statement issued Sunday by Portland police that said the bureau “has no reason to believe these 6 cases are connected.”

“It was premature to state that these deaths are unrelated or related,” the source said. “Investigators always look for commonalities with unsolved homicides.”

Portland police did not respond to a request for comment about whether the bureau’s assessment was premature.

The “personal histories” of Speaks, Perry and Webster share similarities, the source said, but declined to elaborate.

Interesting!

At least three of the six women whose bodies have been found in Oregon and Washington in recent months shared similar circumstances and had frequented the same places in the months before their deaths, according to a source close to the investigations.

In particular, investigators are examining potential connections among JoAnna Speaks, 32, Charity Lynn Perry, 24, and Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31, who all had been known to frequent Southeast 82nd Avenue and an area near the Clackamas Town Center, said the source, who is not authorized to speak on behalf of any of the half-dozen police agencies investigating the cases.

The source discounted a statement issued Sunday by Portland police that said the bureau “has no reason to believe these 6 cases are connected.”

“It was premature to state that these deaths are unrelated or related,” the source said. “Investigators always look for commonalities with unsolved homicides.”

Portland police did not respond to a request for comment about whether the bureau’s assessment was premature.

The “personal histories” of Speaks, Perry and Webster share similarities, the source said, but declined to elaborate.
I wonder what type of area it is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondTwicy
Back