THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
What a scumbag!!! I love that he was taken down by a grandma and someone got the keys out of the ignition. The question here is with him having previous serious violent felonies, What was he doing out?!!!! The justice system needs to start answering this question about people like this and child molesters, Rapists and murderers. ENOUGH!!!

Interesting.

Hmm. Interesting is right. Well it was by choice but cost searches and people worrying. And there was indication she may have been in Colorado per phone info during some of this time it states.

I guess there could be mental issues or something but just on the face of this article, there is no indication of that and I find people like this entirely irresponsible. No law against an adult taking off on their own but no one also can make you come home if what you are doing is legal so be an adult and let people know you are all right but that you choose to live this way and are not coming back.

The whole thing sounds pretty hokey actually like a few others in the past several months that I still question.

This Youtube video is about this. There are seven arrests. It sounds pretty interesting. Thinking it may be worth a thread of its own. Salida is where Suzanne Morphew went missing, not that there is a connection, but the area is portrayed as a decent small area/community and these people sound pretty strange.

ETA: This particular cult group was highlighted on the Dr. Phil show and countless other shows per this video. The dead woman's rants and raves can be found online per this video as well.

ETA Again: Oh the group was/is also 501C3 nonprofit. Interesting to say the least...

Last edited:
This Youtube video is about this. There are seven arrests. It sounds pretty interesting. Thinking it may be worth a thread of its own. Salida is where Suzanne Morphew went missing, not that there is a connection, but the area is portrayed as a decent small area/community and these people sound pretty strange.

ETA: This particular cult group was highlighted on the Dr. Phil show and countless other shows per this video. The dead woman's rants and raves can be found online per this video as well.

ETA Again: Oh the group was/is also 501C3 nonprofit. Interesting to say the least...

I made a thread. Copied the links there but don't know how to move the comments. Thread is here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorTova
Back