THIS JUST IN ~ CURRENT NEWS STORIES

breaking-news-background-planet-260nw-667420906.jpg

ONGOING CRIME BREAKING NEWS!

Starting in January 2020, this thread is about the news as it breaks!

Bernard Madoff says he is dying and is asking a judge for compassionate release from prison, where he is serving 150 years for orchestrating the largest Ponzi scheme in history, according to a Wednesday federal court filing.

Madoff, 81, has terminal kidney failure and a life expectancy of less than 18 months. When the court sentenced him, “it was clear that Madoff’s 150-year prison sentence was symbolic for three reasons: retribution, deterrence, and for the victims,” the court filing states. “This Court must now consider whether keeping Madoff incarcerated … is truly in furtherance of statutory sentencing goals and our society’s value and understanding of compassion.”

Madoff said in the request for compassionate release that he “does not dispute the severity of his crimes.”

IMO- stay in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't meant to be political. Just information. With J&J vaccines having the risk of blood clots. I had one before so no I won't take this one.

7 year old Jaslyn Adams shot in Chicago; suspect arrested

AHHHHHHH!!!! Sitting in a car at McDonald's. 😢

The remains discovered in February on the edge of Hollins University’s campus have been identified as a Salem woman who went missing more than a year ago, according to the Roanoke County Police Department.

Jessica Darling Dickson, 31, disappeared in the spring of 2019, officials said. She was last seen in Roanoke in June of that year, according to The Charley Project, a website that spotlights missing person cases.
The circumstances of her disappearance and death are under investigation, police said. No other information was immediately released.
Dickson’s remains were found Feb. 16 by students who had gone into the woods along the outskirts of Hollins University’s property while working on a class project.

Skeletal remains found in Escambia County, Alabama, have been positively identified as missing Virginia woman that was headed to visit relatives in Alabama nearly three years ago.

On August 4, 2018, 70-year old Shari Christine Saunders left Norfolk, Virginia, on her way to Monroeville, Alabama, to visit with family, but never arrived. She was last seen fueling her 2010 red Toyota Corolla in Evergreen, Alabama. Saunders was listed as a missing person and entered into a nationwide database.

Saunder’s vehicle was located on a dirt road off Canaan Church Road in Conecuh County, Alabama, a few miles north of the Flomaton exit on I-65 and Highway 113 on August 13, 2018. A search of the area was completed by the Conecuh, Escambia, and Monroe County Sheriff’s offices but Saunders was not located. Investigators continued to search for Saunders, conduct interview, and follow up on leads and information that came in on a weekly basis.

On December 26, 2020, skeletal remains were found in a wooded area off a gated private road that intersects with Canaan Church Road. The remains were submitted for forensic testing for a positive identification.

“A forensic laboratory has now positively identified the skeletal remains as that of Shari Saunders. Additional evidence is being evaluated by other forensic labs, and the sheriff’s offices are focusing on particular suspects,” Escambia County (AL) Sheriff Heath Jackson said. “We would like to thank the community for their willingness to help in bringing this case closer to being solved and ask that you report anything that might be of evidentiary value.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the Escambia County (AL) Sheriff’s Office Investigator Smith at (251) 809-0741.

Ladies, please be careful when traveling alone!!!!!

I am speechless. Yes. I am speechless.

The Moose Lake Police Department began investigating Brownfield after receiving a tip in October that she was in a sexual relationship with a client at the MSOP facility in Moose Lake, which treats “clients committed as sexually dangerous persons and sexually psychopathic personalities.”

She must really be into BDSM.

I am speechless. Yes. I am speechless.
Oh and a female to boot. I am sure she was just trying to help them normalize their sexual proclivities right with "one on one" therapy... A true Romeo and Juliet relationship? Sick.

A warrant has been issued for her arrest? Well, where the he77 is she?

Most know I hate these kinds of cases and details. Yet there are so many and 1 out of who knows how many 100, 1,000 hit mainstream news. Most perhaps reach their regional or local markets at best and if they even do that, often they are not followed after that. A couple of real winners here. Article also refers to the Hutchinson boy and others in the area.

Authorities in Louisiana have made an arrest in a decade-long cold case thanks to an inquiry from the television series Unsolved Mysteries.

The Kenner Police Department on April 22 arrested 35-year-old Dernell Nelson in connection to 2010 killings of Hermania Ellsworth and Charles Davis. Nelson has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder.

"This is now a very active investigation after laying dormant for years," the department said in a press release on Friday. "Additional arrests are expected."

Justifiable shooting. I hate LeBron James now. Assumptions made before you know the facts. YOU are racist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back