Cult(?) Leader of "Love Has Won" Found Dead - 7 Arrests

Untitled.jpg

Amy Carlson, 45, who was known as “Mother God” by her followers, was found dead in a home in the tiny, rural town of Moffat on Wednesday, April 28, according to arrest affidavits for seven people, who are each charged with abuse of a corpse.

A follower told investigators he knew the woman as Lia Carlson, and a Saguache County sheriff's corporal wrote in the affidavits that Carlson is believed to be the leader of the group. It's unclear why the follower provided the name Lia.

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter

GrandmaBear

I am really sorry, but I have to admit that there is something funny about this....🙈 ( I hate cults and their leaders, btw) and that there were children at the home is not funny at all😕
It is unusual it is the cult leader who is dead. Apparently they wanted to honor, mummify, enshrine her though.

Downright strange and I think odd enough it will continue to have attention most likely and stay in the news more than some cases.

ETA: And yes, the children who are born into or brought into these things upsets me (upsets is putting it nicely).

Kimster

Administrator
Staff member
No kidding. I am just looking at some of it this morning. Frank had me up at 4.

Here is one from Lauren Scharf, Fox 21

So they were carrying their god around with them? And their god is a corpse? Is that what I’m reading? Yes that’s what I’m reading.

Kimster

Administrator
Staff member
It is unusual it is the cult leader who is dead. Apparently they wanted to honor, mummify, enshrine her though.

Downright strange and I think odd enough it will continue to have attention most likely and stay in the news more than some cases.

ETA: And yes, the children who are born into or brought into these things upsets me (upsets is putting it nicely).
I wonder what she died of? I guess they’ll figure it out.

GrandmaBear

So they were carrying their god around with them? And their god is a corpse? Is that what I’m reading? Yes that’s what I’m reading.
Not sure about what she died from. Just getting up to speed myself. It sounds like they were forced from Hawaii and came back to the states/Colorado and then at some point asked to stay with this man in Colorado who acts or appears unknowing but it is sounding like he was a member of the group but whether he had part in anything prior to them staying there it is hard to say.

They do say in articles that there is a vehicle with a seat laid down or some such a body could be transported in and some evidence that they moved her corpse from California to Colorado.

If anyone wants to watch the Profiling Evil episode above, the first 12 minutes inform of much. The following 12 are more questions and answers, cults in general and his talking about his book.

GrandmaBear

I wonder what she died of? I guess they’ll figure it out.
Two women of the cult say she was paralyzed from about the chest down and her lungs were failing. NOT meaning that is what she died from, this was a prior video I think. IF true, I can think of a case where similar was not. They also state the people of Hawaii did not like them and they got violent and did damage to a new vehicle THEY had bought their leader, first one she had had in 15 years. The clip is in the Profiling Evil video.

Honestly since pressure was seemingly put on them, I hope they ensure by DNA this "mummy" was her.

GrandmaBear

A remark I made in the other thread is that this was also a non-profit group under a 501C3.... Interesting...

They say her teachings and rants and raves are all over the internet and easily found and that this group has attracted much notice prior, on Dr. Phil and more. Many complaints about them and taking money etc.

Mel70

I miss you Oreo.

Mel70

I miss you Oreo.

If the followers have children they will be involved. They always are. Like the "Branch Davidians". Who in that case are dead because of "David Koresh".

Kimster

Administrator
Staff member
Amy Carlson aka Mother God

Ms Carlson - Mother God - is believed by her group to be 19 billion years old and to have birthed all of creation. Despite her age, the members also believe she is the child of former president Donald Trump. They believe she exists at a "higher consciousness level" than normal humans, and will eventually lead a group of 144,000 people into the "fifth dimension" in some sort of ascendant journey.

The "144,000" figure is significant in a number of Abrahamic religions and off-shoots. In Christianity, the number represents the total number of representatives from the 12 tribes of Israel who worship God during the events depicted in the Book of Revelation.

It is unclear when Ms Carlson died, but a photo of the group’s leader unconscious in the arms of Mr Castillo was taken on 14 April.

Two days later, Ms Carlson's family requested an ambulance, claiming she was having trouble breathing and that her eyes were rolling back into her head. According to a source speaking with The Guru Magazine, the ambulance arrived to take her to the hospital but EMTs were told Ms Carlson was not there.

Ms Carlson claimed to eschew any kind of pharmaceutical drug or non-natural medical treatment, which may have influenced her members' refusal to hand her over to an ambulance.

A spokesman for the group claimed in one of their daily livestreams that Ms Carlson only medicated through natural means - alcohol and marijuana - which led her to frequently appear on streams drunk and high.

A former “Father God” member of the group, Andrew Profaci, told Vice News in a documentary released in March that Ms Carlson became bitter and abusive after nightly bouts of heavy drinking. Mr Profaci eventually left the group and began speaking out against it.

Numerous videos exist showing Ms Carlson drunk, slurring, and making bizarre claims, including that she was speaking with deceased comedian Robin Williams.

Despite Ms Carlson's use of alcohol and marijuana, the group's spokeswoman, who goes by the name "Aurora," said drug use was prohibited for members.

In a photo taken three weeks before she is believe to have died, Ms Carlson appears emaciated, with thinning hair and a purplish hue to her skin.

Her condition may have been caused by the large amounts of colloidal silver she was ingesting, The Daily Beast reported, citing a county coroner.. Colloidal silver is sometimes used in dietary supplements, but there is no evidence the silver has any medicinal benefit, and - if taken by mouth over a long period of time - can cause the skin and organs to turn blue-grey, and in very serious circumstances cause seizures and organ failure.

The group's Facebook account issued a statement following the discovery of the body.

“We thank everyone for their Full Surrender to the Divine Plan. Mom will give you the next step in Your Heart in every Present MOMent you’re there, MOM ENTers. The team are respectfully honoring the process law enforcement require and we are grateful for their diligence in protecting Humanity. Mom deeply loves Our law enforcement officers as She does each and everyone of Her children,” the Facebook statement said.

Ms Carlson's family said she started the Love Has Won group after leaving her job at McDonalds and ending her third marriage when she was in her 30s.

This just gets worse.

Whatsnext

Stop the war!

Ms Carlson - Mother God - is believed by her group to be 19 billion years old and to have birthed all of creation. Despite her age, the members also believe she is the child of former president Donald Trump. They believe she exists at a "higher consciousness level" than normal humans, and will eventually lead a group of 144,000 people into the "fifth dimension" in some sort of ascendant journey.

The "144,000" figure is significant in a number of Abrahamic religions and off-shoots. In Christianity, the number represents the total number of representatives from the 12 tribes of Israel who worship God during the events depicted in the Book of Revelation.

It is unclear when Ms Carlson died, but a photo of the group’s leader unconscious in the arms of Mr Castillo was taken on 14 April.

Two days later, Ms Carlson's family requested an ambulance, claiming she was having trouble breathing and that her eyes were rolling back into her head. According to a source speaking with The Guru Magazine, the ambulance arrived to take her to the hospital but EMTs were told Ms Carlson was not there.

Ms Carlson claimed to eschew any kind of pharmaceutical drug or non-natural medical treatment, which may have influenced her members' refusal to hand her over to an ambulance.

A spokesman for the group claimed in one of their daily livestreams that Ms Carlson only medicated through natural means - alcohol and marijuana - which led her to frequently appear on streams drunk and high.

A former “Father God” member of the group, Andrew Profaci, told Vice News in a documentary released in March that Ms Carlson became bitter and abusive after nightly bouts of heavy drinking. Mr Profaci eventually left the group and began speaking out against it.

Numerous videos exist showing Ms Carlson drunk, slurring, and making bizarre claims, including that she was speaking with deceased comedian Robin Williams.

Despite Ms Carlson's use of alcohol and marijuana, the group's spokeswoman, who goes by the name "Aurora," said drug use was prohibited for members.

In a photo taken three weeks before she is believe to have died, Ms Carlson appears emaciated, with thinning hair and a purplish hue to her skin.

Her condition may have been caused by the large amounts of colloidal silver she was ingesting, The Daily Beast reported, citing a county coroner.. Colloidal silver is sometimes used in dietary supplements, but there is no evidence the silver has any medicinal benefit, and - if taken by mouth over a long period of time - can cause the skin and organs to turn blue-grey, and in very serious circumstances cause seizures and organ failure.

The group's Facebook account issued a statement following the discovery of the body.

“We thank everyone for their Full Surrender to the Divine Plan. Mom will give you the next step in Your Heart in every Present MOMent you’re there, MOM ENTers. The team are respectfully honoring the process law enforcement require and we are grateful for their diligence in protecting Humanity. Mom deeply loves Our law enforcement officers as She does each and everyone of Her children,” the Facebook statement said.

Ms Carlson's family said she started the Love Has Won group after leaving her job at McDonalds and ending her third marriage when she was in her 30s.

This just gets worse.
How can people believe in such nonsense? :thud:

GrandmaBear

This just gets worse.
So she drank and got high and appeared online that way and yet minions could not drink?? She worked at McDonald's prior to this? Married three times by her 30s? And her followers believed she was someone special??

I wonder how they explain her death? I mean she has lived for 19 billions of years so I assume she was to never die??

I guess she died of plain old age then? I suppose I shouldn't say that :)

Mel70

I miss you Oreo.
So she drank and got high and appeared online that way and yet minions could not drink?? She worked at McDonald's prior to this? Married three times by her 30s? And her followers believed she was someone special??

I wonder how they explain her death? I mean she has lived for 19 billions of years so I assume she was to never die??

I guess she died of plain old age then? I suppose I shouldn't say that :)
I didn't even screw up that bad. Look at Manson. WOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathleen Unterberger