United Kingdom Murders of Jack the Ripper - London, UK - 1888-?

1602197223955.png

No recent case, lol, but still an intriguing mystery...

Last edited by a moderator:
You might ask why I wanted this case here, but it is one of the first true crime cases which were widely publicized, so that is one of the reasons.
And who knows, maybe hidden somewhere in one of countless english attics or cellars, there will be a clue to this mystery.

I read Anne Perry's book that claimed Jack was actually the artist Walter Sickert. This book looks really interesting.

There are alot of suspects. I don't think we will ever know. I believe evidence has long been destroyed. But the case still intrigues. We want to know. It's interesting how the killing stopped. The killings except Mary Kelly's was outside. And her murder was by far the most brutal. There has been a theory it was H.H. Holmes. He spoke of going to London. I don't remember all the specifics. His burial was odd. Under concrete in a wood coffin. Maybe even two layers. I don't recall. However Holmes did not kill with such violence. The Queen's grandson is an interesting suspect. He contracted Syphilis from a prostitute. So that would explain anger toward them and him not being caught as he would be protected.

I have a funny story and it is absolutely true. I was 24. I was reading late in the bathtub. "The Complete Jack the Ripper". It was an old building and there was a window in the bathroom above the tub. It was raining heavily and there was a tree by the window. I thought the branches were hitting the window until my cat started growling. I had window stops so the window would only go up 6 inches. I could see someone trying to force open the window. I jumped out if the tub and called 911. He was still there when the police got there. I didn't know him. I pressed charges. He was convicted with attempted B&E. When the police took my statement they asked what I was doing. Reading. They asked what. They chuckled. I don't blame them. I showed them the book. This is the absolute truth!

I have a funny story and it is absolutely true. I was 24. I was reading late in the bathtub. "The Complete Jack the Ripper". It was an old building and there was a window in the bathroom above the tub. It was raining heavily and there was a tree by the window. I thought the branches were hitting the window until my cat started growling. I had window stops so the window would only go up 6 inches. I could see someone trying to force open the window. I jumped out if the tub and called 911. He was still there when the police got there. I didn't know him. I pressed charges. He was convicted with attempted B&E. When the police took my statement they asked what I was doing. Reading. They asked what. They chuckled. I don't blame them. I showed them the book. This is the absolute truth!
:thud:

He had climbed up the tree to get to my window. I was on the first floor. But being it was an old building there were garden level apartments. I was up a half of flight of stairs. The police pulled him out of the tree.

A little while ago they found DNA on one of the victim's shawls and linked it to someone. But the family had stated back then they had to force him to bathe and he was very mentally ill. I don't believe he was the Ripper but a customer.

A little while ago they found DNA on one of the victim's shawls and linked it to someone. But the family had stated back then they had to force him to bathe and he was very mentally ill. I don't believe he was the Ripper but a customer.
by " he" do you mean Kosminski? He was always in the top 5 of " absolute most likely suspects" by Ripperologists. Some of the others were Queen Victoria's grandson, the Royal Physician to Her Majesty the Queen- Dr. Gull, Thomas Cutbush, and Montague John Druitt. IIRC, Druitt was eliminated about 5 or 10 years ago, maybe using DNA?

The Ripper and the Lizzie Borden case have always fascinated me. My grandfather was fascinated by both also. He lived a block away from us and we spent tons of time there on a daily basis each summer. He was a huge history buff. For a couple of years he was interested in French wars and Napoleon. He had numerous huge maps tacked to the living room and family room walls and used color-coded thumbtacks that showed the positions of Napoleon's armies and their opponents, including troop movements, during battles. He had similar thumbtack.color-coded maps for the American Civil War. He got mad because my grandmother made him take ALL of the maps and thumbtacks down one week because she was having the garden club meeting at their house and she wanted the house to look perfect for the other ladies in the garden club.

I am not convinced Lizzie did it. But I think that if she didn't do it, she absolutely knew who did and may even have let them in to hide in her room beforehand. There were rumors, not spoken aloud in polite 1890s uppercrust society, that Andrew Borden had fathered a son out of wedlock. At the time of the murders, that son would have been about 26 years old.

by " he" do you mean Kosminski? He was always in the top 5 of " absolute most likely suspects" by Ripperologists. Some of the others were Queen Victoria's grandson, the Royal Physician to Her Majesty the Queen- Dr. Gull, Thomas Cutbush, and Montague John Druitt. IIRC, Druitt was eliminated about 5 or 10 years ago, maybe using DNA?

The Ripper and the Lizzie Borden case have always fascinated me. My grandfather was fascinated by both also. He lived a block away from us and we spent tons of time there on a daily basis each summer. He was a huge history buff. For a couple of years he was interested in French wars and Napoleon. He had numerous huge maps tacked to the living room and family room walls and used color-coded thumbtacks that showed the positions of Napoleon's armies and their opponents, including troop movements, during battles. He had similar thumbtack.color-coded maps for the American Civil War. He got mad because my grandmother made him take ALL of the maps and thumbtacks down one week because she was having the garden club meeting at their house and she wanted the house to look perfect for the other ladies in the garden club.

I am not convinced Lizzie did it. But I think that if she didn't do it, she absolutely knew who did and may even have let them in to hide in her room beforehand. There were rumors, not spoken aloud in polite 1890s uppercrust society, that Andrew Borden had fathered a son out of wedlock. At the time of the murders, that son would have been about 26 years old.
Yes Kosminski. He didn't have the faculties about him to pull it off. I think Lizzie Borden did do it. There is alot of information to further indicate she did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back