GEORGIA LEAH MOSES: Murdered in Petaluma, CA - August 1997

GEORGIA.jpg

The night was the night of August 13, 1997. Angel (Georgia's sister) told Dateline that she later discovered that Georgia and a friend had been hanging out when Georgia received a page on her pager and called the number back.

Sometime later, the friend walked Georgia to a gas station near the intersection of Sebastopol Road and Dutton Avenue in Santa Rosa, where the friend said Georgia left with an unidentified man. It was the last time she was seen alive.

More than a week later, on August 22, 1997, a Caltrans worker fixing a broken guardrail off Highway 101 in Petaluma, California, discovered the body of a young girl in a grove of trees. But she wasn’t immediately identified.

On the same day, back in Santa Rosa, Child Protective Services (CPS) stopped by Angel and Georgia's home to inquire about a suspected sex offender in the area. It was Angel who spoke up about her sister being missing.

“Eight days had passed since I saw my sister,” Angel said tearfully. “I knew something was wrong because she always came to see me. So at seven years old, I was the one who had to report my sister missing.”

According to Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sergeant Juan Valencia, Georgia had been strangled. Her body was so badly decomposed that she had to be identified through dental records. The coroner listed August 13, the last day Georgia was seen, as her date of death.

Much more at link: Do you have the tip that will bring justice for the family of GEORGIA LEAH MOSES? Murdered 1997 in #CALIFORNIA

Last edited:
In reference to California only:

On and after January 1, 1985, with the exception of child visitation monitors, persons entering employment which make them mandated reporters must sign statements, provided and retained by their employers, informing them that they are mandated reporters and advising them of their reporting responsibilities and of their confidentiality rights. (P.C. 11166.5 (a))

The Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) was passed in 1980. Over the years, numerous amendments have expanded the definition of child abuse and the persons required to report. Procedures for reporting have also been clarified. In California, certain professionals are required to report known or suspected child abuse. Other citizens, though not required by law to report, may also do so. It is important for mandated reporters to stay abreast of periodic amendments in the law. Your local Child Abuse Prevention Council or Child Protective Agency has current reporting law information.
For these mandated workers. Alot of them have sure dropped the ball.

I can't get into Twitter. I didn't go there anymore. But it doesn't recognize my old information.

It tells me I have to log in. I try to and says my information isn't correct.
i forgot that you are using your phone for this. You have probably set any twitter link to default open with the app. otherwise it would just open up in your browser and that will let you scroll without signing in. I'm pretty sure it's the app that is doing that. Or since you are not using it. try uninstalling the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Letha46D59
Back