OR FINLEY CREEK JANE DOE: F, 14-18, found in a wooded hillside near La Grande, OR - 27 Aug 1978 - pregnant

Case File: 1258UFOR

1593885790127.png

Unidentified Female
Date of Discovery: August 27, 1978
Location of Discovery: Finley Creek, Union County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: Years prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 14-18 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'1" to 5'3"
Weight: 115-125 lbs.
Hair Color: Light brown to blonde
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: She was pregnant, and likely in her 6th to 8th month of pregnancy.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: A halter/bra, red Catalina pants (size 15/16 - Juniors?) - which show evidence of possible length alteration, ankle-high lace up shoes, and remnants of clothing that consisted of red cloth, white cloth, and zippers.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim's body was found in a wooded hillside 18 miles north of La Grande.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Union County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Veronica Vance
Agency Phone Number: 971-673-8220

Agency Case Number: ME: 78-1865
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #11902
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
NamUs

*Click the Report button if you'd like this case moved to the general discussion area to be opened for commenting.

Attachments

• 1580674912045.png
    1580674912045.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

MelJay

RE-EVALUATING A RULE OUT

I was contacted by Suzanne, whose mother, Patricia Lee Otto, is on the list of missing persons that have been ruled out as being FCJD. Her question to me: How was my mother ruled out? Was it because of the pregnancy? Off the top I knew that was NOT it but I told her I would check the files. When I did - I found nothing. The only reason I knew Patty had been ruled out was because NamUs said so.

Since then I have gotten a wealth of information about Patty - some backstory, photos, dental x-rays - the latter of which had a handwritten note ON THE ENVELOPE noting dental work that had been done AFTER the x-rays were taken. This was a revelation in itself as I realized (while at my dentist) that if I were to go missing today, my own x-rays do NOT match the work that has been done to my teeth. This makes a note in Patty’s missing person file saying that her x-rays don’t match the dental records of the remains found in La Grande seem a bit irrelevant.

Patty and Suzanne resemble FCJD so much that it is eerie. With Suzanne’s permission, I am posting the photos she sent me of (from left to right) Patty, FCJD, and herself and the note “ruling out” her mother as being FCJD.

And believe me when I tell y’all that this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding information that Suzanne and I have exchanged and discovered this past week. After I’ve done a bit more digging, I will let you all in on some long-held secrets.

For now, we have focused on re-examining the physical attributes of Patty Otto and comparing them to FCJD. Dr. Vance, Suzanne, and the FCJD Task Force are ON THIS and hope to find out soon what the results are. Also, I’ve received word that Dr. Vance is going to collect the cremains from the “coroner’s office next door” to TRY to test for DNA. This is amazing news that we are excited (yet cautious!) about and we hope that it will lead to some definitive answers one way or the other.

The journey continues and we could NOT do this work without you. THANK YOU!

Attachments

• B.W.Otto.Timms.jpeg
    B.W.Otto.Timms.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
  • received_1134966213650448.jpeg
    received_1134966213650448.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6

MelJay

Thank you so much for working on this case and connecting with Suzanne! I agree, the resemblance is remarkable. Can't wait to hear more about your work on this case, and sincerely hoping Suzanne gets some answers soon. She's been an advocate for her mom for a very long time.
Suzanne is an absolute rock star and I am very much hoping we can conclude two cases at once here very soon!

Romulus

RE-EVALUATING A RULE OUT

I was contacted by Suzanne, whose mother, Patricia Lee Otto, is on the list of missing persons that have been ruled out as being FCJD. Her question to me: How was my mother ruled out? Was it because of the pregnancy? Off the top I knew that was NOT it but I told her I would check the files. When I did - I found nothing. The only reason I knew Patty had been ruled out was because NamUs said so.

Since then I have gotten a wealth of information about Patty - some backstory, photos, dental x-rays - the latter of which had a handwritten note ON THE ENVELOPE noting dental work that had been done AFTER the x-rays were taken. This was a revelation in itself as I realized (while at my dentist) that if I were to go missing today, my own x-rays do NOT match the work that has been done to my teeth. This makes a note in Patty’s missing person file saying that her x-rays don’t match the dental records of the remains found in La Grande seem a bit irrelevant.

Patty and Suzanne resemble FCJD so much that it is eerie. With Suzanne’s permission, I am posting the photos she sent me of (from left to right) Patty, FCJD, and herself and the note “ruling out” her mother as being FCJD.

And believe me when I tell y’all that this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding information that Suzanne and I have exchanged and discovered this past week. After I’ve done a bit more digging, I will let you all in on some long-held secrets.

For now, we have focused on re-examining the physical attributes of Patty Otto and comparing them to FCJD. Dr. Vance, Suzanne, and the FCJD Task Force are ON THIS and hope to find out soon what the results are. Also, I’ve received word that Dr. Vance is going to collect the cremains from the “coroner’s office next door” to TRY to test for DNA. This is amazing news that we are excited (yet cautious!) about and we hope that it will lead to some definitive answers one way or the other.

Open the thread for Patricia case

Kimster

Let's Find Michael Bryson!
Staff member

Kimster

Let's Find Michael Bryson!
Staff member
RE-EVALUATING A RULE OUT

Aren't rule outs done via DNA now? Has Patty's DNA been submitted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erik the red