AMBER Alert ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3

1708472032317.jpeg

Amber Alert: Missing Two Rivers boy​

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 3-year-old boy in Two Rivers on Tuesday, Feb. 20.

Authorities said Elijah Vue's caregiver last saw him at 8 a.m. at his home Tuesday morning, near 39th and Mishicot in Twin Rivers. He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, a long sleeve dark-colored shirt and red and green dinosaur slip-on shoes.

He is described as 3 feet tall and 45 pounds, with sandy hair and brown eyes. Officials said he has a birthmark on his left knee.

The Two Rivers Police Department said Vue is possibly carrying a red and white plaid blanket with him. Authorities said no family or associates are in the area.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 844-267-6648 or 920-686-7200.

There is currently no description of a suspect or a vehicle.

MEDIA - ELIJAH VUE: Missing from Two Rivers, WI - 20 Feb 2024 - Age 3

Last edited:
Takeaways from this for me and this is my state but not my area of it but I know it enough, in here it says it became clear this was no abduction and he didn't wander off on his own, then it was Horus before, etc. and stories changed. Yet unless we have not been told last I knew an Amber Alert remains active does it not? I am not dissing this just the opposite, a minor child is still missing no matter the criteria there should not be any and there should be an Amber Alert in my opinion and it should remain in effect for any one child until that child is found. Imo. At least for some length of substantial time.

So he was not abducted nor left on his own says a LOT right there without saying it.

He makes a point of saying where they think he is (and they are not going to say dead they never do most times) is narrowed down where I have said and wondered throughout this what the heck. They were everywhere nowhere near Two Rivers, maybe not cops always but searchers were. I can't even recall. Fond DU Lac, the dells? I said as much as above.

It is encouraging that he thinks where the dialed down searches are the correct areas.

I did go in and read the link but did not watch the video in it.

These two are already both charged with neglect so I think it is pretty obvious what this case is and where this case is at and what will come whether they find him or not. Imo.

Thank you for the update.

Missing 3-year-old: Boyfriend of Elijah Vue's mother pleads not guilty​

The last person to see 3-year-old Elijah Vue was arraigned Tuesday morning in Manitowoc County.

Jesse Vang appeared via video as his attorney entered a not guilty plea to chronic neglect of a child.

A status conference hearing is scheduled for Vang at 3:30 p.m. June 28 via Zoom.

Alisa M. Schafer
Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
April 17, 2024

MANITOWOC — A fundraiser is being held April 19 to benefit the civilian search for 3-year-old Elijah Vue.

The fundraiser will feature the Rondini Magic Show and the Bombastic Bubble Show at the Mikadow Theatre, 1118 Washington St., Manitowoc. Doors open at 5 p.m. with the show starting at 6 p.m. A minimum $5 donation is requested for admission.

According to a Facebook post on the Mikadow Theatre page, proceeds from the fundraiser will be used to provide meals, snacks, drinks and supplies to search volunteers.

Organized searches for the child have been planned for April 18 and 20. Volunteers are asked to show up to the Mikadow Theatre at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. either day.

Brandon Reid
Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
April 19, 2024

TWO RIVERS — The search for 3-year-old Elijah Vue continues two months after he was reported missing Feb. 20.

On April 19, Two Rivers Police Department Capt. Andrew Raatz, in a news release, shared the latest on the search, noting efforts the past two weeks have been done on water, land and from the air.

He said river searches were done using kayaks, sonar searches were conducted of area waterways, land searches were done on local agricultural land with multiple farms granting accessing, and aerial searches were conducted by the Wisconsin Drone Network and the FBI.

The captain added: “We will continue our search efforts while also investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah. We will continue to release information as we can. Thank you for your continued support of our efforts.”

Raatz also shared information about a fundraiser that was scheduled for 6 p.m. April 19 at the Mikadow Theater, 1118 Washington St., Manitowoc. Donations from that event are being raised by the family of Elijah to cover costs associated with the volunteer search efforts they have been organizing and that remain ongoing.

Updated: 9:46 PM CDT Apr 22, 2024
Maria Grenyo
MANITOWOC COUNTY, Wis. —
Katrina Baur, the mother of missing child Elijah Vue, is requesting her bond be switched from $15,000 cash to a personal recognizance bond.

A personal recognizance bond allows someone to be released without paying the bond. The person must promise to appear back in court.

<snip>

In a letter written by Baur's defense attorney, Baur is moving for the court to modify the bond. Attorney Ann M. Larson wrote the move is "on the grounds that Ms. Baur is unable to post the cash bail as set."

Updated: 9:46 PM CDT Apr 22, 2024
Maria Grenyo
MANITOWOC COUNTY, Wis. —
Katrina Baur, the mother of missing child Elijah Vue, is requesting her bond be switched from $15,000 cash to a personal recognizance bond.

A personal recognizance bond allows someone to be released without paying the bond. The person must promise to appear back in court.

<snip>

In a letter written by Baur's defense attorney, Baur is moving for the court to modify the bond. Attorney Ann M. Larson wrote the move is "on the grounds that Ms. Baur is unable to post the cash bail as set."
So WHAT!?! She can just wait for her trial like most accused killers.

Problem is I don't think they are accused of murder are they or am I mixing up my cases? Neither of them. My state is notorious low bond to beging with although in this southern half it is sometimes higher than the northern half where cash bond in any case is almost a joke. They have higher cash bond on no murder than our murderer did on murder. $10K and out the entire time. I think it started at $25 but was lowered by a motion before our family even got our bearings or knew what was going on or there was such a thing to attend.

She won't get it imo but again, this is not an accused killer, pretty sure. I'd have to look back but it is more along the neglect or abuse or something they are charged with.

Yeah, makes me sick though, I agree on that. She is whining and NOT EVEN CHARGED YET WITH WORSE which will come hopefully. One day. Him too.

'I don't know what broke,' says Elijah Vue's grandma about her daughter​

It's been more than two months since 3-year-old Elijah Vue vanished out of Two Rivers. WISN 12 News reporter Kendall Keys spoke with the little boy's grandmother for the first time on Wednesday.

Jodi Baur's grandson is missing and her daughter is in jail. Baur calls herself family to the victim and the suspect.

"We'd take him to the beach. He loved going to the beach. He was just a really sweet kid," Baur said.

Sitting at a Wisconsin Dells park bench, Baur recalled memories with her daughter, Katrina Baur, and her grandson, Elijah.

"She always said Elijah was her little ray of sunshine," Baur said.

Seeing her daughter as a mother was a bright light for Baur and a contrast to the dark. She said Katrina struggled with a cycle of drug addiction going back 20 years.

"Watching your kid fall is the hardest thing in the world. You always want what's best, but you can't get it. It's their life. So that's hard," Baur said.

Baur said addiction complicated their relationship. She said Katrina's life was deeply affected by the abusive father of her children, Jimmy Vue, who is in prison. Baur thought Katrina was getting help.

"Her entire life revolved around those kids. I don't know what broke. I don't know what changed. I wish I could say that she relapsed. I don't even know about that," Baur said.

Nobody's seen Elijah in more than two months. The day an Amber alert went out is burned into Baur's memory. What also stuck out that day was how her daughter reacted.

"She was calm. She was. I think the investigators had called me that night, said she was cold. Whether she was detached or in denial, I don't know," Baur said.

Investigators said Katrina sent Elijah to stay with her boyfriend, Jesse Vang, in Two Rivers to "learn how to be a man." Vang told police when he woke up from a nap Feb. 20, the little boy was gone.

"It was the mama bear, the anger, the instinct, the hysteria that was missing that just, it just hit me wrong," Baur said.

Baur said the last time she spoke to Katrina was March 1, after she had been arrested and charged with chronic child neglect.

"When you did talk to her, is she asking, where's Elijah? Is she still wanting to know where he is?" Kendall Keys asked Baur.

"At the time, she was still believing he just walked out the door," Baur said.

It's a theory Two Rivers police told WISN 12 News they ruled out. Police also said they don't believe the 3-year-old was abducted.

"I don't think Trina knows more because I think she would've broke by now," Baur said.

Baur said she thinks getting answers relies on her daughter receiving mental health care.

"Until we get her in touch with what's real and what's not real, we're not going to know," Baur said.

As Katrina and Vang remain in jail, Elijah remains missing.
https://www.wisn.com/article/missin...vang-pleads-not-guilty-child-neglect/60513298
"You find yourself driving alone, you're looking in every ditch, you're looking in every lake, you're looking at every, you know, farm field. And it's just you, just the trauma doesn't stop because there's no closure," Baur said. "Please keep looking for him because somebody is going to find something."

Katrina lived in Wisconsin Dells when Elijah went missing and had been traveling back and forth between there and Two Rivers.

Two Rivers police told WISN 12 News they believe Elijah is in the Manitowoc County area.

There is a $40,000 reward authorities are offering for information that might lead to Elijah.https://www.wisn.com/article/wiscon...hild-elijah-vue-requests-bond-change/60571911

Elijah Vue's mother returns to court seeking a lower bond, judge denies motion​

The mother of missing three-year-old Elijah Vue returned to court on Tuesday.

Katrina Baur and her attorney Ann Larson asked for her $15,000 bond to be reduced to a signature bond.

Larson stated that she provided a sealed address where Baur would live in town and said she would be willing to do a sign-in every day at the jail.

The state opposed the motion citing previous missed court dates in past years.

Orson Vue, Elijah's uncle, spoke briefly asking the judge to deny the motion.

Judge Robert Dewane denied the motion keeping her bond at $15,000. He mentioned not being able to control the situation if she was released and expressed concern for Baur's own safety.

A status conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. on May 28.

Elijah Vue's mother returns to court seeking a lower bond, judge denies motion​

The mother of missing three-year-old Elijah Vue returned to court on Tuesday.

Katrina Baur and her attorney Ann Larson asked for her $15,000 bond to be reduced to a signature bond.

Larson stated that she provided a sealed address where Baur would live in town and said she would be willing to do a sign-in every day at the jail.

The state opposed the motion citing previous missed court dates in past years.

Orson Vue, Elijah's uncle, spoke briefly asking the judge to deny the motion.

Judge Robert Dewane denied the motion keeping her bond at $15,000. He mentioned not being able to control the situation if she was released and expressed concern for Baur's own safety.

A status conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. on May 28.
So, she's been required to go to court in the past and didn't show up? Who is surprised? not me

What gall to ask for a signature bond when there is a dead child even if not charged with murder. At least if I recall, I don't think they are. Maybe she should try offering up his body location, they can't process letting her out while they run find his body and then rearrest her for murder on the courthouse steps before she gets off the property. She might fall for that and LE would have his body. Evil b*tch!

Law enforcement expand search efforts for missing Wisconsin toddler Elijah Vue​

Authorities have broadened their search for missing Wisconsin toddler Elijah Vue, police announced Friday, as they encouraged participation in "coordinated and legally permissible search efforts."

No major developments have taken place since mid-March, when a blanket belonging to the toddler was found approximately 3.7 miles from where he was last seen.

Well ask mommy dearest and boot camp abuser nicely. Maybe they will come clean.

I am beyond disgusted.

by: Indiana Schilz
Posted: May 7, 2024 / 03:14 PM CDT
Updated: May 7, 2024 / 03:16 PM CDT

TWO RIVERS, Wis. (WFRV) – The Two Rivers Police Department has posted another update on its social media regarding the continued search for missing three-year-old Elijah Vue.

According to Captain Andrew Raatz, Elijah Vue has not been found. Authorities took to social media to discuss recent rumors circulating throughout the community.

“Recently, rumors have been spread, primarily on social media, that we have not allowed an organization called Midwest EquuSearch to take part in search efforts,” said Raatz. “This is incorrect, misleading, and serves as a distraction away from our efforts to find Elijah.”

The Two Rivers Police Department says it has been in contact with multiple volunteer search organizations and continues to coordinate efforts.

“In our conversation with EquuSearch, we utilized their expertise, and they confirmed we are currently using the best technology and resources available,” added Raatz.

Authorities are reminding the community that no local, state, or federal agency has ever denied a volunteer organization the right to participate in a search or required our permission to engage in one.

These search groups and an immense amount of law enforcement resources have utilized the highest levels of technology and expertise available to find Vue. Nearly all these groups were either volunteer non-profit groups or funded through local, state, or federal taxpayer dollars.

“We have actively requested and encouraged the help of volunteers,” stated Raatz. “Referencing past media releases and news stories clearly attest to our call for volunteers. The only restriction to volunteer groups participating in any searches has been respecting private property, which is the same restriction we have as law enforcement.”

The search for Elijah Vue continues this week, with canine units conducting searches and using equestrian resources. Additionally, authorities continue to follow up on all tips and leads.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) continues to be the lead agency in this investigation, with help from investigators from the Two Rivers Police Department, the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office, and the FBI.

“We will continue to be the sole source of factual information in this investigation and will release more information as it becomes available,” concluded Raatz. “Thank you once again to our community, near and far, for all your efforts. Your support and assistance are greatly appreciated as we all strive to achieve our mission of finding Elijah.”

No additional details were provided.

Police address ‘rumors' in investigation into Elijah Vue disappearance​

It has been nearly three months since Wisconsin toddler Elijah Vue disappeared in a mystery that continues to spur headlines, but in a recent update, authorities said while Elijah remains missing, they wanted to clear up some "rumors" about the case.

In a social media post last week, Captain Andrew Raatz with the Two River Police Department said the search for Elijah remains ongoing, but allegations that the department has stopped a particular group from taking part in the search efforts are untrue.

"Recently rumors have been spread, primarily on social media, that we have not allowed an organization called Midwest EquuSearch to take part in search efforts. This is incorrect, misleading and serves as a distraction away from our efforts to find Elijah," Raatz said. "We have been in contact with many volunteer search organizations, as we work hand in hand to coordinate efforts. In our conversation with EquuSearch we utilized their expertise and they confirmed we are currently using the best technology and resources available."

Raatz said "at not time has any local, state of federal agency denied a volunteer organization from participating in any search" and noted that numerous other groups have taken part in the massive efforts.

"We have actively requested and encouraged the help of volunteers. Referencing past media releases and news stories clearly attest to our call for volunteers. The only restrictions to volunteer groups participating in any searches has been respecting private property, which is the same restriction we have as law enforcement," Raatz wrote.

EquuSearch Midwest also weighed in on the post, saying it "has been in contact with Two Rivers Police Department in regards to Elijah Vue."

"Even though we appreciate everyone's support of our organization's search abilities, after speaking with law enforcement, they have utilized the search efforts and resources that our team would have used," the group said. "Be assured they are continuing to investigate Elijah's disappearance and have assured us that if our assistance is needed they will contact us to help bring Elijah home. This is a heartbreaking situation, and please do not lose focus that all everyone wants is for Elijah to be brought home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegrisomnias
Back