FL DELIA YOUNG: Missing from Gainesville, FL - 14 May 2021 - Age 13 *Found Deceased*

Delia-Young.jpg

A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Delia Young.
She was last seen in the area of the 3200 block of Northwest 142nd Avenue in Gainesville on May 14.
The teen is described as being 4-feet and 2-inches tall. She weighs 75 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Authorities say she was last seen wearing blue pajamas with images of white stars, circular blue sunglasses, and carrying a pink purse with an image of a white unicorn and rainbow on it.

MEDIA - DELIA YOUNG: Missing from Gainesville, FL since 14 May 2021 - Age 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I could access records IF they were available and have been able to since Janiya Thomas was murdered by her mother in 2015. Florida has very different statutes regarding public access and you just have to know where to look.
So what is your opinion then of why they are not listed? Is the person at the school telling the truth or did the agency not look into the issue/complaint and it was ignored?

The Grand Jury determined there was enough evidence to charge Marian Williams, 57, and Valerie Young, 52, in the death of 13-year-old Delia Young. The child was reported missing on May 15th and her body was found discarded in a field on June 2nd. Delia’s guardian, Marian Williams, was arrested after confessing that the girl was dead and accusing her sister, Valerie Young of beating the child.

Both Williams and Young are charged with first-degree murder, two counts of neglect of a child with great bodily harm, tampering with physical evidence, resisting arrest without violence, and false reports to law enforcement authorities regarding a capital felony. No bond is issued.

TV20 has the 911 call from Delia Young’s aunt, Valerie Young, who reported Delia missing​

It was the day after May 15, Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies sent out the missing child alert for 13-year-old Delia Young, when her aunt, Valerie Young, called 9-1-1 to also report Delia missing.

“The last time I saw her was 6:30 yesterday morning,” said Young to the dispatcher.

The 9-1-1 call was made the morning of May 16 where Young went through the moment she claims she last saw Delia, which doesn’t match the account of what her sister, Marian Williams told Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies.

“She’s done this times before ma’am.”

“And she was inside the bedroom and when I went in, when I went in like 7, it was 7 o’clock when I went in. 7 o’clock last night? No ma’am it was 6 o’clock yesterday, 6:30 yesterday because she sleep in on Saturday. We always sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays. We don’t go to church.”

The day Williams confessed to Delia’s death on May 27, is the same day Young turned herself into authorities.

“Do you think she could be with anyone? Or do you think she’s by herself?” said the dispatcher.

“I don’t know. I don’t know where she.. She said she had a boyfriend but I never met the guy,” responded Young.

Suspect in Delia Young’s killing sees trial pushed back​

Valerie Young was supposed to appear in court after she was charged in the killing of Delia Young but the trial was pushed back.

Young was set to face a judge on Monday, as she is charged with the aggravated manslaughter of her niece Delia Young, who was 13-years-old when deputies found her body this year.

The trial date was continued because the court was not ready for trial.

The new date is set for Sept. 20th.

Delia Young’s Aunt ruled “incompetent” for murder trial​

One of the two women charged in the death of Delia Young will not stand trial for now.

Alachua County court records show the girl’s Aunt Valerie Young has been ruled incompetent to stand trial.

A psychological examination had been sealed until July 14th, when a judge ruled Young’s various disorders rendered her intellectually disabled.

She will undergo competency training sessions and her case will be reviewed in six months.

Marian Williams has a court hearing in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back