IN CHILD DOE: BM, 5-8, found by mushroom hunters in "very secluded" area of Washington Co., IN - 16 April 2022 *CAIRO JORDAN*

Attachments

• 1650237372115.png
    1650237372115.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
According to Sgt. Carey Huls of the Indiana State Police (ISP), the child died from an electrolyte imbalance, most likely due to gastroenteritis, which he said, in common language terms, would be vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration.

The toxicology report showed now foreign substances in his system, and he had no significant external injuries, according to Huls. He was found clean and clothed, and there is no indication he was placed in the suitcase alive.

The official autopsy report attributes the child’s death to “electrolyte imbalance”. The report also states the imbalance was likely from “a viral gastroenteritis” and says the blood toxicology was “negative”. The report further states there was an “absence of significant traumatic injuries”, advising there was “no anatomical cause of death”.

Investigators are not ruling out the possibility that the child could be from out of state or even out of the country.

So what? This child sounds to be cared for and died from an illness? Why not report it? Custody dispute wild guessing?
Really does sound like he contracted an illness and did not receive proper care and passed away.

Could be a custody dispute, but I feel like whoever the other parent would be should have filed a report by now? Undocumented? Family with a history of CPS involvement that doesn't want them involved again? Foster/adopted child? "Off-the-grid" type homeschool kiddo?

Reminds me of little Decatur John Doe. About the same age, but still unidentified after more than 20 years.

Really does sound like he contracted an illness and did not receive proper care and passed away.

Could be a custody dispute, but I feel like whoever the other parent would be should have filed a report by now? Undocumented? Family with a history of CPS involvement that doesn't want them involved again? Foster/adopted child? "Off-the-grid" type homeschool kiddo?

Reminds me of little Decatur John Doe. About the same age, but still unidentified after more than 20 years.

I suppose it is most likely illness however when I hear dehydration I also think of sweating and things like the hot car deaths, a trunk death, etc. I also think of lack of hydration and food and neglect.

They have mentioned the possibility of "out of country" twice now that I have seen. It could be an illegal situation. It also crossed my mind that maybe the child is wearing ethnic dress/clothing.

BBM. Yes. But it could also lead to a CORRECT tip. Like a facial reconstruction. And it's your job to sort through those tips. This whole "too many tips" and discouraging tips business is BS. Clearly just asking and waiting for the right person to come forward isn't working.

'This case is different': Police say boy found in suitcase died of electrolyte imbalance​

While his identity remains unknown, the boy found dead in a suitcase last month in Southern Indiana died due to an electrolyte imbalance, Indiana State Police announced Friday.

There were no signs of negligence or traumatic injuries, ISP Sgt. Carey Huls added at a press conference to announce the results of the autopsy, which was completed last week. But questions remain – Huls said investigators still have not been able to determine whether the child was dead or alive when he was placed in the suitcase, bearing a distinctive "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada" design painted on its shell.

The child was clean and clothed, Huls said, but police will not disclose the description of the clothing he was wearing as it could lead to an influx in incorrect tips. And either way, Huls said, "somebody knows something."

"He didn't put himself in that suitcase. Somebody did," Huls said. "... We're hoping we'll get that call that somebody has firsthand knowledge," Huls said. "Somebody out there has firsthand knowledge on what happened in the situation, because he did not show up in the woods on Holder Road in Washington County by himself. Somebody has information, and we need that person to come forward."

The electrolyte imbalance, Huls said, was "most likely caused by gastroenteritis, which in common laymans' terms would be vomiting and diarrhea. And that resulted in dehydration." Gastroenteritis can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites or medication, according to the Mayo Clinic. The toxicology report was negative.

"This case is different. I mean, this isn't a missing children's case where we have a child that we know exists," Huls said. "We have a child we know nothing about ... and nobody wants to come forward and say, 'I know this child, this is my child' or 'I know how this child got there.'"

Anyone with information about the case or the boy's identity is asked to call 1-888-437-6432.

The child will be buried next week after a funeral service that is being planned by the Washington County Sheriff's Department.

"This little boy wasn't respected in life and we, Washington County, want to make sure he's respected in death," Todd Murphy, the department's chaplain, said earlier this week.

BBM. Yes. But it could also lead to a CORRECT tip. Like a facial reconstruction. And it's your job to sort through those tips. This whole "too many tips" and discouraging tips business is BS. Clearly just asking and waiting for the right person to come forward isn't working.

'This case is different': Police say boy found in suitcase died of electrolyte imbalance​

While his identity remains unknown, the boy found dead in a suitcase last month in Southern Indiana died due to an electrolyte imbalance, Indiana State Police announced Friday.

There were no signs of negligence or traumatic injuries, ISP Sgt. Carey Huls added at a press conference to announce the results of the autopsy, which was completed last week. But questions remain – Huls said investigators still have not been able to determine whether the child was dead or alive when he was placed in the suitcase, bearing a distinctive "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada" design painted on its shell.

The child was clean and clothed, Huls said, but police will not disclose the description of the clothing he was wearing as it could lead to an influx in incorrect tips. And either way, Huls said, "somebody knows something."

"He didn't put himself in that suitcase. Somebody did," Huls said. "... We're hoping we'll get that call that somebody has firsthand knowledge," Huls said. "Somebody out there has firsthand knowledge on what happened in the situation, because he did not show up in the woods on Holder Road in Washington County by himself. Somebody has information, and we need that person to come forward."

The electrolyte imbalance, Huls said, was "most likely caused by gastroenteritis, which in common laymans' terms would be vomiting and diarrhea. And that resulted in dehydration." Gastroenteritis can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites or medication, according to the Mayo Clinic. The toxicology report was negative.

"This case is different. I mean, this isn't a missing children's case where we have a child that we know exists," Huls said. "We have a child we know nothing about ... and nobody wants to come forward and say, 'I know this child, this is my child' or 'I know how this child got there.'"

Anyone with information about the case or the boy's identity is asked to call 1-888-437-6432.

The child will be buried next week after a funeral service that is being planned by the Washington County Sheriff's Department.

"This little boy wasn't respected in life and we, Washington County, want to make sure he's respected in death," Todd Murphy, the department's chaplain, said earlier this week.

Yeah, no tips is better than a lot of them.

I could know of a child and know I hadn't seen him recently but telling me what he was wearing wouldn't tell me it was him necessarily on any certain time or date so there is still to me something odd about the clothing, lack of it, size of it, type of it that they won't provide the info? And I sure don't know why it would result in wrong tips unless something very specific like a specific school uniform or something or something like for instance a T-shirt with an event on it Disney on Ice 2021 or something (hypothetical) OR they think what he is dressed in is to purposely mislead people and LE.

It very much bothers me that it also says above that they aren't sure if he was placed in the suitcase alive or dead. I would think they could have determined that...

I could know of a child and know I hadn't seen him recently but telling me what he was wearing wouldn't tell me it was him necessarily on any certain time or date so there is still to me something odd about the clothing, lack of it, size of it, type of it that they won't provide the info? And I sure don't know why it would result in wrong tips unless something very specific like a specific school uniform or something or something like for instance a T-shirt with an event on it Disney on Ice 2021 or something (hypothetical) OR they think what he is dressed in is to purposely mislead people and LE.

It very much bothers me that it also says above that they aren't sure if he was placed in the suitcase alive or dead. I would think they could have determined that...
That's a good point. They said the electrolyte imbalance killed him. But if he was put in the suitcase alive he would have suffocated.

That's a good point. They said the electrolyte imbalance killed him. But if he was put in the suitcase alive he would have suffocated.
Yeah when I heard the cause of death things like hot car deaths came to mind and then when it said that about being unsure with regard to dead or alive when placed in the case, well the same kind of thoughts came to mind as to what caused this dehydration/electrolyte imbalance. They act almost like it was a natural death and in a way it would be I guess but if someone's acts caused it then it still is foul play, neglect, etc. I seriously doubt someone hid his body because they were innocent as to how he came to die...

Yeah when I heard the cause of death things like hot car deaths came to mind and then when it said that about being unsure with regard to dead or alive when placed in the case, well the same kind of thoughts came to mind as to what caused this dehydration/electrolyte imbalance. They act almost like it was a natural death and in a way it would be I guess but if someone's acts caused it then it still is foul play, neglect, etc. I seriously doubt someone hid his body because they were innocent as to how he came to die...
Yes. I completely agree with you.

Yes. I completely agree with you.
I can only guess they are downplaying it as much as possible as to sound like it isn't murder or neglect so that the culprit comes forward thinking they can give a story and not be in as much trouble... Oh my child died of an illness and I panicked... If that's the case it isn't working and I don't think it is going to work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back