Australia WILLIAM TYRRELL: Missing from Kendall, NSW, Australia - 12 Sept 2014 - Age 3

1654728453923.png1582695999727.png 1582696016313.png

William Tyrrell (born 26 June 2011) is an Australian boy who disappeared at the age of 3 from Kendall, New South Wales, on 12 September 2014. He had been playing at his foster grandmother's house with his sister, and was wearing a Spider-Man suit at the time of his disappearance.[2] Tyrrell is believed to have been abducted.[3][4][5][6]

Despite extensive investigations, as of 21 June 2019, five years after his disappearance, Tyrrell has not been found, or his abductor(s) identified. On 12 September 2016, two years after his disappearance, a reward of A$1 million was offered for the recovery of William and does not require the arrest, charging or conviction of any person or persons.[7]

William Tyrrell fifth anniversary of disappearance, questions on police handling

Today marks five years since William Tyrrell vanished without a trace from his foster grandmother's home, and questions are now being asked about a witness who claims to have seen him.

On September 12, 2014, about 10.15am, William went missing from the home in Kendall on NSW's mid north coast when he went to play in the yard.

Now, on the anniversary of the disappearance, police have launched a new hotline directly into the coroner's office, which is investigating.

But journalist Caroline Overington, who has closely followed the case and started the podcast Nowhere Child, has now spoken on William's foster mother publicly attacking police, saying they don't have any real leads.

"The investigation is now five years old and they don't have any real leads and there is no forensic evidence collected," she told Seven's Sunrise on Thursday.

"No trace of William has been found - not even a shoe or a hair or any sign that he was ever really here, and that is frustrating.

"But the police can't always tell you what they're doing.

"They always have something going on in the background."

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited:
It must be as bad there as it can be here sometimes. Here is a guy that has had 90 convictions and was looked at. Why are people like that out of prison? Smh. And a part of a grandparents as parents group?? I would like to know more about the children's situation, how long they had been with the foster parents, etc. but that is unlikely I guess. This is also from Wikipedia:

[Two persons of interest in the case, both convicted child sex offenders, may have met up on the day Tyrrell vanished. The family of one paedophile, who had 90 convictions against his name including aggravated indecent assault of a minor, said he was going to visit another child sex offender on that day and returned home drunk that afternoon. But he told police he spent that day in the bush collecting scrap metal. It was reported that both men lived in the Kendall area and had been driving vehicles that matched the description of the grey sedan and white station wagon that had been seen near the Tyrrell house around the time he disappeared. They also had been members of an organisation called GAPA (Grandparents As Parents Again) and were friends.[18] The pair have both been questioned by the police and they categorically denied being friends, or having any involvement in the disappearance.[19][20]

Another man who repaired a washing machine at Tyrrell's home is facing[needs update] unrelated historical child sex charges in Victoria and was due to appear in court on 4 July 2016. The police had charged the man with multiple child sexual offences, including various counts of indecent assault and sexual intercourse with children between 1983 and 1985 in Victoria. The man posted an online video in September 2015 denying any involvement in the Tyrrell disappearance and that he had been to the Tyrrell home on 9 and 18 September but not to that street on 12 September, the day Tyrrell disappeared.[21][22][23]]

Mother who 'used pay phones to call William Tyrrell's foster dad 14 times in one day and accuse him of kidnapping the missing toddler' is charged

A woman who allegedly harassed the foster dad of missing youngster William Tyrrell in a barrage of 'threatening' phone calls last week has been charged.

Police will allege Dubbo woman Lisa Watmore bombarded the man with 14 'threatening' calls within eight hour period between 1pm and 9pm from a number of different pay phones in central west New South Wales on February 24.

'The 51-year-old woman was arrested at Dubbo Police Station on Thursday and charged with use carriage service to menace/harass/offend,' a NSW Police spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia.

Watmore was bailed to appear in Dubbo Local Court on May 6.

It is unknown how Watmore was able to find a phone number for William's foster father, whose name is suppressed by the court.

Mother who 'used pay phones to call William Tyrrell's foster dad 14 times in one day and accuse him of kidnapping the missing toddler' is charged

A woman who allegedly harassed the foster dad of missing youngster William Tyrrell in a barrage of 'threatening' phone calls last week has been charged.

Police will allege Dubbo woman Lisa Watmore bombarded the man with 14 'threatening' calls within eight hour period between 1pm and 9pm from a number of different pay phones in central west New South Wales on February 24.

'The 51-year-old woman was arrested at Dubbo Police Station on Thursday and charged with use carriage service to menace/harass/offend,' a NSW Police spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia.

Watmore was bailed to appear in Dubbo Local Court on May 6.

It is unknown how Watmore was able to find a phone number for William's foster father, whose name is suppressed by the court.

I suppose they had to arrest her, interesting however that she thinks the foster "father" kidnapped the child...

'I'm sure it was William Tyrrell', witness tells missing boy inquest

A man living in the NSW town where toddler William Tyrrell was last seen is "sure" he saw the boy in the back of a fast-moving car, a court has heard.

The inquest into the three-year-old's 2014 disappearance resumed in Taree on Monday.

Kendall resident Ronald Chapman was questioned about his claim that he saw a young boy wearing a Spider-Man suit the day William went missing in September 2014.

Mr Chapman was asked whether it was possible he had mistaken the boy - in the back seat of a white Toyota Landcruiser that went by his home - for the grandson of a neighbour who also owned a Spider-Man suit.

"I'm sure it was William Tyrrell that was in the vehicle," he told the NSW Coroners Court.

"He just had his hands up on the window and was looking. His face wasn't pressed against the glass but he was very close to the glass.

"He didn't seem distressed or upset. Whether he knew the person I don't know."

The Toyota was followed by a "light blue" and "fairly large" sedan, he said.

"I wouldn't know what make of vehicle but a six-cylinder because he really had his foot down when he cut the corner," Mr Chapman said.

"He had almost two wheels on the grass, he had cut the corner that much that had there been another vehicle (coming the other way) they would have had a head-on collision."

Mr Chapman said he didn't know William at the time but recognised him after seeing a TV news report about the boy's disappearance.

He stated he was "the worst in the world" at telling the makes of cars but later saw a Toyota Landcruiser while stopped at roadworks.

The inquest continues.

William Tyrrell inquest: ‘I know the difference between a dead kangaroo and a human smell’

Convicted pedophile Frank Abbott, 79, told neighbours that he could detect a “bad smell” coming from the bush around the time William Tyrrell disappeared, according to evidence given on Thursday, during an inquest into the boy’s disappearance.

The smell was “not a kangaroo” he insisted.

Neighbours urged him to go to police, but he refused. He bragged instead of once “getting off” on a murder charge, and told them: “If there’s something up there, I’ll get blamed for it.”

“There were other comments, the smell one was another strange one, he kept going on about the bad smell around Logan’s Crossing.

“We said it’s probably a dead kangaroo and he said, ‘I know the difference between a dead kangaroo and a human smell’.

“I said how would you know what a dead human smells like, because I certainly didn’t.”

The inquest is continuing.

William Tyrrell: Inquest hears startling claim missing toddler was buried in suitcase

The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell has heard allegations two boys knew a person of interest was responsible and had buried the three-year-old in a suitcase.

A female given the pseudonym Tanya told the court two boys were sitting with her in a bedroom when one made a startling claim in 2018, four years after William went missing.

The court was told the boy said, "I know who killed William."

He indicated it was Frank Abbott and that he "had him in a suitcase and they had seen the suitcase". "He was dead but they hadn't seen the body," she said. He also told Tanya they had been warned "if they told anyone then their mum's neck could get snapped."

Asked by Counsel Assisting if the other boy was getting cross and trying to stop him speaking, Tanya replied "yes".

1584293006261.png

Police search for Tyrrell in bushland near paedophile's home

Police are scouring bushland around Herons Creek close to where convicted paedophile Frank Abbott was living at the time William Tyrrell disappeared.

On Monday, Strike Force Rosann officers, riot police and the SES returned to bushland in Herons Creek with the search expected to continue until Thursday.

The Herald has been told that the search, near the property where Abbott was living at the time of William's disappearance, is a continuation of the coroner's order to search the bushland for any clues and not as a result of new information.

The inquest is set to resume in October.

A person of interest in the disappearance of William Tyrrell is back in the spotlight as investigators scour a site close to where a hitch-hiking paedophile once lived.
Frank Abbott, 79, was increasingly under scrutiny by the inquest into the disappearance of Australia’s most famous missing boy, before it was interrupted by the coronavirus.
Now that focus has returned, with police and SES volunteers launching a four-day search of bushland near Herons Creek, on the New South Wales north coast, on Monday.
Abbott lived in a caravan in the area when William, three, vanished from nearby Kendall on September 12, 2014.
So who is he? And why is there a cloud over the prisoner, when other persons of interests have been named and discounted before?
There’s little doubt that the caravan-dwelling local handyman is an unsavory character.
He was previously accused at the inquest of bestiality with a neighbour’s black Labrador.
The inquest also heard evidence that Abbott had repeatedly boasted about how he ‘beat’ a murder charge in the 1990s.
In the 1990s, Abbott stood trial twice over the 1968 disappearance of a 17-year-old girl, Helen Mary Harrison.
A first jury failed to reach a verdict, and a second acquitted him. Miss Harrison’s killer was never found.
Abbott is already likely to die in prison, having been locked up in recent years over an unrelated conviction.
But a series of statements given to the inquest have raised questions about what, if anything, he knows about William’s disappearance.
At the same time, the site where Abbott was living has been searched by NSW Police at least twice.
He was questioned in custody last November, but no charges have been laid.
In March, the inquest heard evidence about a chilling confession made by Abbott’s ‘fishing buddy’, Ray Porter.
It has also heard about bizarre remarks Abbott had allegedly made about the smell of a dead body and the search for William.
Tradesman Dean Anderson told the inquest in a statement: ‘Frank made a comment that he felt they were searching a wrong spot for William Tyrrell.
‘It seemed to be a very strange comment to make.

Much more at link------------------------> Why William Tyrrell investigators are looking at Frank Abbott as new search begins | Brinkwire

No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears​

The man in charge of the William Tyrrell investigation says no one has been eliminated as being involved in the three-year-old's disappearance.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.

"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."

That includes elderly neighbour Paul Savage, convicted sex offender Frank Abbott and even those closest to William.

Giving evidence for the first time today, the lead investigator revealed he was one of only five investigators still on Strike Force Roseanne, down from 26 at its height.

He said while that was "sufficient", he would also welcome more resources.

The inquest is expected to finish tomorrow after the coroner hears from both William Tyrrell's biological and foster families.

No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears​

The man in charge of the William Tyrrell investigation says no one has been eliminated as being involved in the three-year-old's disappearance.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.

"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."

That includes elderly neighbour Paul Savage, convicted sex offender Frank Abbott and even those closest to William.

Giving evidence for the first time today, the lead investigator revealed he was one of only five investigators still on Strike Force Roseanne, down from 26 at its height.

He said while that was "sufficient", he would also welcome more resources.

The inquest is expected to finish tomorrow after the coroner hears from both William Tyrrell's biological and foster families.
My brain can't help but go to a certain place when foster care or an adoption is involved. I certainly do not mean all people but when the child ends up missing or dead, quite often... I liken it to looking at a spouse or significant other first in a case... Or a parent or stepparent. It just statistically is often the case... Not always, but often.

My brain can't help but go to a certain place when foster care or an adoption is involved. I certainly do not mean all people but when the child ends up missing or dead, quite often... I liken it to looking at a spouse or significant other first in a case... Or a parent or stepparent. It just statistically is often the case... Not always, but often.
I've been clueless on this case all along. I had a theory a long time ago, but I think that my POI was cleared.

I've been clueless on this case all along. I had a theory a long time ago, but I think that my POI was cleared.
And then it is Australia and inquests are not something we see here very often or at least that I know much about. I note the end of it is going to be the bio family and then foster family. I have no idea what that means or if it means anything at all. Or whether it will bring any answers at all. I take it to mean they can all be drilled or questioned? Maybe somewhat like a grand jury? They question the neighbor, the sex offender, the families and anyone and everyone...? To try to get answers or a direction?

From what I'm reading, grand juries aren't used in Australia except for maybe in Victoria. This case is in New South Wales.

Interesting read.

I have not followed too many cases in Australia but I did read and follow Libby Shire's and I know there were more than a few inquests into it... I have not kept up with it though in some time. Their eyes were on a Polish man... I don't know that it compares to a grand jury but it sounds as if they can ask questions of people, etc. One day I need to look into it more. It is like Canada where I have probably followed a few more there and it is interesting our different legal systems, etc. But then here in the states, having a clue of one state's ways versus another's is confusing enough sometimes to me lol.

Interesting read.

I have not followed too many cases in Australia but I did read and follow Libby Shire's and I know there were more than a few inquests into it... I have not kept up with it though in some time. Their eyes were on a Polish man... I don't know that it compares to a grand jury but it sounds as if they can ask questions of people, etc. One day I need to look into it more. It is like Canada where I have probably followed a few more there and it is interesting our different legal systems, etc. But then here in the states, having a clue of one state's ways versus another's is confusing enough sometimes to me lol.
I used to wade deep into Australia cases when Marlywings was enjoying crime forums. I haven't seen @Lily around since our 2020 website crash, either. :(

William Tyrrell inquest finishes 18 months of evidence with emotional gift from foster family​

It was a poignant gift that triggered an eerie silence throughout the courtroom and tears from police, a former homicide detective, lawyers, reporters and those who loved William Tyrrell.

A black book of never-before-seen photographs of the three-year-old boy was handed to Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame at the conclusion of an inquest into his disappearance.

His slightly older sister was the last person to see the boy in the Spider-Man suit — one minute they were playing "tigers" on the lawn of their foster grandmother's home in Kendall on the NSW Mid-North Coast, the next he was gone.

She cannot remember what happened and now, aged 10, she no longer remembers him at all.

"The photobooks are his memories — they show you the innocence and love his sister and him have for each other," their foster mother told the NSW Coroner's Court.

The inquest closed on Thursday and Deputy State Coroner Grahame will review more than 18 months of evidence before handing down her findings mid-way through next year.

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother dies​

The foster grandmother of William Tyrrell has died, never having found out what happened to her grandson.

William's grandmother – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was one of the last people to see her grandson alive before he went missing from her backyard in Kendall in September 2014.

Speaking on 2GB's Ben Fordham Live this morning, former police officer and lead detective on the case Gary Jubelin said William's grandmother wished she knew more before she died.

"It would have given her a great deal of comfort before her passing if she had some answers on what happened to William," he said.

r0_0_4500_6000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

A search that has not wavered since September 12, 2014 has failed to uncover any trace of the boy, but investigators leading the strike force to find answers believe the truth rests with a predator who abducted him.
The evidence and hundreds of interviews with witnesses and persons of interest to date have built the case that William was taken by someone who now holds a very closely guarded secret that needs to be revealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back