MI VICKY SALISZ: Missing from Charlevoix County, MI - 15 April 1988 - Age 69

full

Sheriff, FBI renew investigation into decades-old Charlevoix County missing persons case

Vicky Salisz was last seen leaving her work at Pippens Restaurant in Boyne City she never showed up for work again and a co-worker reported her missing a week later. I find it interesting that her son and the sons' girlfriend who also lived on the farm with her did not report her missing they told authorities that they had not seen or and didn't think anything about her absence. However, her car was found in the driveway with the keys still in the ignition, her purse, drivers license and all other personal belongings were found inside the house. There is a $5,000 reward for information leading to her remains and the conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh yeah that definitely sounds fishy. Here are some additional links:

Authorities believe Victoria's son, Stephen Salisz Jr., may know more than he has said about what happened to his mother. In January 1991, a grand jury began investigating Victoria's disappearance, and Stephen was called to testify. He refused to appear in court and dropped out of sight with his girlfriend, Beth Webb. They armed themselves with weapons including homemade grenades and left on their mountain bikes.

Stephen was held in contempt for his non-appearance in court. In February, the police found him and Webb and when they tried to arrest them, the couple attacked them. Stephen and Webb were arrested after a one-hour standoff and later convicted of numerous charges, including assault and resisting arrests. They served time in prison, but never offered any information on Victoria's disappearance.

Did not show up for grand jury and took off with weapons, grenades and mountain bikes?? WTH? And then attacked police? Where does a person get grenades?? Never mind, I don't need nor want to know...

As for the case, who attacks a 69 year old woman likely at home without robbery or a financial motive? Pretty rare I bet other than those motives... I don't really see or imagine much personal vendetta or many enemies towards a 69 year old bus person/waitress apparently working hard to make ends meet... So it is strange she did not remove her purse from her car, did something happen upon arrival...? I don't see her leaving with anyone to go to Detroit, no 69 year old is going anywhere without her purse... If it is staged, it was staged by someone stupid... Mountain bikes and grenades sound a bit stupid and bizarre to me... No accusation, just sayin'...

Her family suggested she may have went to Detroit but her car is at home with keys in the car, purse in it, etc.? Really? Who do they mean by family, this very same son again?

I would really like to know more about the situation. I am just logically assuming she was not wealthy, she was working hard, she had some missing teeth, that is not a knock but just guessing but this does not mean she did not have assets and still worked hard, like perhaps ownership of the property the son and gf lived on...?

I would also like to know if they worked and where or did she work to support their arses too? I sure hope a grenade carrying couple have no children... It doesn't sound like it as I heard nothing about children on mountain bikes...

Did not show up for grand jury and took off with weapons, grenades and mountain bikes?? WTH? And then attacked police? Where does a person get grenades?? Never mind, I don't need nor want to know...

As for the case, who attacks a 69 year old woman likely at home without robbery or a financial motive? Pretty rare I bet other than those motives... I don't really see or imagine much personal vendetta or many enemies towards a 69 year old bus person/waitress apparently working hard to make ends meet... So it is strange she did not remove her purse from her car, did something happen upon arrival...? I don't see her leaving with anyone to go to Detroit, no 69 year old is going anywhere without her purse... If it is staged, it was staged by someone stupid... Mountain bikes and grenades sound a bit stupid and bizarre to me... No accusation, just sayin'...

Her family suggested she may have went to Detroit but her car is at home with keys in the car, purse in it, etc.? Really? Who do they mean by family, this very same son again?

I would really like to know more about the situation. I am just logically assuming she was not wealthy, she was working hard, she had some missing teeth, that is not a knock but just guessing but this does not mean she did not have assets and still worked hard, like perhaps ownership of the property the son and gf lived on...?

I would also like to know if they worked and where or did she work to support their arses too? I sure hope a grenade carrying couple have no children... It doesn't sound like it as I heard nothing about children on mountain bikes...
Seems like she was too kind to them and they didn't deserve it.

Unsolved: The Victoria Salisz Case​

But 33 years later, there remains no sign of Vicky.

“Well, we’ve interviewed all of the family members that we could to try and anything that was happening with in the family. Anytime a possibility has come up where there is even the slightest possibility where we might be able to find any kind of forensic evidence, or her body or body parts, we have search,” said Lt. Wheat.

The sheriff’s office announced in October of 2020, the FBI was getting involved in the case, even offering a $5,000 reward for information that helps solve the case.

And that has led to several promising new leads.

“I think because of the things that we have learned in the last year and a half, either through interviews or contacts with various people and family members, I think that we probably have as good or better of a chance of solving this as we ever have had,” said Wheat.

“It would bring satisfaction in that we resolved the case, knowing Vicky, she deserves a proper burial, she was a good gal, she lived her life very well, she deserves better than what’s happened to her,” said Vondra.

If you know anything that can help them in their investigation they encourage you to contact the sheriff’s office at 231-675-1541 or wheatm@charlevoixcounty.org or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI or go to FBI.GOV/TIPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back