MI UNNAMED BOY: Missing from Clinton County, MI - 9 Oct 2023 - Age 2 *Found Deceased*

1696960248159.png
Search continues for missing non-verbal 3-year-old in Clinton County
Dozens of volunteers are searching Clinton County Tuesday morning after police said that despite their best efforts to find him on Monday, they have been unable to find a missing 3-year-old boy.

The boy has autism and is non-verbal, the Clinton County Sheriff's Office said.

Just before 2 p.m. on Monday, October 9, central dispatch received a call of a missing child on South Bauer Road, just north of Clark Road in Watertown Township.

The boy walked away from his residence and has not been seen since, according to officials.

Search and rescue operations continued at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, October 10, and the Sheriff’s Office said they are not taking any new volunteers to help to the premises.

If you live in the area, officials are asking residents to check outbuildings, vehicles, and security cameras for the boy.

The missing child is reported to be a climber and could be in a tree or any other elevated structure

Focus of search for missing Lansing area boy moves to Looking Glass River​

Volunteers from across Michigan were searching Tuesday morning for a boy who disappeared from a South Bauer Road home shortly after 2 p.m. Monday, the Clinton County sheriff said at a press conference at the Watertown Township hall.

By late Tuesday morning, the search's focus had moved to the Looking Glass River, Sheriff Sean Dush said.

Dush said the disappearance of the boy, whose name he did not provide, is considered a missing person case and not an abduction, he said. Dush said he was not releasing the boy's name, who is autistic and non-verbal, because he had not obtained permission from the family.

While Michigan State Police and other officials had initially reported various ages for the boy, Dush said he is a 2-year-old.

The boy was at home in the 13000 block of South Bauer Road when a babysitter took a shower Monday afternoon. About 10 minutes later, Dush said, the babysitter noticed the boy was gone, briefly searched and then called 911 about 2 p.m.

Dush said the boy was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt with dinosaurs on it, a pair of shorts with shark images and no shoes. He was seen walking north on Bauer Road near at Avalon and Riverside drives, both south of the Looking Glass River.

“The child is small, small, we don’t know how far he can make it, but he did go at least a half mile," Dush said. "We have witnesses that saw the child north of the home and were shown pictures as well to confirm that was indeed him.”

Dush said dive teams had searched several area ponds and were turning their attention to the Looking Glass River, which runs near the child's home. In addition, a Michigan State Police helicopter with thermal imaging, and drones have been involved in the search.

Dush did not take questions, saying time is essential in the search for the child, but said there would be further updates this afternoon.

'Think about the family, pray for the family': Authorities find body of Clinton County boy​

A dive team found the body of the missing 3-year-old Clinton County boy in the Looking Glass River on Tuesday, the Clinton Clinton County sheriff said.

Law enforcement agencies and volunteers joined the search for the boy, who disappeared from his home Monday, officials said.

He was found in the Looking Glass River, west of Bauer Road, Dush said. He was found about 4 p.m., WLNS' report said.

He said the Sheriff's Office doesn't "suspect foul play at all," but an autopsy is likely.

This is tragic and I mean nothing against anyone I am going to mention with some questions here but they are questions that should have answers.

First, it certainly isn't on them but I have thought this in other cases, if I saw a TWO year old without supervision outside alone I'd do something. Take or get him in and safe and just take him home, call the parents, call authorities. A 5 year old would trigger the same thoughts but a 2 year old for sure. Who are these witnesses who saw him?

Second is this like a paid babysitter? Who showers at your home in the middle of the afternoon with a two year old awake who has autism? Do not get me wrong, I wouldn't judge like parents or a single parent who has to fit in a shower some time but this is said to be a sitter. She is there to do a job not use your shower. Or is some bf of a parent or gf of a parent being called a "sitter"? Was the child sleeping or contained and thought to be safe? Or awake and sitter just decides to take an afternoon shower during her work shift?

I am in NO WAY blaming anyone or thinking foul play necessarily but these are legitimate questions.

I feel they should be answered just to teach and to show what can happen and how quickly and to SHOW this was a legitimate sighting by trustworthy witnesses and his last proof of life like in ALL child cases needs to be shown.

So the child gets out and heads straight for a river. I know, water is attractive and don't need to be told that but someone is showering, someone else sees him and doesn't stop him, do anything, lets a two year old wander on, and that's it, he gets there, goes in and dies.

Smh.

Yeah I do think it calls for a bit more explanation. Am I alone in that?

This is tragic and I mean nothing against anyone I am going to mention with some questions here but they are questions that should have answers.

First, it certainly isn't on them but I have thought this in other cases, if I saw a TWO year old without supervision outside alone I'd do something. Take or get him in and safe and just take him home, call the parents, call authorities. A 5 year old would trigger the same thoughts but a 2 year old for sure. Who are these witnesses who saw him?

Second is this like a paid babysitter? Who showers at your home in the middle of the afternoon with a two year old awake who has autism? Do not get me wrong, I wouldn't judge like parents or a single parent who has to fit in a shower some time but this is said to be a sitter. She is there to do a job not use your shower. Or is some bf of a parent or gf of a parent being called a "sitter"? Was the child sleeping or contained and thought to be safe? Or awake and sitter just decides to take an afternoon shower during her work shift?

I am in NO WAY blaming anyone or thinking foul play necessarily but these are legitimate questions.

I feel they should be answered just to teach and to show what can happen and how quickly and to SHOW this was a legitimate sighting by trustworthy witnesses and his last proof of life like in ALL child cases needs to be shown.

So the child gets out and heads straight for a river. I know, water is attractive and don't need to be told that but someone is showering, someone else sees him and doesn't stop him, do anything, lets a two year old wander on, and that's it, he gets there, goes in and dies.

Smh.

Yeah I do think it calls for a bit more explanation. Am I alone in that?
I can't believe people actually saw an unattended, very obviously a toddler, and did nothing! ??????????? It sounds like it was more than one person, too! What is wrong with these people??

Yes, I think it was a girlfriend/boyfriend that was in charge of babysitting duties. That would make the shower story make much more sense and likely than a "babysitter" was. By taking a shower in the home while watching a toddler, most would certainly assume they live in that home. Otherwise, if I'm paying somebody from outside the home to watch my kid, they can take a shower on their own time. I do get that people need to shower that have toddlers and in that moment stuff can happen. i totally get that and am thankful nothing much ever happened to my kids when I showered or ran downstairs to throw a load of laundry around, or fixing a meal, but would be pretty peeved if someone from outside the household and was known that they were to be in charge of my kid decided to take a shower on MY time.

IF the taking a shower story is true, I think I am more POd at the people that saw an unattended toddler than I am of a person taking a shower. No. I know I am!

I can't believe people actually saw an unattended, very obviously a toddler, and did nothing! ??????????? It sounds like it was more than one person, too! What is wrong with these people??

Yes, I think it was a girlfriend/boyfriend that was in charge of babysitting duties. That would make the shower story make much more sense and likely than a "babysitter" was. By taking a shower in the home while watching a toddler, most would certainly assume they live in that home. Otherwise, if I'm paying somebody from outside the home to watch my kid, they can take a shower on their own time. I do get that people need to shower that have toddlers and in that moment stuff can happen. i totally get that and am thankful nothing much ever happened to my kids when I showered or ran downstairs to throw a load of laundry around, or fixing a meal, but would be pretty peeved if someone from outside the household and was known that they were to be in charge of my kid decided to take a shower on MY time.
If I had to take a shower while caring for my toddler grandson, I would do it when he's asleep in his crib. If he wakes up, he's in a safe place.

If I had to take a shower while caring for my toddler grandson, I would do it when he's asleep in his crib. If he wakes up, he's in a safe place.
My toddlers didn't take a nap. If they did, they would not go to sleep at night. it was a pick your battles thing. They never were sleepers, so it wasn't that they were just being stubborn. My solution to the problem was to put them in the shower with me :giggling: They loved playing in the water and I got a more peaceful shower in the long run that way. Win win.

They were also climbers at a very young age and could climb out of the crib on their own before they were 1.

One of mine couldn't be held by a crib before the age of 1 as well or around then. I would sit one on the floor in the bathroom with toys, lock the door and get in the shower, constantly popping head out and talking throughout. This was IF awake and I absolutely had to have one before I'd have a chance later, etc. (like a doctor's appt, work, etc.) If asleep, I jumped in and got it done quick. You also can ensure the doors are locked (exterior or room--their room if asleep) and do what you can).

Regardless, that is IF the shower story is even true. Person could have been gone, asleep or anything for all we know.

What kind of people do nothing about a wandering toddler....? All I can figure is the

kind who have seen it many times before and tried to do something to no avail...?

As far as either showing or that, this boy was autistic and nonverbal, more reason to e extra concerned when taking a shower or anything else.

So to this day we have a boy who is now known to be dead who has never been named. Why is that?

Because "family" didn't give permission for him to be named apparently. Why isn't family named, etc.? Anyhow unless it was in a link I didn't read, we don't even know if he lived with two parents, one, none, etc. or was fostered and so on. We know he had a "sitter". Also don't know if any prior history here and so forth. Were doors locked, child asleep when shower first started, etc.? Imo it is NOT okay to not see some answers to these questions, even IF no one is named, those answers can be given. There is a dead child and I for one do not think it is okay to just say okay that's that and provide no answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helender
Back