Netherlands TANJA GROEN: Missing from Maastricht, Netherlands - 31 August 1993 - Age 18

arI8vCI.jpg

Tanja Afra Maria Groen Missing since August 31, 1993 from Maastricht, Netherlands.

Media - http://crimewatchers.net/index.php?...t-netherlands-since-31-august-1993-age-18.88/

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.1limburg.nl/sprankje-hoop-c ... ieuwe-tips

Glimmer of hope in the Tanja Groen cold case: sixty new tips

The police have received some sixty new tips in the old disappearance case of Tanja Groen. Justice and police confirm this to L1. The instructions came in after the excavation at the end of January, whereby Tanja was not found to many disappointments.

Concrete tip
On Wednesday, January 22, a grave was opened at a cemetery in the Maastricht district of Heugem. The cold case team was tipped that Tanja's body would be buried there. In the end that turned out not to be the case. However, the police indicate that the tip was concrete and extensively investigated. The next time the judiciary and police would again take such a chance, they say. 'Keep shaking'

The disappointment was great at the end of January, among both the researchers and the relatives. Now there is hope again. "It is very nice to continue working on the basis of a disappointing experience," says Peter R. de Vries, who assists the Groen family. "As long as you keep shaking the tree, something may fall out. I hope we can resolve this terrible drama quickly."

Sixty tips
now there are about sixty tips with the Limburg cold case investigators. At the moment, the team is busy checking all tips and calling back where necessary and possible. So far, there is no concrete new trace between these indications. It is the next chapter in the disappearance case that has been playing since 31 August 1993. Then student Tanja was last seen at a party in Maastricht's Herbenusstraat. She has never reached her student room in Gronsveld.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verdwijnin ... anja_Groen

Translated using Google translate.

The disappearance of Tanya Green concerns the Dutch disappearance case that revolved around the close of the summer of 1993 Maastricht missing 18-year old student Tanya Green. Green came from Schagen and would just start with the study health sciences. [1] Both Green and her bike, which disappeared simultaneously with her, were never found.

Tanja Afra Maria Green ( Schagen , June 23, 1975) disappeared on the night of August 31 to September 1, 1993 after a hazing party at the student association Circumflex in the center of Maastricht to her room in Gronsveld cycled. There she never arrived. The weekend after her disappearance she would go to her parents in Schagen.

Despite a thorough and prolonged quest for Green was there for years and there was nothing found so nothing is known about her fate. From the beginning, however, the police went out of crime. Concrete suspects were not there, was already being studied or could be established links with previously convicted murderers as William S. And Marc Dutroux.

In the summer of 2012 was, on the instructions of a dowser, a bike surfaced from the Meuse. He was not to be Green and the investigation was reattached. At the end of June 2014 human bones were found by a hiker in a field in Gronsveld. However, after an investigation by the Dutch Forensic Institute has shown that these bones are not from Green.

Hi, do you know if the bones found in a field in Gronsveld were ever identified? I'm just wondering about a possible connection with Tanja's case.

Hi, do you know if the bones found in a field in Gronsveld were ever identified? I'm just wondering about a possible connection with Tanja's case.

I don't know about bones found in a field. There was a recent tip to police that Tanja had been buried in a local cemetery. The cemetery was investigated, but Tanja's remains were not there.

The article you quoted in your post says that bones found in a Gronsveld field were not Tanja.

In the summer of 2012 was, on the instructions of a dowser, a bike surfaced from the Meuse. He was not to be Green and the investigation was reattached. At the end of June 2014 human bones were found by a hiker in a field in Gronsveld. However, after an investigation by the Dutch Forensic Institute has shown that these bones are not from Green.

I don't know about bones found in a field. There was a recent tip to police that Tanja had been buried in a local cemetery. The cemetery was investigated, but Tanja's remains were not there.

The article you quoted in your post says that bones found in a Gronsveld field were not Tanja.

I asked because it was stated in the article you posted and I understood they were not Tanja's. I thought "being into this case" you might be knowing more about it or researched if the bones were ever identified etc...You don't know...so that's ok.

I asked because it was stated in the article you posted and I understood they were not Tanja's. I thought "being into this case" you might be knowing more about it or researched if the bones were ever identified etc...You don't know...so that's ok.

I am not aware that the Dutch released the identity of the bones, if they knew who the bones belonged to, or if the police were permitted to release names. This is the address for the Maastricht Police Dept. Perhaps they would share the information with you.

Politie Limburg-Zuid
Address: Prins Bisschopsingel 53, 6212 AB Maastricht, Netherlands
Phone:+31 900 8844

Last edited:

Missing
Groen lived in Gronsveld when she disappeared in 1993. She disappeared that year on the night of August 31 to September 1 when she cycled back to her room in the village after a student party in Maastricht. Not a single trace of her has since been found. In 2012, the case was again the center of attention after a bicycle was found in the Maas after the tip of a dowser. That also yielded nothing in the end.

Nocturnal scream
Shortly after the missing person in 1993, the police also investigated the area around the field in Gronsveld. In the middle of the night a neighbor heard a scream. The police have never been able to determine whether it was an animal or a human scream.

42BcxKj.jpg

1592031806809.png

Tanja's route she would have taken when she left the campus party in Maastricht around midnight to cycle back to her student room in Gronsveld where she never arrived. This should have taken her approximately 25 mins. A neighbour in Gronsveld stated they heard a scream in the middle of the night but police have never been able to determine if it was animal or human.

Disappearance
The then 18-year-old freshman in health sciences disappeared on the night of August 31 to September 1, 1993 when she cycled back from a party at the student association Circumflex in Maastricht to her student room in Gronsveld. She never got there.

She was not missed until three days later, by her parents. Tanja had not come home by train at a quarter past two as agreed on Friday afternoon. Her parents called her landlord. "She was not at home. Her bag was still here, ”said the landlord, excited.

The route from the center of Maastricht to the village of Gronsveld, where Tanja lived in rooms on the Rijksweg, had long been known as unsafe and unpleasant. “Whether you go along the Maas, via a bicycle path along the national road or via a bicycle path along the A2: it contains dark, unlit areas. During the day such a thing is not noticeable, but when I first came along that road in the evening, I cycled very hard. We have also become very scared now, ”said students after the disappearance.

No broken relationship
Dozens of police officers, a helicopter and three tracking dogs scoured the entire area a few days after the missing , but to no avail. The police soon assumed a crime. " We take this seriously into account, because no trace of her has yet been found, but also in view of the statements of parents and students," said a spokesperson at the time.

“You can assume that Tanja was a serious student, who always kept her promises. She didn't seem to have any reason to stay away: no broken love relationship, no study that didn't go. ” A fellow student with whom the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad spoke at the time confirmed that: “ Tanja is a calm girl: does not drink, does not smoke, is very shy. Not someone who would do something crazy. ”

Description
After the disappearance, the two-hundred-member student association Circumflex distributed posters in the center of Maastricht with Tanja's description. 'Length 1.70 meters, a fresh and well-groomed appearance (no makeup user), dark brown eyes, dark hair over the shoulders, in possession of a black bicycle and green song collection (from the student association - ed.) Clothing: blue jeans , pink T-shirt with inscription: 020 Tanja, a gray pullover, dark blue sports jacket and black shoes with silver-colored clips. '

Material remains
In recent years, quests have been made more often after tips, but they have so far yielded no results. In 2012 a bicycle emerged from the Maas, but it turned out not to be hers. If today the remains of a woman are found, further research is being conducted at the Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI). That will take several weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back