SYLVIA DOWDELL: Murdered in Macon County, AL - 19 May 1998

Family Offering $5,000 Reward for Information in 1998 Macon County Murder
Posted: May 19, 2020 12:47 PM CDT
Updated: May 19, 2020 5:42 PM CDT

by Alabama News Network Staff

750aa827 B137 46f2 9abe 4015160bd9904f7872df 7be4 4d9f 8fcf 274dd4792ebc
It’s been 22-years since a Macon County murder case went cold.
Sylvia Dowdell’s body was found with multiple gunshot wounds under a bridge on Macon County Road 22 in 1998. She was missing for about a week before her body was found.
Dowdell was a mother of seven and one of the daughters returned to where the body was found Tuesday to shed new light on the case in hopes that someone comes forward with answers.
The family is now offering a $5,000 reward. No arrests have been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't a whole lot of information available online about this case. I intend to reach out to authorities discussing this case at some point to see what we can cover.
I am her oldest daughter Ms. Dowdell Please contact me asap so that I may give you all the many peices of evidence I have. I literally have the entire case solved. I just need someone outside of Macon County to help me get justice because they are all corrupt and have been for years. For 22 years since age 13 I have been telling police what happened to my mother and absolutely nothing was done. I even witnessed my stepdad while the gun THE SAME weapon the forensics identified I witnessed him my stepdad on several occassions hold it to my mothers head. Please its my last shot at justice help me

I am her oldest daughter Ms. Dowdell Please contact me asap so that I may give you all the many peices of evidence I have. I literally have the entire case solved. I just need someone outside of Macon County to help me get justice because they are all corrupt and have been for years. For 22 years since age 13 I have been telling police what happened to my mother and absolutely nothing was done. I even witnessed my stepdad while the gun THE SAME weapon the forensics identified I witnessed him my stepdad on several occassions hold it to my mothers head. Please its my last shot at justice help me
Hi Precious!

I just sent you a message! Thanks for reaching out again! Looking forward to talking with you.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother’s murder. Prayers sent to you and your family. You are in really good hands with @Jason Futch . 🙏❤️

That is really sad. Somewhere that corrupt for that long says a lot of things running deep and keeping certain types in power.

Have you tried a PI and preferably one from well out of the area? And someone independent to look at the case and demand all records?

What is stepdad doing now? Still living in the area enjoying life? Remarried and harming the next one?

I am not a big social media person but anything I can do to help it get attention, let me know. I have a thing for cases that don't get the attention deserved. Sadly I have no power nor any clout :) but I sure can keep my focus on them or help spread the word.

Absolutely awful to go this long without justice. My prayers with you and your family that you are able to get the resolution and justice that your mother deserves. I am so sorry.

That is really sad. Somewhere that corrupt for that long says a lot of things running deep and keeping certain types in power.

Have you tried a PI and preferably one from well out of the area? And someone independent to look at the case and demand all records?

What is stepdad doing now? Still living in the area enjoying life? Remarried and harming the next one?

I am not a big social media person but anything I can do to help it get attention, let me know. I have a thing for cases that don't get the attention deserved. Sadly I have no power nor any clout :) but I sure can keep my focus on them or help spread the word.
Just happily living life same town same house same city SAME EXACT PLAYERS FROM 22 years ago

Just happily living life same town same house same city SAME EXACT PLAYERS FROM 22 years ago
I can identify with how that feels very much although not quite for that number of years. We got to watch a murderer run around free for three years, he was arrested, bonded out on very low reduced bond, then violated bond conditions and again was not kept in jail even after that!! He has been convicted FINALLY but the sentence is not what I think fits the facts at all... And instead of him yet going off to prison he has time coming off the sentence sitting in the county jail...

Not to go on about my thing, I am only sharing it to tell you that I cannot even imagine watching this man enjoy life for 22 years with no justice. I watched one for three years...

I don't know Jason but others seem to and he would be a big help I think from what I have read.

I can't imagine what it is like to live without justice, we dreaded and went through delays for years that we would not get justice. We waited too long and the result is not the length of sentence it should be imo but at least we have some. Assuming he ever gets sent to the big house...

If you need someone to holler loudly, I may be a help. I am nowhere close to that area but again glad to share the story or do whatever.

I hope you don't live where you have to see him because that is so hard.

My prayers that you see justice.

Why won't they listen to you? That's not right at ALL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back