AMBER Alert SUMMER WELLS: Missing from Rogersville, TN - 15 June 2021 - Age 5

1623864609105.png 1623864619358.png

AMBER Alert issued for missing 5-year-old out of Hawkins Co.​

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide AMBER Alert for a missing 5-year-old girl from Rogersville in Hawkins County Wednesday morning.

Officials with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to WVLT News that Summer Moon-Utah Wells went missing Tuesday night. Sheriff’s Office officials are asking for the public’s help locating the child.

Summer Wells has blonde hair and was last seen wearing grey shorts and a pink shirt on Ben Hill road, officials said. She has been missing since 7 p.m. Tuesday.

TBI officials said Summer Wells may now have shorter hair than that pictured in earlier alerts.

1623864734666.png 1623864744582.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This man didn't have to openly discuss his past however he chose to. I don't think the media should keep digging into what he's done & instead focus on what this family is going thru. They are indeed victims and are enduring a situation that none of us would ever want to experience.

This man didn't have to openly discuss his past however he chose to. I don't think the media should keep digging into what he's done & instead focus on what this family is going thru. They are indeed victims and are enduring a situation that none of us would ever want to experience.
Agreed. The domestic charges were dismissed (and she disappeared when he was at work). And his son was thousands of miles away when Summer disappeared.

“Basically our role was to find anything that we could that either led to finding Summer or something that could be evidence to assist that effort in the investigative process,” said Rescue Technician at Knox County Rescue, Mohamed Abbas.

The Knox County team left Friday morning and stayed all day, canvassing miles in rugged terrain.

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve probably ever done,” Abbas said.

“It’s very treacherous and it’s very, the grade in the hills we were in is very steep. There’s no trails, it’s all thick brush. You don’t know what you’re going to come across, you could be walking and fall in a cavern for all you know,” Justin Faulkner, Assistant Chief at Knox County Rescue, said.

The search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells entered its eighth day Wednesday.

Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced authorities conducted a roadblock canvas Tuesday evening in the Beech Creek area.

Investigators spoke with drivers who travel through the area often to see if they noticed anything out of the ordinary on the day Summer went missing.

Father of Summer Wells says wife has passed lie detector test​

The father of missing Rogersville 5-year-old Summer Wells said his wife, Candus Bly, has passed a lie detector test.

Donald Wells told News 2’s sister station, News Channel 11, on Tuesday, June 22 that Bly had passed a polygraph test after going to the district attorney’s office.

“My wife just left the district attorney’s office with the FBI, and she passed her lie detector test,” Donald Wells said. “Then they told her to hurry down to the command center because they just got a tip, so we’re freaking out right now.”

Staff at the Hawkins County, Tennessee District Attorney’s Office confirmed to News Channel 11 that Candus Bly was at the office on Tuesday but would not comment further.

According to the FBI, Rose Marie Bly was last seen leaving her residence in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin on Aug. 21, 2009. She was on her way to Cushing, which is five miles away.

Bly is the sister of Candus Bly, Summer’s mother.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says there is no evidence linking Bly’s disappearance with that of Summer’s.

“Showing love, You’ll never regret showing love,” says Lane. “If people will just show love to the family until the dust settles, and we figure out some answers, I think that would go a long way.”

I appreciate that there are billboards up for Summer now. And this is probably one of the most "adorable" pictures of her. But that is NOT what she looked like when she disappeared. Wouldn't using a picture of her with shorter hair be more appropriate? But then I suppose people won't be drawn in to the "adorable girl".... Also the billboards are up in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. Over 6 hours away. :sigh:

1624507873300.png

I could hear the frustration coming through on that news briefing. Summer seems to have vanished without any trace, and they don’t seem to have any specific direction for any investigation.

They did confirm that teams have been going back over ground that’s been covered, with “fresh eyes, fresh bodies” to make sure nothing is missed. It was emphasized for people checking their property that a 5-year-old can curl up into very small spaces unlike an adult.

I was initially very hopeful but it’s been so long, and we still don’t know if she’s even in those woods at all, yet the thick foliage and rough terrain means that there’s every possibility that she is there and has been missed by the teams.

I could hear the frustration coming through on that news briefing. Summer seems to have vanished without any trace, and they don’t seem to have any specific direction for any investigation.

They did confirm that teams have been going back over ground that’s been covered, with “fresh eyes, fresh bodies” to make sure nothing is missed. It was emphasized for people checking their property that a 5-year-old can curl up into very small spaces unlike an adult.

I was initially very hopeful but it’s been so long, and we still don’t know if she’s even in those woods at all, yet the thick foliage and rough terrain means that there’s every possibility that she is there and has been missed by the teams.
Just from trying to find my dogs in my very similar very dense, rough terrain TINY patch of woods, it is very, very possible she is right there somewhere unfound and that area is HUGE! I would be able to hear my dogs and know that they were close and could not see them and about the her size in bulk.

I come back to this everyday just hoping for a good news update and it breaks my heart that we haven't gotten one yet. I know there are a lot of rumors and speculation being thrown around but right now I feel that we need to focus on the facts and what we know to be 100 percent truth. This little girl has disappeared from her home either by her own power just wondering away and getting too far out to find her way back or someone else helped her to get away from her home far enough to not be found, We don't have any real solid evidence to say one way or another what happened to her and as of now she's still just a missing person that needs to be found ASAP.

I come back to this everyday just hoping for a good news update and it breaks my heart that we haven't gotten one yet. I know there are a lot of rumors and speculation being thrown around but right now I feel that we need to focus on the facts and what we know to be 100 percent truth. This little girl has disappeared from her home either by her own power just wondering away and getting too far out to find her way back or someone else helped her to get away from her home far enough to not be found, We don't have any real solid evidence to say one way or another what happened to her and as of now she's still just a missing person that needs to be found ASAP.
she also could have been injured and very close, but the circumstances could have her hidden, not just have wandered too far. She very well could be right there distance wise and just hidden in the underbrush or in a ravine, etc.

she also could have been injured and very close, but the circumstances could have her hidden, not just have wandered too far. She very well could be right there distance wise and just hidden in the underbrush or in a ravine, etc.
I wish there was public data about where people go missing from, and where they are eventually found. As in coordinates. I’d be curious to see if anything could be learned if we take the origins and plot them in the center, and then plot the “found” locations relative to that point. Maybe inferences could be made about age and typical distance, for example.

I doubt such data exists, though. Plus it may only be useful if it could factor in time or rate of travel somehow - information that’s basically impossible to acquire.

I wish there was public data about where people go missing from, and where they are eventually found. As in coordinates. I’d be curious to see if anything could be learned if we take the origins and plot them in the center, and then plot the “found” locations relative to that point. Maybe inferences could be made about age and typical distance, for example.

I doubt such data exists, though. Plus it may only be useful if it could factor in time or rate of travel somehow - information that’s basically impossible to acquire.
This book is at least interesting.
But of course a real data bank which is being updated all the time would be better. Maybe this already exists?

I doubt such data exists, though. Plus it may only be useful if it could factor in time or rate of travel somehow - information that’s basically impossible to acquire.ca
I know of two in my local area that were found in areas that were searched. Common in both - searched this time of year with thick vegetation, found after first hard frost and vegetation had died back and leaves dropped.

“The status is the same as it was on Monday when we last held a media briefing,” said Leslie Earhart, spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. “We’re still trying to find Summer. It’s now been one week and two days since she went missing.

“There are still two aspects of this case: the active search and the investigation,” Earhart said. “TBI agents and Hawkins County detectives, working alongside the FBI, continue to work around the clock to determine what happened to Summer Wells.

“In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we can’t discuss everything we’re doing, and have done, to find Summer,” she said.

“I understand the lack of answers frustrates you and the public. But trust me, no one is more frustrated than we are. If we develop information that will lead to locating Summer, we will share that with you first thing, first and foremost. In the meantime, we ask anyone with information who hasn’t come forward, to please call 1-800-TBI-FIND.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back