AMBER Alert SUMMER WELLS: Missing from Rogersville, TN - 15 June 2021 - Age 5

1623864609105.png 1623864619358.png

AMBER Alert issued for missing 5-year-old out of Hawkins Co.​

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide AMBER Alert for a missing 5-year-old girl from Rogersville in Hawkins County Wednesday morning.

Officials with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to WVLT News that Summer Moon-Utah Wells went missing Tuesday night. Sheriff’s Office officials are asking for the public’s help locating the child.

Summer Wells has blonde hair and was last seen wearing grey shorts and a pink shirt on Ben Hill road, officials said. She has been missing since 7 p.m. Tuesday.

TBI officials said Summer Wells may now have shorter hair than that pictured in earlier alerts.

1623864734666.png 1623864744582.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of info on all of the major "players" in this case. From immediate family to investigators to others who have appeared publicly.

Summer Wells: Who’s who in missing 5-year-old Tennessee girl’s case​

1625798291151.png

Hawkins Co. Sheriff says no person of interest has been identified in case of missing Summer Wells​

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson says there is no person of interest in the case of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells, regardless of what rumors are spreading on social media.

Lawson told News Channel 11 on Friday that his detectives are still working every day with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation to follow up on leads.

“There’s no person of interest,” Lawson said. “And like I said, everybody’s a suspect now, everything’s on the table, and our main focus is to find Summer, to bring her home. Whichever way it goes with a suspect or she’s lost in the woods, or whatever, been abducted whatever, everything’s on the table. We’re not just focusing on one thing, because we have no reason to.”

TBI Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart said that as of Friday, just over 900 tips had been received in the search for Summer.

Lawson said most of the tips received have not resulted in solid leads.

“I think a lot of it is coming from social media,” Lawson said. “People that has 100 percent knowledge this happened, but they’re not doing it the right way. You don’t put stuff on social media. If you know something, then you have to say something to us, not just start rumors. And that’s the big thing is rumors and people have their opinion.”

Lawson said investigators have actually already followed up on most of the rumors on social media.

Investigators are also searching for the driver of a red or maroon Toyota Tacoma pickup truck that could be a “potential witness” in the case. When investigators first released information on the truck, they stated it featured a ladder rack and white buckets in the bed.

Lawson also said the truck is the only one of hundreds that investigators haven’t been able to find in relation to gathering information in the case. According to Lawson, the license plate of the truck is not known at this time.

This interview with the Pastor of the church they attended didn't really do much to disclose new information other than that the Wells Family had been attending their church for a year before Covid hit and were not officially members of the church.
Churches have paid memberships these days? Interesting that you can attend a church for a year and not be considered a member of that church...

Hawkins Co. Sheriff: ‘Everything is still on the table’ in search for Summer Wells​

The Hawkins County Sheriff said everybody is still a person of interest in the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells.

"Right now everything is still on the table. We're still trying to find out what happened to Summer. Everybody is still a person of interest," Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said in a video released Monday by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities have received 935 tips in connection with the disappearance of Summer Wells.

‘There’s a good chance she’s already dead’: Hear new interview with missing Summer Wells father Don Wells
The father of a missing Tennessee girl gave a new interview four weeks after Summer Wells disappeared and as police seem no closer to the truth of what happened to his daughter.

In a recent interview with the Kingsport Times-News Don Wells indicated the he believes his daughter is no longer alive.

“Statistically speaking there’s a good chance she’s already dead,” Don Wells said. “I hate to think that. I love her with all my heart. If nothing else, I’ll see her in the resurrection. As long as I keep the commandments and do what I’m supposed to do, I’ll see her.”

Summer’s father also appeared to confirm, as previous local reports have suggested, that he was not at home at the time Summer disappeared from her home.

“She’s been abducted in my mind, 100%,” Don Wells said when asked if he still believes his daughter was kidnapped.

“I know [Summer’s mother] Candus wouldn’t lie to me about any of the facts. She has no reason to, and she wouldn’t lie.”

Don Wells also insisted that both he and his wife passed a lie detector test, appearing to reference speculation that they had not.

‘It’s a financial burden for an agency’: Hawkins Co. Sheriff discusses toll of Summer Wells case on his office​

In this interview with Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson, he breaks down the cost to the county for the overtime hours of all the officers and others involved in the search for Summer Wells. Also, Lawson talks about the needs of the police department and other search and rescue groups that have come to light because of the search. I don't know how I feel about his statements seems a little insensitive to me but I guess at least he's being honest?

‘It’s a financial burden for an agency’: Hawkins Co. Sheriff discusses toll of Summer Wells case on his office​

In this interview with Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson, he breaks down the cost to the county for the overtime hours of all the officers and others involved in the search for Summer Wells. Also, Lawson talks about the needs of the police department and other search and rescue groups that have come to light because of the search. I don't know how I feel about his statements seems a little insensitive to me but I guess at least he's being honest?
I agree. You don't give up on a missing person. Especially this soon. That seems odd. A child too.

Tennessee missing girl Summer Wells’ dad tells local newspaper he doesn’t expect to see her alive​

"We’ve had several people sneaking around there, but we’ve had them sneaking around at night," Wells told the paper, speaking of his 11-acre property on Ben Hill Road. "We’ve never had somebody up there at 5:30 in the afternoon that we know of. They didn’t come up the driveway. They came up a dog trail from the woods. The [police K-9] dog that they used, that’s where the scent took them. Down through the woods, not the driveway. At Ben Hill Road is where the dog’s scent ended."

Incident Commander of Search for Summer Wells: ‘There’s been very limited ground searching since the scaling back’​

It’s been more than four weeks since five-year-old Summer Wells was last seen at her home on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek Community of Hawkins County.

“There’s been very limited ground searching since the scaling back,” said the incident commander of search operations, Captain Tim Coup. “Right now, in essence, pretty much all we’re going off of is anything credible, credible leads, credible information.”

“You may not see the big fancy command vehicles, you may not see the 1,194 people trudging around in Beech Creek but we are – the Sheriff’s department, law enforcement, the TBI – is still following up on leads,” Coup said. “Even if it is a ground that has already been searched one, two, multiple times. Being in contact with TBI, Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department, something they feel as though needs to be a credible search, need to go back in and look over things again, we’re right there with them hand-in-hand doing those things.”

“Any credible lead that they have to ‘Hey, we need to go out here and search this area.’ We will,” said Coup. “I will have a team whether I have to call in a team from out of state, we will have somebody there to search those areas.”

“Once everybody leaves over there, it’s a 20-minute drive from Beech Creek back to [The Church Hill Rescue Squad.] It takes a lot of time to think, go home, go to bed, wake up in the middle of the night thinking ‘Well, did I search that area, did I search it well enough, did I send enough people in? Are there places that I missed?'” he said. “The simple fact of the family and other rescuers and everything is there has been no outcome. As search operations, we know no more than we did the night she went missing, so that alone psychologically, some of these searchers are [thinking] ‘I put in all this time and I wasn’t able to provide anything.'”

I can't imagine how frustrating it has to be for everyone involved with the search and investigation to be this far out and still not be any closer to locating her or knowing what happened. As with any missing person or criminal act someone, somewhere has to know what happened and I pray that they find no peace until they come forward and give up the information needed to bring Summer home.

Tennessee missing girl Summer Wells’ dad tells local newspaper he doesn’t expect to see her alive​

"We’ve had several people sneaking around there, but we’ve had them sneaking around at night," Wells told the paper, speaking of his 11-acre property on Ben Hill Road. "We’ve never had somebody up there at 5:30 in the afternoon that we know of. They didn’t come up the driveway. They came up a dog trail from the woods. The [police K-9] dog that they used, that’s where the scent took them. Down through the woods, not the driveway. At Ben Hill Road is where the dog’s scent ended."

He's been saying that. Been talking about her in the past tense. I don't think she's alive but a parent usually has hope until proven otherwise. Some Parents go decades believing they are still out there. It just seems odd to me. One month.

Summers amber alert is still active as of today but I can find no updates on anything. I understand if LE does have any credible leads they will not release details to the public and they shouldn't but I at least would like to know if they are getting closer to a resolution and finding Summer. I pray every night that she will be found and the person or persons responsible will be caught. We won't give up on you Summer.

Equusearch group returning to Hawkins Co. to assist in Search for Summer Wells this weekend​

Eqqusearch Midwest announced via Facebook on Monday that they would be coming back to Northeast Tennessee the weekend of July 24 to assist in the Search for Summer Wells.

“Dave Rader, Director of Equusearch Midwest, and our Team will be conducting searches the weekend of July 24th,” the post read in part. “As this is an ongoing investigation, if you see any of our teams out and about, please do not convey via social media or other outlets where you may have seen our searches taking place. It is very important for the integrity of the case.”

Equusearch group returning to Hawkins Co. to assist in Search for Summer Wells this weekend​

Eqqusearch Midwest announced via Facebook on Monday that they would be coming back to Northeast Tennessee the weekend of July 24 to assist in the Search for Summer Wells.

“Dave Rader, Director of Equusearch Midwest, and our Team will be conducting searches the weekend of July 24th,” the post read in part. “As this is an ongoing investigation, if you see any of our teams out and about, please do not convey via social media or other outlets where you may have seen our searches taking place. It is very important for the integrity of the case.”
It's sad that they still have to remind people to not blurt out the search locations on social media😳. I made a full circle to believe in family involvement again, just my personal opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back