GA ROYALTY GRISBY: Missing from Stone Mountain, GA - 18 March 2021 - Age 1 *Found Alive*

1616081884146.png

AMBER ALERT: SUV stolen during food delivery with 1-year-old Georgia girl inside​

An AMBER Alert has been issued for missing 1-year-old Royalty Grisby.

Authorities say Royalty was inside a car just before 2 a.m. Thursday with her mother, who was making a food delivery for Uber Eats to 1207 Harvest Dale Court in Stone Mountain, Georgia, when her SUV was stolen with her child in the back seat.

Two people jumped into the SUV and took off with the toddler inside, WSB-TV reported. Police are now searching for the maroon 2010 Nissan Armada with Georgia tag #RWW4748.

Stolen SUV found, 1-year-old girl still missing​

DeKalb County police have found a stolen SUV that was taken early Thursday morning with a child inside, but police say the child is still missing.

Police issued an Amber Alert for 1-year-old Royalty Grisby, who was in the backseat of the vehicle as it was stolen in front of a home on the 1200 block of Harvest Dale Court in Stone Mountain. The vehicle was found off Young road in Stone Mountain around 9:30 a.m. Thursday morning.

‘I just want my baby’: DeKalb mom pleads with thieves who took 1-year-old girl​

The search to recover a missing 1-year-old girl has intensified Thursday morning after authorities found her family’s SUV abandoned in DeKalb County.

A Levi’s Call, Georgia’s version of an Amber Alert, was issued just before 7 a.m. for Royalty Grisby. The child was kidnapped hours earlier when her mother’s Nissan SUV was stolen from the 1200 block of Harvest Dale Court in the Stone Mountain area, according to DeKalb police.

“I just want my baby home,” her mother, Elizabeth Grisby, told reporters through tears. “That’s it. I just want her. You can take her to the hospital. You can take her anywhere. You can take her to a store. Just bring her home.”

Royalty was asleep in the back seat when Grisby got out to deliver food about 2 a.m. and left the vehicle running, police Capt. Brian DeLoach said. She heard a door slam and turned around to see her maroon Nissan Armada rolling down the street, her child still inside.

Grisby said she ran after the vehicle for as long as she could. She lives in the area and often delivers for DoorDash at night while Royalty is asleep.

“I had my keys in my pocket, and the only reason I didn’t lock the door was because I was in a residential, a nice neighborhood,” she said. “I didn’t think anything like that would happen.”

The Nissan’s tags were changed when police found it in a neighborhood off Young Road about 9 a.m. There was no sign of Royalty, who was wearing a pink jacket and purple shirt when she was taken.

“Fortunately we have located the vehicle in a neighboring neighborhood,” DeLoach said. “Unfortunately the child is still missing.”

Police have set up a command post at the corner of Redan and Hairston roads as they continue their search. They are hopeful the suspects are still on foot in the area.

DeLoch said he did not believe the thieves, who are thought to be men, knew there was a sleeping child in the Nissan when they stole it. He did not know if the theft was targeted or a crime of opportunity.

had the keys in her pocket but left it running???

"Royalty was asleep in the back seat when Grisby got out to deliver food about 2 a.m. and left the vehicle running...
I had my keys in my pocket, and the only reason I didn’t lock the door was because I was in a residential, a nice neighborhood,” she said. “I didn’t think anything like that would happen.”

had the keys in her pocket but left it running???

"Royalty was asleep in the back seat when Grisby got out to deliver food about 2 a.m. and left the vehicle running...
I had my keys in my pocket, and the only reason I didn’t lock the door was because I was in a residential, a nice neighborhood,” she said. “I didn’t think anything like that would happen.”
I was going to say that many vehicles now have keyless ignition so it’s entirely possible. But her vehicle is a 2010... Not sure if it would have had that.

Police ID suspect in abduction of 1-year-old Royalty Grisby as 14-year-old boy​

Police identified the suspect as 14-year-old Malachi Richardson. According to investigators, they believe the order "appears to be fake" and that it was a set up. They said they determined Richardson was the person in that area when the crime happened and when the vehicle was abandoned.

1616086332634.jpeg

Police ID suspect in abduction of 1-year-old Royalty Grisby as 14-year-old boy​

Police identified the suspect as 14-year-old Malachi Richardson. According to investigators, they believe the order "appears to be fake" and that it was a set up. They said they determined Richardson was the person in that area when the crime happened and when the vehicle was abandoned.

View attachment 10308
Oh man! What is going on? This doesn't look good AT ALL!

Deloach said the child is still missing, although they located the car in a nearby neighborhood. Police said the license plate on the car had been changed and the child's car seat was not inside

According to Police Chief M. V. Ramos, they believe the delivery was a setup, even thought they don't believe the 14-year-old knew the child was in the car.

Mom at press conference. Video at link.
1616089727258.jpeg

Can't access every site linked here, did the Mom and this boy know each other before this ?
It doesn’t sound like it. They have used the term “fake” and “setup” but I don’t believe they’re referring to her at all. Just the boys attempt to steal a car. I get the impression that they believe her story 100%. (Could be wrong of course. I had my doubts initially. But that’s what it seems like at this time.)

It does say she lives in this "neighborhood". I hope he did not know her and knew a child would be with her or planned for it to be her... That would worry me more... You can't pick your delivery person so it's doubtful he planned this imo... He likely just wanted a car... What worries me is the changed plate, that is very preplanned... What teen thinks of that or carjacker, generally they just hop in and take off....

Even worse news.

14-year-old in custody for kidnapping; 1-year-old girl still missing​

The Dekalb County Police Department issued an Amber alert Thursday when two teenagers stole a vehicle with 1-year-old Royalty Grisby still inside.

14-year-old Malachi Richardson is now in custody. Police have not found the little girl.

So glad he dropped her off so she could be recovered quickly. I'm also thankful the person was home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back