LA RONDREIZ "JUNIOR" PHILLIPS: Missing from Lisbon, LA - 5 April 2018 - Age 4

1606965805985.png1586109399240.png

Rondreiz Phillips, 5, Vanished From A Louisiana Yard In April 2018

Nothing seemed amiss on April 5, 2018, the day four-year-old Rondreiz Phillips disappeared.

Sheila Phillips, the boy’s mother, said her son was playing outside at around 11:30 A.M. while her boyfriend, Nicholas Gilbert, was working on his truck nearby. They were all at the home of Gilbert’s grandmother, partaking in what should have been an ordinary spring morning.

Instead, Sheila’s world shattered once she started called for Rondreiz and he didn’t respond. Since then, no one has known where he is.

A massive search effort went into effect, with local law enforcement combing the area on foot, in trucks, and in helicopters. A local pond was even drained, to no avail.

Rumors cropped up in the community suggesting that Nicholas Gilbert might have had something to do with whatever happened to Rondreiz. Gilbert vehemently denies any such notions. Last November, he told a reporter, “I can’t really sleep. This is bothering me…. I took two people here on my grandma’s property, and somebody came out here and took one of them off my grandma’s property.”

Gilbert also claimed he voluntarily took and passed a lie-detector test, but police have not commented on this information.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says Rondreiz was last seen wearing jeans, a white shirt, and yellow rubber boots. He may also respond to the nickname “Junior.”

#BringJuniorHome

1586109537712.png

Media - RONDREIZ "JUNIOR" PHILLIPS has been missing from Lisbon, #LOUISIANA since 5 April 2018 - Age 4

Last edited:

Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips missing for 2 years

It’s been 2 years since the disappearance of Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips.

The then four-year-old was reported missing after wandering from outside of his home in Lisbon, a small community in Claiborne parish, while his stepfather was working on a vehicle, according to authorities.

Over a year ago, KSLA spoke to neighbors in Lisbon still in shock that Rondreiz was still missing. Two neighbors who lived next door said his mother had moved away.

In February of 2018 Live PD on A&E ran a short segment asking for the public’s help in finding Rondreiz.

Then, the following month of the same year, the ID Channel’s show “In Pursuit with John Walsh," also ran a segment on Rondreiz as well.

Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey said the segment generated a couple of leads; however, they were leads they already knew about on the case.

The sheriff’s office is continuing to investigate and follow up on any information or leads they receive.

There is still a $10,000 reward for any information about Rondreiz’s disappearance.

If you have information, you can call the Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318) 927-2011 or (800) 810-2011, the FBI New Orleans at (504) 816-3000, or call 911.

Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips to be featured in PEOPLE’s ‘Faces of the Missing’​

A child who went missing from his home in Claiborne Parish three years ago will be featured in this week’s PEOPLE Magazine exclusive “Faces of the Missing.”

PEOPLE Magazine says the families of these missing children desperately hope to find them – and authorities could be just one clue away from bringing them home.

Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips was 4-years old when he disappeared from his family’s home in Lisbon. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing blue jeans, a white shirt, and yellow rubber boots.

Search crews spent weeks looking for Phillips and the FBI was also involved in the search. Ponds and wells were drained, but no sign of Phillips was ever found.

Detective Jay Perry with the Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office told PEOPLE Magazine that the case is “very active” and the search continues with the hope that new leads could come in.

“We’re committed to working on this until we find him,” said Perry.

“He deserves that. He is not forgotten.”

Detective Jay Perry with the Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office told PEOPLE Magazine that the case is “very active” and the search continues with the hope that new leads could come in.

“We’re committed to working on this until we find him,” said Perry.

“He deserves that. He is not forgotten.”
I'm glad to see this. Junior doesn't get hardly any media attention so it's good to know they're at least working on his case. I hope someone will come forward with information to find him.

Here is that People feature mentioned above.

Search for La. Boy Who Vanished in 2018 Is 'Very Active,' Say Police: 'He Is Not Forgotten'​

On April 5, 2018, Sheila Phillips called police in Claiborne Parish, La., to report her 4-year-old son, Rondreiz, had gone missing.

Law enforcement sprang into action, but more than two years later, the boy remains missing.

"There was a very quick and overwhelming response," Det. Jay Perry tells PEOPLE. "There were a lot of volunteers, fire district personnel. They utilized aircraft, tracking dogs from the prison, did all kinds of things in a quick response, interviewed a lot of people, followed up on a lot of leads.

"But the bottom line is during that investigation, nothing definitive was learned about what happened to him."

Rondreiz, who may go by the nickname "Junior," had been playing in a yard when he seemed to vanish. At first, his mother thought he'd gone to a relative's house nearby. But when he couldn't be located there or anywhere else, authorities were given a description of what he was last seen wearing — blue jeans, a white shirt, and yellow rubber boots — and the search was on.

"A lot of people have called in with information, but unfortunately, a lot of that has not been able to be corroborated," says Perry.

The investigation remains "very active," he says. "We've executed at least three search warrants, one less than a month ago, as we were following up on leads and information that we had received concerning this case."

"There are potential suspects, but none of them have been charged," he says. "Who was last near the boy? What happened? But again, we don't really have a suspect because we really don't know what has happened."

"We're committed to working on this until we find him," Perry says. "He deserves that. He is not forgotten."

FBI Spokesperson Alicia Irmscher says in a statement to PEOPLE: "Someone somewhere knows something about his disappearance."

Call police at 318-927-2011, or the FBI at 504-816-3000, with information on the case.

Recently the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released an age progression photo of what Phillips may look like now at seven years old. Phillip’s story attracted national attention and was featured on PEOPLE Magazine’s “Faces of the Missing”.

Untitled-20.jpg

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office shared the age progression photo on their Facebook page recently to give the pubic an idea what Phillips may look like currently.

"A lot of people have called in with information, but unfortunately, a lot of that has not been able to be corroborated," says Perry.

The investigation remains "very active," he says. "We've executed at least three search warrants, one less than a month ago, as we were following up on leads and information that we had received concerning this case."

"There are potential suspects, but none of them have been charged," he says. "Who was last near the boy? What happened? But again, we don't really have a suspect because we really don't know what has happened."
I would like to know more about these search warrants. Not much is published in this case so I doubt they're out there publicly. But I'd be interested if these warrants were on a property related to Junior's family / ex-stepdad, or elsewhere.

Timeline: Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips missing 4 years​

Tuesday marked four years since four-year-old Rondreiz “Junior” Phillips disappeared without a trace from his home in Claiborne Parish.

NBC 10 News Today: Four year anniversary of missing child Rondreiz Phillips​

On NBC 10 News Today, NBC 10’s Hunter Elyse and Mya Hudgins provided a report on the four year anniversary of a missing Claiborne Parish child, Rondreiz Phillips. For more information watch the video posted above.

5 YEARS LATER: Young boy from Claiborne Parish still missing​

Five years ago, Rondreiz Phillips disappeared.

Phillips is the young boy who wandered away from his home in Claiborne Parish in 2018; he hasn’t been seen since. He would be 9-years-old now.

The Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office says it’s still an active case, but they have no new leads. At last check, the FBI is offering a reward for any information that could lead to finding Rondreiz.

Well what is it they think? What kind of leads have there been in FIVE years and where have they led??

LE doesn't even confirm if the polygraph claim is true.

I can't recall and am not going to reread all but there was no video or sight of him leaving or anything ever found was there? Do we have last proof of life, I can't recall that either OTHER than by family/bf.

Like it has been said. This case has not received alot of media attention. But IMO. It's because they are zeroing in on a particular suspect because they believe it is close to home. Not a stranger. I agree. The boyfriend was working on his truck. Did he accidentally run over him?. Mom on drugs, Later served a year. Was it her losing her temper?. Maybe being neglectful in watching him?. I just don't believe it was a stranger.

Like it has been said. This case has not received alot of media attention. But IMO. It's because they are zeroing in on a particular suspect because they believe it is close to home. Not a stranger. I agree. The boyfriend was working on his truck. Did he accidentally run over him?. Mom on drugs, Later served a year. Was it her losing her temper?. Maybe being neglectful in watching him?. I just don't believe it was a stranger.
It has received what I would call basically NO media attention although that isn't unusual when no parents are trying to keep it in the news (hmm) and no LE is sharing, asking for tips, etc.

You know what I think in this one. Even if I'd never said it, most can predict my opinion. Right there with yours.

This was no stranger.

Imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back