AL PHENIX WILKERSON: Missing from Clayton, AL - 12 Jan 2024 - Age 4 *Found Safe*

1705204387793.png 1705204414306.png

Search for missing 4-year-old Phenix Wilkerson continues with volunteers from across Alabama​

Authorities and volunteers are continuing the search for 4-year-old Phenix Wilkerson who went missing Friday afternoon in southeast Alabama.

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said the child was last seen around 12:30 p.m. when he disappeared from his family’s camper near Sid Bush Road in Clayton, in Barbour County. He was last wearing a blue tie-dye shirt and gray sweatpants, according to ALEA, which issued a missing child alert Friday. Wilkerson was not wearing shoes.

ALEA’s State Bureau of Investigation and Aviation units are on the scene assisting the Barbour County Sheriff’s Office with the search effort “and will continue to make all resources available,” the law enforcement agency said in an email to AL.com.

There are also reportedly 100 volunteers from throughout the state helping with the search, which is centered around Sid Bush Road, according to WVTY.

Barbour County Sheriff Tyrone Smith told the outlet that Wilkerson was asleep in a camper when his mother went to the restroom at a nearby house. When she returned, he was gone and “she and the man who stayed with the boy when she left contacted authorities when they could not quickly locate the child afterward.”

Media - PHENIX WILKERSON: Missing from Clayton, AL - 12 Jan 2024 - Age 4

Last edited:

Search continues for missing 4-year-old in Barbour County​

The search continues for a 4-year-old who went missing on Friday.

It’s been now over 24 hours since little 4-year-old Phenix Wilkerson went missing, and search crews have been working around the clock to find him.

State and County officials along with volunteers from Clayton, Al, and surrounding areas are here at Sid Bush Road. They’ve been out since yesterday until the late midnight hours and have continued their search since early this morning to find the child.

We spoke to his family, who are hoping he is found safely.

“It’s just an empty loss in my stomach that I can’t just help my child. I don’t know where he’s at,” said the mother of the Wilkerson Shyanne Ray.

She told us that she could only think of her child and his safety.

“All I can think about even now, is just what’s going through his brain. Is he okay? Is he happy because he likes to be outside? He loves outside,” said Ray.

She’s been searching for Wilkerson for hours on end since she last saw him. She describes the moment she realized he was no longer in their home.

“I noticed that the door was open on the camper, and I knew that wasn’t right because he usually doesn’t mess with the door too often. But I knew something was wrong. So, I opened the door, and I didn’t see him lying on the bed, and I just started searching in the camper and couldn’t find him,” said Ray.

Wilkerson was last seen wearing a tie-dye blue shirt, gray sweatpants, and no shoes. His mother says he had on Batman socks.

“He has bright red hair. His Hazel eyes are the most beautiful thing in the world. Just please help me find him and come home,” said Ray.

Search parties are restricted to an area where the 4-year-old was last seen. Sheriff offices from nearby counties and state officials are pitching in to help.

“We’ve done searches in the air with helicopters. We’ve done searches on the ground. Matter of fact we’ve got a bunch of volunteers out searching right now. We got divers here to look into some of the water areas.” said Barbour County Sheriff Tyrone Smith.

Wilkerson’s grandmother is asking anyone with information on her grandchild’s whereabouts to please speak up.

“If anybody’s seen him out there, and he’s not in these woods, and they’ve seen him, somebodies got him. Please bring him home. He’s a very special kid. He’s autistic. He’s nonverbal, and he’s scared,” said Sandra Yoemans.

The mom says if you do see him call him by his name and he will respond.

The search and rescue efforts have been stopped for today, but officials tell us that the search will resume around 9:30 tomorrow morning.

A man stayed with the boy when she left yet he got out of the camper? Were they camping or are they homeless? The camper must not have a bathroom or running water if she had to use the bathroom at a nearby home. Are they in grandma's yard maybe or someone else's? Perhaps they are just visiting family or something.

I am not accusing or judging, there isn't enough here, but just pointing out a couple of things.

Was the man asleep because one would think it hard for a boy to get out of a camper without it being noticed.

She said the door was open but then proceeded to say she opened the door. This could be the news getting that wrong, the writing is a bit odd in spots as if someone's first language isn't English.

Mom said he almost never messes with the door. Correct me if I;m wrong but isn't that just the opposite for most autistic children, especially when this young? I certainly could be wrong and perhaps not all do.

Praying he is found safe.

Kids can disappear so fast! I remember last summer when my grandson was here and I was in the driveway with him, and I turned around to move the hose and I turned back around and he was gone! It didn’t even take a minute. Thankfully, when I called his name, he came around so I could see him.

FOUND SAFE: Missing 4-year-old in Barbour County found, airlifted to hospital​

The 4-year-old boy, who went missing on Friday from his Clayton home, has been found safe.

Officials say Phenix Wilkerson was found by a group of search K-9s Sunday afternoon and was airlifted to a hospital for treatment. Wilkerson’s condition is unknown at this time.

1705285013363.png

Last edited:

The 4-year-old boy, who went missing on Friday from his Clayton home, has been found safe.

Officials say Phenix Wilkerson was found by a group of search K-9s Sunday afternoon and was airlifted to a hospital for treatment. Wilkerson’s condition is unknown at this time.

View attachment 21159
Wow, did not expect to come home to this, it is ;awesome news!! I ran out of time but;was wanting to google on this one as to what the temp in AL was missing overnight and all. He likely wouldn't have survived up here, we are in below zeroes. Super, SUPER news!

It does give a bit of concern that he was airlifted which might indicate some urgency. But maybe it was just due to the area and an abundance of caution as to his wellbeing.

View attachment 21159
And miracles DO happen! So glad to be wrong!:dance:

Missing autistic boy not returned to family after hospital release, sheriff​

A four-year-old boy with autism who disappeared for two days in rural Barbour County has not been returned to his direct family, Barbour County Sheriff Tyron Smith confirmed.

According to Sheriff Smith, Phenix Wilkerson was released from Southeast Health in Dothan on Wednesday, January 17, in good condition but was not returned to the custody of his biological mother or father.

Sheriff Smith said Phenix was placed in a care plan by the Alabama Department of Human Resources, which happens when a child is deemed to be at risk.

As long as the care plan is in place, Phenix’s parents will not be allowed to have unsupervised visits, the sheriff revealed.

Sheriff Smith also told WDHN that an investigation into Phenix’s brief disappearance is still ongoing, and there may or may not be charges brought against the parents

“We have a lot of questions that still need to be answered,” Sheriff Smith said

Missing autistic boy not returned to family after hospital release, sheriff​

A four-year-old boy with autism who disappeared for two days in rural Barbour County has not been returned to his direct family, Barbour County Sheriff Tyron Smith confirmed.

According to Sheriff Smith, Phenix Wilkerson was released from Southeast Health in Dothan on Wednesday, January 17, in good condition but was not returned to the custody of his biological mother or father.

Sheriff Smith said Phenix was placed in a care plan by the Alabama Department of Human Resources, which happens when a child is deemed to be at risk.

As long as the care plan is in place, Phenix’s parents will not be allowed to have unsupervised visits, the sheriff revealed.

Sheriff Smith also told WDHN that an investigation into Phenix’s brief disappearance is still ongoing, and there may or may not be charges brought against the parents

“We have a lot of questions that still need to be answered,” Sheriff Smith said
I'm not surprised. I am relieved as heck he was found safe but there were a lot of bad signs as to his care or supervision and living in a camper even without a toilet. Although that itself is no reason to take a child away, a child disppearing from a camper unnoticed, mom not taking him with when she went to use the bathroom in the home and more were not good signs. And mom leaving him with a bf. That's also if her story was true. It is even possible he ran from someone or was told to get out, who knows. I am glad they are erring to the side of caution. We didn't get a lot of details about him being found as to the where, how, etc. but know he was airlifted.

Poor little boy to go through all this.

:mad:

I didn't say it and hate to generalize but people in campers without toilets or a home and on someone's land most that see it or drive by immediately say"METH". So TWO kids at least and two adults in a CAMPER without a toilet or probably much for utilities, maybe electric if they ran a cord from whoever's home they were camped near or on the property of...Water doubtful. Of course that's not to say anyone could not be in that boat who is not a drug addict but there's a high percentage of it being the case.

Makes me think of Harmony and then they get beat for using the other bathroom they have, their pants.

They are LUCKY this boy is alive but even so should face life charges and sentencing imo.

This is absolutely no surprise considering the hints from the start. We still don't know a lot about his being found and so on. Or about the sister.

It is easy to figure there was no good life ever of any kind going on here for these children. All if any money went to drugs one can bet.

It always surprises me they'd share any of their drugs or give to child as I picture addicts as needing it themselves BUT he is autistic and who the heck knows their purpose...

Waiting for more info... I think there is more as to how he was found and who the property owner is and so on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helender
Back