AL OPELIKA JANE DOE: BF, 3-7, found at trailer park in Opelika, AL - 28 Jan 2012 *AMORE WIGGINS*

1674585946488.png
1580624333003.png 1580624338886.png

Skeletal remains of a little girl were found on January 28, 2012 at a trailer park on Hurst Street in Opelika, Alabama which falls in Lee County. It’s estimated the child had been deceased between 8 months and 2 years placing date of death between 2010 – 2012. She is estimated to be 3-7 years old and had medium length black hair styled in small tight curls. Her height, weight, and eye color cannot be determined. An anthropological assessment of her bones suggest she had likely been abused and malnourished in life. A long-sleeve pink shirt with heart buttons and small ruffles near the neckline was recovered near the skeletal remains but it is unknown if it belonged to the child. Chemical isotope testing on her bones suggest she was born and raised in Alabama or one of the surrounding southern states. The images above are a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depict what the child may have looked like in life.

NCMEC -

1580624423353.png

Skull found by resident of trailer park. Other remains found within 50 feet of skull. Lower jaw, multiple bones, some hair located in heavy wooded area within 50-75 feet of residences. Isotope analysis indicates she was born in Alabama or a surrounding southern state.

Clothing: long-sleeve pink shirt with heart buttons and small ruffles near the neckline located near remains - On the Body

Last edited:
Opelika’s Baby Jane Doe remains unnamed eight years after remains discovered

The Baby Jane Doe case was born in January of 2012 when a small skull was found behind a mobile home off Hurst Street in Opelika, Alabama. Eight years later, Baby Jane has settled into the hearts of the community and investigators and has yet to leave.

“Every time I drive by Hurst Street, I think about her. I think have we done everything we can to help solve it,” asked community Baby Jane Doe advocate Alexis Meniefield

Opelika investigators continue to work the case. Captain Shane Healey says just this month detectives were tracking down a new lead, believing the child lived and was murdered in east Alabama by someone familiar with the Opelika area. Healey believes Baby Jane Doe is remembered daily by at least one person and possibly more at OPD.

“Absolutely. It’s a case that sticks with you, and what we want more than anything is to put a name with that face,” shared Captain Healey.

” We want justice and peace for her as well as a proper burial. She has been sitting on a shelf now for eight years, and it’s said, said Menefield.

Forensic testing revealed baby Jane Doe suffered long-term physical abuse at the hands of her killer, leaving her left eye blind and scarred until she was ultimately murdered between 2010 and 2012 when she was three to seven years old.

“I get chills. I feel like a killer has walked these roads, and I feel like they may still be walking these roads,” said Memefield.

Jane Doe is believed to be the little girl in these pictures taken at Greater Peace Baptist Church Vacation Bible School in Opelika.

1580624509940.png

1588800921032.png

Opelika investigators hope sharper images turn focus on “Baby Jane Doe” killer

Enhanced photo’s taken of a disfigured girl at an Opelika Vacation Bible School could be the next step in identifying Opelika’s Baby Jane Doe and uncovering her killer or killers.

“This is the most heinous case in my 20 years, where a child was abused and neglected and then dumped. It’s very emotional for all of us detectives,” shared Opelika Police Captain Jonathan Clifton.

Opelika police are now releasing digitally enhanced photos of a little girl believed to be Baby Jane Doe. These photographs were first released to the media several years ago in 2016. The images are of a child at Opelika’s Greater Peace Baptist Church Vacation Bible School taken around 2011. The girl in the photos has not been identified and police believe she is Jane Doe. Investigators are confident someone in east Alabama knows who the child is and what happened to her.

“They have since been enhanced to bring out a clearer image of the little girl. The Bible School teacher who first brought them to the police believe the enhanced images depict a better likeness to the real little girl,” said Captain Shane Healey.

Forensic testing revealed baby Jane Doe suffered long-term physical abuse at the hands of her killer, leaving her left eye blind and scarred until she was ultimately murdered between 2010 and 2012 when she was three to seven years old.

“She was badly abused and lived a tough life, and there is nothing fair about what she had to go through at all. We hope we can give her a small amount of justice if we can find out her name,” said Healey.

1588801027637.jpeg1588801039678.jpeg

View attachment 3415

Opelika investigators hope sharper images turn focus on “Baby Jane Doe” killer

Enhanced photo’s taken of a disfigured girl at an Opelika Vacation Bible School could be the next step in identifying Opelika’s Baby Jane Doe and uncovering her killer or killers.

“This is the most heinous case in my 20 years, where a child was abused and neglected and then dumped. It’s very emotional for all of us detectives,” shared Opelika Police Captain Jonathan Clifton.

Opelika police are now releasing digitally enhanced photos of a little girl believed to be Baby Jane Doe. These photographs were first released to the media several years ago in 2016. The images are of a child at Opelika’s Greater Peace Baptist Church Vacation Bible School taken around 2011. The girl in the photos has not been identified and police believe she is Jane Doe. Investigators are confident someone in east Alabama knows who the child is and what happened to her.

“They have since been enhanced to bring out a clearer image of the little girl. The Bible School teacher who first brought them to the police believe the enhanced images depict a better likeness to the real little girl,” said Captain Shane Healey.

“She was badly abused and lived a tough life, and there is nothing fair about what she had to go through at all. We hope we can give her a small amount of justice if we can find out her name,” said Healey.

View attachment 3416View attachment 3417

If these are actual photos and she attended bible school, someone must know who she belongs to, who dropped her off, who picked her up, etc. one would think?

If these are actual photos and she attended bible school, someone must know who she belongs to, who dropped her off, who picked her up, etc. one would think?

They are actual photos. Well, they are now digitally enhanced. But yes, actual photos of the girl they believe may be Opelika Jane Doe.

I don’t know about this one, but many bible school programs are free as a way to draw more people in. No registration process, no attendance, etc. Even if they did have a list of kids at one point, I doubt they'd save it for very long.

They are actual photos. Well, they are now digitally enhanced. But yes, actual photos of the girl they believe may be Opelika Jane Doe.

I don’t know about this one, but many bible school programs are free as a way to draw more people in. No registration process, no attendance, etc. Even if they did have a list of kids at one point, I doubt they'd save it for very long.

Yeah, we always attended Sunday School and Bible School in our own church but I remember attending friends or another or two Bible School that were maybe right before regular school started where ours was right after regular school ended for the summer. I get the registration process. Just surprised that no one would necessarily put her together with anyone I guess as to who brought her, even if they don't know a name, etc.

But then I feel that way about many of the unidentified, even adults, when I see a very distinctive tattoo or piece of jewelry, it just boggles my mind that someone somewhere doesn't recognize them or at least those very unique tattoos or jewelry, etc.

Makes me sad.

Today, I hade the opportunity to meet Alexis Meniefield, the young woman that has been sleuthing the Opelika Jane Doe case from its beginning. She’s also a local figure that has done great for her community. She’s got a great relationship with the Opelika PD and has been an advocate for this young girl who was found literally 100 feet from where this photo of us and my mom are standing.

The guy who took this photo of us was Detective Sergeant Alfred White of the Opelika Police Department, who is also the sole detective working this case! The trip to Opelika today was a success, and I’m looking forward to releasing the podcast on this case soon! She deserves justice!

B395DDD8-EF26-4945-81EE-3CEA8910B42D.jpeg

Thought I'd drop these here so everyone can listen. I appreciate the time & dedication into bringing justice to cases that need it. (While listening I learned why NCMEC images are published in black/white.)

While most of us know of Carl's incredible talent it was invaluable to hear him talk in detail about Opelika Jane Doe.

Thought I'd drop these here so everyone can listen. I appreciate the time & dedication into bringing justice to cases that need it. (While listening I learned why NCMEC images are published in black/white.)

While most of us know of Carl's incredible talent it was invaluable to hear him talk in detail about Opelika Jane Doe.

Correction on the Koppelman interview. That was a followup on the Walker County Jane Doe episode; however, for those of you following our show on Apple Podcast, the WCJD interview was removed from the podcast on Apple for reasons unknown. You can still listen to it on Anchor and also on our other podcasting channels as well. Also, I will be re-releasing my interviews with Rosemary Norris and Brandon Johnson on the podcast channel tomorrow at midnight! I will post when they are available.

Nothing new. Just a new plea for info.

Investigators searching for answers in cold case mystery of Alabama's 'Baby Jane Doe'

Investigators are hoping someone can identify a young girl whose remains were found in an Alabama trailer park eight years ago.

Officials are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who can help confirm Baby Jane Doe’s identity and lead to the arrest and conviction of her murder.

Justice evades Opelika’s Baby Jane Doe; detectives determined to name her​

The Baby Jane Doe case was born in January of 2012 when a small skull was found behind a mobile home off Hurst Street in Opelika, Alabama. Nine years later, Baby Jane has settled into the hearts of the community and investigators and has yet to leave.

Opelika investigators continue to work the case, and still believe she lived in the east Alabama area and was murdered by someone familiar with the Opelika area. Baby Jane Doe is remembered daily by the OPD.

“She was badly abused and lived a tough life, and there is nothing fair about what she had to go through at all. We just hope we can give her a small amount of justice if we can just find out her name,” said Healey.

Police say any tip, no matter how small, may lead to Baby Jane’s real name and justice. There is a $20,000 Reward in the case. If you have any information on the case, you are urged to call the Opelika Police Department’s Secret Witness Hotline at (334) 745-8665. You may remain anonymous.

Today, I hade the opportunity to meet Alexis Meniefield, the young woman that has been sleuthing the Opelika Jane Doe case from its beginning. She’s also a local figure that has done great for her community. She’s got a great relationship with the Opelika PD and has been an advocate for this young girl who was found literally 100 feet from where this photo of us and my mom are standing.

The guy who took this photo of us was Detective Sergeant Alfred White of the Opelika Police Department, who is also the sole detective working this case! The trip to Opelika today was a success, and I’m looking forward to releasing the podcast on this case soon! She deserves justice!

View attachment 3992
Awesome Jason. Tell her thank you. And your mom is so cute.

FBI hoping to ID child homicide victim: Skeletal remains found in 2012 in Opelika​

It’s been more than nine years since the skeletal remains of a young girl were found in an Opelika trailer park, and the FBI is asking for help identifying.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the nearest FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Tipsters can also call Opelika police at 334-705-5220 or the Secret Witness Hotline at 334-745-8665.

This little girl has to be a local child from the area, I really hope that someone will come forward and identify her after all this time. She obviously had such a hard life in her short time but she deserves her name back and justice for all that she had to endure.

Authorities: Unidentified child homicide victim in Alabama may have ties to Orlando area​

Police in Alabama said a recent tip has led them to believe that an unidentified child homicide victim may have ties to the Orlando area.

"It never ceases to amaze us that a child of her age can go unidentified with no one coming forward," said National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) Forensic Services Supervisor Carol Schweitzer.

"Anybody that came across her, had a conversation with her, maybe would have done a double-take or looked again at the clear trauma, injury to that eye," Schweitzer said.

"Somewhere out there she deserves not only her name and justice for death. There’s someone out there who needs to be accounted for, who did this to her," Schweitzer said. "We’re really hoping that getting these images out – circulating to a new area, Orlando – somebody will remember her and come forward."

Reward offered for information on Opelika ‘baby jane doe’ case​

Central Alabama Crimestoppers is offering a reward for any information on a “baby jane doe” case dating back to 2012.

A reward of $5,000 has been offered by Central Alabama Crimestoppers.

Anyone with information regarding the identity of Baby Jane Doe are asked to call the Opelika Police at 334-705-5220 or CrimeStoppers using our 24-hour tip line at 205-215-7867.

CrimeStoppers offering $5k reward for identity of Opelika Baby Jane Doe​

A reward is being offered in the case of a murdered child in Opelika. CrimeStoppers is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the identity of the little girl who has come to be known as Opelika Baby Jane Doe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back