TX LINA SARDAR KHIL: Missing from San Antonio, TX - 20 Dec 2021 - Age 3

1640135258656.png1640063787027.png

AMBER Alert issued for 3-year-old out of San Antonio​

An AMBER Alert has been issued for a 3-year-old girl out of San Antonio on Monday.

San Antonio police are asking for the public's help in finding Lina Sardar Khil who was last seen around 5 p.m. at the 9400 Block of Fredericksburg Road before she was abducted.

Police said Khil has straight, shoulder-length hair and was last seen in a ponytail with a black jacket, red dress, and black shoes.

AMBER Alert issued for 3-year-old girl missing from San Antonio​

Authorities are searching for a three-year-old girl missing from San Antonio.

According to an AMBER Alert issued Monday night, Lina Sardar Khil was last seen around 5 p.m. on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road. Authorities said she was last seen wearing a black jacket, a red dress, and black shoes. She has straight, shoulder-length hair, last seen in a ponytail.

MEDIA - LINA SARDAR KHIL: Missing from San Antonio, TX since 20 Dec 2021 - Age 3

Last edited:
Here is one from Linda. It's short. When the officer right in the beginning says he doesn't know how long the mother left the child for, I sure hope this was in the beginning or due to the language barrier. Are the facts or account given that vague otherwise?

I have to wonder since the father thought she was with another family what is up with that. Did the mother ask another family to watch her on the playground or perhaps just assume if she left that they would?

I see in the pic above there is a pool. I hate to say it but I hope they are watching dumpsters and checking the pool daily (Braylen Noble) and all garbage cans and areas and not just once but repeatedly day after day.

I don't know. The video has been taken down for some reason.
I googled the address and come up with two different apartment complexes. When I hit the one, the website is extinct so I think it is the other. Some of the reviews say they keep trying to rename and rebrand it and keep changing managers. There are also other really bad reviews of fire ants, roaches and bed bugs, all three. In addition, some say kids are running day and night loud in the halls and everywhere and I also saw remarks of why is it not gated and problems with crime, etc. I will stress this is IF I have the right complex and these are some of the reviews which vary in time period etc. I can say though in skimming reviews, I saw very few good ones.

While none of this necessarily means anything, it doesn't sound like a high security place, etc.

Try watching the video in this article with a better view of the playground.

Thanks. I got a few things from that. I had the right complex with the reviews. It is Villa Del Cabo Apts. The bad reviews were written prior to this. One was upset over the noise of children day and night, etc. Not that it means anything but there are some unhappy people in this complex or have been over time.

Last night I watched a video in which it was said the park is actually a small dog's park. Looking at this picture in this one, it is exactly what it is, not a children's park or so it appears.

In Linda's video, she pointed out that the girl looks older than a three year old and taller and wanted people to be aware so they did not dismiss a child they thought was the wrong age if anyone saw her. A caller last night on another video said Afghans often do not have birth certificates and birth is given at home quite often. I didn't catch it all but I take that to mean the age may be off by a bit and there may be no documentation of her.

Someone also, who knows someone who resides there allegedly, said that they are watching dumpsters or stationed by them, going through apartments, checking cars coming and going, as is also said in this article, etc.

I don't know what to think in this one other than I agree with the others that this was likely someone at the complex. I fail to understand many things though, why if other mothers, etc. were outside no one seems to have noticed anything, where the mother went or for how long, etc. While I don't get a parent vibe here yet, it's hard to say as we haven't seen the mother and we know little. It is no different than others in that I'd like to know when someone last independently saw her although it says others were outside but do we know that and have they confirmed seeing her? Maybe they have and I just didn't register it on reading.

The language barrier makes it a bit tough. It sounds like the mother went inside for water. It sounds like the child disappeared down a cement or concrete pathway which I take to mean sidewalk. It was unclear to me what was meant by that. The dad's grief seems real and it is heartbreaking.

In her pictures she appears to be a very happy child.

Always a ton of questions with no answers. Where was the family apartment in relation to where the child was left? How long was she alone? Did anyone see anything? And tons more.

Just observations and thoughts.

‘We’re not giving up hope’: Hundreds join together to pray for safe return of missing 3-year-old​

Hundreds of San Antonians started off their Friday outside in the chilly, foggy morning air praying for the safe return of 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil.

She has been missing since Monday evening.

The interfaith prayer vigil that drew about 200 people to the St. Francis Episcopal Church pavilion on Bluemel Road was organized by Pamela Allen, CEO of Eagle’s Flight Advocacy and Outreach.

San Antonio police Chief William McManus attended the ceremony. Though he did not have any updates or new leads to share, he recapped the efforts that have been made so far, noting that officials are working especially hard on this case. He said that about 300 units at the Villas Del Cabo apartments have been searched, some more than once.

“We’re not giving up hope,” he said.

The FBI has also brought in its Child Abduction Response team, behavioral analysis unit, and data exploitation units, according to Justin Garris, acting special agent in charge of the FBI San Antonio Field Office.

About 300 units would mean all units searched as it was said that's how many there are. No one refused I take it then. Some searched more than once, I wonder if they had reason... They are certainly putting in major efforts here.

I pray for her safe return.

Search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil enters sixth day. Here’s everything we know.​

Search efforts for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil are still in full force on Christmas Day as San Antonio police and the FBI work to locate her.

Although the police presence at the family’s home may look different due to the holiday, SAPD said the search efforts will continue and that their resources are being redirected “to be proactive as possible.”

San Antonio police are asking for specific people to reach out to its Missing Persons Unit to help aid in the search for Lina.

Any residents who were at the Villas del Cabo Apartment Complex, which is located at 9400 Fredericksburg Road, between 4:30 p.m. to 5:10 p.m. on Monday, are urged to contact SAPD at 210-207-7660 with “actionable tips.”

Also, anyone who spoke with Lina or her family at any time on Monday is urged to contact police as soon as possible.

“No detail is too small as we continue to search for Lina,” SAPD said in a release.

Though San Antonio police are asking the FBI to deploy its child abduction rapid response team to aid officers in their search, McManus clarified that investigators do not have any reason to believe Lina was abducted.

“If it were an abduction, we could be looking for an individual or have evidence of a child being abducted,” McManus said on Wednesday. “Right now, we don’t have any of that. That may change, but right now, it’s still a missing person.”

Another reason they are treating it as a missing person case is that there is not currently a suspect, he said.

SAPD has used canines in the search, which is still contained to the San Antonio area.

But the FBI’s rapid response team has resources that the department doesn’t, McManus said.

“If we have video that’s not real clear, they can work on their end to clarify any video footage,” he said. “They have resources, they have boots on the ground here that are helping us canvas the area.”

FBI agents have been seen knocking on residents doors, as well as checking in with nearby businesses.

“FBI showed up and they searched my apartment. They looked under the bed, under the couch outside They had this questionnaire. Going through questions, ‘Would you be willing to give a DNA sample if needed?’” said an apartment resident who did not want to be identified.

Alex de Hoyos, manager of the Belden’s Automotive across the street from the apartment complex, said he gave authorities the store’s security video on Monday.

The store’s cameras can see the entire entrance of the Villa Del Cabo complex, de Hoyos said, unfortunately, his cameras can’t see the side entrance of the apartments.

1640491261796.png

Of note, they have said several times recently that they have no reason to believe this is an abduction. Despite activating the AMBER Alert for her.
Texas is also the state that activated recently for the teen girl believed to have run away.
They also have the other current AMBER Alert for the 3 children with their sex-offender father.

Texas Activation Criteria:

1. (A) Is this child 17 years of age or younger, whose whereabouts are unknown, and whose disappearance law enforcement has determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to the child’s safety and health; and if abducted by a parent or legal guardian, was the abduction in the course of an attempted murder or murder? OR
(B) Is this child 13 years of age or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian, by: (i) someone unrelated and more than three years older, or (ii) another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?

2. Is this child in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury?

3. Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child’s disappearance?

4. Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?

Must meet ALL 4 CRITERIA.

Of note, they have said several times recently that they have no reason to believe this is an abduction. Despite activating the AMBER Alert for her.
Texas is also the state that activated recently for the teen girl believed to have run away.
They also have the other current AMBER Alert for the 3 children with their sex-offender father.

Texas Activation Criteria:

1. (A) Is this child 17 years of age or younger, whose whereabouts are unknown, and whose disappearance law enforcement has determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to the child’s safety and health; and if abducted by a parent or legal guardian, was the abduction in the course of an attempted murder or murder? OR
(B) Is this child 13 years of age or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian, by: (i) someone unrelated and more than three years older, or (ii) another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?

2. Is this child in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury?

3. Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child’s disappearance?

4. Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?

Must meet ALL 4 CRITERIA.

Wow that’s really interesting. Did they break their own protocol? Or is there something they’re not telling people?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back