HI KYTANA ANCOG: Missing from Aiea, HI - 31 Jan 2021 - Age 18 months

1613333948957.png 1613333963227.png

HPD searching for missing 18-month-old girl, last seen nearly two weeks ago​

CrimeStoppers and the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) are looking for a missing 18-month-old baby, and they need your help.

Kytana Ancog was last seen on Sunday, January 31, 2021, when she was dropped off to her father, Travis Rodrigues at his Kaulainahee Place address in Aiea. Neither have been seen or heard from since.

Intense search underway for missing toddler last seen 2 weeks ago​

An intense police search is underway for a missing 18-month-old who was last seen two weeks ago, when she was dropped off to her father.

Police identified the child as Kytana Ancog.

“Help me look for my baby. She means the world to me. I love her so much,” said Kytana’s mother Ashley Ancog.

Kytana was dropped off Jan. 31 to her father, Travis Rodrigues, at his Kaulainahee Place address in Aiea.

“She dropped the baby off with him and never got her back,” said Lisa Mora, Kytana’s grandmother. “I just want the public treat it as if it were their child or their grandchild.”

“Maybe you don’t necessarily know where they are today, but let’s say you saw them a couple days ago, maybe even a week ago, where was the last time you saw them and what time? Give us any kind of information. That would be very beneficial to the investigation,” said Sgt. Chris Kim, Honolulu CrimeStoppers Coordinator.

Rodrigues is a convicted felon with a long criminal history.

Media - KYTANA ANCOG: Missing from Aiea, HI - 31 Jan 2021 - Age 18 months

Last edited:

Father of missing toddler arrested on suspicion of murder​

Honolulu police have confirmed 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues, also known as Travis Heffelinger, was arrested on suspicion of the murder of his 18-month-old daughter, Kytana Ancog.

Kytana had been missing for two weeks and her family was hoping that she would be found alive. Those hopes were dashed when her father was arrested during the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 13.

Rodrigues was apprehended for questioning at a home on Paala Loop in Kapolei just after 11:30 a.m.

CrimeStoppers said, authorities arrested Rodrigues on suspicion of second-degree murder. There is no word on Kytana’s location as of 7 p.m. on Saturday.

Police and the K9 unit were called to that address during the evening of Friday, Feb. 12, but there has been no official word on why they were there or what they may have found.

Father of missing toddler, 2nd suspect arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder​

The father of a young girl who has been missing for two weeks was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder Saturday and remains in custody.

Authorities picked up 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues about noon Saturday and brought him in for questioning in connection to the disappearance of his daughter, 18-month-old Kytana Ancog.

Police have also arrested a second suspect — Scott M. Carter — on second-degree murder charges.

Kytana was last seen Jan. 31 when her mother, Ashley Ancog, dropped her off at Rodrigues’ Aiea home.

On Friday night, police and K9 units searched that home along Kaulaniahee Place. There was no sign of the child. Sources say Rodrigues was taken into custody Saturday in Honokai Hale.

He was arrested about 5 p.m., though no charges have yet been filed.

Honolulu police have released few details on the case. The investigation is ongoing.

Honolulu police have confirmed 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues, also known as Travis Heffelinger, was arrested on suspicion of the murder of his 18-month-old daughter, Kytana Ancog.

Kytana had been missing for two weeks and her family was hoping that she would be found alive. Those hopes were dashed when her father was arrested during the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 13.

Rodrigues was apprehended for questioning at a home on Paala Loop in Kapolei just after 11:30 a.m.

CrimeStoppers said, authorities arrested Rodrigues on suspicion of second-degree murder. There is no word on Kytana’s location as of 7 p.m. on Saturday.

Police and the K9 unit were called to that address during the evening of Friday, Feb. 12, but there has been no official word on why they were there or what they may have found.

Father of missing toddler, 2nd suspect arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder​

The father of a young girl who has been missing for two weeks was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder Saturday and remains in custody.

Authorities picked up 40-year-old Travis Rodrigues about noon Saturday and brought him in for questioning in connection to the disappearance of his daughter, 18-month-old Kytana Ancog.

Police have also arrested a second suspect — Scott M. Carter — on second-degree murder charges.

Kytana was last seen Jan. 31 when her mother, Ashley Ancog, dropped her off at Rodrigues’ Aiea home.

On Friday night, police and K9 units searched that home along Kaulaniahee Place. There was no sign of the child. Sources say Rodrigues was taken into custody Saturday in Honokai Hale.

Honolulu police have released few details on the case. The investigation is ongoing.
What in the heck? A second man AND the father was arrested for the murder of the child? Mom takes child to dad's house and this happens? And why two weeks before a word?

Such a beautiful happy looking child. :(

AKA noted.

Two suspects arrested in connection with presumed death of missing baby who hasn’t been seen in weeks​

Police also arrested 48-year-old Scott Carter in connection with the baby’s presumed death. Both suspects have been charged with second-degree murder. The Honolulu Police Department stated that foul play is likely involved but it’s unclear what led them to that determination.

The Honolulu Star reports that Kytana’s mother, Ashley Ancog, moved in with the toddler’s maternal grandmother, Lisa Mora, in March. Mora told the outlet that she hadn’t even heard of Rodriques until around a month ago and has never met him.

“From what I learned, she was scared of this guy and doesn’t want to say anything,” Mora said.

Defense attorney Megan Kau said that Carter was probably arrested because investigators think he helped cover up Kytana’s disappearance. Regardless of whether Carter actually participated in the child’s death, he still may be liable.

“Even though they didn’t do anything to the child, it makes that person liable for same act murder the second degree,” Kau told Hawaii News Now.

Two suspects arrested in connection with presumed death of missing baby who hasn’t been seen in weeks​

Police also arrested 48-year-old Scott Carter in connection with the baby’s presumed death. Both suspects have been charged with second-degree murder. The Honolulu Police Department stated that foul play is likely involved but it’s unclear what led them to that determination.

The Honolulu Star reports that Kytana’s mother, Ashley Ancog, moved in with the toddler’s maternal grandmother, Lisa Mora, in March. Mora told the outlet that she hadn’t even heard of Rodriques until around a month ago and has never met him.

“From what I learned, she was scared of this guy and doesn’t want to say anything,” Mora said.

Defense attorney Megan Kau said that Carter was probably arrested because investigators think he helped cover up Kytana’s disappearance. Regardless of whether Carter actually participated in the child’s death, he still may be liable.

“Even though they didn’t do anything to the child, it makes that person liable for same act murder the second degree,” Kau told Hawaii News Now.
There is certainly something missing in this story. The mother is scared of the father but drops the child with him? The child is 1.5 years old but the maternal grandmother never knew of the father? I guess it is possible she had no choice if he had court ordered rights/visitation...

HPD says an incident occurred in the time frame of Friday, February 5 at 12:01 a.m. until Saturday, February 6 at 12:00 p.m.

So we have:

Sunday January 31 - Kytana's mom drops her off at dad's (Travis Heffelinger / Travis Rodrigues) home

Friday February 5 / Saturday February 6 - An "incident" occurs

Wednesday February 10 - Missing persons report made for Kytana

Friday February 12 - Police search dad's home with K9s

Saturday February 13 - Dad located and arrested on suspicion of 2nd degree murder

Sunday February 14 - Second man (Scott Carter) also arrested on suspicion of 2nd degree murder

HPD says an incident occurred in the time frame of Friday, February 5 at 12:01 a.m. until Saturday, February 6 at 12:00 p.m.

So we have:

Sunday January 31 - Kytana's mom drops her off at dad's (Travis Heffelinger / Travis Rodrigues) home

Saturday February 13 - Dad located and arrested on suspicion of 2nd degree murder

Sunday February 14 - Second man (Scott Carter) also arrested on suspicion of 2nd degree murder
What in the *&^% happened over there? I probably don't want to know!

In just reading between the lines here, this child lived to 18 months old and looks happy and healthy in what can tell from the couple of pictures. I would almost guess this man never had this (his?) child until now? That also seems likely since the grandmother did not know about him. But WHY NOW?

In just reading between the lines here, this child lived to 18 months old and looks happy and healthy in what can tell from the couple of pictures. I would almost guess this man never had this (his?) child until now? That also seems likely since the grandmother did not know about him. But WHY NOW?
Probably had to take him to court and prove paternity is my guess and then the courts gave him visitation to "get to know" her.

Probably had to take him to court and prove paternity is my guess and then the courts gave him visitation to "get to know" her.
That's a likely possibility that crossed my mind although that is a long time after birth to do that.

I also wonder if he was possibly in jail and recently got out.

Perhaps she had a means of support or a significant other and never needed him to pay support and something changed that she moved in with her mother and needed to pursue child support and then visitation came with... His motive could also be child support sadly...

That's a likely possibility that crossed my mind although that is a long time after birth to do that.

I also wonder if he was possibly in jail and recently got out.

Perhaps she had a means of support or a significant other and never needed him to pay support and something changed that she moved in with her mother and needed to pursue child support and then visitation came with... His motive could also be child support sadly...
Oh wow! That's an interesting speculation. I wonder if he was in jail?

Suspects charged in connection with missing 18-month-old girl​

Travis Rodrigues, also known as Travis Heffelinger, has been charged with murder in the second degree. His bail has been set at $2 million.

The second suspect, 48-year-old Scott Carter, has been charged with hindering a prosecution in the first degree. His bail has been set at $1 million.

Oahu woman describes apparent injuries on young Kytana Ancog just before her disappearance​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...-make-full-recovery-from-covid-19/ar-BB1dIUnU

a small child smiling at the camera: Kytana Ancog
© Provided by Honolulu KHNL Kytana Ancog
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu police are still searching for the body of 18-month-old Kytana Ancog.
Kytana was last seen alive on January 31st. That’s when Elena Ganotise said her friend Ashley Ancog brought her daughter Kytana to her home.
“The last time I seen Kytana was when Ashley came out of the hospital. My son picked them up. They both came to my house,” Ganotise said.
Ganotise said Kytana appeared to be injured.
“She was all bruised up,” said Ganotise. “It was really bad. It was swollen. Her face was swollen … her head was swollen. She had unusual bruising on top her cheek.”
Ganotise said Kytana stayed with other friends while Ashley was in the hospital and she advised Ashley to take Kytana to see a doctor.
“I just told her go take her to the hospital. Check her out,” Ganotise said.
According to Honolulu police, the toddler was dropped off to her father Travis Rodrigues, 40, that day.
Rodrigues is now charged with murder.
Rodrigues friend Scott Carter, 48, is charged with first-degree hindering prosecution. Authorities say Carter helped hide key evidence in the case.
The two suspects have extensive criminal records.
Defense attorney Myles Breiner says it still may be a tough case to prove.
“The old general principal is no corpus, no crime. But the fact remains that they could prove the case circumstantially, certainly if someone has made any incriminating statements,” said Breiner.
If you have more information that can help police, call Crime Stoppers at 955-8300.

Oahu woman describes apparent injuries on young Kytana Ancog just before her disappearance​

San Diego Zoo gorillas make full recovery from Covid-19

a small child smiling at the camera: Kytana Ancog
© Provided by Honolulu KHNL Kytana Ancog
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu police are still searching for the body of 18-month-old Kytana Ancog.
Kytana was last seen alive on January 31st. That’s when Elena Ganotise said her friend Ashley Ancog brought her daughter Kytana to her home.
“The last time I seen Kytana was when Ashley came out of the hospital. My son picked them up. They both came to my house,” Ganotise said.
Ganotise said Kytana appeared to be injured.
“She was all bruised up,” said Ganotise. “It was really bad. It was swollen. Her face was swollen … her head was swollen. She had unusual bruising on top her cheek.”
Ganotise said Kytana stayed with other friends while Ashley was in the hospital and she advised Ashley to take Kytana to see a doctor.
“I just told her go take her to the hospital. Check her out,” Ganotise said.
According to Honolulu police, the toddler was dropped off to her father Travis Rodrigues, 40, that day.
Rodrigues is now charged with murder.
Rodrigues friend Scott Carter, 48, is charged with first-degree hindering prosecution. Authorities say Carter helped hide key evidence in the case.
The two suspects have extensive criminal records.
Defense attorney Myles Breiner says it still may be a tough case to prove.
“The old general principal is no corpus, no crime. But the fact remains that they could prove the case circumstantially, certainly if someone has made any incriminating statements,” said Breiner.
If you have more information that can help police, call Crime Stoppers at 955-8300.
I am entirely confused. None of this makes any sense to me. So this child was already bruised when the mother took the child and dropped her off with her father? It also says the child was with other friends while the mother was in the hospital, then this friend noticed the child was bruised it sounds like.

So we have:

So, this is absolutely sickening and confusing!

Katana was not taken to a hospital by her Mom when she had such horrific sounding injuries? And who caused these injuries?

Why in the %$#@ world would it take the mother TEN days to report her child missing?? If this was a first visit with this creep, ooops I mean her dad the court probably wouldn't have given a long visit. I cant imagine it would be more than 2 days at most but no missing persons report for this precious baby for 10 days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorTova
Back