Canada JUSTIN EVANS: Missing from Kilworthy, Ontario, Canada - 12 December 2020 - Age 22 *Found Deceased*

JUSTIN.jpg

The family of a young man who has been missing for more than a month is pleading for information about his suspicious disappearance.

Justin Evans, 22, has been missing from his Kilworthy home, just south of Gravenhurst, since Dec. 12. His roommate at Muskoka Falls Camp and Trailer Park reported him missing two days later, said Evans’s stepfather, James Bolton.

It’s out of character for Evans to take off for long periods of time without contacting family, he said.

“He’d always let people know what he was doing,” he said. “We never expected anything was wrong until we got a call from his roommate’s mom, asking if we’d seen him.”

Family members showed up at Evans’s home to find it had been cordoned off with police tape.

The OPP Criminal Investigation Branch is overseeing the case with the assistance of Bracebridge OPP, the Muskoka Crime Unit and OPP Forensic Identification Services.

“Foul play has not been ruled out and it is considered criminally suspicious,” said OPP Det.-Insp. Matt Watson.

Evans loved the outdoors, said Bolton, who often went fishing with his stepson. Bolton even checked some of their favourite fishing spots, but couldn’t find anything.

The family has received an outpouring of support, much of it through the Bring Justin Evans Home Facebook group.

“It’s fantastic that there are so many people who are looking out for him,” Bolton said.

He described Evans as “fun to be around.” He enjoyed hanging out with his young cousins and “was always a joker.”

Evans’s disappearance “is still an active investigation and we continue to follow up on all leads,” Watson said, noting the search efforts have included aviation, canine and analytical services as well as the Emergency Response Team.

“We remain very concerned for Justin and his family is desperate to learn of his whereabouts,” Watson said. “I’m urging anyone with information, no matter how insignificant they may think it is, to contact (Bracebridge) OPP. If they wish to remain anonymous, then please call Crime Stoppers.”

Bolton echoed that plea.

“Something bad happened and we just want to find out what happened,” he said. “Come forward if you do know something.”

He said the family is “fearing the worst” and, while hoping for the best, they want closure.

“He may not come home safe, but we can put him to rest,” he said.

Evans is described as being six-foot-three, with a slim build, brown hair, blue eyes and no facial hair. He was last seen wearing a grey winter coat, blue jeans and camo boots.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Information can also be submitted at www.crimestopperssdm.com.

Last edited:
Justin Evans is a 22-year-old young man who went missing on December 12, 2020. He went to the shed that Saturday morning to go “tinker” on his snowmobile.

He was living with his best friend, his best friends girlfriend and his best friends parents. Justin wasn’t reported missing until 2 1/2 days later. Was it just confusion? or is there more to the story than we think?

Police and his family are asking anyone with information to please call Bracebridge OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Alternately you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). You can submit your information online at www.crimestopperssdm.com if you have any information on this crime or any other crime. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display and you will remain anonymous. Being anonymous, you will not testify in court and your information may lead to a cash reward of up to $2,000.

I watched this last night:

This is not looking good for Justin! Why is his lifetime best friend doing this? Lying? Victim blaming? It's over the top!

A week or two ago I thought about posting this case thread but never did it. I watched this one of Linda's first and it caught my interest. So I did it backwards and once I saw this phone one, I went back and watched her other one or was it two? Her initial one for sure and this one.

There is much reason to question here including as you know some posts those he knew made. The case caught my attention when hearing it all.

It also sure sounded like the shed looked like a crime scene which would lend one to think whatever happened to him happened on the property he was living on...

Noting to read this later. Reddit is hard for me to read on my phone, even with their app.
Linda is on Reddit now? Didn't know that. I have been there a few times through the years but find it difficult to find threads, responses and navigate it.

ETA: I was wrong, thought this was posted from Linda's crime site name but it's not.

Last edited:
Interesting! That might be what Linda and Justin's sister were alluding to in this video. I watched a lot of it, but not all. Grab a Kleenex!

Did you watch this one? There were a few things I did not fully understand. I give his sister credit for being there to keep attention on his case. It is long, I watched it in segments.

Did you watch this one? There were a few things I did not fully understand. I give his sister credit for being there to keep attention on his case. It is long, I watched it in segments.
I watched the first part of it. That YouTube is just too long for my busy lifestyle lately. If it was in the dead of winter, I probably would’ve watched all of it. Watching the video of his life made me really sad for his family.

I watched the first part of it. That YouTube is just too long for my busy lifestyle lately. If it was in the dead of winter, I probably would’ve watched all of it. Watching the video of his life made me really sad for his family.
Same here. It is either feast or famine. For a time, I haven't been able to watch many either, too much going on, and have only tried to keep up with YouTube or videos that are breaking news on a case I have already been interested in. I get when something is live that they sometimes go on for hours and it is good if the case needs a break in it, to see what comes out in comments and more. Three to four hours though, wow. That's a huge part of people's time or awake hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deanna Reilly
Back