JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
As a person who has worked H.R. for a long time, I've seen where most companies that allow for spousal life insurance at all will allow for a much lower amount than the employee. So Chad's life insurance through Tammy's employer being way lower than Tammy's wouldn't be a surprise to me at all.
Similar experience and knowledge. However, what surprises me is that they could take up to like the $400K on Tammy either. And if so, it would be at one heck of payroll deduction. I actually at one job had I think a $40 on me. RARE a compan provides that much. WE had health and life back and forth on my ex's job and mine. At that job mine was better so we switched the health and dental. When I quit we switched it back onto his. The extra life was always at his, I had my 40K at my job but never took more. At his it wasn't huge but I think we covered each of us like at $75K or some such. Enough to pay off debt and mortgage if one died and all that over his $10K free had premiums deducted for. $400 and some K would be a huge payroll deduction. Was this insurance on and only through Tammy's employer??? Or some private policy Chad took out....

I wonder what Brandon thinks about her having his driver's license!? Was it expired???
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is so Lori like using Charles' account after dead but this is even before with Brandon. That man is so lucky to be alive it isn't even funny... And I'm not even sure Mel gets this from Lori or who is worse quite honestly... She is her own little sugar wouldn't melt in her overly sweet dumb blonde acting mouth--but did you ever see the taste of her other side and temper...? I did. I swear I have seen all there is in these cases everywhere, oodles of hours on end. Can't recall ALL but I do a lot of it.

Court is back. I though don't expect Boyce to go long. It's Friday and he just generally doesn't. Shall see I guess. Linda has been back for awhile. Ten minutes or so while I was catching up here. I can hear it on my other tab.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is so Lori like using Charles' account after dead but this is even before with Brandon. That man is so lucky to be alive it isn't even funny... And I'm not even sure Mel gets this from Lori or who is worse quite honestly... She is her own little sugar wouldn't melt in her overly sweet dumb blonde acting mouth--but did you ever see the taste of her other side and temper...? I did. I swear I have seen all there is in these cases everywhere, oodles of hours on end. Can't recall ALL but I do a lot of it.
I wonder if she did use his credit cards after she left him? We really don't know.

I have to go watch as apparently there's an exhibit Wood was trying to get to work that now he has since break...To see if it important or what the importance...

I wondered how many people would shudder at this information! Hey, I have Google Home, Siri, computers, etc. The good news is that I'm boring as hell and if they searched my devices they would soon learn I'm innocent. :innocent::rofl:
I obsess about having mine not read each other or have BT, SIRI, nothing in my car on, etc. and yet like you there is NOTHING they could glean from me, I am boring as heck. It just freaks me out I guess. Of course because I won't connect join things I have no printer ever working without issues as I want it hard wired, and other problems that going along with SUCH UP TO DATE TECH might solve. I can't get over my oldest sister and my mome go all for all of it. I'd think they'd be more resistant.

The funniest part though is the criminals like Chad, Lori, LISK, so many more. They get and run around with burner phones etc all the while Google or other having a ton of info on them and whereabouts, etc. LMAO.

He deleted Tammy from everything in his life. I do hope his kids will wake up. Will they go back and watch the trial? I don't think they can right now because they have been subpoenaed as witnesses, right? The list is sealed, but Prior said a few of them could testify.
I think family can. This came up with someone I forget right now. IN this trial already where they can be in the courtroom even though they are going to be a witness. SIL of Chad or something maybe?

I truly don't like to come down on kids even though now adult kids. I resist it for the longest of times until I just can't any longer. This case and Morphew. OMG. I get, I think ANY of us can imagine losing one parent and not wanting to lose the other and needing that one even more so but there also comes a point where come on, no one expects to have a parent like that but WAKE UP. If that whole tranq combo still has Barry's kids thinking he had nothing to do with Suzanne's murder?? Give me a break. Not much different here for Chad. There is sooooo much. In both cases. I know it isn't pleasant but save yourself and honor your MOTHER and justice for her. The lies and denial they have to be telling themselves is beyond ridiculous. I don't LIKE being that way or that judgmental but I am done with both sets of "kids" who are no longer kids.

I'm curious here though. Prior said the kids were going to testify then he changed it to well four of five, then quickly to three or four of five. Will there be one or two for prosecution OR who try to stay out of it and not defend dad at least....? So much is sealed....

He deleted Tammy from everything in his life. I do hope his kids will wake up. Will they go back and watch the trial? I don't think they can right now because they have been subpoenaed as witnesses, right? The list is sealed, but Prior said a few of them could testify.
Sadly I am starting to wonder a bit more about the kids. Due to some things that have come out at this trial. With Emma and with Garth at least. I am not there yet and hoping this hint of thought is wrong that is starting to come in. They truly need to wake up just for that reason alone. It is one thing to defend dad, it is another to wonder about them. And I am starting to and never had. Certainly doesn't mean they weren't controlled or gaslighted but some things are seeming beyond comprehension...

Didn't she get busted for some stuff she did to him after their divorce?
Her and Alex broke in or some such or something like that to her in-laws garage? I think she was arrested that night. There is a ton of body cam and more on it with both her and Alex. The kids and Brandon I believe were staying with his folks. I am sure the intent that night was worse. This was when both she and Alex were living near Lori, the whole tribe, pretty certain. This was some plot that did not pan out imo.

Imo her kids and Brandon are only alive due to luck and miracles. I believe she probably sees her kids these days and has one at least even with Ian and that's darned scary. That woman is BAD NEWS but comes across as just the sweetest thing until you see her other side.... Same with Mel G.

On the other hand Brandon got like some what, 12 mill lawsuit settlement from was it the county?... I tell you there is so much more I wonder about in this case and players beyond what we see... A lot isn't talked about, wondered about or ignored... The church as well.

I don't expect a response, just offering what I know that you might be thinking of and that was Mel and Alex's liittle night time trip, not often heard of or talked of...

I wonder if she did use his credit cards after she left him? We really don't know.
No clue. Wouldn't surprise me. And you know Brandon may even have known or it not bothered. Seriously. Maybe not known her full intent or possession of his cards and license but it seems to me BOTH Brandon and Charles were BLINDSIDED by their wives turning, wanting divorce and new ways and beliefs. I don't know how to put this but I am not sure what to believe there-- the LDS has a lot out there when women think they are leaving or taking the children....

BUT if we go by what we see, or are told, Charles and Brandon were good men who loved their wives and children, and could not understand in either case where this came from just one day out of the blue... I recall Brandon devastated and wanting his family and his wife, probably similar with Charles. I have to stay there because if I go into the entire thing and thoughts I have, and other stories some of us have heard, it will just convolute it. Think Elantra Fisher as just one example.

I want these two monsters convicted but I think there's a lot more to it and the church as well. Sorry if not a popular opinion or PC. How many have left it even related to these cases/family?

I realize I have kind of jumped off and went sideways lol.

I DO think Charles and Brandon were/are good men and husbands. Still though I think there's some component here that plays in. Ignore me. Please. I think they have to dial these cases down away from all that to get the two convicted. Not sure we will ever hear the rest. More is coming here in Chad's trial though and hints than in Lori's...

There is definitely NEW stuff like Mel with his license and credit cards...

Oh man. Think I might actually be caught up here. laundry done but having to hang some yet. Listening not to intently to live trial on this one. Hungry as HE77 but haven't lost a full day yet which normally seems to happen with a day off. MOST of my have to to tasks are done and it's not evening yet. Thank goodness. 2:30. Can't reach EITHER realtor or the CPA. Over two days. Go figure.

Wow Boyce is actually continuing for today for at least another half hour... Questions about graphic photos and when though....

Wow Boyce is actually continuing for today for at least another half hour... Questions about graphic photos and when though....
I was updating the text update upthread but it made the post too large to manage. So it will now be in a separate new post describing the recovery of Tylee and JJ's remains. Very graphic. I am still updating that new post now.

Last edited:
I obsess about having mine not read each other or have BT, SIRI, nothing in my car on, etc. and yet like you there is NOTHING they could glean from me, I am boring as heck. It just freaks me out I guess. Of course because I won't connect join things I have no printer ever working without issues as I want it hard wired, and other problems that going along with SUCH UP TO DATE TECH might solve. I can't get over my oldest sister and my mome go all for all of it. I'd think they'd be more resistant.

The funniest part though is the criminals like Chad, Lori, LISK, so many more. They get and run around with burner phones etc all the while Google or other having a ton of info on them and whereabouts, etc. LMAO.
I never have my location turned on yet Google still knows I am in Wales, as I get all the Welsh news LOL. I don't think they know my exact location though. It's scary really. It's like having a tracker everywhere you go.

I have just updated the text update upthread. It is now describing the recovery of Tylee and JJ's remains. Very graphic. I have posted the details of the excavation of Tylee's remains so am waiting for the rest to be posted by East Idaho News.
Hey, you posting the Tweets every single day has kept me up on this totally. I think I have but will again say thank you.

I try when I can by linking Nate's nightly recap and Linda's. Every single thing well worth it but at work I have lived and seen by reading the tweets you put up on breaks so I am not so far behind when I get home.

Day off but back to work tomorrow and a busy day off. I knew they came back and weren't done in court, heard something from Boyce about graphic photos and Wood responding but wasn't able to listen and give full attention. Clearly graphic is coming.

I have such total faith that Chad will be convicted/ I mean even just thsi far in, even with jurors not knowing all we do or have watched. it is sooooo obvious already if we knew nothing. Short of a rogue idiot juror, Chad shield your storm.

I have total and sincere faith that Tylee and JJ will see justice.

I do think there are others that should be facing charges but the two big selfish kahunas are going down.

Friday 3rd - afternoon update
Warning - Graphic details

LIVE UPDATES FROM THE CHAD DAYBELL TRIAL​

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRIAL LIVE
Please excuse the typos. These are live updates from the courtroom.

EDITOR’S NOTE: GRAPHIC DETAILS ARE CONTAINED IN THIS STORY. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

1.52 p.m. Daniels says the shovel seems dirty and was a tool they were interested in from the scene. The two pieces of evidence are removed from the courtroom. Boyce says we will now break until Monday. Join me tonight on ‘Courtroom Insider’ at 6:30 p.m. MDT.
1:49 p.m. Daniels unwraps the pick and holds it up in front of the jury. Daniels says the pick was dirty. Daniels unwraps the next exhibit. It’s a shovel.
1:47 p.m. All tools were turned over the Rexburg Police Department. Wood moves to admit some physical evidence. A police officer and deputy bring in tools. Daniels approaches the table wearing gloves and will testify holding a microphone.
1:45 p.m. Wood displays more photos showing tools in the garage.
1:44 p.m. A photo of two shovels taken as evidence is shown on the screen. Other tools were also taken: a saw, clippers, an ax – tool that could have been used “to do something to our human remains that were found,” Daniels says.
1:42 p.m. We now see an image of shovels and other tools that were taken into evidence. “These are the tools most likely used in the burial,” Daniels says. There is now a solo photo of a pickaxe. There was debris on the blade of the pick and other black marks.
1:37 p.m. The next few photos show tools lined up in the garage. After a brief sidebar, Boyce says there will be no afternoon break today but court will dismiss in about 30 minutes. There are no more graphic pictures today so everything will now be displayed on the big screen.
1:35 p.m. Wood displays a photo. Daniels describes it as the garage/barn on Daybell’s property. Daniels was interested in what tools could be used to bury someone.
1:32 p.m. The backhoe went a little deeper and wider in the burial site to make sure police had everything. Once the backhoe was done, the animal remains were put back in and the area was filled up with dirt.
1:31 p.m. An anthropologist went through the remains once they were all removed. Daniels describes a photos of some bricks that were found at the burial site.
1:28 p.m. Daniels describes close up photos of the melted green bucket and the skull. When the team went into the ground to remove the remains, they fell apart, according to Daniels. He says everything fell to pieces and they picked them up and put them into a body bag.
1:26 p.m. The next photo shows a melted green bucket. At the bottom of the picture is Tylee’s skull. “The oil on the top side – there was a harder substance to it that made it difficult for us to excavate.” Daniels believe it could have been concrete so a backhoe was brought in to move it.
1:24 p.m. Daniels describes orange stakes that were set up around Tylee’s burial site. This photo shows one of the wooden sifters.

1:23 p.m. The next picture shows charring pink flesh, Daniels says. Daniels describes the following photo of what the scene looked like on June 10.

1:21 p.m. The next photo shows pieces of Tylee. “These were the first pieces that we were able to say, ‘These are human remains.'” Crews started to wrap up for the day and the remains went to the coroner. Jurors are closely looking at the monitors in front of them and some are taking notes.

1:19 p.m. Daniels describes the next photo which shows charred flesh. Shovels, rakes and a variety of other smaller tools were used at this point.

1:17 p.m. By this point, police had already found JJ’s burial site. Hand tools were brought in at this point. The next photo shows a large white piece of bone. This was Tylee’s burial site.

1:15 p.m. Daniels describes the next photo. It shows one of two vertebrae found at the scene. Daniels says around this time, there was a smell of human decomposition.

1:12 p.m. Boyce says graphic photos will now be shown. The jury, prosecution and defense will see the images but the public and livestream will not.

1:11 p.m. We now see an image of part of the pet cemetery. Dog and cat remains were found in the general area. The spot was processed by hand going layer-by-layer. The dog and cat remains were removed. A backhoe was brought in to go deeper. Tylee’s burial site was just north of the pet cemetery site.

1:07 p.m. Wood displays the chain on the big screen to the jury. The chain says Pura Vida. The team found the chain while sifting through soil. Wood displays the charm on the screen. Wood shows a photo of Tylee and in the picture, Tylee is wearing the chain with charm.

1:03 p.m. Daniels is wearing rubber gloves. He opens the exhibit and we learn the piece of evidence is the necklace chain. The other exhibit is the charm found at the fire pit.

1:02 p.m. A deputy wearing gloves brings in the pieces of evidence. They are given to John Prior for inspection and then taken to Daniels on the witness stand.

1:01 p.m. Some physical evidence will now be brought into the courtroom.

12:59 p.m. The charm was moved and put on a piece of paper next to a placard marked with #1.

12:58 p.m. The next photo shows the silver charm that was collected in the fire pit. “This was one of the first pieces of evidence we collected on June 9,” Daniels says. The charm was found just outside of the grid perimeter. The next picture is a closer view of the charm.

12:56 p.m. A picture of the fire pit with soil and rocks removed is now shown. The next image is a metal necklace-type chain found in the fire pit. Possible bone fragments and other items were found in the fire pit.

12:53 p.m. We see a photo of exactly what the fire pit looked like on June 9. Daniels says the fire pit was processed layer by layer. Then began by removing limbs and then went through each layer one at a time. A tarp was put down and wooden sifters were brought in sort through the soil.

12:51 p.m. Law enforcement found a dog statue on the property and noticed some depressions in the ground underneath. We see an image of the grids police made on the property.

12:48 a.m. The next satellite image is a close up of the fire pit. The location of Tylee’s grave is noted, along with the spot where her charm was found.

12:47 p.m. We now see a satellite image of the property. Daniels points out the fire pit and the area near the tree, where they had telephone pings. Law enforcement did not exactly where the pet cemetery was located on the property.

12:45 p.m. The next photo shows the view out of the kitchen window. You can see the barn and beyond the barn is Tylee Ryan’s burial site and the fire pit. Now we see an image of the property taken from one of the bedrooms at the house.

12:43 p.m. The next slide shows a photo taken from the second story window looking toward a tree. JJ’s remains were found under the tree. There was a trailer parked near the tree – it was a law enforcement trailer. Another photo from the second story shows the view of the property from the other direction.

12:41 p.m. Two deputies just set up a table in front of the jury. They are in their seats and Daniels is on the stand. We see a photo of Chad’s house with a vehicle parked in the driveway.

12:36 p.m. Back in the courtroom. Larry Woodcock just passed out mints to several people in the gallery. Kay is not here today.

Last edited:
The pair of them deserve to rot in hell for what they did.
Agree. In all these cases it gets so much away from what heinously happened to innocent victims and about the "defendant". These two are as bad as it gets and I hope I dare say we shall never see another case/s like this one. I pray. Every once in a great while I think of the beginning and I anyone goes back and looks at the first three pages here of this thread way back when--when it was only about missing kids and hope it was some custody thing, etc. it is eye opening from our shock then to all we have learned since. Seriously everyone should so such once in awhile in any case thread...

Am I evil to hope Chad gets death? Am I evil to hate Lori didn't? Imo they slaughtered children (and others) and actually took glee in it.

HE is REALLY bad and that way. I don't know if right or wrong but I see Alex as a bit of a misguided gullible dufus. He may also have been evil to the core but not as sure.

Out of all, CHAD IS. To the core. He loves it and thrives on it and I think was hands on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSandlot6
Back