JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori *GUILTY* & Chad Daybell for murder

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the guy said that Prior asked him for his help, but who knows what the truth is? All I know is that he’s going to be paying out the nose for his little stunt.
yeah it was weird in that it was all handled, said and penalties applied and yet we still don't really know what it was about... I know back when itw as filed many came to the conclusion it was about media and broadcasting but I didn't see any hint of that here, more of a hint it was defense related. But when Boyce asked him what role he was going to play or float in etc lol since he is not a party if it had been approved and more it was funny. He was mad.

Wow Linda is ON IT in this one and already has one out. And I know she had a long day I watched a fair amount of it and she has been doing it every day.

So this is a shorter one than Nate's for anyone who hasn't seen it, it starts in the beginning rather than coming in towards the end.

Of course I forgot the lousy audio has it where you can't hear these buffoons til closer to the end. Boyce though can be heard throughout.

OMG this is the third time I've seen it but I still pick up on more each time and what a couple of idiots.

Can hear most. Prior called him for help. Now it is semantics. Boyce laughs at that. It is NOT semantics he says.

Don't ask me why but on my third or fourth run through I get the feeling even though an atty this is like one of those anti govt things... And unrelated but it reminded me of something else today.

Prior did catch Mel G a bit today in something she said and all her 300+ emails between her and Rob Wood, I can't necessarily relate this or recall but this was the point, she had said she will protect the church and that is her intent and goal (paraphrasing but this WAS the gist of it) and initially she danced around it when asked but did admit to it when pushed and made light of all the emails with Wood. I can't recall if I had to do something or it ended then or went to break but it is not over by a long shot with her....

I am kind of switching subjects here a couple of times but Linda's video above is mostly all the replay of the ending thing but she says a bit before and has some comments after too with good thoughts. It is a great way to watch this one big ting with these last minute motion filing non parties.

Jumping again but back to 360 or something like that texts between GIbb and the prosecutor is something else. Chad is guilty but why you'd have something like that discoverable and have to be shared I do not know. We were in touch with the prosecutor in our case but not like THAT. It was detectives up until charged, then the victim advocate and the detective contact ceased which I missed and still felt a need for. After each hearing, motion, etc. prosecutor would talk to us but there were no back and forths by email etc. Of course ID law is a bit strange to me and not sure if there had been it would be shared but who knows....

I am absolutely anti defense and Chad is guilty, going away and done for but I do find that amount of emails pretty odd. I said texts but meant emails. Each thing I talk of here is unrelated but just thoughts that I recalled I wanted to remember earlier.

And just a thought, when I think about how flirty and schmoozy Lori and Mel G were with cops in interviews and tired to convince, sway and did so, Mel G talking and emailing Wood all of the time strikes me similar.... I am assuming she was the one making contact and not him but it isn't over yet and I am guessing we will find out.

I do NOT LIKE HER. I DO THINK Chad and Lori fully guilty but she is getting away with a lot imo as well.

I forget also but there were further things on some things today we had heard of prior but more than we knew I am pretty sure.

I am no going to be able to watch much but highly recommend to those that can to do so or turn th sound on while working around the house. THere is a reason the public wants tings televised so if youi can, take advantage. When the aren't and I have to rely on print in some cases, I hate we cannot see expressions, hear tone, speed of uestions and answers and so forth.

Of course there will be dry times I am sure like in any trial but today was Mel G and the others I definitely would want to hear and see will be Chad's kids. Mel P if they risk that bit*, etc. That sweet lil sugar melts in her mouth talking circles bit* wit**.

Justice is coming JJ, Tylee, Charllles and TAmmy.

Oh Prior also hit Mel on Joe's life insurance today as well...

And with that, where I've had a lot of real life today and day off NEVER is a day off for what I have to deal with but managed a fair amount of this DP trial I wont bore with the details of this stupid apt complex and more in life, I am wiped and before I drop off I am going to go watch some mundane cooking and homemaking videos. And not talk of and yell about all the other... Sigh.

Thursday 18th last update.​

LIVE UPDATES FROM THE CHAD DAYBELL TRIAL​

Excuse the typos – these are live updates from the courtroom

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRIAL LIVE

3:59 p.m.
Bartlett asks Boyce to address their written filing. Boyce says he can ask but he may not get them. Bartlett asks to talk to the judge and Boyce says, “I’m done with this issue and I’m done wasting time on this issue. We are in recess.” The hearing is over. Join me tonight on ‘Courtroom Insider’ and we will break it all down.

3:58 p.m. Boyce says this was a frivolous filing that cost time, effort and real loss for the attorneys and the court. Boyce is going to ask defense and prosecution to itemize time spent on this pleading and Ratliff will pay attorneys fees for both sides. Court will also itemize billing time. Boyce says he is handing down a sanction that Ratliff pay the fees.

3:57 p.m. Ratliff says he was nervous and it was late at night when he filed his motion thus all the typos and mistakes in his motion.

3:55 p.m. Boyce says there is case law that prohibits intervention in a criminal case and Boyce asks what right Ratliff has to intervene as an attorney or a citizen. Ratliff says according to Idaho law, he can intervene. Ratliff says he was hoping to have a hearing in front of Boyce before the trial started.

3:54 p.m. Ratliff says it’s semantics by filing a citizen versus an attorney. Boyce says, “No it’s absolutely not” and says it’s very difference filing as a citizen versus an attorney.

3:53 p.m. Ratliff says he was looking for immediate relief of concerns he has about the case. Boyce asks why he was doing it at 11:45 p.m. on a Friday night. “Trial is scheduled for how many years and you wanted to slow it down the day before it started?” Boyce asks. Ratliff says he filed the pleading without permission of the defendant or his counsel.

3:51 p.m. Ratliff filed the wrong case number, according to Boyce. Ratliff titled himself as the attorney for the defendant three times in his motion. Ratliff says that was an error because it was in his template. Boyce asks who he is the attorney for. Ratliff says it should have been signed “citizen.”

3:50 p.m. Boyce is back on the bench. Ratliff says he is willing to answer Boyce’s questions.

3:45 p.m. Boyce says he has questions for Michael Ratliff – NOT his attorney. Bartlett says he will consult with Ratliff briefly.

3:44 p.m. Boyce shuts Bartlett up and says he can not argue the motion as his client – an attorney – filed the motion.

Don't ask me why but on my third or fourth run through I get the feeling even though an atty this is like one of those anti govt things... And unrelated but it reminded me of something else today.

Prior did catch Mel G a bit today in something she said and all her 300+ emails between her and Rob Wood, I can't necessarily relate this or recall but this was the point, she had said she will protect the church and that is her intent and goal (paraphrasing but this WAS the gist of it) and initially she danced around it when asked but did admit to it when pushed and made light of all the emails with Wood. I can't recall if I had to do something or it ended then or went to break but it is not over by a long shot with her....

I am kind of switching subjects here a couple of times but Linda's video above is mostly all the replay of the ending thing but she says a bit before and has some comments after too with good thoughts. It is a great way to watch this one big ting with these last minute motion filing non parties.

Jumping again but back to 360 or something like that texts between GIbb and the prosecutor is something else. Chad is guilty but why you'd have something like that discoverable and have to be shared I do not know. We were in touch with the prosecutor in our case but not like THAT. It was detectives up until charged, then the victim advocate and the detective contact ceased which I missed and still felt a need for. After each hearing, motion, etc. prosecutor would talk to us but there were no back and forths by email etc. Of course ID law is a bit strange to me and not sure if there had been it would be shared but who knows....

I am absolutely anti defense and Chad is guilty, going away and done for but I do find that amount of emails pretty odd. I said texts but meant emails. Each thing I talk of here is unrelated but just thoughts that I recalled I wanted to remember earlier.

And just a thought, when I think about how flirty and schmoozy Lori and Mel G were with cops in interviews and tired to convince, sway and did so, Mel G talking and emailing Wood all of the time strikes me similar.... I am assuming she was the one making contact and not him but it isn't over yet and I am guessing we will find out.

I do NOT LIKE HER. I DO THINK Chad and Lori fully guilty but she is getting away with a lot imo as well.

I forget also but there were further things on some things today we had heard of prior but more than we knew I am pretty sure.

I am no going to be able to watch much but highly recommend to those that can to do so or turn th sound on while working around the house. THere is a reason the public wants tings televised so if youi can, take advantage. When the aren't and I have to rely on print in some cases, I hate we cannot see expressions, hear tone, speed of uestions and answers and so forth.

Of course there will be dry times I am sure like in any trial but today was Mel G and the others I definitely would want to hear and see will be Chad's kids. Mel P if they risk that bit*, etc. That sweet lil sugar melts in her mouth talking circles bit* wit**.

Justice is coming JJ, Tylee, Charllles and TAmmy.

Oh Prior also hit Mel on Joe's life insurance today as well...
The timeframe of the emails between Gibb and the prosecutor appears to be over a period of 6 months, so only averages out to around 2 per day/14 per week. That doesn't sound like much at 2 a day.

I was surprised at her testimony often indicating the stuff was not LDS. So they were rogue with all this rating of dark and light for kids and partners? No way do the authorities want this to implicate the church IMO.

I noticed in her testimony she confirms that she and David slept in JJ's room and she didnt know where he was. She also briefly mentions the nightmare and the land visit but Lori and JJ did not go with them and Chad the next day.

Last edited:
I think its because we've been through one trial, but I'm getting bored with the same testimony. But I still am compelled to read it. Ha ha. Anyone else?
I'm not getting much time to read or follow everything. Concentrating on posting the daily updates and will reread /get up to speed over the weekend. The Ratliff thing is intriguing me though. Any thoughts?

The timeframe of the emails between Gibb and the prosecutor appears to be over a period of 6 months, so only averages out to around 2 per day/14 per week. That doesn't sound like much at 2 a day.

I was surprised at her testimony often indicating the stuff was not LDS. So they were rogue with all this rating of dark and light for kids and partners? No way do the authorities want this to implicate the church IMO.

I noticed in her testimony she confirms that she and David slept in JJ's room and she didnt know where he was. She also briefly mentions the nightmare and the land visit but Lori and JJ did not go with them and Chad the next day.
They may be re Gibb and Wood, I don't know but I also never knew they could get these things and if that was known it wasnt' wise and two a day is definitely a lot. The are prosecutors, not investigators and that would be a lot to the investigator on your case and that is if you are victim's family which she is not. I go by our experience. Prosecutor did not have that kind nof contact, maybe a bit more so with my daughter, the key one, to tell of what she knew of him, I honestly have never asked but nothing like that If she had quesetionr or was in contact was any issue. If such is just ID or the way today I don't know but if they knew this what the heck are they doing? That is a LOT of contact and Gibb is nothing but a witness, one of many, for the prosecution. I find the amount extreme and you know I am prosecution sided generally and anti perps when I believe they are guilty which I do with both Lori and Chad, hands down.

Two a day sounds like a LOT. These prosecutors have other cases, other witnesses, etc. And is it her contacting him or vice versa? If it is her to him it makes more sense and is Les a thing imo than if him to her. If SHE is worried and she did lie in the beginning and I think personally she is still not 100 percent forthcoming, she may be one of those overboard dumping and quesitong and telling what she can without implicating herself or David types. We don't know the content do we? I don't think? But Prior wants to make a deal of them and they do exist.

The church is SO in this. And have the power to shut some stuff up and have imo. Getting the church or elephant out of the room has been a priority from day one but they are in the room. Every single ONE of these people were active church members, temple goers and so on. Other than Alex who felt shame at being ex communicated. And it mattered to them to as Mel and Lori both liked or hid the sex with their partners, Chad and David or excused it like in Lori's case as she checked with Jesus each time. Oh man give me a break.

To go back to the early days of this case there was definitely a lot of hints that a lot more was involved and a lot of others which has disappeared. And things like AVOW and Preparing the People and authors and podcasts and the "CHURCH" and Julie Rowe and Jason Meu or Leu, memory not perfect there and so many and that just kind of disappeared.... Ever watch Julie Row? OMG. And ALL are part of "the" "CHURCH".

This is peppered all over with the "church". I feel it and see it even in the court. Saw it when Lori was having her mental vacations and the church's atty was contacting her. And Mark Means. And so many.

It has been intentionally over time shut down and pulled away from where many forget as they do with politics or anything else.

Yeah initially she never shared a room with David. Per her. The land thing has always been one of her not quite sure parts. She is even vaguer this time with more I forgets than back when blaming it on all this time gone by. However she is just great with some memories when it benefits.

Don't get me wrong, Chad is guilty, Lori is, I want both to go down but Mel G is a witness worried about her own hide. And David's. And reputation. Etc. And has locked herself in. Imo both Mels just for starers know exactly what happened to these kids if not even a part of it. Same with Charles. Same with attempts on Tammy and Brandon. NONE ever wondered where tI shhe kids were and were THERE. Give me a break. They knew this was part of the plan. Amd by the way their kids were next and coming.

I think Prior may, hard to say, end up being able to show Mel G is a liar and more but it does not remove Chad. I am not as sold on David but the man did go against rules and watch her testimony of Mel in Lori's trial. Mel G protects him or used to. It was said by Nate tonight was it that they are still married but live apart. /Their relationship has always been of and a bit that way.

Not sure of my points. I fell asleep for awhile and woke up in this middle of the night rare for me quiet time in life. Should have went back to sleep but got up for a bit and stupidly decided to catch up a bit, not just here but with some life as well that needs attending. Now I is 4:03 a.m. and I hope and will need to get a few more hours sleep at some point here but not tired now because I stupidly got up. I need to though at some point in the next hour or two or I will ruin tomorrow (today) which I need badly. Next week my days off are shot as they are all travel and committed to handle something. So that puts me in a full hard two weeks of work with no down day off. I shouldn't talk though, I know you have quite a load too as do many others. Hugs to all.

I'm not getting much time to read or follow everything. Concentrating on posting the daily updates and will reread /get up to speed over the weekend. The Ratliff thing is intriguing me though. Any thoughts?
Linda said it had to do with some atty for East Idaho News?! yet never explained that and there sure was no hint from Nate tonight that was the case. He was on it and them and making fun of it so guessing she has that wrong? Early on when the motion was filed I forget who I was watching and they determined to had to do with news most likely and coverage as well and cameras and so on BUT listening to it today, it is like they represent Chad or did or Prior contacted them.

So even though it was heard and discussed and Ratcliff and whatever his attorney's name was, etc., etc., it is still all very gray as to the reason and content. I listened like FOUR TIMES maybe five after watching Nate's nightly show. My instinct is it was a defense stunt, was my instinct from the start, then thought otherwise possibly based on reaction, then back to it. on the other hand this could be just some rogue idiots claiming such.

I know your time is limied too but with this thing I recommend hearing it. And watching a few times. He flat out says I think that Prior called him or called on him? To help. and listen to Boyce in all of it about the last minute attempt to deraila capital case... And more.

I still have literally no idea what the Ratcliff thing is/was about.

In a nutshell, Ratcliff filed a frivolous motion that was riddled with errors, and the motion has been sealed, so we don’t know what it was about. Whatever it was about, the judge was not a happy camper that it wasted the courts time. Especially when one of his employees was taken out of church over it on Easter Sunday!

Linda said it had to do with some atty for East Idaho News?! yet never explained that and there sure was no hint from Nate tonight that was the case. He was on it and them and making fun of it so guessing she has that wrong? Early on when the motion was filed I forget who I was watching and they determined to had to do with news most likely and coverage as well and cameras and so on BUT listening to it today, it is like they represent Chad or did or Prior contacted them.

So even though it was heard and discussed and Ratcliff and whatever his attorney's name was, etc., etc., it is still all very gray as to the reason and content. I listened like FOUR TIMES maybe five after watching Nate's nightly show. My instinct is it was a defense stunt, was my instinct from the start, then thought otherwise possibly based on reaction, then back to it. on the other hand this could be just some rogue idiots claiming such.

I know your time is limied too but with this thing I recommend hearing it. And watching a few times. He flat out says I think that Prior called him or called on him? To help. and listen to Boyce in all of it about the last minute attempt to deraila capital case... And more.

Well seems like it was a mystery. I will just have to Google a bit LOL.

Will Lori testify in Chad's trial? He didn't in hers AFAIK. Are they considered co-conspirators so are not able to testify or did they choose spousal privilege so as not to testify?

Anyone know?

Well seems like it was a mystery. I will just have to Google a bit LOL.

Will Lori testify in Chad's trial? He didn't in hers AFAIK. Are they considered co-conspirators so are not able to testify or did they choose spousal privilege so as not to testify?

Anyone know?
You can't claim spousal privilege regarding cases involving minors. I wonder if she's on any witness lists?

They may be re Gibb and Wood, I don't know but I also never knew they could get these things and if that was known it wasnt' wise and two a day is definitely a lot. The are prosecutors, not investigators and that would be a lot to the investigator on your case and that is if you are victim's family which she is not. I go by our experience. Prosecutor did not have that kind nof contact, maybe a bit more so with my daughter, the key one, to tell of what she knew of him, I honestly have never asked but nothing like that If she had quesetionr or was in contact was any issue. If such is just ID or the way today I don't know but if they knew this what the heck are they doing? That is a LOT of contact and Gibb is nothing but a witness, one of many, for the prosecution. I find the amount extreme and you know I am prosecution sided generally and anti perps when I believe they are guilty which I do with both Lori and Chad, hands down.

Two a day sounds like a LOT. These prosecutors have other cases, other witnesses, etc. And is it her contacting him or vice versa? If it is her to him it makes more sense and is Les a thing imo than if him to her. If SHE is worried and she did lie in the beginning and I think personally she is still not 100 percent forthcoming, she may be one of those overboard dumping and quesitong and telling what she can without implicating herself or David types. We don't know the content do we? I don't think? But Prior wants to make a deal of them and they do exist.

The church is SO in this. And have the power to shut some stuff up and have imo. Getting the church or elephant out of the room has been a priority from day one but they are in the room. Every single ONE of these people were active church members, temple goers and so on. Other than Alex who felt shame at being ex communicated. And it mattered to them to as Mel and Lori both liked or hid the sex with their partners, Chad and David or excused it like in Lori's case as she checked with Jesus each time. Oh man give me a break.

To go back to the early days of this case there was definitely a lot of hints that a lot more was involved and a lot of others which has disappeared. And things like AVOW and Preparing the People and authors and podcasts and the "CHURCH" and Julie Rowe and Jason Meu or Leu, memory not perfect there and so many and that just kind of disappeared.... Ever watch Julie Row? OMG. And ALL are part of "the" "CHURCH".

This is peppered all over with the "church". I feel it and see it even in the court. Saw it when Lori was having her mental vacations and the church's atty was contacting her. And Mark Means. And so many.

It has been intentionally over time shut down and pulled away from where many forget as they do with politics or anything else.

Yeah initially she never shared a room with David. Per her. The land thing has always been one of her not quite sure parts. She is even vaguer this time with more I forgets than back when blaming it on all this time gone by. However she is just great with some memories when it benefits.

Don't get me wrong, Chad is guilty, Lori is, I want both to go down but Mel G is a witness worried about her own hide. And David's. And reputation. Etc. And has locked herself in. Imo both Mels just for starers know exactly what happened to these kids if not even a part of it. Same with Charles. Same with attempts on Tammy and Brandon. NONE ever wondered where tI shhe kids were and were THERE. Give me a break. They knew this was part of the plan. Amd by the way their kids were next and coming.

I think Prior may, hard to say, end up being able to show Mel G is a liar and more but it does not remove Chad. I am not as sold on David but the man did go against rules and watch her testimony of Mel in Lori's trial. Mel G protects him or used to. It was said by Nate tonight was it that they are still married but live apart. /Their relationship has always been of and a bit that way.

Not sure of my points. I fell asleep for awhile and woke up in this middle of the night rare for me quiet time in life. Should have went back to sleep but got up for a bit and stupidly decided to catch up a bit, not just here but with some life as well that needs attending. Now I is 4:03 a.m. and I hope and will need to get a few more hours sleep at some point here but not tired now because I stupidly got up. I need to though at some point in the next hour or two or I will ruin tomorrow (today) which I need badly. Next week my days off are shot as they are all travel and committed to handle something. So that puts me in a full hard two weeks of work with no down day off. I shouldn't talk though, I know you have quite a load too as do many others. Hugs to all.
Its Jason Mow and Julie Rowe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondTwicy
Back