JONBENET RAMSEY - Found dead in Boulder, Colorado on Christmas Day 1996 - Age 6

So I am not sure about everyone else, but I have run the gamut in this case through the years in my opinions. I have watched almost all of it as most have but it has been some time. There have been times I have believed the Ramseys and then times I fall back to not believing it...

I don't think most of us would dispute the initial investigation and crime scene handling was not great...

So where I sit now, I tend to always come back to this was someone in the family. Like I have said in other cases, I just do not think it is that common a perp comes in and takes a child from home and in THIS case, the perp took the child to the basement and committed the crime while all family members were home? Hard for me to believe. Add in the ransom note which someone probably thought would "help" point in a different direction and for me all it did was make me lean more towards family...

I'm not set on any theory, myself. If it hadn't been so botched in the beginning, maybe we would know enough to at least lean one way or another. I go back and forth on this one.
Yah, I am not sold either, it is just where I come back leaning (not 100 percent by any means)... Then I can dance off again... It definitely was botched. Big time.

TS-4+C2.jpg

I guess I forgot how big this house is. I mean I knew it was but forgot just how many floors and how big.

My biggest hang-up in this case is the ransom note. If someone finds her body in the home, which is where she was, there will be no $$$ or ransom... It just does not make sense... Also, if the person could get in, they certainly can get out...

I tend to stand on the side of the fence of her family being involved. But not firmly enough to argue for it. Definitely still holding onto the fence so I can hop back over to the other side if necessary. Might elaborate later.

I tend to stand on the side of the fence of her family being involved. But not firmly enough to argue for it. Definitely still holding onto the fence so I can hop back over to the other side if necessary. Might elaborate later.
I'm definitely not sold on it. I just want to make that clear. I have watched Ramsey interviews and at the end of them entirely believed in the parents. I am talking about where I lean when I look at the facts we do know, I tend to doubt the stranger kind of theory, and I guess with overall likelihoods... I am at best 60/40, definitely not accusing outright. I mean stranger things have happened.

In no rush to discuss, I think about this case off and on once in a blue moon and just thought I would put it up. I certainly am not fresh on the facts. I do know it is one many people follow everywhere so thought I'd add it to the line-up.

If I HAD to voice an opinion, I would say that the family was covering up something. What? I have no idea. But, I admit that I could be 100% wrong.

One thing I will come out and state, though, is that I don't think this case will ever be "solved".
I agree. I can't clear any family member.

When all of the sensationalism, botched investigation and more is stripped away in this case, to me it actually seems pretty clear it was someone in the house or more than one.

When I put this up I was not up to date or fresh on it. After that, I watched a pretty thorough video and it reminded me of some things. One of those things for instance was that they found two practice ransom notes in the house...

I can't help it, no perp stays in a home for time on end when others could discover him, much less a note that detailed and long. No perp leaves a ransom note when they know there is no hope of the ransom because they killed or intend to kill her in the home. These are simply a couple of things but there are so very many.

This case has so many things wrong it is not even funny. One can only wonder which people throughout skewed it intentionally and which were just inept and in some cases maybe it was egos.

When the FBI got there the day of, they went in assuming a kidnapping and set up at LE headquarters, not at the house. The MINUTE the FBI guy heard of the note, he knew it was not a kidnapping and his radar went up. He advised LE at the house to keep track of the Ramseys... And this was before she was found...

So very much wrong here... The DA had LE softpedal with the parents, no serious separation or questioning went on at all, etc.

Long after, the DA under pressure took the case to a Grand Jury who heard evidence for a FULL YEAR I think it was said. When concluded, he announced to the public no charges were coming against the Ramseys and never mentioned that the Grand Jury recommended indictment. In Colorado, the Grand Jury cannot talk of what they decided and he knew it. He let the public think the Grand Jury did not indict. It later came out that THEY DID and he decided not to charge...

Think about that once. You spend that time and money to convene the Grand Jury and submit this case for that length of time, knowing all along I guess you would not indict if it came back recommended...?

Much wrong. A lot wrong. Jmo and just a few things I am mentioning.

I agree. I can't clear any family member.

When all of the sensationalism, botched investigation and more is stripped away in this case, to me it actually seems pretty clear it was someone in the house or more than one.

When I put this up I was not up to date or fresh on it. After that, I watched a pretty thorough video and it reminded me of some things. One of those things for instance was that they found two practice ransom notes in the house...

I can't help it, no perp stays in a home for time on end when others could discover him, much less a note that detailed and long. No perp leaves a ransom note when they know there is no hope of the ransom because they killed or intend to kill her in the home. These are simply a couple of things but there are so very many.

This case has so many things wrong it is not even funny. One can only wonder which people throughout skewed it intentionally and which were just inept and in some cases maybe it was egos.

When the FBI got there the day of, they went in assuming a kidnapping and set up at LE headquarters, not at the house. The MINUTE the FBI guy heard of the note, he knew it was not a kidnapping and his radar went up. He advised LE at the house to keep track of the Ramseys... And this was before she was found...

So very much wrong here... The DA had LE softpedal with the parents, no serious separation or questioning went on at all, etc.

Long after, the DA under pressure took the case to a Grand Jury who heard evidence for a FULL YEAR I think it was said. When concluded, he announced to the public no charges were coming against the Ramseys and never mentioned that the Grand Jury recommended indictment. In Colorado, the Grand Jury cannot talk of what they decided and he knew it. He let the public think the Grand Jury did not indict. It later came out that THEY DID and he decided not to charge...

Think about that once. You spend that time and money to convene the Grand Jury and submit this case for that length of time, knowing all along I guess you would not indict if it came back recommended...?

Much wrong. A lot wrong. Jmo and just a few things I am mentioning.
That it was someone from the family is the absolutely only thing that makes sense. But we will never see justice for JonBenet, those Idiot DAs made sure of that. Just my personal opinion.

That it was someone from the family is the absolutely only thing that makes sense. But we will never see justice for JonBenet, those Idiot DAs made sure of that. Just my personal opinion.
I agree, nothing else makes sense no matter how I look at it.

They bungled this case horribly, whether by incompetence or intentionally. I feel probably some of both.

Last edited:
So it should be simple. They have DNA from a cigarette(from whereever this suddenly appeared), so now they can have a real suspect. I'd recommend to look at the people that were in that house that night, lol.
Eta
And hello again, wild goose chase!!
I know I am not going to get too excited. The history of this case gives ample reason not to. But who knows, one can hope I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back