IA JODI SUE HUISENTRUIT: Missing from Mason City, IA - 27 June 1995 - Age 27

1607053196308.png
The Doe Network:
Case File 1326DFIA

1603562902202.png 1603562906154.png 1603562911099.png

Jodi Sue Huisentruit
Missing since June 27, 1995 from Mason City, Cerro Gordo County, Iowa.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 5, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"-5'4"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jodi Huisentruit, an anchor at KIMT television station in Mason City, Iowa, disappeared from outside her apartment as she left for work
at approximately 4:00 on June 27, 1995. Initially a missing person case, Huisentruit's disappearance was soon classified an abduction. When investigators arrived at her apartment complex they found her red Miata convertible in the parking lot. A pair of red women's dress shoes, a blow dryer, bottle of hair spray, car keys and earrings were scattered beside the car. The key was found bent and out of the door lock. Witnesses indicate that they heard screams at 4 o'clock that morning. Investigators are looking for a white mid 1980s Ford Econoline van. Foul play is suspected.

Huisentruit grew up in Long Prairie, Minnesota, where she was active in sports, excelling in golf. She earned her bachelors degree in 1990 from St. Cloud State University with a double major in TV Broadcasting and Speech Communication. Huisentruit worked for Northwest Airlines immediately after graduation, followed by a broadcasting position at KGAN-TV Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She then returned to Minnesota for a position at KSAX-TV in Alexandria, before joining KIMT-TV in Mason City.

The Jodi's Hope Fund has been established to help youngsters in Long Prairie, Minnesota — where Jodi Huisentruit grew up — develop their writing and speaking skills. To learn more about the fund and how to contribute, go to www.jodishopefund.com.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Mason City Police Department
641-421-3636
Iowa Missing Persons Clearinghouse
1-800-346-5507
Email

NCIC Number: M-844559811
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Iowa Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Namus
Find Jodi
Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office
Unsolved Mysteries

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:

Now I'm off to find news on a Daybell hearing and I think there is recent on Kouri Richards as well. Haven't had time to watch a single thing on any case./any of them And Delphi with State responding.

Find Jodi sign goes up in Mason City​

Nearly 29 years later, the search for former news anchor Jodi Huisentruit continues with a billboard newly placed near Mason City.

The billboard is located on Highway 106, 19 Street Southwest near the Mason City Country Club; Huisentruit attended a charity gold tournament dinner at the venue the night before she went missing.

The billboard was comissioned by FindJodi, Inc., an organization dedicated to locating Huisentruit.

1704309498564.png

Find Jodi sign goes up in Mason City​

Nearly 29 years later, the search for former news anchor Jodi Huisentruit continues with a billboard newly placed near Mason City.

The billboard is located on Highway 106, 19 Street Southwest near the Mason City Country Club; Huisentruit attended a charity gold tournament dinner at the venue the night before she went missing.

The billboard was comissioned by FindJodi, Inc., an organization dedicated to locating Huisentruit.

View attachment 21064
Yeah. Wow. I do clearly remember her going missing. I had just turned 25, 17 days before she went missing. It's always stuck with me. Just like a puff of smoke. She was gone. I get such a creepy feeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back