CT JENNIFER DULOS: Missing from New Canaan, CT - 24 May 2019 - Age 50 *Troconis GUILTY of Conspiracy*

missing-2-ht-er-190529_hpEmbed_6x5_992.jpg

New Canaan mom Jennifer Dulos is missing: Here’s what we know​

Fotis Dulos, 51, is the estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos, 50. She has been missing since May 24, 2019. Fotis Dulos operates a building company, The Fore Group. He has built custom homes in Fairfield and Litchfield counties and the Farmington Valley. In her initial divorce filing, Jennifer Dulos described her husband’s affinity for water skiing, which she characterized as an “obsession.” She said he insisted on their children training to be world-class water skiers, and had them on a strict training regimen that she believed was dangerous and excessive, and sometimes would go on from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone asks to have their GPS monitoring removed, that in and of itself is enough for me to think that NO she shouldn't be able to take it off.
I know I have forgot some fine details here but I know they both had issues with their former GPS monitors in the early days.... Pretty sure his was not put on right or no battery or something, or simply not even attached, it didn't work, he crossed state or county lines that he was not to.... Hers I think they let her leave state and stay with a friend get away from the area and such with her daughter and a friend maybe, with approval but something went wrong there too... I can't remember the details, maybe someone else does. They were not to have contact either with each other and perhaps they didn't but it seems like both things failed or some such so who would know... Been a weird one from the start imo. And the victim/mom, not a body to this day of the missing mother right?

Kind of hard to understand why one would relax a rule and GPS after more charges are now added on??? But then as stated I THINK they already had bond violations and no big consequences...

To the best of my recollection.

A judge has modified the bond conditions for former attorney Kent Mawhinney, who is charged in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

A Stamford judge has modified bail and conditions of released to allow Mawhinney to visit his sick father in Florida, according to court documents.

In a warrant, Mawhinney is accused of trying to provide an alibi for Dulos the morning Jennifer Farber Dulos went missing.

Mawhinney has remained behind bars on the $2 million bond he was first hit after his January arrest.

To be released from Cheshire Correction Institution, Mawhinney must post a cash bond of $500,000 and also post a real estate bond for the fair market value of the property of his parent's house in Manchester, which is valued at $196,000.

The bond totals $246,000.

Mawhinney will have to surrender his passport after posting bond and cannot travel outside of the state other than visiting his father in Florida.

He will also be monitored by GPS while released on bond.

Mawhinney has not been released yet and is still in custody. There has been not date set for him to be transported to court to bond out.

Attorney: ‘There won’t be much’ money left for Dulos children​

Attorneys for Jennifer Dulos’ mother are asking the court to turn over any personal property owned by Fotis Dulos’ high-end real estate development company to pay off a $1.9 million lawsuit judgment.

In June, Gloria Farber, who has been caring for the five Dulos children since her daughter vanished in May 2019, won a civil lawsuit she filed against Fotis Dulos for unpaid business loans her family made to his company, Fore Group.

However, Fotis Dulos was nearly bankrupt when he died in January from an apparent suicide while he faced murder and other charges in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife.

“I’m trying to collect anything I can for this poor woman,” Farber’s attorney, Richard Weinstein, said in an interview with Hearst Connecticut Media.

Weinstein is also seeking to add $600,000 to the amount Farber is owed by Fotis Dulos’ estate as part of a foreclosure action on his Farmington home.

Since the estate is in probate proceedings, Farber has not received any of the money. The estate is basically insolvent with all the properties owned by Fotis Dulos and the Fore Group in foreclosure proceedings, Weinstein said.

Farber and her grandchildren will likely not receive anything from the estate, Weinstein said.

“Any amount that we can recover will be for the children, but there won’t be much after legal fees are paid,” he said. “It’s a shame.”

A judge has modified the bond conditions for former attorney Kent Mawhinney, who is charged in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

A Stamford judge has modified bail and conditions of released to allow Mawhinney to visit his sick father in Florida, according to court documents.

In a warrant, Mawhinney is accused of trying to provide an alibi for Dulos the morning Jennifer Farber Dulos went missing.

Mawhinney has remained behind bars on the $2 million bond he was first hit after his January arrest.

To be released from Cheshire Correction Institution, Mawhinney must post a cash bond of $500,000 and also post a real estate bond for the fair market value of the property of his parent's house in Manchester, which is valued at $196,000.

The bond totals $246,000.

Mawhinney will have to surrender his passport after posting bond and cannot travel outside of the state other than visiting his father in Florida.

He will also be monitored by GPS while released on bond.

Mawhinney has not been released yet and is still in custody. There has been not date set for him to be transported to court to bond out.
I can't help but mention that they had trouble with GPS with both Dulos and his sidekick honey in a very serious case but maybe this time if they grant it, it will be flawless... I hate to be that way but if we can take it as fact... They couldn't get it right in the beginning with the others...

On an entirely different case the other day I put in current crimes, the monitor was going off and no one was doing anything about it as the guy stole and THEN killed, etc.. so many crimes in the neighborhood.... Mostly him as they came to find out. It was put down to overworked probation or parole officers, can't track the monitor or have time to do it, more money is needed, more officers, uhm... Hmm, we are in a day of high technology... Maybe that ankle monitor should start screaming when out of their area... To warn anyone around like a car alarm or louder. Probably cost less money than those overworked or not doing their job, no benefits, etc. rather than add more people and jobs, they already have one so overworked he or she missed many crimes.... And the perp would likely run too if a high shriek or alarm came from the monitor and whatever he was up to brought attention from people... Are you going to kill when your monitor is shrieking?

A bit off this case but really? It does relate to GPS monitoring. They failed in two GPS attempts in this case of very serious suspects or at least left the suspects off monitoring for a period of time...

I can't help but mention that they had trouble with GPS with both Dulos and his sidekick honey in a very serious case but maybe this time if they grant it, it will be flawless... I hate to be that way but if we can take it as fact... They couldn't get it right in the beginning with the others...

On an entirely different case the other day I put in current crimes, the monitor was going off and no one was doing anything about it as the guy stole and THEN killed, etc.. so many crimes in the neighborhood.... Mostly him as they came to find out. It was put down to overworked probation or parole officers, can't track the monitor or have time to do it, more money is needed, more officers, uhm... Hmm, we are in a day of high technology... Maybe that ankle monitor should start screaming when out of their area... To warn anyone around like a car alarm or louder. Probably cost less money than those overworked or not doing their job, no benefits, etc. rather than add more people and jobs, they already have one so overworked he or she missed many crimes.... And the perp would likely run too if a high shriek or alarm came from the monitor and whatever he was up to brought attention from people... Are you going to kill when your monitor is shrieking?

A bit off this case but really? It does relate to GPS monitoring. They failed in two GPS attempts in this case of very serious suspects or at least left the suspects off monitoring for a period of time...

Not too happy with his particular turn of events with relation to Kent Mawhinney’s new status-and not too happy with Michi Troconis’s new ability to go where she wants, when she wants. They’d better not take off their ankle monitors

Not too happy with his particular turn of events with relation to Kent Mawhinney’s new status-and not too happy with Michi Troconis’s new ability to go where she wants, when she wants. They’d better not take off their ankle monitors
Yeah, this case... There sure have been some questionable things imo. I guess at least they are on ankle monitors but let's just hope they "work" this time. It certainly is a slow moving case and I feel it will continue to drag on. I agree, I think it seems a bit too lenient, the "new status" of each. I worry about justice in this case quite honestly.

Yeah, this case... There sure have been some questionable things imo. I guess at least they are on ankle monitors but let's just hope they "work" this time. It certainly is a slow moving case and I feel it will continue to drag on. I agree, I think it seems a bit too lenient, the "new status" of each. I worry about justice in this case quite honestly.
I worry about justice in this case, too. Yesterday I was thinking about the possibility that, with Fotis Dulos dead, they will end up letting the other two gradually slide away. That the pandemic in a way will allow people to stop thinking about this case and allow Troconis and Mawhinney more and more freedom, until one day it’s just over-when one or both of these two skips town or does what Dulos did, and then they don’t have to try them.

I worry about justice in this case, too. Yesterday I was thinking about the possibility that, with Fotis Dulos dead, they will end up letting the other two gradually slide away. That the pandemic in a way will allow people to stop thinking about this case and allow Troconis and Mawhinney more and more freedom, until one day it’s just over-when one or both of these two skips town or does what Dulos did, and then they don’t have to try them.
You put that very well and I get the very same feeling so it must be what most are sensing/seeing this case start to look like... I think nothing will ever come of it or it will end up being some sweet deal and barely a slap on the hand like "time served" and all done...

You know, LE did a good job in finding video of the two disposing of things and various evidence but the other side of the system, or parts of it sure make me wonder with some of the decisions made with bail and allowing her even back when to leave the area (when she went off monitor if I recall) and how do you end up with two ankle monitor issues in the same case on two different people...

His suicide should not halt justice but yes, it seems to have taken the air out of the case and that's not right...

The search for Jennifer Dulos continues in Connecticut​

More than a year and a half after the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, state police are now looking for her remains.

"From day one that was our goal—our mission—was to find Jennifer," says Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo. "Find her and find out what happened to her for her family; for her children. That’s really what we’re looking for."

State Police search for Jennifer Dulos every day. Colangelo has been on the case since day one. Jennifer has been missing for more than 530 days and is presumed killed by her estranged husband Fotis Dulos on May 24, 2019 after she dropped her children off at school.

"In it’s height we had, it’s amazing, I had every state police major crime unit; I had every state police k-9; I had the FBI; I had homeland security; I had a lot of different agencies involved," says Colangelo. "The cooperation was amazing."

Lawmakers are seeking justice in other ways, too. One is through Jennifer's Law, a bill that would allow family court judges to issue protective orders for coercive control even if a victim has not been physically assaulted.

State Senator Alex Kasser, the bill's sponsor, says coercive control includes psychological abuse, emotional abuse, financial abuse and legal abuse.

"I am confident we are going to find Jennifer. That is something that troopers are working on, detectives are working on every day," says Colangelo.
Michelle Troconis' next court date is November 24. Kent Mawhinney is due back on the 30th.

I couldn't read this, blank page. May be due to my settings. I found another article so just checking, are they talking about the Dulos attorney that was charged, it is he cooperating from what I have found?
Snip from the article ..
FARMINGTON, CT (WFSB) – New information released on Monday in the case of missing New Canaan mother, Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Courthouse documents say one of the suspects being charged with conspiracy to commit murder is cooperating with police.

Kent Mawhinney is being charged with conspiracy to commit murder, along with Fotis Dulos’ former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis.

Troconis’ attorney is asking for more information about Mawhinney, indicating he did an interview with police before he was released on bond this fall.

In a motion filed in Stamford Superior Court on Monday, Attorney Jon Schoenhorn refers to Mawhinney as a “jailhouse informant.”

*(to read article turn off adblock)

Snip from the article ..
FARMINGTON, CT (WFSB) – New information released on Monday in the case of missing New Canaan mother, Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Courthouse documents say one of the suspects being charged with conspiracy to commit murder is cooperating with police.

Kent Mawhinney is being charged with conspiracy to commit murder, along with Fotis Dulos’ former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis.

Troconis’ attorney is asking for more information about Mawhinney, indicating he did an interview with police before he was released on bond this fall.

In a motion filed in Stamford Superior Court on Monday, Attorney Jon Schoenhorn refers to Mawhinney as a “jailhouse informant.”

*(to read article turn off adblock)
Thanks. That's about what I read, just wanted to be sure.

I find it ironic her attorney calls Mawhinney a jailhouse informant when any information that he gets from his own client Michelle could be said to be from a jailhouse informant as well lmao since they are both charged. I know who I would be more apt to believe...

Here is another article about the search. I wouldn't say it sounds very promising but hard to say whether they would state if they find anything. It sounds almost as if it is because the property is sold and last chance to search. The odd spot or possible pipe thing sounds interesting but it is unclear if they could dig it up.

The attorney for Michelle Troconis wants some of his client’s charges dismissed in the Jennifer Dulos case based on apparent errors he contends were in the arrest warrant.

Attorney Jon Schoenhorn is also seeking sanctions against Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo for not providing evidence related to co-defendant Kent Mawhinney, according to one of his three motions filed Thursday in state Superior Court in Stamford.

In a third motion, Schoenhorn wants a judge to remove the GPS unit Troconis is required to wear so she can water ski and attend her daughter’s snow skiing competitions.

The motions were filed after state police conducted a two-day search of a former Farmington property owned by Troconis’ former boyfriend, Fotis Dulos.

Troconis is slated to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Feb. 2. It is unclear if any of the motions filed Thursday or any previous ones filed by Schoenhorn will be discussed during the hearing.

1 year after Fotis Dulos suicide, wife's disappearance remains unsolved​

Tuesday marked one year after Fotis Dulos attempted to take his own life amid an investigation into the disappearance of his wife, a case that remains unsolved even after exhaustive efforts by investigators.

The investigation into the New Canaan mother's disappearance has stalled and her body has never been found. Authorities believed she was killed in her garage. Earlier this month, authorities scoured a Farmington property owned by Dulos' development company.

Investigators were seen digging holes and police K-9s were present as well as ground-penetrating radar. The property had been the site of previous search efforts.

Robert Perry, a New Hampshire-based cemetery geophysics expert known as the "bone finder," was brought in to assist and pinpoint spots where Jennifer Dulos could potentially be buried, he told Fox News.

He wound up finding five locations where soil had been disturbed. Four were near a wood line and one near the basement of the home on the five-acre property.

"I was asked to go into the house and to scan in the basement there below the stairwell, there was an area that was already been dug up and cemented over," Perry told Fox News. "If you have disturbed soil, somebody just dug it up and put soil back on the ground and don't put anything in the ground."

Disturbed soil could result from the area being dug up, which could make it difficult for radar detection, he said.

"They could have just dug it up, you know, just dug up the dirt," Perry said. "Somebody out there digging up the dirt and maybe radar will not pick up. Sometimes if it's the objects not too small, you know, they won't pick them up sometimes."

Nothing was found during the hours-long search and Perry did not find anything resembling human remains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondTwicy
Back