CT JENNIFER DULOS: Missing from New Canaan, CT - 24 May 2019 - Age 50 *Troconis GUILTY of Conspiracy*

missing-2-ht-er-190529_hpEmbed_6x5_992.jpg

New Canaan mom Jennifer Dulos is missing: Here’s what we know​

Fotis Dulos, 51, is the estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos, 50. She has been missing since May 24, 2019. Fotis Dulos operates a building company, The Fore Group. He has built custom homes in Fairfield and Litchfield counties and the Farmington Valley. In her initial divorce filing, Jennifer Dulos described her husband’s affinity for water skiing, which she characterized as an “obsession.” She said he insisted on their children training to be world-class water skiers, and had them on a strict training regimen that she believed was dangerous and excessive, and sometimes would go on from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfred Branch,Patch Staff​

Posted Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 6:19 pm ET
|Updated Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 6:40 pm ET

STAMFORD, CT — Michelle Troconis, who was convicted last week in connection with the disappearance and death of Jennifer Farber Dulos, is seeking for her conviction to be overturned, and to receive a new trial.

Attorney Jon Schoenhorn, who represents Troconis, filed the motions on Thursday, stating, in part, that "the verdict of guilty is not supported by sufficient evidence to sustain the state’s burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt on any of the six counts."

In the motion for a new trial, Schoenhorn wrote:

a. [The prosecutors] improperly appealed to emotion and prejudice by telling the jury that the case

was “about” the Dulos children as they sat in the first two rows of the public gallery section of the courtroom in full view of jurors, when the case was actually “about” the guilt or innocence of the defendant, and none of the charges made reference to the children;

b. They repeatedly and improperly asserted that the defendant “lied” to police investigators when the trial evidence was in dispute on that very point, and thereby expressed a personal opinion about the defendant’s credibility;

c. The prosecutor who presented the rebuttal argument improperly and gratuitously engaged in an ad hominem attack on defense counsel and the presentation of evidence; and

d. They improperly engaged in speculation and made claims unsupported by evidence to suggest that random unrelated innocent acts were not a “coincidence” and therefore constituted a course of nefarious conduct for which no actual evidence was presented.

She is scheduled to be sentenced on May 31, at which time, she faces a possible maximum sentence of 20 to 50 years in prison, depending on whether the terms run concurrently or consecutively.

"It does not appear she will be making bond any time soon," Schoenhorn said in an email to Patch. Following her conviction last week, Schoenhorn said he anticipated that she may be able to make bond at some point this week.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More at link. ~Summer
Well I like the NO BOND likelihood comment by her attorney. I'd also point out that she will continue to use up all the apparently endless money her family has as it goes to appeal. As to his grounds or appeal, whatever, they don't sound very significan to me but again he's made oodles and will continue to. He also lost the case... Maybe her family should reconsider their lawyer... Sarcasm half intended.

She has been out forever on bond and I forget how much time if any she spent in jail initially. I'm sure it is a real wakeup for her now.

When they talked bond I was outraged. Although our direct murderer was out on bond and many things happened I to this day am not happy about with the case including the sentence, the minute he was convincted the defense asked for bond so he could you now, get his life in order and arrange for the long time he was going to be away or whatever, put things with loved ones who knows. We were aghast, I don't think we were ever warned that could happen and we'd been through the mill and back. And had it delayed and more for three YEARS. BUT judge immediately and flatlly denied it, he knew this trial was coming, FOREVER, and that it could end either way. He went into immediate custody which is how it should be.

MICHELLE has been free forever and KNOWN this too. I couldn't believe it was not immediately shut down and ruled a no when requested.

this doesn't really say here that it was ruled on but her own atty says it doesn't appear she will be making bond any time soon. I doubt it is lack of $$ as he is apparently still getting private pay...

Appreciate the update/s. This one I watched a bit of but was unable to watch all. I tried more with Harmony.

by: Jenn Brink, Eva Zymaris
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 / 10:26 AM EDT
Updated: Mar 22, 2024 / 05:08 AM EDT

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Michelle Troconis, who was recently found guilty in connection to the disappearance and death of Jennifer Farber Dulos, was arraigned Thursday on a contempt of court charge in Milford.

Troconis is accused of pulling up sealed child custody documents on her laptop during the trial, making them available for the public and reporters to see.

According to the warrant, a friend of Farber Dulos’ wrote a note to Inspector Dave Edwards stating that Troconis was displaying text from the child custody documents (described in the note as the Herman report) on her computer monitor in “about 70-point font.”

In a statement from the friend, she said that she saw Dr. Aaron Krasner mentioned as well as the words “borderline personality disorder,” “treating psychiatrist” and “Jennifer Dulos.”

The friend also said that Troconis displayed a news article on her monitor titled “Judge Finds Forensic Scientist Henry Lee Fabricated DNA Data in Murder Case,” according to the warrant.

After passing the note to Edwards, the friend said she saw Troconis’ mother, Marisela Arreaza, get her daughter’s attention, resulting in Troconis pulling the document down from her monitor.

Troconis’ appearance before the judge Thursday was brief. The case was continued until May 15.

by: Jenn Brink, Eva Zymaris
Posted: Mar 21, 2024 / 10:26 AM EDT
Updated: Mar 22, 2024 / 05:08 AM EDT

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Michelle Troconis, who was recently found guilty in connection to the disappearance and death of Jennifer Farber Dulos, was arraigned Thursday on a contempt of court charge in Milford.

Troconis is accused of pulling up sealed child custody documents on her laptop during the trial, making them available for the public and reporters to see.

According to the warrant, a friend of Farber Dulos’ wrote a note to Inspector Dave Edwards stating that Troconis was displaying text from the child custody documents (described in the note as the Herman report) on her computer monitor in “about 70-point font.”

In a statement from the friend, she said that she saw Dr. Aaron Krasner mentioned as well as the words “borderline personality disorder,” “treating psychiatrist” and “Jennifer Dulos.”

The friend also said that Troconis displayed a news article on her monitor titled “Judge Finds Forensic Scientist Henry Lee Fabricated DNA Data in Murder Case,” according to the warrant.

After passing the note to Edwards, the friend said she saw Troconis’ mother, Marisela Arreaza, get her daughter’s attention, resulting in Troconis pulling the document down from her monitor.

Troconis’ appearance before the judge Thursday was brief. The case was continued until May 15.
GOOD. How often would this be let go because she's convicted on more serious charges but it shouldn't be.

This woman is a nasty piece of work and so is her mother. Not hard to see where the apple came from in this case.

I even wonder at times if she wasn't the driving force and manipulator behind this murder. I don't often think that, he is responsible for sure and in Daybell both are and both are just as bad, same here. However, this is one conniving _ _ _ch.

Judge denies Michelle Troconis motions for acquittal and new trial in Jennifer Dulos case​

A Superior Court judge has denied a motion to acquit Michelle Troconis of multiple convictions in the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos.

Judge Kevin Randolph also denied a motion for a new trial. Troconis' defense attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, filed the motions requesting an acquittal and a new trial last month.

In a hearing in state Superior Court in Stamford Wednesday, Randolph told Schoenhorn he was “not persuaded” by Schoenhorn’s arguments that the evidence against Troconis was based purely on speculation.

Randolph said he twice sat through Troconis’ eight hours of interviews and was struck by “inconsistencies about material matters,” some of which were propped up further by a “cascade of circumstantial evidence” during the monthlong trial.

While Randolph denied the motion for post-trial acquittal, as well as a motion for a rest of judgment, he did concede that Schoenhorn has a “colorable claim” that the two conspiracy charges Troconis was convicted of for conspiracy to commit tampering with evidence may have been duplicative and violated double jeopardy laws.

Prior to making his decision about the motion for a new trial, Randolph said there was no way to order a new trial without setting aside the guilty verdict. The court has the ability to do so if he were to find that the verdict was reached “out of passion or prejudice,” but Randolph said he could find evidence of neither in this case.
The verdicts, Randolph said, “were not against the law or the weight of evidence.”

Randolph said he would reveal his ruling on whether to vacate one of the conspiracy to commit tampering with evidence charges during his opening statements at Troconis’ sentencing, scheduled for May 31.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back