TX JASON LANDRY: Missing from TSU, San Marcos, TX - 12 Dec 2020 - Age 21 - car found wrecked

LULING, Texas (KXAN) — On Thursday, several agencies were outside of Luling, about 40 minutes from south Austin, searching for missing Texas State University student Jason Landry.

1639628335141.png
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Jason Landry

Day four of the search began bright and early on Thursday morning.

Jason Landry, 21, a Texas State University student, is missing after his car was found crashed near U.S. 183 in Luling, Texas. He is believed to have been heading back home for Christmas break, but no one has heard from him since the crash. A small amount of blood was found in his car, along with his phone.

If anyone has information, please call the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office at (512) 398-6777 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

TEXAS

MEDIA - JASON LANDRY: Missing from TSU, San Marcos, TX since 12 Dec 2020 - Age 21 - car found wrecked

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it ever mentioned that Jason had longer hair and facial hair at the time of his disappearance?
He certainly looks different than the clean shaven boy in the first picture. Might have been something to mention prior to him being missing a month.
I wondered if I was thinking of the right case for a minute there. Too bad they didn't get this pic up sooner, it is much different than the one I have in my head.

Wow, I wouldn't have recognized him if I didn't know that this was the same guy. I'm wondering if maybe he owed someone money who was chasing him and when he crashed they just grabbed him and took off? I have absolutely no idea with this case but I'm beginning to think it's not a great outcome.

Was it ever mentioned that Jason had longer hair and facial hair at the time of his disappearance?
He certainly looks different than the clean shaven boy in the first picture. Might have been something to mention prior to him being missing a month.
It was reported about medium length hair and goatee. I didn't notice anything about a tooth. The last picture is shocking when thinking of the first one.

Last edited:

"Investigation of that accident scene leads authorities to believe that the operator was able to walk away from the collision with little or no injury," the sheriff's office posted.

Unseen photos show last known images of missing TX State student​

Images released by the sheriff’s office show Jason Landry just before he went missing, his car found abandoned, his clothing found near his car and a single blood stain on the clothes he was wearing

1612033681767.png 1612033721142.png

1612033786214.png 1612033821625.png

1612033885269.png 1612033933823.png

1612033976533.png 1612034032255.png

Deputies trying to figure out where Texas St. student went after mysterious disappearance
A new clue in the disappearance of a Texas State student who's been missing for more than six weeks.

We learned more into how detectives are working the case.

Thursday, law enforcement sources tell us they now need help to figure out what happened during the 67-minute window between the time they last have a digital footprint of Landry and where his vehicle was found crashed just after midnight on the Dec. 14.

Investigators say his last digital footprint at the intersection of Austin Street and Magnolia in Luling, Texas.

His car was found wrecked in the 2300 block of Salt Flat Road, about five miles away.

New developments arise in case of missing Texas State University student​

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office said Landry left his apartment in San Marcos at 10:55 p.m. on Dec. 13.

Data shows at 11:24 p.m., Jason entered the city of Luling, off of Highway 80, and stopped using the Waze App and began using Snapchat.

Investigators said his digital footprint essentially stopped near Highway 183 and Austin Street. At 12:31 a.m., Landry’s vehicle was found after it was damaged.

That 67-minute window is now what authorities are focused on.

The cellphone was found in the car and despite low temperatures, Landry’s shirt, shorts, socks and underwear were found in the roadway along with a backpack with some marijuana, a ball cap, a laptop and other personal items.

Movement map of missing Texas State student Jason Landry​

VIDEO AT LINK

3-day search for Texas State student missing since December starts tomorrow​

More than 100 volunteers are preparing to conduct a 3-day, weekend search for a Texas State University student who has been missing for more than two months.

According to an update issued by Texas Search and Rescue, crews will kick off the search for Jason Landry on Friday, Feb. 26, at 8 a.m. at the request of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office.

The search organization otherwise known as TEXSAR said its initial operation included nine days of ground search and three days of aerial search spanning with more than 100 trained volunteers.

"TEXSAR has continued to be involved throughout the investigation, smaller follow up searches, and now this upcoming large scale deployment," said the nonprofit group in a statement on Thursday.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak
He’s been gone for more than 80 days, a college student disappears on his way home for Christmas from Texas State University, last place he’s digitally tracked Luling, Texas.

We spoke exclusively with the family who says someone out there knows what happened to their son and the warning they have for all parents.

“Something happened to Jason, nothing should happen to you between San Marcos and Houston to cost you this nightmare,” says Kent Landry, Jason’s father.

The car was towed. His father rushed to San Marcos and was actually the one to find clues that troopers had missed like his cell phone in the vehicle.

“I got there at 5 am and I was the only person looking for him. I got his phone at 7 am, driving down a dirt road looking for my son and I could see clothes, driving down a dirt road to see something and I realized I could tell it was his clothes because of his socks, he wears funny socks,” says Landry. “They saw the clothes that night, they knew the clothes were there, they just didn’t pick them out, they didn’t think it was important, I guess. Maybe he was going to come back and get it,” says Landry.

Since then, the Landry’s have been living a nightmare that never ends not knowing what happened to Jason.

“Someone has to know something. All it’s going to take.. one person,” says Landry.

“I can’t explain, I can’t imagine somebody else would do this to another family to have that information, and not sure I just can’t imagine someone being that cold-hearted not to help another family,” says Landry.

I’m leaning toward him being in shock. I think that’s the case with many of these cases where there’s been a car accident and then the person disappears.

I’ve mentioned before but it was a long time ago that I knew a girl who rolled her car,(bikers ran her off the road!), and she said that she had crawled out the broken back window and walked up to the highway and somebody saw her and picked her up and then they called the police from somewhere else, because this is back before they had cell phones. She said she didn’t remember anything. It was hours later before her memory came back, But she still didn’t remember the accident itself or crawling out of that window.

Searchers have covered more than 36,000 acres, but no sign of missing Texas State student​

Efforts to find missing Texas State University student Jason Landry have spanned months and acres of land across Caldwell County but have been unsuccessful.

Several searches have been conducted over the past three months by search and rescue crews from across the state.

A group of more than 100 volunteers with Texas Search and Rescue, an Austin-based first responder nonprofit, has executed ground and aerial searches spanning 57.2 square miles or 36,608 acres over several searches since December.

All data and information collected from the search have been submitted to the Caldwell County sheriff’s office, the group said. Authorities will take the information gathered, including extensive aerial photography from drones, and use that to determine the next steps in the search for Landry.

Where is Jason Landry? New podcast tracks the search for the Texas State student​

The search for Jason Landry has taken many twists and turns, but so far no one knows for sure exactly what happened. In a new podcast released this week, we walk you through the timeline of the 21-year-old's disappearance. It also features KHOU11 Reporter Grace White's reporting on the case.

In the episode, you can hear an extended interview with Landry's father and an update on the search. Just look for True Crime Chronicles wherever you get your podcasts.

Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case​

It has been 150 days since Texas State University student Jason Landry vanished on a drive home for holiday break.

Copeland says interviews and searches have come up empty thus far. "If someone knows something we desperately want to know what happened with our boy," said Kent Landry.

Copeland and Kent Landry are now hoping investigators can get that answer with a geofence warrant. Which Copeland explained "is basically a box around the vehicle accident and we can ask, ‘tell us what other cell phones were in that area at that time?’"

Kent Landry added, "[the accident scene is] the middle of nowhere. In that hour window, it may very well be possible that there’s not another person in that box except Jason and whoever did whatever they did. Whoever else is involved in this case."

Anyone with information is asked to contact Project Absentis by calling 726-777-1359 or emailing ProjectAbsentis@ProtonMail.com

"If you know anything or if you’ve seen anything we can protect you. We can protect your name. We can keep you confidential. Just call us and just talk to us," said Copeland.

“I don’t know who you are and I don’t really care, all I care about is my son and we want to know what happened and we want to know where he is and if you know that you need to come forward. We set up an anonymous line don’t care about retribution or revenge. What I care about is my son. That’s all we want. We want our boy home,” says his father. “Do the right thing. This has to have been laying on your heart to be doing it from the inside to know something. If you have known this piece of information it’s got to be gnawing you from the inside from inside, so I’m just asking you to let it out make one phone call let us know where our boy is.”

Family continues search for Texas State student last seen in December​

The family of a Texas State University student missing since December is doing everything they can to try to find him.

This weekend, Jason Landry's family has a booth set up at the Luling Watermelon Thump.

The event is one of the biggest in Luling, a small city 50 miles south of Austin. That's where investigators found Landry's car on Dec. 14. The lights were still on, the keys were in the ignition and the front passenger side door was locked. He was on his way home to the Houston area for winter break, but never made it there. Search efforts are still underway.

Landry's family members say they've talked to a lot of people at the festival who have heard about their son, but they're hoping to reach people who don't know about his disappearance yet.

“It's been six months now and it's unbelievable how long it's been, and we just hope we'll reach somebody who knows something to be able to help us out,” said parents Kent and Lisa Landry. “We just want our son to come home and be found.”

This is one case that to this day, I just don't know what to think as to what happend. I have this sense or feeling there is something we do not know but that could be that no one knows, something he encountered on the road or on his trip or just someone he was meeting or something and no one else knew about it...

It does not seem to have the exposure some do. Does LE not care, do they think he ran off, or is it that there are just no leads or there are and they are keeping them close to the vest? It has to be extremely frustrating and upsetting for the family if they know no more than what we do which may be the case.

I took a quick glance at the FB page, even though I don't do FB, one can see what is public. I got a glimpse of the video when he was little at Christmas. My heart goes out to this family and I hope they get answers.

TEXSAR will work with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office to inspect areas of interest identified by artificial intelligence and geospatial tools, according to a joint release from both agencies. Search canines, mounted equine search assets, drones and ground searches will be used to investigate those areas Saturday.

More than 50 volunteers with Texas Search and Rescue (TSAR) and the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) were sweeping the area after dozens of points of interest were compiled in the case using drone images, artificial intelligence and information gathered during previous searches, among other resources.

The search happened near where Jason Landry, 21, disappeared in mid December on his way home to Missouri City, Texas. His car was found wrecked and abandoned on Salt Flat Road, according to CCSO. It had some of Landry’s belongings, like his cell phone and backpack, in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back