TX JASON LANDRY: Missing from TSU, San Marcos, TX - 12 Dec 2020 - Age 21 - car found wrecked

LULING, Texas (KXAN) — On Thursday, several agencies were outside of Luling, about 40 minutes from south Austin, searching for missing Texas State University student Jason Landry.

1639628335141.png
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Jason Landry

Day four of the search began bright and early on Thursday morning.

Jason Landry, 21, a Texas State University student, is missing after his car was found crashed near U.S. 183 in Luling, Texas. He is believed to have been heading back home for Christmas break, but no one has heard from him since the crash. A small amount of blood was found in his car, along with his phone.

If anyone has information, please call the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office at (512) 398-6777 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

TEXAS

MEDIA - JASON LANDRY: Missing from TSU, San Marcos, TX since 12 Dec 2020 - Age 21 - car found wrecked

Last edited by a moderator:
Mel70 said;
"I did notice the change in his appearance. IDK if that means anything. Lifestyle?."
It was the scheduled time for his learning institution to go on break.
(Possibly a reason why the kidnapper was waiting in that area).
Not going to be attending classes, so he let himself go scruffy.
Due to the covid restrictions at the time, he hadn't been able to attend classes. I don't think he'd attended any that semester. Anyway, I remember his father having spoke about the negative impact of the isolation.

I beg your pardon, yes, I meant to write "There is no evidence
of amphetamines".
I thought that was likely what you meant and that's a great point so such drugs are an assumption.

You should go edit and add a "no" to the amphetamine thing. If you can't or don't know how, a mod can probably do it for you.

There was something claimed that day before he left the other area/campus town, etc. I think that he was partying or did something with someone, or that he was known to or something but I don't trust any sources, no reason to yet in this one.

But I did not think there was evidence of drugs or amphetamines etc. in the car, on him, etc. other than pot which you confirmed. So other than clothes being found it is an assumption by people that that was the reason why.

By Robin Bradshaw,
Staff writer
March 12, 2024

The news this week of Caleb Harris 21, a missing white male Texas college student, sparked a reader to reach out to highlight a missing person cold case from 2020, also white, also male of the same age, and a Texas college student named Jason Landry.

December 2023 marked the third anniversary since Landry went missing. The Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, issued a statement on the cold case stating that in November 2023, multiple agencies met and reviewed the evidence.

“The panel thoroughly examined all parts of the case and concluded that all credible leads and investigative steps have been thoroughly pursued up to this point,” a portion of the statement read. “We consider this matter an ongoing and active investigation and encourage anyone with credible information about the case to contact the unit on the Texas Attorney General tips website.”

Attending college at Texas State University, Landry was driving to Missouri City an area near Houston for Christmas break. The last day he was seen was on Dec. 13, 2020 the next day his car was found crashed and abounded on a rural highway out side of Luling.

Some of Landry’s items were found near his abounded vehicle, according to KVUE in Austin. Landry’s clothes and his backpack were left behind, as were his laptop, gaming equipment, and personal items such as toiletries. This evidence was available to the public in 2020, and since then, theories have circled around that maybe he vanished on purpose, while others believe he is a victim of prey.

Paxton’s office is offering a $2,000 reward for any information leading to an arrest in the Landry case. Visit the Texas Attorney General website for more information, or to provide information on any missing persons case in Texas.

960x0.webp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawn Honner
Back