CA JACOB JARDINE: Missing from Sunnyvale, CA - 27 Feb 2022 - Age 2 *Found Safe*

1646002031034.png

‘As I came out here, he was gone’: Amber Alert issued after SUV stolen with toddler inside​

A woman pleaded for the return of her 2-year-old son Sunday morning after the SUV he was sleeping in was stolen while she unloaded groceries at a Sunnyvale motel.

“If this was your child, you’d hope to God everyone would stop what they are doing and help,” Melissa Jardine said. “Just act like it’s your child.”

An Amber Alert was issued after a brown 2008 Buick Enclave was stolen about 3:51 a.m. from the parking lot of Travel Inn, 590 N. Mathilda Ave., in Sunnyvale. A toddler, Jacob Jardine, was in the vehicle when it was taken, according to the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

The SUV was last seen speeding south in the northbound lanes of Mathilda Avenue, said Capt. Craig Anderson of the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

The vehicle had a “Baby On Board” sticker on it, as well as unknown Georgia paper plates. Its left headlight and taillight were out, and it had a spare tire on its front passenger side. It also had a large travel bag on its roof rack.

Sunnyvale police say they are trying to contact Luong “Tammy” Huynh, because she “may have information that will help us locate” the boy, according to the department’s Twitter account.

Anderson said Huynh is not considered a suspect. Rather, she was seen on surveillance footage at the motel around the time the vehicle was stolen, and authorities have not been able reach her. Anderson asked that anyone with information about Huynh contact Sunnyvale police at 408-730-7100.

“She’s just someone we need to talk to,” Anderson said.

Sunnyvale police are also looking for Luong “Tammy” Huynh, 29, who they think may have information about the abduction.

“At this time we are attempting to contact 29 year old Luong ‘Tammy’ Huynh,” the department wrote on Twitter. “We believe Tammy may have information that will help us locate Jacob Jardine. If you know Tammy or have recently seen or spoken with her, please contact us immediately at 408-730-7100.”

View attachment 14099

‘As I came out here, he was gone’: Amber Alert issued after SUV stolen with toddler inside​

A woman pleaded for the return of her 2-year-old son Sunday morning after the SUV he was sleeping in was stolen while she unloaded groceries at a Sunnyvale motel.

“If this was your child, you’d hope to God everyone would stop what they are doing and help,” Melissa Jardine said. “Just act like it’s your child.”

An Amber Alert was issued after a brown 2008 Buick Enclave was stolen about 3:51 a.m. from the parking lot of Travel Inn, 590 N. Mathilda Ave., in Sunnyvale. A toddler, Jacob Jardine, was in the vehicle when it was taken, according to the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

The SUV was last seen speeding south in the northbound lanes of Mathilda Avenue, said Capt. Craig Anderson of the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

The vehicle had a “Baby On Board” sticker on it, as well as unknown Georgia paper plates. Its left headlight and taillight were out, and it had a spare tire on its front passenger side. It also had a large travel bag on its roof rack.

Sunnyvale police say they are trying to contact Luong “Tammy” Huynh, because she “may have information that will help us locate” the boy, according to the department’s Twitter account.

Anderson said Huynh is not considered a suspect. Rather, she was seen on surveillance footage at the motel around the time the vehicle was stolen, and authorities have not been able reach her. Anderson asked that anyone with information about Huynh contact Sunnyvale police at 408-730-7100.

“She’s just someone we need to talk to,” Anderson said.
Have a witness it appears... I'll leave that there. Just shy of 4 in the morning unloading groceries, at a motel, child inside and temporary paper plates? For now, I'll assume the best scenario with that information... She left or fled a bf or husband with the child, not sure about the vehicle but had to get one, got as far away as possible, grabbed some groceries and found a motel for her and her child.

That's the best case scenario imo of those facts... Others come to mind...

Someone though has the vehicle and the baby... Praying for a positive outcome here.

This was California and there are unknown Georgia paper plates on it... That's a long haul...

There are a lot of concerning comments on Facebook. I'm not going to copy anything over right now or say anything specific because I don't want to contribute to unconfirmed rumors. I'll just say that some members of Jacob's extended family seem to be very concerned.
I'm worried about Jacob. It's been about 12 hours now since the vehicle was stolen. That's pretty rare. But I'm hoping it's like the case a few months ago, was it Blaise? Found safe after almost 48 hours.

I sure wish parents would quit leaving their kids in cars with the cars with keys in the ignition. :sigh:
As a parent, I do realize that a rare occasion would require that, but nearly all of these cases were so preventable. If you HAVE to leave your kids in the car for a moment, take your keys!

I don't do FB but will say there are things as noted that are a bit odd in the initial information or things to wonder about anyhow...

It is even curious how if the vehicle had temporary GA plates there must be no parking lot video and yet the saw the car speeding away on video or somehow? Or maybe it comes from her, that claim...

I just pray he is okay.

She was at a hotel, Travel Inn. If they have internal cameras like this I'd be shocked if they didn't have a parking lot camera. Though it's possible. But they're not going to release anything of someone actually stealing the car...

1646004318234.png

Based on this image, it appears it would be from the left side covered walkway area by the tree. Looking out to a parking lot, a vehicle, and the roadway (Mathilda Ave). That camera would have picked up the car speeding north out of the parking lot. Even without other exterior cameras.

1646004650149.png

I sure wish parents would quit leaving their kids in cars with the cars with keys in the ignition. :sigh:
As a parent, I do realize that a rare occasion would require that, but nearly all of these cases were so preventable. If you HAVE to leave your kids in the car for a moment, take your keys!
I agree, we are hearing so much of it, even out of people's own driveways which still just floors me--such boldness. And I think a naivete exists in some and I know it did in me of how we were raised or where and we didn't hear of such things at all. Especially if you were in two seconds of time/sight and right back... But nowadays?? And in California?? And at a motel?? At around 4 a.m. in the morning?? You leave your child in the car?? Again at 4 a.m.??? Why would you do that at that hour at a motel for goodness sakes? Or anywhere??

I'm not going to conclude anything yet but why wouldn't you take the child in first in this case...? You would think a youngster would be sleeping at this hour so lay him down and at least lock the motel room door and go back and get your things. If he WASN'T sleeping, he is old enough for you to take his hand and walk with him and fill your other hand with the perishable groceries, lock your car and take what you have to to the room and even go back with him if necessary. Any person knows and most particularly a mother, that you can load one hand with a number of bags and walk a child with the other hand...

Hard to say but it raises questions, all of it from the first reading. I hope it was just being naive and all will come out with the child safe...

She was at a hotel, Travel Inn. If they have internal cameras like this I'd be shocked if they didn't have a parking lot camera. Though it's possible. But they're not going to release anything of someone actually stealing the car...

View attachment 14100

Based on this image, it appears it would be from the left side covered walkway area by the tree. Looking out to a parking lot, a vehicle, and the roadway (Mathilda Ave). That camera would have picked up the car speeding north out of the parking lot. Even without other exterior cameras.

View attachment 14101
True but if there was a temporary tag # that could be seen, that I would think would be given to the public... Or the dealer would know it if no one else so even though I've read nowhere else, that is odd to me right there...

Big sigh of relief!

UPDATE: Amber Alert Lifted – Abducted Toddler Found​

A child abducted early Sunday morning when the vehicle he was sitting in was stolen in Sunnyvale has been found and an Amber Alert has been lifted.

Update 6:11pm: We are thankful to report Jacob has been found. A Sunnyvale patrol officer conducting a search located Jacob inside the car in a parking lot approximately 4 miles away. As a precautionary measure Jacob has been taken to a
Local hospital. He appears to be unharmed and healthy and will be soon reunited with his mother.

Thank GOD. I think there is likely a lot more to the story, but the child is alive and that is the best news one can hope for.

Woman arrested after toddler abducted in Bay Area​

A woman was arrested in Northern California on suspicion of abducting a 2-year-old boy who was inside a car that was stolen over the weekend, police said Monday.

An officer found the child and the missing car Sunday about 13 hours after the toddler was taken and an Amber Alert was issued by the California Highway Patrol.

Surveillance video implicated Luong Tammy Huynh, 29, in the abduction of the boy, who was identified as Jacob Jardine. She was arrested Sunday night at her home in San Jose, the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

Huynh is being held at the Santa Clara County Main Jail on kidnapping, child endangerment and vehicle theft charges, police said.

As a single mother, Jardine says she often runs errands late at night or early in the morning when there are fewer people out, for COVID-19 safety.

She was unloading groceries from her car around 4 a.m. as a Jacob slept in his car seat. She thought the car seat was a better choice than the hotel room.

But in moments, the car was stolen and Jacob was gone.

"I was coming back to get my son and I heard her peel out," Jardine said.

Sunnyvale police say the investigation revealed San Jose resident Tammy Huynh Luong stole the car and took off on the wrong side of the road.

Luong made her first court appearance Wednesday. Police say she told them she became aware of Jacob in the backseat when he began to cry as she drove away, after being kicked out of a motel room.

Police says she drove for about an hour and then parked four miles away. Police add she eventually left the baby in the backseat to fend for himself for 13 hours, strapped in his car seat with no food, no water, and no one to change his diaper or comfort him.

"I could only imagine what he was sitting there thinking, like I wasn't coming," Jardine said. "For the first time in his life, he actually doubted if I was coming or not because I'm always right there."

She hopes other parents can learn from this scary situation.

"You might have thought you were doing the right thing by leaving your child sleeping while you unloaded a few things, but there are really crazy people like that who just wander out of their hotel room and steal your car," Jardine said. "And whatever you love and cherish the most in your car goes right along with them. I had no idea that that could happen to us."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back