SC HEATHER ELVIS: Missing from Myrtle Beach, SC - 18 December 2013 - Age 20

1606965957790.png1582846676483.png
HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) – Investigators recently released new files of evidence in the Heather Elvis disappearance case following the lifting of the gag order in the case.
Right now, Sidney and Tammy Moorer are each serving 30 years in prison for kidnapping and both continue to maintain their innocence.

Heather Elvis a was last seen nearly 6 years ago on December 18th, 2013. Elvis had an affair with Sidney Moorer.
Investigators released a police interview with Tammy Moorer and Carmen Rodriguez who was with Horry County Police at the time. The interview took place in January 2014, more than a month after Heather’s disappearance.

Tammy Moorer came to police that day to follow up on complaints of harassment and willingly answered Rodriguez’s questions.

Tammy said this regarding her husband’s relationship with Heather, “I had boyfriends. We had an open marriage. It’s okay. I could care less if he had sex with 100 people it doesn’t bother me.”

This is in direct contrast to a text message from Tammy Moorer to her friend in early December 2014, in reference to Sidney said “I do not love him. He betrayed me and I will never ever forgive or forget it. Trust me there’s zero love on my end.”
Another message sent by Tammy the day before Heather Elvis’ disappearance said, “I just had someone cheat on me that I thought was my soulmate. You never know who will screw you over in life. I felt totally betrayed. I’m better off without the liar.”
Sidney Moorer said when he ended things with Elvis to focus on his marriage, Elvis continued to call him.
Surveillance video shows Sidney calling Elvis from a payphone the day she disappeared.
Sidney initially denied calling Heather from a payphone, but a couple of minutes later admits to calling her from a payphone after police say they surveillance video of him making the call. Sidney told police he called her from the payphone to tell her to leave him alone because she had been leaving notes on his car while he was at work.
Phone records show the call lasted three minutes and that Elvis called back nine times within 35 minutes. Phone records also Sidney Moorer was the last person Heather called before her disappearance.

Neither Sidney nor Tammy gave a clear explanation as to what might have happened to Elvis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prior to her disappearance, Elvis worked at a local pub named Tilted Kilt, where she first encountered Sidney, who performed repair work at the Celtic-themed bar known for the lively atmosphere and skimpy outfits that servers wore.
Soon enough, the pair started talking and Elvis gushed about him to her co-workers, according to testimony from the 2017 trial. Colleagues recalled that Sidney would drop by off the clock to bring her coffee and bagels.

During his obstruction of justice trial, Sidney claimed their brief affair began in September 2013. Sidney allegedly talked about moving to Florida and Elvis joining his family as a nanny for his children, according to her friends. Elvis, however, may have had reservations about their relationship, which she appeared to allude to on social media. “Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well,” she wrote on Twitter in mid-September 2013.

Their relationship came to an abrupt end weeks later in October when, according to Sidney, his wife learned of their car rendezvous.
Elvis’ roommate and close friend, Brianna “Bree” Warrelmann, said once Tammy discovered the affair, she “exploded” and barraged her husband’s lover with calls and texts, going as far as to send a photo of her husband having sex with Elvis, according to court testimony and media interviews.

“Tammy called Heather and said, ‘You’re going to end it with my husband,’ and so she put Sidney on the phone, sat there while Sidney and Heather talked,” Warrelmann told Crime Watch Daily. “They ended things on the phone but Sidney made comments to Heather and said, ‘You were nothing to me, you were just someone who spread your legs’ and basically tore Heather apart as a human being, and who she was as a person and made her feel horrible about herself.”
Phone records revealed the harassment continued from the then-41-year-old woman, according to court records.

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) – The attorney for the couple convicted of kidnapping Heather Elvis said he plans to file a civil lawsuit soon in federal court.

Eric Poston, an attorney with Chalmers Poston Law Firm in Columbia, posted a 20-minute video, giving an update on where the civil lawsuit stands. Sidney and Tammy Moorer retained him more than a year ago.

The couple have both been found guilty of kidnapping Elvis, who disappeared in December 2013. Her body has never been found. The two are currently serving their 30-year prison sentences in the case.

Poston was expected to file the civil lawsuit in August but Sidney’s September retrial in the case put that on hold.

He said he has just finished reviewing 214 gigabytes of new evidence in the case and claims that it’s evidence that the solicitor’s office misplaced for the first three trials against the Moorers.

During the video, he condemns the investigation that was done on the case and says it’s time for the truth to come out. He also said that he believes the Moorers are innocent in the case.

Poston said that he will work on the lawsuit for the next couple of weeks but does not give a date on when the lawsuit will be filed.

In the video update, he doesn’t give details on who the lawsuit will be filed against or the claims that will be made. But in past interviews, Poston has said the lawsuit is expected to be filed against all law enforcement agencies involved in the case.

He claims there were so many violations, including what he called bad policing and investigating.

The attorney for a husband and wife who are at the center of a high-profile kidnapping case in Horry County says he plans to release new information in the case next month.

Tammy Moorer was convicted in October of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with the Dec. 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis. She was sentenced to 30 years in prison on each of the charges.

[ TIMELINE: Heather Elvis Case ]

Her husband Sidney is behind bars after being convicted for obstruction of justice. He is waiting for a retrial in the kidnapping case after his original trial ended in a hung jury in 2016.

Attorney Eric Poston with the Chalmers Poston Law Firm in Columbia spoke to WMBF News Thursday. He said he plans to file a federal civil lawsuit at the end of June.

[ Tammy, Sidney Moorer retain lawyer, plan to file civil suit ]

He said his office conducted its own investigation into the case, which involved going through about 180,000 pages of documents and audio of the original investigation done by police. Poston also said a private investigator was hired to fill in some gaps.

He said based on his law firm’s investigation, they believe they figured out what happened the night that Elvis disappeared and what happened in the following days.

BBM

So why wouldn't he have told that to keep the Moorers out of jail? I say bull!

The attorney for a husband and wife who are at the center of a high-profile kidnapping case in Horry County says he plans to release new information in the case next month.

Tammy Moorer was convicted in October of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with the Dec. 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis. She was sentenced to 30 years in prison on each of the charges.

[ TIMELINE: Heather Elvis Case ]

Her husband Sidney is behind bars after being convicted for obstruction of justice. He is waiting for a retrial in the kidnapping case after his original trial ended in a hung jury in 2016.

Attorney Eric Poston with the Chalmers Poston Law Firm in Columbia spoke to WMBF News Thursday. He said he plans to file a federal civil lawsuit at the end of June.

[ Tammy, Sidney Moorer retain lawyer, plan to file civil suit ]

He said his office conducted its own investigation into the case, which involved going through about 180,000 pages of documents and audio of the original investigation done by police. Poston also said a private investigator was hired to fill in some gaps.

He said based on his law firm’s investigation, they believe they figured out what happened the night that Elvis disappeared and what happened in the following days.

BBM

So why wouldn't he have told that to keep the Moorers out of jail? I say bull!
No kidding! They are just trying to stay out of jail for the rest of their lives, IMO.

Investigation Discovery Premieres Nine Straight Nights of the Greatest True Crime Stories, Ever, with "ID Presents: Nine at 9" - Beginning On Memorial Day and Culminating on June 2 with "The Truth Behind Joe Exotic: The Rick Kirkham Story"

Investigation Discovery, the #1 network for true-crime programming, is delivering its viewers nine back-to-back nights of riveting specials, filled with headline-making stories and iconic cases with ID PRESENTS: NINE AT 9.

DISAPPEARED IN THE DARKNESS: AN ID MYSTERY

Premieres Wednesday, May 27 from 9-11 p.m. ET

This two-hour special follows the aftermath of the disappearance and probable murder of Heather Elvis, a young woman from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, whose case took the national media by storm. After beginning a relationship with an older, married man she meets through work, Heather begins receiving threatening texts. She eventually ends the affair but disappears after a mysterious rendezvous. Her ex-lover and his wife become the primary focus of the investigation, and soon a trail of dirty deeds is revealed: a kidnapping plot, a secret pregnancy, fraud, and ultimately obstruction of justice. With extensive archive and bombshell testimony from one of the defendants, this installment of the ID MYSTERY franchise explores the alternative theories and the hidden facts behind the question: what happened to Heather Elvis?

Heather's episode is coming up next week.

Heather Elvis case to be featured in 2-hour true-crime show

Anyone living in or near Horry County is familiar with the name Heather Elvis.

Her disappearance and the subsequent investigation was front-page news for the last six-and-a-half years, and now, a true-crime show will chronicle the case from the very beginning and will try to answer the question that lingers for many today: What happened to Heather Elvis?

"Disappeared in the darkness: An ID Mystery" will premiere next Wednesday, May 27, at 9 p.m. on Investigation Discovery, or ID.

Heather Elvis’ family brings awareness to missing person cases on her birthday

The family of Heather Elvis is honoring her on her birthday by bringing awareness to missing persons cases and also teaching parents about keeping their child safe.

It’s where her mother, Debbie Elvis, and Horry County police held an event on Tuesday to honor Heather on her birthday and also teach people how to start or update a child identification kit.

“Heather’s birthday to us is very sad and very emotional and the only thing that helps me get through things is to help somebody else. So, in this way I’m able to help promote safety in other people. Maybe there was something I could have taught Heather that would have kept her from going to the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe there was something else I could have explained. She knew about safety stuff. She knew how to be careful, but I feel like there’s something else I could have said,” said Debbie Elvis said.

Also, during the month of June, Heather’s family raised funds for CUE Center for Missing Persons.

1594070532588.png

CONWAY, S.C. (WPDE) — With four days left before the anniversary of his conviction, Sidney Moorer has not given up the whereabouts of Heather Elvis or her belongings, solicitor Jimmy Richardson said.

Moorer, along with his wife, Tammy, was convicted of kidnapping Elvis last year, ending a seven-year-long investigation and legal fight that drew national attention.

Under South Carolina law, Moorer would be able to strike a deal with prosecutors for a reduced sentence if he led officials to Elvis' whereabouts within the year following his conviction.

Sidney Moorer asks state’s high court to toss 1 of his convictions in Heather Elvis case​

One of the two people who kidnapped Heather Elvis from an Horry County boat landing in 2013 asked the state’s Supreme Court to toss one of his convictions in the case.

Sidney Moorer recently filed a request with South Carolina’s highest court to review his obstruction of justice case.

In the latest appeal, Sidney Moorer claims the trial judge and the appeals court were wrong because prosecutors did not show how his lies impacted the police investigation or the legal proceedings.

Sidney Moorer argues solicitors did prove that he intended to impede the investigation. The entire case is built on the idea of obstruction of justice is simply the act of lying to the police. Sidney Moorer contends there are no other South Carolina case where someone was convicted simply for lying to officers.

Both of the Moorers have also filed appeals on the kidnapping counts. Those cases remain active with the Court of Appeals.

Heather Elvis disappeared on December 18, 2013, near her Myrtle Beach, South Carolina apartment after going on a date. The 20-year-old was reported missing the following day. Heather’s car was found at Peachtree boat landing on the outskirts of town several days later. In February of 2014, Sidney Moorer, a married man Heather had been seeing, was charged with her murder and kidnapping. His wife Tammy was also charged. The murder charges against the couple were later dropped. In June of 2016, Sidney went on trial for kidnapping Heather. That trial ended in a hung jury. In August of 2017, Sidney was found guilty of obstructing justice during the December 2013 investigation into Heather’s disappearance. He was given the maximum sentence of 10 years. In October of 2018, Tammy Moorer was convicted of conspiracy and kidnapping Heather. She was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Sidney Moorer was retried in the kidnapping case in September 2019, and found guilty in the 2013 kidnapping of Heather. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Heather's body has not been found. If you have any information regarding Heather’s case, please call the Horry County Police Department at (843) 915-8477.

Years ago, and I'm talking about not long after Heather went missing, I talked to a person on the phone that knew Sydney from work and had been to an event, possibly at Disneyland, where they hung out a little bit more on a personal level. She said she couldn't believe how narcissistic Sydney was. We wonder how they can do this? They aren't made from the same cloth we're made from.

Family hosts vigil on eve of 7th anniversary of Heather Elvis' disappearance
The family of Heather Elvis is holding a candlelight vigil to remember her and grieve with others in the community who have lost a loved one.

They are calling the event A Night of H.E.L.P.P., which stands for Hope, Encouragement, Love, Purpose, and Perseverance.

Hope for a tomorrow lived in love and harmony. Encouragement in a safe place for all people. Love shared for each other. Finding a Purpose amid grief or loneliness. Together Persevering through anything.

The event is at Peachtree Landing on Peachtree Road in Socastee on Dec. 18 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Family hosts vigil for Heather Elvis ahead of what would have been her 28th birthday
Family and loved ones are coming together to remember a missing Horry County woman.

The prayer vigil for Elvis is Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Peachtree Landing.

People are asked to go out this afternoon to help clean up the area ahead of the prayer vigil.

There will also be another remembrance event on Elvis' birthday, June 30.

Woman imprisoned in Heather Elvis case appeals kidnapping, conspiracy convictions​

A woman sentenced to 30 years in prison in the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis in December 2013 has appealed her conviction on kidnapping and conspiracy charges.

In a hearing before the South Carolina Court of Appeals, lawyers for Tammy C. Moorer argued that the “trial court erred in failing to grant her motion for a directed verdict because there was no direct or substantial circumstantial evidence she was involved” in Elvis’ disappearance.

They also said the court “abused its discretion” and violated rules by admitting text messages from her phone that were sexually explicit and referenced drug use and “abused its discretion in qualifying” an expert in forensic video analysis by “allowing him to testify as to his unreliable conclusion that Moorer’s truck was the vehicle videotaped going towards and away from the place” where Elvis was allegedly kidnapped.

Her defense lawyers also argued that the court should have not have allowed testimony from an alibi witness and that the court violated her due process rights by excluding testimony from several members of her family.

No information about the status of the appeal was immediately available.

Woman imprisoned in Heather Elvis case appeals kidnapping, conspiracy convictions​

A woman sentenced to 30 years in prison in the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis in December 2013 has appealed her conviction on kidnapping and conspiracy charges.

In a hearing before the South Carolina Court of Appeals, lawyers for Tammy C. Moorer argued that the “trial court erred in failing to grant her motion for a directed verdict because there was no direct or substantial circumstantial evidence she was involved” in Elvis’ disappearance.

They also said the court “abused its discretion” and violated rules by admitting text messages from her phone that were sexually explicit and referenced drug use and “abused its discretion in qualifying” an expert in forensic video analysis by “allowing him to testify as to his unreliable conclusion that Moorer’s truck was the vehicle videotaped going towards and away from the place” where Elvis was allegedly kidnapped.

Her defense lawyers also argued that the court should have not have allowed testimony from an alibi witness and that the court violated her due process rights by excluding testimony from several members of her family.

No information about the status of the appeal was immediately available.
How awful for Heather's family to have to continue to deal with this horrible woman! and they still don't have their daughter home, my heart just breaks for them. :cry:

After 8 years, Heather Elvis’ mom says she’s ‘the first thing I think of’ every day​

Saturday marked the 8th year since the disappearance of Heather Elvis in Horry County.

News13 sat down with Heather’s mother and sister as they reflect on the day that would change their lives forever.

“I wake up every morning and that’s the first thing I think of, and so my day starts with Heather not being there,” Debbi Elvis, Heather’s mother, said.

“I despise when people say that it’s been so many years since Heather went missing, and that’s not accurate,” Morgan Elvis, Heather’s sister, said. “It’s been so many years since Heather was taken from us.”

Although her body has never been found, police assume Heather is dead. Investigators think Elvis was having an affair with Sidney Moorer. He and his wife, Tammy, have been convicted of kidnapping and sentenced to 30 years in prison.

“Missing-persons cases happen all the time,” Debbi said. “You can’t say it’s not going to happen to me, it’s not going to happen to my family members. It happens all the time, and we need to be prepared and be proactive."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back