FROM THE VAULT: A TRUE CRIME PODCAST THREAD! (Formerly True Cold Case Files)

Hello Crimewatchers! I am so glad to be back after that little hiatus during the new year! I have some news to share with everyone concerning TCCF, and because of the awesomeness that CW has offered toward my project, I am happy to release some things in advance of tomorrow's important announcement.

1. We Ran Into A Little Problem: TCCF has always been the place for Daisy and I to discuss cold cases that rarely ever get the attention that they deserved. We tried our best to help bring these cases to light in an attempt to reinvigorate said cases. In fact, we have an interesting number of people who tune into the Anchor podcast vs. our YouTube channel. However we had some issues ranging from a creative "snag" on my end, in which I kinda lost my motivation, to equipment failure. Some of these problems, along with others, resulted in me taking a break from TCCF. In the spare time I had, I converted the shows on Anchor to YouTube format; giving the YouTube Channel new life since I was posting videos on there for Season 1.

2. A New Outlook: Then we fast forward to last week. I decided I needed to make some changes to the programming, and because of this, the result is that the rest Season 2 WILL BE HAPPENING! With that said, we have decided to cut the number of episodes down to 10. The list of cases to be covered will be covered in a minute. We will pick up on Season 2 in March, and should be finished by April. We are exploring the possibility of not timing the episode releases; instead focusing on a more spontaneous release. We may have two episodes released in one week, one episode in a week, or more than two in a week! Who knows? I'll keep everyone posted.

3. A New Co-Host: With a new outlook comes some changes. Daisy Chains was my co-host and has always been a dear friend of mine for a while. But then in January, when I hit a creative snag, I decided to take a break. When I brought the break up to Daisy, she agreed that she needed to no longer be involved because of how depressing and stressful the content could be. I can respect that because I experienced the same stress as well. So with the reinvigorated Season 2, I decided to bring in a new co-host. Most of you probably know him: It's Nick Wagler of the Unidentified Wiki website! Nick accepted my invitation to co-host the show just recently and I am looking forward to working with him and hearing his input on the cases we cover.

4. The Cases: Nick and I plan to bring the listeners 10 MORE CASES! That will cap our show off at 20 episodes. The episodes will be as follows in order (DATES AND TIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED):
  1. Tiffany Sessions and Kamrie Mitchell (Missing in Florida Spotlight) feat. Stefani Warden, Kamrie's mother
  2. George Hawkins and the Carroll County, KY Doe feat. Todd Matthews of NamUs
  3. Troy Galloway Disappearance feat. Nancy Galloway, Troy's mother
  4. Walker County Jane Doe
  5. Opileka Jane Doe
  6. Belle Chasse John Doe
  7. Spokane Valley Jane Doe
  8. Kenneth Saunders Disappearance
  9. Marjorie Luna Disappearance
  10. Joanie Hall Disappearance​
That's all I have for now! I am excited to have the chance once again to promote the podcast with CW's help! ALSO: If you have a case you would like for me to cover, feel free to post it on the board, or message me! I also can be reached via email at jpfproductionslead@gmail.com

Thanks Everyone!

View attachment 7181

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Crimewatchers! I am so glad to be back after that little hiatus during the new year! I have some news to share with everyone concerning TCCF, and because of the awesomeness that CW has offered toward my project, I am happy to release some things in advance of tomorrow's important announcement.

1. We Ran Into A Little Problem: TCCF has always been the place for Daisy and I to discuss cold cases that rarely ever get the attention that they deserved. We tried our best to help bring these cases to light in an attempt to reinvigorate said cases. In fact, we have an interesting number of people who tune into the Anchor podcast vs. our YouTube channel. However we had some issues ranging from a creative "snag" on my end, in which I kinda lost my motivation, to equipment failure. Some of these problems, along with others, resulted in me taking a break from TCCF. In the spare time I had, I converted the shows on Anchor to YouTube format; giving the YouTube Channel new life since I was posting videos on there for Season 1.

2. A New Outlook: Then we fast forward to last week. I decided I needed to make some changes to the programming, and because of this, the result is that the rest Season 2 WILL BE HAPPENING! With that said, we have decided to cut the number of episodes down to 10. The list of cases to be covered will be covered in a minute. We will pick up on Season 2 in March, and should be finished by April. We are exploring the possibility of not timing the episode releases; instead focusing on a more spontaneous release. We may have two episodes released in one week, one episode in a week, or more than two in a week! Who knows? I'll keep everyone posted.

3. A New Co-Host: With a new outlook comes some changes. Daisy Chains was my co-host and has always been a dear friend of mine for a while. But then in January, when I hit a creative snag, I decided to take a break. When I brought the break up to Daisy, she agreed that she needed to no longer be involved because of how depressing and stressful the content could be. I can respect that because I experienced the same stress as well. So with the reinvigorated Season 2, I decided to bring in a new co-host. Most of you probably know him: It's Nick Wagler of the Unidentified Wiki website! Nick accepted my invitation to co-host the show just recently and I am looking forward to working with him and hearing his input on the cases we cover.

4. The Cases: Nick and I plan to bring the listeners 10 MORE CASES! That will cap our show off at 20 episodes. The episodes will be as follows in order (DATES AND TIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED):
  1. Tiffany Sessions and Kamrie Mitchell (Missing in Florida Spotlight) feat. Stefani Warden, Kamrie's mother
  5. Opileka Jane Doe
  6. Belle Chasse John Doe
That's all I have for now! I am excited to have the chance once again to promote the podcast with CW's help! ALSO: If you have a case you would like for me to cover, feel free to post it on the board, or message me! I also can be reached via email at jpfproductionslead@gmail.com

Thanks Everyone!
I missed this as I was at a conference last week! Sounds like you've had to make changes due to challenges as we were dealing with our own! Good to know all of us are moving forward again for the cause of those who can't speak for themselves.

:grouphug:

5. Opileka Jane Doe
  6. Belle Chasse John Doe

Thanks Everyone!
We need to make sure we have all these cases on here and ready for discussion. Be SURE to listen to Jason's shows as he's been so good to us with his shout outs. :grouphug:

5. Opileka Jane Doe
  6. Belle Chasse John Doe

Not sure which case "Spokane Valley Jane Doe" is?

4. Walker County Jane Doe - https://www.crimewatchers.net/threa...-along-i-45-near-huntsville-tx-1-nov-1980.30/
5. Oplika Jane Doe - https://www.crimewatchers.net/threa...at-trailer-park-in-opelika-al-28-jan-2012.34/
6. Belle Chasse John Doe - https://www.crimewatchers.net/threa...mmon-tree-in-belle-chasse-la-14-feb-1975.364/

Hey there! It should be Millie Doe, the Jane Doe from Spokane that was found in 1984

Thank you @Jason Futch & @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Anyone who makes threads for the other cases coming up, be sure to put them in the discussion area so Jason's listeners can join and discuss with us.

Hey everyone! Thanks for helping out with this! We got some cool updates! We are dropping Unsolved Magazine as a sponsor. They are ripping subscribers off, something I will discuss in the next show. Also, we are no longer doing a seasonal show! We have decided to roll with it and keep giving the listeners what they want! Toward the end of the current setlist, we will release a fresh lineup of cases we will be covering! Got lots of time on my hands now since Coronavirus has ended my bus driving career. lol.

Thank you so much for putting the list together and getting threads created! We have made a couple of programming changes. They are:

6. Belle Chasse John Doe has been moved to a later date. We are replacing it with the Robert and Freida Wheatly murder out of Portland, Oregon. Link to the case: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/article/348709

8. Kenneth Saunders has been moved to a later date. We are replacing it with the Amy Mihaljevic murder from 1989. Link to the case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Amy_Mihaljevic

Hopefully the links will help to get a thread started! :)

I am slacking everyone, my apologies!!!

A new episode of TCCF featuring the Walker County Jane Doe is now available! You can find it on Anchor at:

We also have an exclusive interview with Carl Koppelman at:

Nick made a wonderful host for both episodes! He will be hosting the episode on Amy Mijhalevic that is coming soon! Stay tuned!

Another episode on Troy Galloway is also available at the channel:

NEW EPISODE OUT ON OPELIKA JANE DOE!

And as a big thank you to Crimewatchers for helping me promote the podcast, CW members will get an exclusive look at the upcoming Season 2B lineup tomorrow!!!! :) A day earlier than everyone else!

ty! I'm listening now, but want to know why when yourself & Nick begin to speak together the volume decreases making it difficult to hear clearly. Perhaps it's technical on my end however I thought I'd ask.

ty! I'm listening now, but want to know why when yourself & Nick begin to speak together the volume decreases making it difficult to hear clearly. Perhaps it's technical on my end however I thought I'd ask.
I’m not sure, I think it’s the app we’ve been using. We are gonna switch sound formats again next episode. What we need is better equipment, but unfortunately we are but a wee poor podcast lol. Thanks for getting through it haha :)

BREAKING: Due to the recent identification of Valentine Jane Doe, I have replaced the first episode of the next half of Season 2 to be on Taylor McAllister’s murder! I have yet to announce any case fillers for Episode 31. Stay tuned!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up! We are going to b taking a month off before continuing with our next episodes on Robert and Freida Wheatley (their son finally got back to me!) and Millie Doe. We are in the process of yet again another revamp. We ordered some new microphones that are going to be coming in the next few weeks. Also, we are going to be working out new production details and are also bringing aboard a music producer to help us with our sound. We are still using Mitch Murder, but to close us out. We brought along Zach Bibeault, a music producer based in Austin, Texas, as the new sound for TCCF. It will be original music created specifically for the show.

During this month off, I'd like for you all to sound off on what you think we should change about TCCF and what we should add. Do we do too much intro dialogue? Are we emphasizing recent case updates and news vs. the topic at hand? Does our sound quality need work? Let us know here in the forum. I have always believed that we can't know what to change if people are being ugly with their suggestions (like in Apple Podcasts) instead of giving us feedback about what actually needs to change.

Please let me know what I can do to help!

--Jason

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up! We are going to b taking a month off before continuing with our next episodes on Robert and Freida Wheatley (their son finally got back to me!) and Millie Doe. We are in the process of yet again another revamp. We ordered some new microphones that are going to be coming in the next few weeks. Also, we are going to be working out new production details and are also bringing aboard a music producer to help us with our sound. We are still using Mitch Murder, but to close us out. We brought along Zach Bibeault, a music producer based in Austin, Texas, as the new sound for TCCF. It will be original music created specifically for the show.

During this month off, I'd like for you all to sound off on what you think we should change about TCCF and what we should add. Do we do too much intro dialogue? Are we emphasizing recent case updates and news vs. the topic at hand? Does our sound quality need work? Let us know here in the forum. I have always believed that we can't know what to change if people are being ugly with their suggestions (like in Apple Podcasts) instead of giving us feedback about what actually needs to change.

Please let me know what I can do to help!

--Jason
Once again, I encourage any feedback, positive or otherwise! We are getting ready to go in a new direction with the podcast. We have also agreed to rename the podcast and bring about some changes; especially now that we have an opportunity to! Please stay tuned! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back