TX ERICA HERNANDEZ: Missing from Houston, TX - 17 April 2021 - Age 40 *Found Deceased*

1619461102634.png 1619461110457.png

Have you seen her? Police searching for mother of 3 missing for several days​

Police are searching for answers in the disappearance of a mother of three who has been missing since Sunday morning.

Investigators said 40-year-old Erica Hernandez was last seen near Highway 288 and the Beltway driving a black GMC Acadia.

“The fact that her children need a mother, that’s what worries me the most,” said Hernandez’s sister Ashley.

Family members said Hernandez had been at a friend’s house Saturday evening. Hernandez left to drop off her car back at home so her daughter could take it to work at 5 a.m. Sunday.

According to the family, Hernandez’s friend texted her to see if she had made it home and Hernandez told her she was five minutes away, but she never made it. No one has heard from her since.

Hernandez’s family believes something may have happened to her because she is not likely to have left her 19-year-old daughter without a vehicle to take to work.

Missing: Mother of 3 last seen in SW Houston last week​

A Houston mother of three vanished six days ago, and her family is hoping someone has seen her.

Erica Hernandez, 40, was last seen in the Braeswood/Bellfort area of southwest Houston around 2:45 a.m. on April 17.

Houston police are investigating, and they say they are taking this case very seriously.

Texas Eqqusearch volunteers are also helping with the search.

Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch said they are helping in the search.

“We do have some areas where the phone pinged last which again is out by that 288/Post Oak area. We’ve search that area," Miller said.
Miller said none of her belongings have been found.

“So what we’re trying to do and what HPD is trying to do is get more information on OnStar and the phone to see if they both went off at the same time and what that location was,” Miller said.

Erica’s family is holding out hope that she’ll soon be reunited with her kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Video shows missing mother of 3 outside sister-in-law’s house night before disappearance​

Ring video shows a missing mother of three’s last moments the night before her disappearance. Now, a $1,000 reward has been donated in hopes of getting new information on her whereabouts and what happened the night she was last seen.

The video shows 40-year-old Erica Hernandez walking outside of her sister-in-law’s house.

Investigators say Hernandez was last seen last Sunday near Highway 288 and the Beltway driving a black GMC Acadia. It has a Texas license plate MKJ-3303.

“We have eliminated a lot of areas, we covered a lot of miles,” said the director of Texas EquuSearch, Tim Miller.

On Saturday morning, Texas EquuSearch crews continued to search wooded areas along FM 2234 in Fort Bend County hoping to find Hernandez.

“None of the leads, none of the tips, none of the things that have come in. Nothing in the investigation as of yet is certain. All have been dead ends,” Miller said.

According to Hernandez’s family, she and her mother were making food all day the day of her disappearance. When Hernandez invited friends and family over to eat, most of them couldn’t make it. Her family said Hernandez didn’t want to waste the food, so she decided to deliver it to them.

“Erica came to my house around 8:10 p.m. (Ring video). She left her car on because her kids were in the car,” Hernandez’s sister-in-law Eliva told KPRC 2. “Erica sat and talked to me for about five minutes and then left. Erica then went back home to drop her kids off.”

Eliva said possibly around 9:30 p.m., Hernandez went back out to her best friend Maggie’s house to deliver more food. Eliva said Hernandez was there until about 2:30 a.m.

“Maggie was texting Erica during her drive home to make sure she made it home safe,” Eliva said. “At 3:04 a.m., Maggie texted Erica asking if she made it home yet. Erica replied that she was five mins away.”

Eliva said Maggie then asked again once five minutes passed, but didn’t get a response. No one has heard from Erica since.

This is super scary! She was texting along the way to let her friend know she was safe? Was it because of the early morning hour, or was she having relationship difficulties? The reason I wonder is because did she make it to her driveway and was accosted while exiting her vehicle?

My immediate thought was that she had an accident. Would be interesting to know exactly where home is, and exactly where they're searching.

Equusearch has mentioned two areas that I saw, that appear to be in two very different areas. But I'm not familiar with Houston...

“We do have some areas where the phone pinged last which again is out by that 288/Post Oak area. We’ve search that area," Miller said.
West Houston. If this is the right area...there is a river there, and a large park.
1619463978413.png

On Saturday morning, Texas EquuSearch crews continued to search wooded areas along FM 2234 in Fort Bend County hoping to find Hernandez.
South Houston. Also some water and wooded areas.
1619464248359.png

Neither thing is probably anything but she and her mom cooked and prepared food all day and she invited people over but most could not make it, was there an occasion and something went wrong? Perhaps not, just a thought.

Also it may be just wording but it said she was going to drop off her car for her daughter to take to work. Dropping off the car implies someone was picking her up or taking her back somewhere or she was headed somewhere after that with someone. Otherwise, I would think it would be more like she had to get home so her car was there for her daughter in the morning, not she had to "drop" her car off.

'We need eyes everywhere' | FBI joins search for Erica Hernandez​

The FBI has joined the Houston Police Department and volunteers in the search for Erica Hernandez, a missing mother of three who hasn't been seen since a week ago.

On Monday, Hernandez's family met with Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee and investigators. Lee spoke to the media after the meeting and said the search for the missing mother is moving to a larger area. She said the FBI will provide additional resources.

"We’re looking for Erica Hernandez and not letting up," Lee said.

Houston police who work in the department's missing person's division said they have put countless hours into this case and will continue to do so until Hernandez is found.

Investigators said they first started the search for Hernandez in Fort Bend County after receiving a tip, but that search returned no results. Police and several volunteers searched near Hernandez's neighborhood for clues but nothing was found there, either.

Texas EquuSearch volunteers said they’ve even searched in wooded areas, along creeks and banks.

Police believe Hernandez could be anywhere because her SUV is also missing.

Investigators said they need help from the community to broaden the search.

"We need eyes everywhere,” police said Monday.

Anyone who may have seen Hernandez or her SUV to call the Houston Police Department at 832-394-1840 or call Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.

Hernandez's family is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that will lead them to her whereabouts.

'We need eyes everywhere' | FBI joins search for Erica Hernandez​

The FBI has joined the Houston Police Department and volunteers in the search for Erica Hernandez, a missing mother of three who hasn't been seen since a week ago.

On Monday, Hernandez's family met with Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee and investigators. Lee spoke to the media after the meeting and said the search for the missing mother is moving to a larger area. She said the FBI will provide additional resources.

"We’re looking for Erica Hernandez and not letting up," Lee said.

Houston police who work in the department's missing person's division said they have put countless hours into this case and will continue to do so until Hernandez is found.

Investigators said they first started the search for Hernandez in Fort Bend County after receiving a tip, but that search returned no results. Police and several volunteers searched near Hernandez's neighborhood for clues but nothing was found there, either.

Texas EquuSearch volunteers said they’ve even searched in wooded areas, along creeks and banks.

Police believe Hernandez could be anywhere because her SUV is also missing.

Investigators said they need help from the community to broaden the search.

"We need eyes everywhere,” police said Monday.

Anyone who may have seen Hernandez or her SUV to call the Houston Police Department at 832-394-1840 or call Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.

Hernandez's family is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that will lead them to her whereabouts.
While they are probably checking to see if she had a car accident, they also need to be checking all apartment building and airport parking lots. How many cases have we heard of where their abandoned cars have been found in those areas?

They are putting a lot of hours and search time, etc. into this. This is a good thing but I can't help but note this does not always happen with missing adults. LE seems heavily involved and there is TX Equusearch which needs LE agreement to get involved and the FBI assisting. I can't help but think they know something other than what we do.

What about the GPS/Onstar on the vehicle and of course her cell phone?

She could have simply had an accident, had she been drinking at all? That is not any kind of judgment, just since it was 2:30 in the morning with hours spent at a friend's home, feel it is a natural question and could lend to the chance of an accident. The handling of this case though seems more like they may think there is foul play.

The ring video above is not the last place she was as it says it was her SIL's home and the articles say she went back out to her friend Maggie's house. It does show she was okay at that time though.

Just observations.

Daughter of missing Houston mother speaks about her disappearance​

VIDEO AT LINK

Relatives beg for clues in disappearance of Houston mother of 3​

Family members describe Erica Hernandez as a loving mother. She's a single mother who works full-time to care for her three children. She even donates plasma twice a week, trying to bring in more money for her household.

Her son, Dennis, turns 16 years old Wednesday. Erica's sister, Ashley Hernandez, said there's no way in this world Erica would miss his birthday.

"It's about bringing my sister home to her children. My nephew's birthday is coming up. It's going to be a hard 16, I'll tell you that. Please find it in your heart to look at your camera, think about what happened Sunday last week," said Hernandez. "I really do think she's in danger. There's no reason why we can't find her vehicle. I do think she's in danger. I really do."

Daughter of missing Houston mother speaks about her disappearance​

VIDEO AT LINK

Relatives beg for clues in disappearance of Houston mother of 3​

Family members describe Erica Hernandez as a loving mother. She's a single mother who works full-time to care for her three children. She even donates plasma twice a week, trying to bring in more money for her household.

Her son, Dennis, turns 16 years old Wednesday. Erica's sister, Ashley Hernandez, said there's no way in this world Erica would miss his birthday.

"It's about bringing my sister home to her children. My nephew's birthday is coming up. It's going to be a hard 16, I'll tell you that. Please find it in your heart to look at your camera, think about what happened Sunday last week," said Hernandez. "I really do think she's in danger. There's no reason why we can't find her vehicle. I do think she's in danger. I really do."
I have to agree with her sister. 😕

I do have to wonder if something might have happened at the friends house
LE should be able to determine that due to cell phone pings. Friend said she texted her saying she was 5 minutes from home.

I think it's really odd that there was that much concern about her getting home. Texting from the phone is also risky, KWIM? I can see being concerned enough to tell her to call when she got home, but not all the way there.

LE should be able to determine that due to cell phone pings. Friend said she texted her saying she was 5 minutes from home.

I think it's really odd that there was that much concern about her getting home. Texting from the phone is also risky, KWIM? I can see being concerned enough to tell her to call when she got home, but not all the way there.
the texting her while she was driving is why i think that, too.

A quick Google search shows no texting while driving in Texas. This doesn't tell us much as some may not follow the rule and some I know use hands free and voice in the vehicle.

The vehicle the video said is a 2000 so that makes me wonder with regard to GPS and other features.

I feel for the daughter, leaving college to help with her siblings and can't imagine the fear with her mom missing this long. They said the mother was taking the car home so her daughter had it for work on Sunday so the daughter must have been on break or home for the weekend as Texas A & M is 500 miles plus from Houston. This would lead me to think the daughter had no vehicle of her own and her mother would for sure be heading home one would think.

The video above mentioned searching in Sunnyside, the last area she was seen. A bit of research shows that Sunnyside has three times the crime rate of Houston, and Sunnyside has been named one of the top most dangerous neighborhoods in America. I am typically one to lean towards most crimes are committed by someone the person knows but the time of day and area does make me think twice.

Texas Equusearch mentioned her phone pings. So it appears that they do have that info. Not sure where the pings were in relation to her friends house or her house.

Regarding the texting, I'd be worried about someone leaving for a 30 minute drive at 2:30 am. Especially if they had been drinking (not saying they had). Usually if I'm in a situation like that with a friend we'll say "text when you make it home"...but sometimes we'll forget, so the other person will ask if we made it. If I expected her to be home by 3:00 am, yes I would definitely text and ask if she'd made it yet. If she said 5 minutes away, my most likely response would be "ok well let me know when you make it". Then if I don't hear from her again, yes I'd text again. I don't find anything weird about the texts.

What I AM interested in is how close the phone pings are to where she was supposed to be headed. And if they match up to the times of the texts.

A quick Google search shows no texting while driving in Texas. This doesn't tell us much as some may not follow the rule and some I know use hands free and voice in the vehicle.

The vehicle the video said is a 2000 so that makes me wonder with regard to GPS and other features.

I feel for the daughter, leaving college to help with her siblings and can't imagine the fear with her mom missing this long. They said the mother was taking the car home so her daughter had it for work on Sunday so the daughter must have been on break or home for the weekend as Texas A & M is 500 miles plus from Houston. This would lead me to think the daughter had no vehicle of her own and her mother would for sure be heading home one would think.

The video above mentioned searching in Sunnyside, the last area she was seen. A bit of research shows that Sunnyside has three times the crime rate of Houston, and Sunnyside has been named one of the top most dangerous neighborhoods in America. I am typically one to lean towards most crimes are committed by someone the person knows but the time of day and area does make me think twice.
My 2000 jeep has no GPS, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back