UT DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT - 28 May 2022 - Age 19 *Found Deceased*ARREST*

1654822383468.png

Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after ‘weird run-in’ with stranger​

Katie Wells of Rigby tells EastIdahoNews.com her nephew, Dylan Rounds, was last seen Saturday in Lucin, Utah, on the farm where he is working. Rounds apparently called several family members last Wednesday after having a “weird run-in” with a guy on a gravel road.

“The man was walking down the gravel road barefoot. He flagged Dylan down, who was in his truck. He asked to use Dylan’s phone and was acting erratically. Dylan felt the man was dangerous and may have been high. When he asked Dylan for a ride, (Dylan) did not give him a ride,” Wells explains.

Wells says the man was spotted in Montello, Nevada several days later asking about Dylan and there are reports that the man got a ride to Dylan’s trailer on Saturday.

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

“He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Dylan’s mom, Candice Cooley, lives in Twin Falls and his dad, Justin Rounds, lives in Ucon. They are actively involved in the search and are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who finds him or knows where he might be.

MEDIA - DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT since 28 May 2022 - Age 19

Last edited:
(You're welcome!)

I think I get what you're saying- and I totally get Dylan wanting a washing machine, but the issue was priority and I have to say that I think the old hand was right.
I had the same thought. I get the washing machine too but work is work. "Authority" could well be some of the root of it though of course, meaning who is whose boss and Dylan "seemed" to think he was the boss of the hired hand...

I had the same thought. I get the washing machine too but work is work. "Authority" could well be some of the root of it though of course, meaning who is whose boss and Dylan "seemed" to think he was the boss of the hired hand...
Well, what concerns me is that Dylan was without the man's help and expertise for all those weeks.
And in that HeavyD video, it comes across to me as though Dylan's mother and husband may not have been aware that the farmhand had been fired.

Well, what concerns me is that Dylan was without the man's help and expertise for all those weeks.
And in that HeavyD video, it comes across to me as though Dylan's mother and husband may not have been aware that the farmhand had been fired.
I haven't seen the heavy D ones and probably should. I saw a couple of others with the mom, etc.

He was the one sent to check on him wasn't he? Maybe a few did not know he had fired him. I think it was grandma that asked him to check wasn't it?

With all going on, they most likely are his boots BUT since this is a garbage area, they could be someone else's and they also could have been put there at any given time or day.

In my neck of the woods, Red Wings are THE work boot for both farmers and workers alike. They are hard to find there are only certain outlets that carry them. There may be other well known boots but here they are again, THE boot.

If anything similar is the case in that area, it wouldn't be uncommon at all for others to have the same boots. I imagine his mother would have known his size though...

However, when she said she helps him find another pair of his certain kind of boot every time he needs a new pair, I wondered if they weren't something like Red Wing as she has to help him FIND another pair somewhere... That is in large part what got me wondering if they even are his boots because here, Red Wings are popular and most men have them if in need of a work boot and they can find them and afford them.

And since Dylan is missing, we can't even be sure he is missing his boots and not wearing them.
being where he is, I'm picturing more like cowboy boots, but only because of where this is taking place.

being where he is, I'm picturing more like cowboy boots, but only because of where this is taking place.
Could be. Where I'm from it is work boots and the only other shoe/boot some guys have are their cowboy boots and that is what they wear for "dress" to go out to the bar (not work or farm in) and I wouldn't call some of those "dressed up". My recent ex was exactly like that... Pretty sure I am the one that got him into any tennis shoes, sandals or shorts. People pretty much told me that. And he was no yout, he was in his 40s.

However, I'm sure ranchers maybe are more cowboy boots and possibly that part of the country but I'd think you'd go waterproof work boots...

I'd also add he went out in work boots too, the cowboy boots were like for weddings or a nicer night out lol.
In most of Wyoming cowboy boots are work boots and they have their dress boots on top of that. That is all the guys I know that live out there wear and they just call them "boots" or "shoes" with no difference between the terms. We used to have a crew that was from out there (Cheyenne) of 5 guys and that is all any of them wore.

In most of Wyoming cowboy boots are work boots and they have their dress boots on top of that. That is all the guys I know that live out there wear and they just call them "boots" or "shoes" with no difference between the terms. We used to have a crew that was from out there (Cheyenne) of 5 guys and that is all any of them wore.
I thought this was Utah? And Nevada? If I heard Wyoming or Texas, I likely would think of cowboy boots.

I have seen cowboy boots that ARE like a work boot or at least they are a pull on boot rather than the lace up.

I guess what we think sometimes comes from our own experience or where we live plays in. I picture lace up insulated work boots with steel toes.

I haven't seen the heavy D ones and probably should. I saw a couple of others with the mom, etc.

He was the one sent to check on him wasn't he? Maybe a few did not know he had fired him. I think it was grandma that asked him to check wasn't it?
Well, there's only one episode I've ever watched, but yeah, it would have saved you a lot of confusion/discussion if you'd seen it from the start (like I did).

Yeah, he's the man who the grandmother asked to go check on Dylan, and I think he could also be the man who owns- and possibly lives on- the property where the grain truck was parked.
Here's the episode. To save a little time, I'd start it at about 6:47.

Well, there's only one episode I've ever watched, but yeah, it would have saved you a lot of confusion/discussion if you'd seen it from the start (like I did).

Yeah, he's the man who the grandmother asked to go check on Dylan, and I think he could also be the man who owns- and possibly lives on- the property where the grain truck was parked.
Here's the episode. To save a little time, I'd start it at about 6:47.

I watched the things I knew had the mother, etc. on but never got around to the Heavy D guy and honestly, the first few times I saw the mom too, things were still confusing afterwards as to what was where for locations and more. That' snot a judgment of her, they were just finding out, under extreme duress I'm sure plus you tend to answer what is asked so that is also on anyone interviewing. And then there was just confusion on what they did know like powerwashed truck or not, was he in town Friday or not, etc. early on.

Thanks for putting it here, I'll try to watch it.

The only one of the others I hadn't watched that I knew of was East Idaho News with both parents and I just now finished that one that had both parents on.

It was minor but the mom said it was raining when Dylan told grandma he had to get his grain in. I know it didn't supposedly rain as much that morning as afternoon but that means the grain was possibly already exposed to some rain. Was he upset I wonder or was it no big deal... I keep wondering if he was out late and overslept. Not a judgment just a scenario that keeps crossing my mind. Or had even just gotten home and had stayed in town. Did grandma call just to chat or check in or was she making sure he was home, okay or up and about? That too is not a judgment, it wouldn't be an unusual thing to do for a grandparent or parent at his age.

One of the things that doesn't work for me is Dylan takes the grain truck to protect the grain in the morning but his phone pings around 3 that afternoon. in the general area out there of his farm? Unless someone else had control of his phone then, the boots and grain protection site don't seem to relate to his disappearance and he wouldn't have went missing from there that morning... It might fit him walking home...

Mom said his boots were in the wrong direction from where he would walk home, etc. I don't find that necessarily unusual if he was availing himself of the dump site... And could he have went to the road hoping to get or hitch a ride or see someone he knew and hope to get a ride? Maybe he was tired or hung over and didn't want to walk home... Again not a judgment, just trying to figure out what and why...

it was just a spot/drip of blood on his boots and they didn't even think it blood at first. Still don't know if human... Dad said Dylan had his boots about a year maybe or so...

Maybe they had a key to the trailer otherwise it sounds like maybe it was not locked but the truck was as they went in the trailer but had to break into the truck...

Mom said Dylan had big plans for the entire valley... That again might not sit well or may sound like bragging to others in the area. Possibly...

The guy with the piece of equipment helped him do his "main line" last year and helped him out, etc. Believe this was the bar owner and the one who also sent them on the wild goose chase saying someone had Dylan...

Sounds like Box Elder is still a problem at least as far as Equusearch and more...

I don't know...

I thought this was Utah? And Nevada? If I heard Wyoming or Texas, I likely would think of cowboy boots.

I have seen cowboy boots that ARE like a work boot or at least they are a pull on boot rather than the lace up.

I guess what we think sometimes comes from our own experience or where we live plays in. I picture lace up insulated work boots with steel toes.
it seems very much the same "type" of environment and mindset to me so that is what I pictured.

Watching the Heavy D one. It was early on in this case so some has been learned since then or changed...

Mom says that he will be wearing a sweatshirt or flannel even if 80 or more degrees out. That would make for one hot long walk home and very dehydrating although I guess I don't know what the temp was that day, have we ever heard?

Also she says the ping was it sounded like behind the shed a ways where it is hilly or slopes down or some such... She said he wouldn't have any reason to be in the rest of the ping circle so they know it had to be there it pinged or some such... I don't think that is necessarily true though depending on whether he or someone else had his phone, etc. at 3ish p.m. and even though she said he had no reason to be elsewhere in the ping circl, there is also no reason he should be missing so not a criticism butI just don't think one could be entirely sure of that...

Watching the Heavy D one. It was early on in this case so some has been learned since then or changed...

Mom says that he will be wearing a sweatshirt or flannel even if 80 or more degrees out. That would make for one hot long walk home and very dehydrating although I guess I don't know what the temp was that day, have we ever heard?

Also she says the ping was it sounded like behind the shed a ways where it is hilly or slopes down or some such... She said he wouldn't have any reason to be in the rest of the ping circle so they know it had to be there it pinged or some such... I don't think that is necessarily true though depending on whether he or someone else had his phone, etc. at 3ish p.m. and even though she said he had no reason to be elsewhere in the ping circl, there is also no reason he should be missing so not a criticism butI just don't think one could be entirely sure of that...
she seems to be putting a lot of her opinions out as facts. There is no way she can be positive of what all his daily life entailed. They can change a LOT in their first year out on their own. I do believe from her that he was a really good kid and this is not normal for him to be gone and it needs looked into. After a year away from me, there is no way I would be able to tell you as a fact that those were the boots my kids were currently wearing, especially if they had multiples of the same one. It might just mean he bought a new pair and discarded those.

it seems very much the same "type" of environment and mindset to me so that is what I pictured.
And certainly could be and I think we are both going based on what we know and have seen. You said you've seen it with crews, etc. and I've seen the farm thing but in the midwest... Even at school, seriously, the "farmers" wore their cowboy boots and Wranglers generally in my day. Get home and I'm sure it was straight to work boots. Only very specific things too, although far from fancy or dressy, and wouldn't be caught dead in anything else. NO SHORTS. If a button down shirt it would be flannel and they wouldn't be caught dead in a golf type shirt or polo, etc. NO tennis shoes although for sports and gym they had to I'm sure. Etc. They had to "fit" their group just as anyone else... AND nice enough most but they also had their arrogance most of them. Act tough, many, etc. and fight.

And certainly could be and I think we are both going based on what we know and have seen. You said you've seen it with crews, etc. and I've seen the farm thing but in the midwest... Even at school, seriously, the "farmers" wore their cowboy boots and Wranglers generally in my day. Get home and I'm sure it was straight to work boots. Only very specific things too, although far from fancy or dressy, and wouldn't be caught dead in anything else. NO SHORTS. If a button down shirt it would be flannel and they wouldn't be caught dead in a golf type shirt or polo, etc. NO tennis shoes although for sports and gym they had to I'm sure. Etc. They had to "fit" their group just as anyone else... AND nice enough most but they also had their arrogance most of them. Act tough, many, etc. and fight.
not many working cowboy boots here, either. Just for show.

And then there was just confusion on what they did know like powerwashed truck or not, was he in town Friday or not, etc. early on.
You know, her info was that it started raining that Sat morn, but I just recently watched a YouTube video in which the guest's info was that it actually started raining on Friday. Now, of course, I'm well aware that it can be raining on one side of the street and be clear and sunny on the other, but such info causes me to wonder how much rainfall there actually was prior to or by that Sat morn..

Also she says the ping was it sounded like behind the shed a ways where it is hilly or slopes down or some such... She said he wouldn't have any reason to be in the rest of the ping circle so they know it had to be there it pinged or some such... I don't think that is necessarily true though depending on whether he or someone else had his phone, etc. at 3ish p.m. and even though she said he had no reason to be elsewhere in the ping circl, there is also no reason he should be missing
She lost me there, too. I mean, it was a 15 mile radius, period...
Anyway, based on the closed gate info, at this point, I'm thinking that D and J were actually right, that is, that he actually did go out that way.

Edit: I'm not positive that both D and J were of that same impression; such info came from the mother's husband, and he referred to them as a pair rather than individuals.

Last edited:
she seems to be putting a lot of her opinions out as facts. There is no way she can be positive of what all his daily life entailed. They can change a LOT in their first year out on their own. I do believe from her that he was a really good kid and this is not normal for him to be gone and it needs looked into. After a year away from me, there is no way I would be able to tell you as a fact that those were the boots my kids were currently wearing, especially if they had multiples of the same one. It might just mean he bought a new pair and discarded those.
I think so too and I understand but I think it a bit unwise even to be so certain on such things in an investigation. Just a new friend could change what he might do (socially) or extra money might change the boot situation and maybe having two pair or getting new, etc. The other thing is when you are still reliant on a parent for money or for credit which it seems like he was with dad at least, you aren't always going to share where you spend every red cent you have because even the best meaning parent and even the most noninvasive one may say hey you don't need that or to waste money on that when you don't support yourself and feel they have the right with their adult kid because they still provide money or trucks or campers, insurance, cell phone, or whatever the case might be, etc.

She said in the Heavy D video this was a drip/spot of blood only and she and dad said it was dark and they thought maybe oil in fact... Undetermined that they know of so far that it is even human. I think it is so possible that it is animal quite honestly BUT who knows, he is missing and the boots were found and a drop of blood is on them so it could be ominous/foul play of course...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helender
Back