UT DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT - 28 May 2022 - Age 19 *Found Deceased*ARREST*

1654822383468.png

Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after ‘weird run-in’ with stranger​

Katie Wells of Rigby tells EastIdahoNews.com her nephew, Dylan Rounds, was last seen Saturday in Lucin, Utah, on the farm where he is working. Rounds apparently called several family members last Wednesday after having a “weird run-in” with a guy on a gravel road.

“The man was walking down the gravel road barefoot. He flagged Dylan down, who was in his truck. He asked to use Dylan’s phone and was acting erratically. Dylan felt the man was dangerous and may have been high. When he asked Dylan for a ride, (Dylan) did not give him a ride,” Wells explains.

Wells says the man was spotted in Montello, Nevada several days later asking about Dylan and there are reports that the man got a ride to Dylan’s trailer on Saturday.

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

“He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Dylan’s mom, Candice Cooley, lives in Twin Falls and his dad, Justin Rounds, lives in Ucon. They are actively involved in the search and are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who finds him or knows where he might be.

MEDIA - DYLAN ROUNDS: Missing from Lucin, UT since 28 May 2022 - Age 19

Last edited:
yeah- that strange man. unless i read it wrong, it sounds like he had been in or around Dylan's flat. ill be damned if they havent taken him to the scene. that would give him away. especially if it sounded like he knew where he was going which is a crimson flag.
The thing is the mom has talked to him and doesn't seem to think he is involved (unless she is advised to play it that way) and I think he was basically cleared by alibi and the cops never seemed to think he was of interest either...

It is odd though and the timing and all... And supposedly he was asking about him days after the ride and looking for him or his place or something...

Or (I take it that they weren't in too bad of shape), could be there because they were either spared or salvaged from the burn hole.
That's a good point or thought too. I'll tell you a recent true story and try to keep it short. I am just recently divorced. He has taken and had taken all of value or destroyed anything that mattered to me, etc. I just a few days ago took control of one of our properties and found the same of course and more to face and deal with. At a point we found a pair of boots in the house in a chest. Name brand expensive good boots. Just like we are likely talking here. And my sister and I reacted oh, something of value that isn't wrecked. On close inspection they still looked good but had small holes/tears and an unseen crack in them that rendered them worthless and no longer waterproof. Also a true recent story, we have no garbage pickup there so just another thing they left that now I have to find a way to dispose of as they couldn't dispose of their garbage. (and there is more of course).

The point is these looked like perfectly good almost new boots. And even when we noticed this, I didn't see anything wrong with them it was my sister who told me they would no longer be waterproof, it just didn't look that bad but on further inspection, I agreed, they were cracked/split where it mattered, etc.

The point also is Dylan likely didn't have an easy or legal way to dispose of garbage.

If LE took the boots and the family couldn't closely inspect them they very well might have appeared to mom as a very good newer pair of boots... But were worthless...

it was locked? it had to had been someone who could have locked it behind them. it had to have been someone he knew at least a little bit. does this kid have any friends? i find it hard to believe he was hanging out playing pool and drinking with older strangers alone. i mean, thats how you get hurt. his friends should be in hella spotlight right about now. people kill their friends all the time because of altercations. drunk teenagers and angers is a recipe for chaos. tragedy and disaster.
I find this to be a part of the story strangely missing. They haven't said he was a loner or anything but it was made clear he didn't date in high school, didn't party now, etc. and that all he ever wanted to do was farm, was reliable, responsible, etc. and it was his passion. And yet he was at a bar/restaurant and it was said he would see or meet friends there. But there are no friends mentioned by name or questioned that we know of I don't think, etc. Are they good friends or are they acquaintances or just people who frequented the same place? Friends are defined differently by each of us. Some say if they have 5,000 social media followers they have 5,000 friends, I disagree.

My thought or fear would be he was somewhat naive and trusted the wrong people and maybe thought them to be friends or wanted them to be. I don't know this to be fact, I just wonder/speculate it...

if he was out here planting acres like that he must have grown his own food. did he raise cattle\know a butcher? thats something to look into because ive never heard of a vegetarian that lives in a rural area.
I've been asking from the start what kind of farm he and grandpa have because the crop farming sounds recent and something he has been working at to get to be a success. So what was the farming operation of acres before that? Dairy farming? Beef cattle? No idea that I know of.

we havent searched the nearest lakes or dug up some of his property? i mean with a pop of like 19 nobody is gonna see you dig a human sized hole. nobody would hear a murder, either.
It's pretty quiet as to LE and what if anything they have done for searches I think. Early on the mom talked like they were out there less by far than 24 hours, 2 days for some hours each day, and then called it quits searchwise. Last I knew TX Equusearch was going to come in and was moving fast to do so and I think LE had to agree to that. I haven't heard anything since but I also have been pretty tied up these past handful of days so I haven't been able to check podcasts, news, etc. except here some.

we havent searched the nearest lakes or dug up some of his property? i mean with a pop of like 19 nobody is gonna see you dig a human sized hole. nobody would hear a murder, either.
As to digging or lakes too, no idea and no idea what water sources if any are around there. They DID drain Dylan's pond and check there. And I think searched what they said was the five mile or so radius around there.

Good idea.

I'd have to agree. I hate to generalize but yes, beer is a very common thing amongst a lot of rural and farm communities. I come from such. Very, very common.

It's not a knock, just a fact. I figure it very likely he was being served there for the same reason. We had a rural bar known to us that served all and the parents knew it as well, the community knew it and in fact I'm sure the cops knew it, it was a different day and age though too--in fact on the weekdays it was the parents who were in the place and the people that ran it were our parents' age and friends, etc...
nothing like a bud light at a bar counter youre not even supposed to be at lol

It's pretty quiet as to LE and what if anything they have done for searches I think. Early on the mom talked like they were out there less by far than 24 hours, 2 days for some hours each day, and then called it quits searchwise. Last I knew TX Equusearch was going to come in and was moving fast to do so and I think LE had to agree to that. I haven't heard anything since but I also have been pretty tied up these past handful of days so I haven't been able to check podcasts, news, etc. except here some.
mmm- id hope they would still be looking. they could find his body which should be the first priority.

The thing is the mom has talked to him and doesn't seem to think he is involved (unless she is advised to play it that way) and I think he was basically cleared by alibi and the cops never seemed to think he was of interest either...

It is odd though and the timing and all... And supposedly he was asking about him days after the ride and looking for him or his place or something...
wouldn't surprise me if she was (by police). small town gossip would interfere with the investigation.

alright- ill be damned if this hasn't crossed at least one of your minds, so ill be the one to say it. i honestly think it could've been a farm accident that was someone else's fault and instead of calling 911 they disposed of his body. that happens more than you would think. we need to confirm that everyone he knows has a very solid alibi. at the very end as a last resort we need to raise suspicion about the cops themselves. ive only had to do that once so its not likely, especially since this is a good ole American white boy but you never know whos involved. (no slander to white boys, we love ourselves a dylan or a hunter... but you know how authorities are.)

Last edited:

Missing Dylan Rounds: Utah investigators issue warning to anyone involved in teen farmer's disappearance​

"If somebody is involved with Dylan’s disappearance, they need to know we're not going to go away," Chief Deputy Cade Palmer, of the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office, told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "If this takes months, if it takes years, we'll keep knocking on doors."

"If he was OK, then he should have turned up by now," Palmer said. "So we can't rule out that he's not OK, or that somebody may have been involved in his disappearance."

The surrounding area on the Utah and Nevada border is full of old mineshafts, caves and tunnels, and Rounds’ mother Candice Cooley said a professional cave diver had volunteered to help search some of those spaces.

Complicating matters, Cooley said, are a number of false rumors and fake fundraisers circulating on social media.

"We need a direction, evidence, something that’s not a wild goose chase, because it’s not good terrain out there, and it’s not for people who just leisurely just want to come out and search," she told Fox News Digital. "[It’s] over 100 degrees, winds get blowing, and people don’t want you there."

Those people, who are few and far between in the rural stretch west of the Great Salt Lake, have offered little to investigators, Palmer said, which he said was "surprising and strange."

"We’re not even getting tips," he said. "We’re not getting phone calls."

Chief Deputy Palmer, in Box Elder County, said he could not go into specifics about the investigation and that while they had not identified any suspects, they also hadn’t ruled anyone out.

He renewed his appeal to the public for help in finding Rounds and issued a warning for anyone who may have harmed the teen.

Investigators won’t stop without answers, Palmer said.

"So if somebody's laying low that was involved in this or knows something, and they think they lay low long enough we're just going to go away, that's not going to happen. We're going to keep at this until we get answers."

Missing Dylan Rounds: Utah investigators issue warning to anyone involved in teen farmer's disappearance​

"If somebody is involved with Dylan’s disappearance, they need to know we're not going to go away," Chief Deputy Cade Palmer, of the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office, told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "If this takes months, if it takes years, we'll keep knocking on doors."

"If he was OK, then he should have turned up by now," Palmer said. "So we can't rule out that he's not OK, or that somebody may have been involved in his disappearance."

The surrounding area on the Utah and Nevada border is full of old mineshafts, caves and tunnels, and Rounds’ mother Candice Cooley said a professional cave diver had volunteered to help search some of those spaces.

Complicating matters, Cooley said, are a number of false rumors and fake fundraisers circulating on social media.

"We need a direction, evidence, something that’s not a wild goose chase, because it’s not good terrain out there, and it’s not for people who just leisurely just want to come out and search," she told Fox News Digital. "[It’s] over 100 degrees, winds get blowing, and people don’t want you there."

Those people, who are few and far between in the rural stretch west of the Great Salt Lake, have offered little to investigators, Palmer said, which he said was "surprising and strange."

Chief Deputy Palmer, in Box Elder County, said he could not go into specifics about the investigation and that while they had not identified any suspects, they also hadn’t ruled anyone out.

He renewed his appeal to the public for help in finding Rounds and issued a warning for anyone who may have harmed the teen.

"So if somebody's laying low that was involved in this or knows something, and they think they lay low long enough we're just going to go away, that's not going to happen. We're going to keep at this until we get answers."
Hmmm. Not sure what I make of all that. Sound serous and meant but it sure hints at or shows this is not a "welcoming" area.... Or so it sounds...

so what im hearing is that we should be calling in suggestions and that we need to be the real fundraiser... GoFundMe?

Most likely know in most cases I lean towards foul play. Not always but if there is a good possibility of it then for sure that is the way I lean. This one is no different, I think it is foul play.

HOWEVER, I came to realize the other day and have to realize when one stands back a bit and looks so to speak there really is NOT ONE BIT of evidence of foul play here. There just isn't... That bothers me because I feel it is foul play but this means too most likely that if it is someone covered their tracks well enough that probably even LE can't be sure it is foul play and that also means even if solved it may be very hard to build a case without some real evidence.

Dylan's mom and dad are doing all parents should do and everything they can to find him and get the word out and stay on LE and searches, etc. i want to preface my next remarks with this because I want it clear my next remarks are not meant to criticize but just to point out some facts.

Everything we know about Dylan, his state of mind, his mood, his ways, his dedication, his habits, etc. comes from his parents. Parents see their children often in their own light and they do feel they know all as well. Parents though of older children (mine are much older than 20) do come to realize I think that we don't know all and once a child is out on their own, even less so do we know new habits, friends, and more. We also know Dylan said to family he did not give that man a ride but it seems he did so he doesn't always share all with family or tell the truth which is NORMAL of course of any kids adult or otherwise...

His mom also said they first went down there thinking he probably stored the grain out of the rain and something happened to him on his walk back, he hurt himself, broke a leg, bit by a snake, etc. (paraphrasing). It was on other things like thinking the truck was power washed, finding the boots, etc. they came to think foul play quickly...

None of these things though really are necessarily indicative of foul play. And since then many do not think that truck was pressure washed at all and I think even his mom changed her thoughts on that or started to, etc.

The boots even to me lost a bit of suspiciousness when hearing recently they were near a burn or rubbish area so now that isn't quite so odd necessarily either. The blood could even be from butchering or hunting if they did such. Even the pile of dirt can be from digging to bury rubbish as it was said they do there...

The oddest things are no vehicles are missing and the fake abduction story AND claims he was at the bar another day after the one known. And that still doesn't mean anything really either... Just probably someone who doesn't like LE around and someone who probably wasn't following all laws in his establishment trying to maybe throw shade on someone he doesn't like or point in another direction just out of habit and worry...

This young man could have done something to himself and not been found (unlikely I know based on parents' description of him, etc. but just putting the possibilities out there), could have gotten lost or hurt and died and just hasn't been found yet or is the victim of foul play but again with no obvious signs that it is... He could be holed up or hiding and left of his own accord... If a vehicle was missing I would say he maybe had a vehicle accident but they say none are missing... Are they sure I wonder... Could he have taken the road and been offered a ride and then foul play...?

It was near the Memorial Day weekend, were there any big parties going on around or at someone's home? Did he get his grain covered and go back to the bar the other day or ride with someone to there or to a party...

I don't know, he is missing and that is a fact. There just isn't much to say what happened though or that it was foul play. I haven't watched that last video yet, I should go do that when a chance and before I forget again... Maybe they do know more and it is of course possible they know more than we do to show foul play, however, the cops sure were not all gung ho on this case at first for sure...

Most likely know in most cases I lean towards foul play. Not always but if there is a good possibility of it then for sure that is the way I lean. This one is no different, I think it is foul play.

HOWEVER, I came to realize the other day and have to realize when one stands back a bit and looks so to speak there really is NOT ONE BIT of evidence of foul play here. There just isn't... That bothers me because I feel it is foul play but this means too most likely that if it is someone covered their tracks well enough that probably even LE can't be sure it is foul play and that also means even if solved it may be very hard to build a case without some real evidence.

Dylan's mom and dad are doing all parents should do and everything they can to find him and get the word out and stay on LE and searches, etc. i want to preface my next remarks with this because I want it clear my next remarks are not meant to criticize but just to point out some facts.

Everything we know about Dylan, his state of mind, his mood, his ways, his dedication, his habits, etc. comes from his parents. Parents see their children often in their own light and they do feel they know all as well. Parents though of older children (mine are much older than 20) do come to realize I think that we don't know all and once a child is out on their own, even less so do we know new habits, friends, and more. We also know Dylan said to family he did not give that man a ride but it seems he did so he doesn't always share all with family or tell the truth which is NORMAL of course of any kids adult or otherwise...

His mom also said they first went down there thinking he probably stored the grain out of the rain and something happened to him on his walk back, he hurt himself, broke a leg, bit by a snake, etc. (paraphrasing). It was on other things like thinking the truck was power washed, finding the boots, etc. they came to think foul play quickly...

None of these things though really are necessarily indicative of foul play. And since then many do not think that truck was pressure washed at all and I think even his mom changed her thoughts on that or started to, etc.

The boots even to me lost a bit of suspiciousness when hearing recently they were near a burn or rubbish area so now that isn't quite so odd necessarily either. The blood could even be from butchering or hunting if they did such. Even the pile of dirt can be from digging to bury rubbish as it was said they do there...

The oddest things are no vehicles are missing and the fake abduction story AND claims he was at the bar another day after the one known. And that still doesn't mean anything really either... Just probably someone who doesn't like LE around and someone who probably wasn't following all laws in his establishment trying to maybe throw shade on someone he doesn't like or point in another direction just out of habit and worry...

This young man could have done something to himself and not been found (unlikely I know based on parents' description of him, etc. but just putting the possibilities out there), could have gotten lost or hurt and died and just hasn't been found yet or is the victim of foul play but again with no obvious signs that it is... He could be holed up or hiding and left of his own accord... If a vehicle was missing I would say he maybe had a vehicle accident but they say none are missing... Are they sure I wonder... Could he have taken the road and been offered a ride and then foul play...?

It was near the Memorial Day weekend, were there any big parties going on around or at someone's home? Did he get his grain covered and go back to the bar the other day or ride with someone to there or to a party...

I don't know, he is missing and that is a fact. There just isn't much to say what happened though or that it was foul play. I haven't watched that last video yet, I should go do that when a chance and before I forget again... Maybe they do know more and it is of course possible they know more than we do to show foul play, however, the cops sure were not all gung ho on this case at first for sure...
I'm thinking he went with somebody willingly and then something happened.

I'm thinking he went with somebody willingly and then something happened.
There appears to be no theft unless he had a lot of money on his person so the motive is also in question. Someone I guess could have had it in for him or he had a sizable amount of money on him I suppose. The more this goes on though I'm not so sure of that--finding out things were in his dad's name leaves me thinking he did not have much financially but hard to say.

I think you are likely right but when did he go with the person? Maybe someone did pick him up or give him a ride after securing the grain... Nothing apparently was disturbed in the trailer, etc. or taken... Did they then go back to town and go to the bar even...? That would fit with some other things... Where the he77 are the other bar patrons, he was either there the 2nd day or he wasn't!

Or did one of the other farm hands or the fired one pick him up/give him a ride...

He also could have went with someone at gunpoint but then he allegedly had a gun...

There appears to be no theft unless he had a lot of money on his person so the motive is also in question. Someone I guess could have had it in for him or he had a sizable amount of money on him I suppose. The more this goes on though I'm not so sure of that--finding out things were in his dad's name leaves me thinking he did not have much financially but hard to say.

I think you are likely right but when did he go with the person? Maybe someone did pick him up or give him a ride after securing the grain... Nothing apparently was disturbed in the trailer, etc. or taken... Did they then go back to town and go to the bar even...? That would fit with some other things... Where the he77 are the other bar patrons, he was either there the 2nd day or he wasn't!

Or did one of the other farm hands or the fired one pick him up/give him a ride...

He also could have went with someone at gunpoint but then he allegedly had a gun...
When I went through my gun safety training, I was warned about how people will try to get your firearm. It’s more common of a problem than you may think! So they might have gotten it away from him and used it against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helender
Back