• It's FREE to join our group and ALL MEMBERS ARE AD-FREE!

AMBER Alert DULCE ALAVEZ: Missing from Bridgeton, NJ - 16 Sept 2019 - Age 5

New searches planned for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, missing now for over 4 months

1580619118497.png

Family and supporters will gather over the next two weekends to continue searching for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, who was reported missing more than four months ago.

Dulce was visiting Bridgeton City Park on a family outing Sept. 16 when she disappeared without a trace.

Bridgeton Police, the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office and the FBI are working to locate the girl. A reward currently stands at $75,000.


Investigators say the search for Dulce remains a top priority.

Police issued an Amber Alert for a man reportedly seen ushering the girl into a van at the park on the day she disappeared, but authorities later said they just wanted to speak with the person described in the notice.

In October, police released a sketch of a man seen at the park with young children around the time Dulce disappeared. Authorities did not describe him as a suspect, but someone they wished to interview.


 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigil planned for Dulce Alavez in N.J. park where she vanished 5 years ago​

It’s been nearly five years since Dulce Maria Alavez and her family went to a Cumberland County park for a fun afternoon outing.

Family and friends marked her 10th birthday last April with a gathering at a tree dedicated to Dulce near the spot at the park where she was last seen.

The family and supporters will return to Dulce’s Tree on Sept. 16 this year to mark the five-year anniversary of her disappearance and offer prayers for her return.

Organizers are calling it an awareness day for Dulce and urge anyone with information about the missing girl to come forward.
 
I always get excited when I see new posts on unsolved cases or in those of still missing children, etc. and then I find they are only yearly remembrances, reminders, vigils, etc.

Perhaps one day...
 

‘I believe I’ll see her again,’ says mom 5 years after Dulce Alavez vanished from N.J. park​

September is always a tough month for Norma Perez Alavez as she sees children starting the new school year in her Cumberland County community.

Her granddaughter, Dulce Maria Alavez, is supposed to be one of those jubilant kids putting on their backpacks and hurrying off to school for another year.

But, she’s not.

Monday will mark five years since Dulce, just days after starting kindergarten, disappeared during a family outing to Bridgeton City Park.


Investigators believe someone took Dulce from the park, but five years of detective work has not located the missing girl. No one has been charged in her disappearance.

Authorities said they continue to receive new tips and have not given up on finding Dulce. They urged the public to continue sharing leads, no matter how insignificant they may seem.

Alavez Perez remains convinced her daughter has not disappeared forever.

“In my mother’s heart, I believe I’ll see her again one day,” Alavez Perez said.


Dulce’s mother, Alavez Perez, described the last five years as “una pesadilla”a nightmare.

“And no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to wake up from it,” Alavez Perez said in Spanish. “Every night when I go to sleep, I’m like ‘God, please don’t let this all be real’ … but then, I wake up the next day and it is, and it’s been that way for me, again and again, every single day since the day Dulce disappeared.”

The family has been in touch regularly with law enforcement officials, Alavez Perez said. But, they have not been told about any new clues, leads or information about the case.



The Florida-based Anti-Predator Project, a non-profit private investigation firm, began investigating Dulce’s case last year and said it’s making progress.

“I think we’ve got, for the first time, a solid direction and belief of what happened,” group co-founder and president Trent Steele said last week. “Now it just comes down to being able to prove it.”

He declined to elaborate on what has been learned or any theories about what happened to Dulce.

“I can’t do that without jeopardizing the integrity of the investigation,” Steele said. “One thing I would like to do is encourage members of the Bridgeton community to please keep coming forward, because the information that folks have been supplying anonymously has been of tremendous value.”

Steele and his team plan to be in Bridgeton this week working on the case, he said.

His team remains hopeful that Dulce is still alive because they have found no evidence to prove otherwise. Law enforcement officials have said the same in the past.


Soon after Dulce’s disappearance, police released witness descriptions and a sketch of a person of interest. An unclaimed reward for information about the case stands at $75,000.

Anyone with information about Dulce’s disappearance is asked to contact authorities via one of these options:
  • Bridgeton Police: 856-451-0033
  • Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office: 856-453-0486
  • New Jersey State Police: 609-882-2000, ext. 2554
  • Anonymous tips may be sent to Bridgeton Police at bpdops.com/tips or to the prosecutor’s office at njccpo.gov/tips
  • Information may also be submitted to the Anti-Predator Project, by calling 305-796-4859 or emailing info@antipredatorproject.org
Dulce Alavez sketch
 

‘Toys for Justice’ giveaway highlights missing N.J. girl Dulce Alavez and other unsolved cases​

While Christmas is a joyous time for most who celebrate the holiday, for others it can be a painful reminder of a personal loss.

Christmas was Dulce Maria Alavez’s favorite holiday, according to her family.

After the 5-year-old Bridgeton girl was reported missing during a family outing in 2019, the holiday became a difficult annual milestone, as year after year has passed with no word about Dulce’s whereabouts.

As they prepare for their sixth Christmas without Dulce, her family and a small group of volunteers working to keep the child’s name in the public eye are trying something new this year to bring attention to her case.

They’re organizing a Christmas “Toys for Justice” drive to ensure local kids have gifts, while also highlighting the names and stories of others, like Dulce, who are also still waiting for justice.

Each gift presented to a child will bear the name of a missing New Jersey resident. Some of the names may be familiar from news coverage, while others may have received little public attention.

Every gift given is another chance to spread awareness of a case and help a grieving family facing years of uncertainty over the fate of a loved one, according to Trinidad.
 

Disappearance of girl from playground haunts N.J. community 6 years later​

While September marks the start of autumn and the return to school, it also holds a grim significance for a Cumberland County community and a family haunted by mystery.


To mark the sixth anniversary of her disappearance, family and supporters will return to the park at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13, to remind the community that Dulce hasn’t come home.

As in previous years, attendees will gather at Dulce’s Tree, which was dedicated in the little girl’s honor near the playground where she was last seen.

More information about the vigil is available on Facebook via the Justice for Dulce Maria Alavez group.
 

N.J. community refuses to forget little girl who vanished without a trace 6 years ago​

Each September, a Cumberland County community observes a heartbreaking tradition that everyone involved would happily end.

But they can’t end it, because their mission involves a missing child.

The people who come to Bridgeton City Park and gather around a tree near the playground every September are there to remind the world that Dulce Maria Alavez still hasn’t come home.
 

Dulce Maria Alavez: Search for missing girl continues six years after disappearance​

Tuesday marks six years since Dulce Maria Alavez vanished at a park in Cumberland County while she and her brother played a short distance away from their mom.


Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae on Tuesday said investigators "remain committed" to finding Dulce.

"We will not rest until we solve this mystery," Webb-McRae said."

"We owe it to Dulce and her family to bring whoever is responsible for Dulce's disappearance to justice."
 

Social media post claiming Dulce Maria Alavez was found is false, prosecutor says​

A social media post claiming that Dulce Maria Alavez was found dead in a wooded area is false, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

The phony post said that the body of Dulce, the Bridgeton girl who has been missing since 2019, was found in a wooded area by hunters at 6 a.m. on Wednesday. The post, which spelled the girl’s last name incorrectly, also stated that authorities were examining her remains.

In statement on Wednesday afternoon, Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said that the information in the post was false.

“Please be advised that these reports are not confirmed and are untrue,” McRae said in the statement. “No one has reported finding remains at this time.”
 

Social media post claiming Dulce Maria Alavez was found is false, prosecutor says​

A social media post claiming that Dulce Maria Alavez was found dead in a wooded area is false, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

The phony post said that the body of Dulce, the Bridgeton girl who has been missing since 2019, was found in a wooded area by hunters at 6 a.m. on Wednesday. The post, which spelled the girl’s last name incorrectly, also stated that authorities were examining her remains.

In statement on Wednesday afternoon, Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said that the information in the post was false.

“Please be advised that these reports are not confirmed and are untrue,” McRae said in the statement. “No one has reported finding remains at this time.”
Why do people do that?! Start rumors. I can't imagine what her family was thinking. Only to be let down., that they finally had an answer. The person who started the rumor should be charged.
 
I think the prosecutor could have put it a bit more clearly and firmly as to not being true. "not confirmed" and "at this time" is a bit ambiguous. I just mean to leave no opening and to shut this down, it should be made VERY clear there is no truth to such.

Yes, people are scum who make such things up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
3,271
Messages
296,898
Members
1,098
Latest member
AEOD
Back
Top Bottom