IN DIAMOND BYNUM & KING WALKER: Missing from Gary, IN - 25 July 2015 - Age 21 & 2

1584391556154.png

King and his mentally disabled aunt, Diamond Bynum, disappeared from Gary, Indiana on July 25, 2015. Bynum lived with her father and stepmother; King lived with his mother and visited his grandparents and aunt every weekend.

They were last seen at Bynum's home in the 500 block of Matthews Street at approximately 10:20 a.m., when Bynum's stepmother took a nap. When she woke up at 11:00 a.m., her daughter and grandson were gone. It's believed they walked away from the residence, possibly to go to a local store.

Bynum's family had moved to Gary from Hammond, Indiana in February 2015 and Bynum was still unfamiliar with the area; it's possible she and King became lost. Her family stated it's uncharacteristic of her to go more than a few blocks from home.

There were reported sightings of the pair in Gary, Hammond and Chicago after their disappearances, but none have been confirmed. Their family hopes they're still alive. Their cases remain unsolved.

Charley Project - http://charleyproject.org/case/king-rajan-walker

Last edited by a moderator:

Family of King Walker, Diamond Bynum release new age progression image of boy 5 years after Gary disappearance

It's been five years since King Walker and Diamond Bynum vanished from Gary, and now family is hoping a new age progression image of the boy will lead to new tips.

LaShann Walker and her family refuse to give up hope that one day Walker and Bynum will come home safely.

On 7th Birthday Of Missing Boy King Walker, Family Hopes Age-Progression Photo Will Help Locate Him

Where is King Walker?

The toddler vanished coming up on five years ago with his aunt, and on Monday night – which is his 7th birthday – his family is hoping an age progression image will help them find him.

King’s mother was too emotional to talk to us Monday. As for the investigation, the family said no tips or leads have come in.

Picture seems to be the same one linked above from March.

Images of Missing Children From Illinois, Indiana to Be Featured on Gas Pumps to Generate New Leads

King Walker, who disappeared from Gary, Indiana, while visiting a relative’s home, is among the missing children being featured on 20,000 gas stations locally and across the United States.

King's image and information will be shown on gas pump video screens in cities across the U.S. during the month of July via a campaign by NCMEC.

"NCMEC wants to remind and empower the public to be on the lookout this summer for missing children in their area," the organization said in a statement. "We know that all it takes is one person to pay attention, do the right thing and help bring a missing child home."

Families of missing children hope the images on local gas pumps will help generate renewed attention and generate new leads in their cases, NCMEC said.

The gas pump initiative is part of the organization's “Runaway Train” music video campaign launched last year that also featured local missing children.

5 years today. :(

Missing for 5 Years – King Walker and Diamond Bynum

July 25, 2020 is the 5-year mark in the missing case of King Walker and Diamond Bynum. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Gary Police Department in Indiana are still seeking the public’s help to bring home this missing boy and young woman.

“King and Diamond have family that love them and miss them very much. We want to find them and we want justice for our missing children. Not a day goes by that my heart doesn’t ache for the loss of King and Diamond. July 25th is the 5-year mark and it is a reminder that we must never stop searching.” – La Shann Walker, grandmother of King Walker and mother of Diamond Bynum.

“I just ask the public to look into their hearts,” says La Shann Walker. “What if it was their child, daughter, grandson or family member? They would want to know the answers.”

Man continues wait for daughter, grandson to come home 5 years after they went missing in Gary

When Diamond Bynum comes home, she’s going to get whatever her heart desires for her new room.

Her dad, Eugene, and stepmom, Susanne, moved out of the Gary home where Diamond and her nephew, King Walker, went out for a walk and seemingly disappeared into thin air more than five years ago. Diamond’s belongings are now in a closet, waiting for her to return. Then, Eugene Bynum said, maybe they’ll head to her favorite restaurant — Nick and George’s in Hammond — for big cheeseburgers.

“She loves the cheeseburgers there,” Bynum said. “I took her there for her birthday Feb. 15 (months before she and King disappeared), and we took a picture there that I have (as his social media profile picture).”

The years since the two have been gone have hollowed out Bynum. A quiet man by nature, he said prescription medication is the only thing that gets and keeps him going most days; otherwise, he wouldn’t be able to get out of bed.

And the guilt. The guilt just never stops.

At one point, Bynum was ready to hire a private investigator and needed police records, but he was told no, he said, because it was still an active case. Gary Police spokesman Cmdr. Jack Hamady confirmed that it is.

“We have received tips regarding sightings of them throughout the country, and we have sent leads to outside agencies if it is needed to follow up on the tips for Gary,” Hamady said via email. “We have had the Indiana State Police and NWI Major Crimes Task Force assist in this case as well.

“As of now, it is still active, and if anything new comes in, we do follow up on all leads.”

On July 25, 2015, Diamond Bynum, 21, and her nephew, King Walker, 2, went missing from the house where Diamond lived with her stepmother and father, Eugene, in Gary, Indiana. The two reportedly had been taking a nap that afternoon, as had Diamond's stepmother. When the stepmother woke up, she says the two were gone. The family had recently moved to Gary with Diamond, who is described as mentally challenged. At their old home, Diamond was able to go on walks around their neighborhood because she knew the area. The family fears Diamond may have taken King on a walk and gotten lost. Family members have spent more than five years pleading with the public for any information they may have, but few clues have been uncovered. A spokesperson for the Gary Police Department tells Dateline there are no new developments in the case. The case is still open and all tips received have been followed up on. Friends and family still post on the Help Find Diamond Bynum & King Walker Facebook page asking for help with their search. A $1,000 reward is being offered for the safe return of Diamond and King. If you have any information regarding Diamond and King’s cases, please contact the Gary Police Department at (219) 881-1260.

Renewed plea in case of missing Gary woman and nephew, nearly 6 years later​

Another desperate plea for help as La Shann Walker vows to never stop searching for her missing daughter and grandson.

Diamond Bynum and her nephew King Walker went missing nearly six years ago.

"We're still looking and searching, I'm not giving up," said Walker.

Community leaders said the case has gone cold because detectives no longer return Walker's calls.

The family said they have asked for Gary's mayor to get involved and help move the case along.

They said if that doesn't work, they will turn to state and federal officials.

Indiana is my home state. There has been almost NO coverage of Diamond and King's disappearances statewide in the last 5 years, including northern Indiana. Sickening and sad.

I am wondering if Diamond found her way back to the old neighborhood in Hammond.

Renewed plea in case of missing Gary woman and nephew, nearly 6 years later​

Another desperate plea for help as La Shann Walker vows to never stop searching for her missing daughter and grandson.

Diamond Bynum and her nephew King Walker went missing nearly six years ago.

"We're still looking and searching, I'm not giving up," said Walker.

Community leaders said the case has gone cold because detectives no longer return Walker's calls.

The family said they have asked for Gary's mayor to get involved and help move the case along.

They said if that doesn't work, they will turn to state and federal officials.
I had to refresh myself on this one. Even after doing so, all I can say is this case makes no sense whatsoever.

Indiana is my home state. There has been almost NO coverage of Diamond and King's disappearances statewide in the last 5 years, including northern Indiana. Sickening and sad.

I am wondering if Diamond found her way back to the old neighborhood in Hammond.
Yet, the media spends all their time reporting on politics. Makes me so mad!

Family Holds Out Hope That Missing Child, Woman Will Someday be Found​

Tuesday marks King Walker’s 8th birthday, and although it’s been six years since the child disappeared with his aunt Diamond Bynum, his family still believes that they are both still alive.

“He’s been missing since he was two,” La Shann Walker, the boy’s grandmother and Diamond’s mother, said. “He won’t remember us, but Diamond probably will. I never imagined it would be this long without them.”

6 years after Gary woman, young nephew disappeared, family slams police probe: ‘I don’t feel like they’ve been helpful at all’​

Six years ago Sunday, Diamond Bynum and her young nephew King Walker left a family home in Gary, Indiana, and never returned.

“It’s like they vanished from the face of the Earth,” La Shann Walker, Bynum’s mother and King’s grandmother, told the Sun-Times before a Sunday news conference in Daley Plaza.

She insisted the Gary Police Department should be doing more to crack the cold case, which involves two people who are especially vulnerable. Bynum, now 27, suffers from a genetic disorder and is mentally stunted, while King is just 8.

She said her calls to a police sergeant leading the case have either gone unanswered or unreturned, and she still doesn’t understand why the FBI or other agencies weren’t tapped to provide assistance.

King’s parents, Ariana Walker and Joshua Williams, later claimed authorities have failed to provide a critical police report, which they believe is vital for them to conduct their own probe with the assistance of a private investigator.

“I don’t feel like they’ve been helpful at all during the whole process,” Ariana Walker said. “It’s kind of been like they’ve been fighting us every step of the way.”

Williams said he believes police officials are now “trying to cover their tracks. I really think they dropped the ball from the beginning, and that’s why they’re pushing to like not release the original police report.”

La Shann Walker believes the disappearances of King and Bynum could potentially be traced to a GoLo Gas station in Gary, where she said a search dog lost their scents and a witness reported seeing them. However, she noted that surveillance video from the gas station was later deleted, and her loved ones weren’t seen in the footage that was ultimately recovered and reviewed by investigators.

Their scents were also detected at a vacant home, according to La Shawn Walker. But, like with the video at the gas station, that evidence apparently hasn’t led to a break in the investigation, which she claimed amounts to a systemic failure.

“They failed Diamond and King very badly,” she said. “And I just don’t know where to pick up the pieces.”

'We're not getting enough help': Gary mother pleads for answers after her daughter and grandson have been missing for nearly 7 years​

Nearly seven years ago, Diamond Bynum and her young nephew, King Walker, left a family home in Gary, Indiana and never returned.

And through all that time, their family has never given up hope they would be found alive. CBS 2's Shardaa Gray caught up with the mother about bringing awareness for her loved ones.

"We're just heartbroken that we have to continue to go, not knowing is the hardest part."

It's another year of unanswered questions for LaShann Walker.

She wants to bring awareness for her daughter Diamond Bynum and her grandson King Walker, who went missing in Gary, Indiana nearly seven years ago.

"Neither one of them could talk at the time. So they wouldn't be able to tell anyone they were missing," Walker said.

LaShann Walker is still holding on to hope that her daughter and grandson are still alive.

"Because we haven't found any bodies. That means there's a possibility that they're still out here somewhere, prayerfully alive."

Walker wishes more could be done to crack the cold case.

"I just want to bring awareness. I think it's unfair that we're not getting enough coverage. We're not getting enough help."

That leaves this grandmother and mother suffering understandable pain.

"It hurts my heart the fact that it's going on seven years and we haven't gotten any answers."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back