CAROLYN BLANKENFELD: Did she really drown in a swimming accident on Mother's Day 2018?

1602126565658.png

What Happened to Carolyn Blankenfeld? Perdido Bay, Florida​

Join the Ashes to Ash team as they look into a death of Carolyn Blankenfeld. Carolyn, was a mother/step-mother of four, including Bree Blankenfeld and wife of Christopher Blankenfeld.
Carolyn went out on a boat, for an early Mother’s Day celebration with her husband of 20 years, but Carolyn never returned.

It was reported that she drown in a swimming accident, but did she? The Ashes to Ash team combines forces with Christopher’s daughter Bree to find out the truth behind this suspicious “accident.”

Come with us as we uncover the police reports, police interview tapes, interviews with those involved, the 911 calls, and Chris in his own written words to his family, as we dissect what he says occurred and line that up with our findings.

True crime series investigating 2018 drowning in Perdido Bay
A true crime series is investigating a 2018 drowning of woman in Perdido Bay.

Family members tell Channel 3 News they don't believe 56-year-old Carolyn Blankenfeld's death was an accident.

Carolyn was found dead in Perdido Bay by the U.S. Coast Guard after spending the morning boating with her husband, Christopher.

Our original reporting states Christopher told investigators his wife was swimming when she started struggling in the water. He went in the water, abandoning the boat, to try and rescue her.

But his daughter, Bree Blankenfeld thinks there is more to the story.

A series of episodes from Ashes to Ash TV on Carolyn's death will be released this summer. This True Crime Show looks into cases they believe need more attention.

"In this particular case, you have a husband and a wife who went out on a boat together and she ends up dead and he is still alive," said Producer Ash Patino. "I'm not suggesting anything on exactly what happened on that boat. I'm just saying, the story doesn't add up."

Ash has several investigations under her belt as a video producer, but this one hits closer to home. Carolyn is her aunt. She tells Channel 3, she never intended to go down this road until her cousin, Bree reached out for help.

"Since my mom died, there have been a lot of odd things going on with my father," Bree said. "I'm looking for the truth and I know it's out there."

I have read here but have not commented as i had not watched the videos. I have now watched all four. Easy to watch and listen to and well done. I did not realize they are ongoing and did not conclude--yet anyhow... So more are coming?

Anybody else following along with this case? In episode 5 they talk with Christopher's second wife, which is EXTREMELY enlightening to the type of person he is.
I watched #5 late last night. I will say she has a way with her videos, easy to watch. The whole fear thing about going up to the house interspersed...

I hate using buzz words but I am going to use one, this man is a gas lighter at minimum. Setting her up to go to someone's house and then accusing her of being there and what is she up to is classic. The wife downplayed just how crazy that can make you feel when someone starts doing that to you. It is almost diabolical for lack of a better word. I have come to believe it is far from uncommon either... Unfortunately, I have lived it and more so I recognize it.

A classic example is a man who to you acts (mostly not all of the time) all in love with you (or so you think) and you are getting married or are married. You are nice to his family and friends and yet every time you are around them or his friends they may be nice (or not at all) but you get this chilly feeling off and on as if they don't like you or worse, seem to think you have done things you have not, you get hints of things. That kind of man is playing one way to you but telling everyone else when you are not around (or even when you are across the room) total lies... Even worse, these types will also involve your own family and children and do the same...

They also usually lie and cheat and always have someone on the side or want you to think so oddly enough. They won't want you getting proof of it to show others but they want you to worry that they do. Another trick will be you are going to a family event. Your day is going fine before you go. All of a sudden, just as this wife said, he starts acting very angry with you and you sit there and think, what did I do, nothing happened, everything was fine a minute ago. You ask and he yells and swears, no explanation, etc. It continues by him. You were fine, you have an event to go to but now you start getting upset because the event matters to you and he has NO reason for this, you did not do anything, you stay calm but it continues, repeat, and finally you are upset. You get to the event and now you are ticked and your attitude towards him shows... And he acts all sweet and nice and clueless... Someone says to you "what's your problem, why are you being mean to him, he didn't do anything..."

Finally, they do it so they can leave but blame you for doing so. They do the very same thing as above but they storm out and take off. More than likely seeing someone else, sometimes gone all night, but you see it is your fault. They put on a nonexistent fight if picking one does not work while you try to figure out what you did to tick him off...

Diabolical, I'm telling ya. Very damaging as well to live with. This type will also do this with jobs, with custody and more... I am not surprised at first this ex-wife stayed off grid. You have to get away from this type to ever clear your head and regain your footing and yes, your sanity. You are sane but they turn it around and the crazy mental games they play make a normal person wonder what they did because they can't fathom he is doing this intentionally nor do you know what all they are doing behind your back and saying...

Long post but if you happen to read it before watching #5, his behavior is classic. I'm no expert but the man in this case sounds like such a classic example I wanted to point it out. You notice she still seems to wonder today if she could maybe have done something different or why he was that way to her... I will guarantee you he is that way in every relationship, at least eventually... She was not the problem. I guess narcissism fits as well and they often go together. Again, I hate buzzwords but they fit here.

It is part of the same type who kills the wife/mother (not that all kill) then tells his children she was a sl*t and ran off with another man, did not care about them, left them... He does not even care if they grow up thinking this and devastated. Or that mom is mentally ill...

I sound like I am "teaching" sorry and am no expert but such things just make me see RED... The first I ever knew it for what it was, interestingly, it was a case on TV, a cold case or some such, and it was the female doing it to the man. His family thought she was wonderful, it was an extreme example and he finally came to catch on to what she was doing...

This is long but it is also a post on the video #5 and applies totally. I have no problem believing he killed Carolyn and in fact I would be hard put to believe he did not kill her. I feel sorry for his children but his daughter is better off if she can see him for what he is imo.

I hate using buzz words but I am going to use one, this man is a gas lighter at minimum. Setting her up to go to someone's house and then accusing her of being there and what is she up to is classic. The wife downplayed just how crazy that can make you feel when someone starts doing that to you. It is almost diabolical for lack of a better word. I have come to believe it is far from uncommon either... Unfortunately, I have lived it and more so I recognize it.
Yepppppp. CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL. And absolutely a gaslighter.

What did you think about her "stalker"? CREEPY.

Long post but if you happen to read it before watching #5, his behavior is classic. I'm no expert but the man in this case sounds like such a classic example I wanted to point it out. You notice she still seems to wonder today if she could maybe have done something different or why he was that way to her... I will guarantee you he is that way in every relationship, at least eventually... She was not the problem. I guess narcissism fits as well and they often go together. Again, I hate buzzwords but they fit here.
She was so young and wanted to prove that she could handle the "adult" relationship. Which made her more vulnerable to it IMO. But yeah, absolute narcissist. And it really makes me wonder what traits Carolyn was victim to. I don't think he's suddenly going to change. I'd imagine she was victim to the same. Gaslighting. Stalking. Setting her up to look like the bad one. Etc. People like that don't just turn it off.

Yepppppp. CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL. And absolutely a gaslighter.

What did you think about her "stalker"? CREEPY.

She was so young and wanted to prove that she could handle the "adult" relationship. Which made her more vulnerable to it IMO. But yeah, absolute narcissist. And it really makes me wonder what traits Carolyn was victim to. I don't think he's suddenly going to change. I'd imagine she was victim to the same. Gaslighting. Stalking. Setting her up to look like the bad one. Etc. People like that don't just turn it off.
Stalker thing definitely creepy!

I think part of the ex- may have been just a bit soft soaping it for the daughter's sake as to the effect the dad's gas lighting had on her... She was honest and totally believable but clearly cared and cares about the kids. She was young though and when one does not play games or thinks that way, it can take a long time to realize what the person is pulling on you when it is gas lighting... At first you keep thinking you missed something and what are you not understanding...

I agree, it does not get turned off. It does not change. I also don't know in some ways that it matters how old you are. You have that trust in the beginning of a relationship for some time or years, and it often starts out with a great guy and relationship and then it turns. Maybe if someone experienced it before... Jmo.

This guy in this case, I so agree, classic narcissist and gas lighter. I do think people overuse these terms nowadays... As they do psychopath, sociopath, etc. I think some or most have some traits but this guy fits the overall definition from the way I understand it... No expert as i said but boy he has a ton of the traits in listening to these videos...

She always leaves the end of a video hanging too lol.... I am totally interested in this...

Nothing much in number six stood out to me other than it is very likely he was a cheating husband always with one ready to be the next is the impression I get (throughout actually). Interesting Carolyn's ex-husband was stationed at Fort Hood, I guess because I associate the place with bad things it does not mean there were not good people who were there or went through there.

Her ex- and them were close obviously. The boat was moved and dogs taken off before apparently it being inspected.

My one question is who was like peeping in windows, etc. that Carolyn had been with prior? Was it the ex- but maybe upset at first but it got better later and they became friends?

That's all I've got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuniorTova
Back