VA CAMERON, EMMA & COLIN ALLISON: Missing from Roanoke, VA - 20 April 2020 - Ages 6, 6, & 1 *Found Safe*

5ea016cac3a53.image.jpg

Virginia State Police said the children are believed to have been abducted by John Varion Allison, described as a white man with blond hair, brown eyes, 5-foot-9-inches tall, weighing 185 pounds.

He may be with his wife, Ruby Marie Allison, described as a white woman with brown hair, brown eyes, 5-foot-3-inches tall, weighing 160 pounds.

Authorities said they believe the children were abducted at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and are in "extreme danger."

UPDATE: 11:45 a.m.

Roanoke County Police Chief Hall said the father, John Allison, turned himself in to the Salem attorney at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The children are still missing. Police say John Allison is not giving any information to them.

Not good. Are they with his GF?

UPDATE: 11:45 a.m.

Roanoke County Police Chief Hall said the father, John Allison, turned himself in to the Salem attorney at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

The children are still missing. Police say John Allison is not giving any information to them.

Not good. Are they with his GF?
The children are believed to have been abducted by their parents — John Varion Allison and Ruby Marie Allison — and are believed to be in extreme danger, according to police. The department says the parents are facing three counts of abduction.

abductor-1.jpg

John Allison
abductor-2.jpg

Ruby Allison
(Photos: Courtesy Roanoke County Police Department)

The children are believed to have been abducted by their parents — John Varion Allison and Ruby Marie Allison — and are believed to be in extreme danger, according to police. The department says the parents are facing three counts of abduction.

abductor-1.jpg

John Allison
abductor-2.jpg

Ruby Allison
(Photos: Courtesy Roanoke County Police Department)

Ah, so Ruby is their mother? That's better! I hope they are found very soon!

With the same last names from the start, I have wondered if it was parents or perhaps an aunt and uncle, etc. Now it is clearer. I am reserving judgment on these parents until more of the story is known. It sounds to me in those articles that they avoided service of a warrant in which case I don't exactly see how they violated anything. I would also like to know why they are considered to be in extreme danger. Perhaps they are and they were about to be removed for good reason but I would sure like to know the rest of the story. Hopefully since it is the parents, these children will be found safe. I can't see where this is an abduction though at this point with the information shared this far.

With the same last names from the start, I have wondered if it was parents or perhaps an aunt and uncle, etc. Now it is clearer. I am reserving judgment on these parents until more of the story is known. It sounds to me in those articles that they avoided service of a warrant in which case I don't exactly see how they violated anything. I would also like to know why they are considered to be in extreme danger. Perhaps they are and they were about to be removed for good reason but I would sure like to know the rest of the story. Hopefully since it is the parents, these children will be found safe. I can't see where this is an abduction though at this point with the information shared this far.
A county police statement said that before the children disappeared, the county social services office had tried to carry out a court-ordered child removal for them, but John Allison refused to give their location or allow Child Protective Services access to the children.

Police say Roanoke County Social Services was attempting to serve a Court ordered child removal for the children, but John Allison refused to share their location or allow CPS access to the children.

According to Amy Whittaker, the Public Information Officer for Roanoke County, Roanoke County Department of Social Services contacted the Roanoke County Police Department to request assistance in serving a child removal order in north Roanoke County on Tuesday, April 21. However, when social services personnel tried to serve the order assigning custody of the three children to DSS, their father refused to say where the children were or make arrangements to turn them over to DSS.

Out of concern the parents might try to remove the children from the Commonwealth, Whittaker says police obtained felony abduction warrants for 34-year-old John Allison and 35-year-old Ruby Allison and issued an Amber Alert Tuesday night, alerting law enforcement agencies across the eastern half of the U.S.

Doesn't say WHY they were removing the children, but they had lost custody and CPS was attempting to remove the children. That's definitely an abduction.

Thank you all for the further information, that clarifies it much further. The first articles only said they did not manage to serve the warrant and so just on that basic info, to me, they weren't violating a warrant as it was never served. If there is involvement in such before that as there usually is and your info you shared above, then yes, I agree, it's an abduction if they had been requested to turn them over prior, etc. and there was DSS involved prior and more. I was going literally off the first articles and that was why I was on a wait and see. Now I see more and my opinion will adjust accordingly... Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back