VA BRIDGETT CLARK & BECKY WILLIAMS: Missing from Buena Vista, VA - 18 April 2020 - Ages 42 & 40 *Found Deceased*

1587672808706.png

BUENA VISTA, Va. (WDBJ7) - The Buena Vista Police Department is asking for help finding two women nobody has reported seeing since Saturday.

Police say Jacquelyn “Bridgett” Clark, 42, and Mary “Becky” Williams, 40, were last reported seen in the City of Buena Vista April 18, shortly before midnight. Investigators believe the two left Buena Vista headed toward the Smith Mountain Lake area of Franklin County, driving a dark blue 2013 Ford Explorer with VA license plateg VKG4414.

Police believe Clark and Williams drove from Buena Vista via Interstate 81 South to 581 into Roanoke County, continuing over Route 116/Windy Gap Mountain into Franklin County.

The attached photo is of a similar vehicle and is not the one believed to be used by the women.

The last reported contact with Williams or Clark was Sunday about 230 a.m.

Anyone with any information regarding their whereabouts is asked to contact:

Buena Vista Police Department - 540.261.6171
Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office - 540.463.7328
Franklin County Sheriff’s Office - 540.483.3000

Police believe the two traveled from Buena Vista into Roanoke County on I-81 south, continuing over Rt. 116/Windy Gap Mountain into Franklin County.

Last known contact with Williams or Clark was on Sunday, April 19, 2020 at approximately 2:30 a.m., police said.

Search continues for missing Buena Vista women

“Where would they get together and take off to? Why?" Randy Stennitt, “Bridgett” Clark’s Uncle, said. "You know, two people that not know each other very well.”

Jacquelyn "Bridgett" Clark and Mary "Becky" Williams were last heard from early Sunday morning, and are now missing.

“The story is that she was supposed to meet a group of people at Smith Mountain Lake early Sunday morning," Buena Vista Police Chief Kevin Hartman said. "And that she never showed up.”

Driving out of Buena Vista late Saturday were two women family members say had been friends about a week.

“We do get hits and pings through the cell towers all the way down 220 and into the local area of Franklin County around the lake," Hartman said. "And that’s the last we hear from them, is about 2:40 in the morning, their phones go dead.”

“It’s really an odd situation the way it’s happened," Stennitt said. "It’s, you know, the way the phones went dead all of a sudden, and you know nothing else coming out of the phones. It’s just been a really weird situation.”

Police fear they may have driven off the road into the water, but the families continue to hope the women are still alive.

“I know her mom and family are really and her two children are still having hope that is the case," Stennitt said. "We will never give up hope until we find out otherwise.”

A vehicle that matches the one in the case of two missing women was recovered from Smith Mountain Lake Saturday night, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.

thumbnail_IMG_4508.jpg

WDBJ7
Crews pulled a Blue Ford Explorer from the lake around 8:30 p.m., in the area of Webster Road and Crafts Church Road

Two bodies were found inside the vehicle.

The Blue Ford Explorer was reported in a missing persons case out of Buena Vista, where Jacquelyn "Bridgett" Clark and Mary "Becky" Williams had been missing almost a week.

UPDATE: The bodies of two women found inside a submerged car over the weekend in Smith Mountain Lake have been positively identified as the two women who disappeared from the Buena Vista area a week earlier. At last report, there is no word yet on the cause of death for 42-year-old Bridgett Clark and 40-year-old Becky Williams.

UPDATE: The bodies of two women found inside a submerged car over the weekend in Smith Mountain Lake have been positively identified as the two women who disappeared from the Buena Vista area a week earlier. At last report, there is no word yet on the cause of death for 42-year-old Bridgett Clark and 40-year-old Becky Williams.
I've had nightmares before of this happening to me. SO SAD! :(

Literally one of my greatest fears. I have one of those special tools to cut seat belts and break open windows. Not that it always works/helps, but just in case.
I'm glad they were found so quickly. :(
If you keep that tool in the glovebox you might have a bigger issue. Dramatic increase of pressure could prevent you from opening the glovebox. Might help to get your feet up, if you're able to and kick the heck out of the window, just sayin ...

If you keep that tool in the glovebox you might have a bigger issue. Dramatic increase of pressure could prevent you from opening the glovebox. Might help to get your feet up, if you're able to and kick the heck out of the window, just sayin ...

Nope, it's right next to me in the driver's door compartment thingy. Nothing to open. :)

It's similar to this. Seat belt cutter, door puncher, and a flashing strobe light thingy.

1588014495248.png

How sad. I am assuming they figure they ended up there accidentally?
BUENA VISTA, Va.UPDATE

Autopsies reveal the cause of death for both Jacquelyn “Bridgett” Clark, 42, and Mary “Becky” Williams, 40, is drowning, according to the medical examiner’s office in Roanoke.

Both deaths have been ruled accidental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back