CA BARSTOW JANE DOE: HF, 14-19, severed head found in backpack in San Bernardino County, CA - 10 Feb 2010

1602890273287.png

1431UFCA.jpg
1431UFCA1.jpg
1431UFCA2.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by NCMEC.

Date of Discovery: February 10, 2010
Location of Discovery: Barstow, San Bernardino County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 3-4 days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Undetermined. Considered homicide.

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 14-19 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Dark brown and straight. Medium length.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Numerous fillings and high-quality dental care.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: Black backpack.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's severed head was found in a black backpack along Lenwood Road, west of the I-15 Freeway in Barstow, California at 2:55 P.M.
Plastic bags from Walgreens and Fiesta Foods were wrapped around the head.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division
Agency Contact Person: September Fonzi-Jones or Deputy Robert Hunter
Agency Phone Number: 909-387-2978
Agency E-Mail: coroner(at)sbcsd.org or bhunter(at)sbcsd.org
Agency Case Number: 701000992
Agency Name: Barstow Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Sergeant Adam Cortinas
Agency Phone Number: 760-255-5170
Agency E-Mail: ACortinas(at)barstowca.org
Agency Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: U420023786
NamUs Case Number: 6718
NCMEC Case Number: 1141616

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
Daily Press

Admin Notes
Added: 7/10/18; Last Updated: 7/31/18

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6718
Female, Multiple
Date Body Found February 10, 2010
Location Found Barstow, California
Estimated Age Range 14-19 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number701000992

Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years) 14-19
Estimated Year of Death 2010
Estimated PMI Days
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found February 10, 2010
NamUs Case Created February 22, 2010
ME/C QA Reviewed November 29, 2011

Location Found Map
Location Barstow, California 92311
County San Bernardino County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--

Circumstances of Recovery Jane Doe #11-10 was found as severed head along desert road south of Barstow. She is estimated to be between 14 and 19 years of age and may be Hispanic. Identity may only be confirmed by dental X-rays, head X-rays, or DNA. Possible comparison with "smiling photographs" (showing teeth).

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries

Circumstance Notes
Designated Jane Doe #11-10

Designated Jane Doe #11-10

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Dark-brown hair, straight, medium length (neck to shoulder)
Body Hair Description Unknown
Facial Hair Description None
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

• NCMEC: 1141616 - NCIC: U420023786 - NamUS: 6718
Jane Doe 2010
No photo available

• Date Found
    • Feb 10, 2010
    • Location Found
    • Barstow, CA
    • Estimated Age
    • 14-19
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • Hispanic
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Brown
On February 10, 2010, the head of an unidentified female was found in a back pack located along Lenwood Road, west of the I-15 Freeway in Barstow, California. The decedent is thought to be a Hispanic female between 14 and 19 years of age. She had straight, dark brown hair that was approximately shoulder length and pierced ears. She had numerous fillings and high-quality dental care during her life. The reconstruction featured above is an artist?s rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner, reference case number 701000992.

• 1-800-843-5678
  • San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner?s Office (California) 1-909-387-2978

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this doe was undocumented? What do you guys think, since she did have dental care. I might be all wrong.

So, what happens once you submit it to NamUs? how long does it usually take before you know something/do they always let you know something?
Sometimes they reply, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the case worker will respond with a "thanks, we're looking into it", or a "thanks its already been ruled out", but sometimes you hear nothing back.
I've submitted things before and heard nothing, but later the persons name showed up on the Rule-Out list. I've also submitted something and heard back both of the above versions, and also heard nothing at all. It really just depends.

So, it really just depends on who you get and how busy they are.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I’m seeing so much “me, me, me” in today’s world - young who have been taught that they should do whatEVER they have to do to get what they want/what they think they deserve in this world no matter what that means happening to others because of those actions. Sorry to digress y’all, I’m just so glad there are some selfless people like y’all. There IS a lot of joy to be had in selfless acts. You all, and your work, is much appreciated. I realize hearing that from me isn’t like hearing it from a family or LE, but hopefully it boosts you a little to know many others are noticing.👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I wonder if this doe was undocumented? What do you guys think, since she did have dental care. I might be all wrong.
Mexico has great and affordable (in our opinion anyhow) dental care although I am not sure how accessible or affordable it is to all residents.

What part of California is San Bernadino? I am going to look up if get to it but someone probably knows. I mean is it close to the Mexican border at all?

I'm lost. I thought this case was just put on here. Maybe I am thinking of a different one. Or did it just open up for discussion?

Mexico has great and affordable (in our opinion anyhow) dental care although I am not sure how accessible or affordable it is to all residents.

What part of California is San Bernadino? I am going to look up if get to it but someone probably knows. I mean is it close to the Mexican border at all?
Socal, near LA/San Diego

Socal, near LA/San Diego
Thanks. I thought most of the "Sans" were not in the northern half, Bernadino, San Francisco, San Diego but wasn't sure where exactly Bernadino was. And never did get the chance to look it up so thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back